|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, Theater in a Suitcase.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Langston's plays become more socially relevant?
(a) As he begins to write historical pieces.
(b) As he begins to write about current events.
(c) As he begins to write about the African American situation.
(d) As he begins to protest the war.
2. What is the name of the theater in Los Angeles?
(a) The New Harlem Theater.
(b) The Next Apollo Theater.
(c) The African Theater.
(d) The New Negro Theater.
3. What is Hughes' job aboard the S.S. West Hesseltine?
(a) To cook for the officers.
(b) To watch over the petty officers' mess and make up their staterooms.
(c) To swab the deck.
(d) To steer the ship.
4. After a while, when Langston stops going to classes, in what does he become more interested?
5. Where will he be joining these people?
(a) In Lincoln, Illinois.
(b) In Cleveland, Ohio.
(c) In Washington, DC.
(d) In Chicago, Illinois.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hughes pleased to find about Africa?
2. What leads Langston and his father to get into an argument concerning Langston's future?
3. Where does Langston attend high school?
4. After they return to New York City, what does Langston begin planning?
5. When Fire is finally published at the end of the summer, how is it received?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)