|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Central High.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Langston know this influential woman?
(a) She sponsors the Garden Club to which Hughes belongs.
(b) She is his mother's employer.
(c) She is his English teacher.
(d) She is his neighbor.
2. What does Langston's mother make him do at church?
(a) Read the Gospel.
(b) Be in the choir.
(c) Be an acolyte.
(d) Act out a role.
3. At what age does Langston Hughes begin to consider himself a poet?
4. From whom is his mother's grandfather supposedly descended?
(a) Sterling A. Brown.
(b) Francis Scott Key.
(c) Frances Quarles.
(d) Kole Black.
5. What does Langston do with the money the hotel pays him?
(a) He gives it to the Reed family.
(b) He saves it.
(c) He uses it to buy candy.
(d) He spends it at the theater.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the children do one by one?
2. Why do the children do this?
3. What do people suppose Langston has because he is black?
4. What does Langston do that evening?
5. Does Langston have any interest in poetry?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)