|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, Theater in a Suitcase.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Fire is finally published at the end of the summer, how is it received?
(a) With hostile reviews.
(b) With negative reviews.
(c) With mixed reviews.
(d) With positive reviews.
2. What does Langston think about his job as a doorman at a nightclub?
(a) It is exciting.
(b) It is satisfying.
(c) It is fine.
(d) It is unsatisfying.
3. During this time he meets with many important literary figures of what movement?
(a) The African American Movement.
(b) The Black Wave.
(c) The Black Renaissance.
(d) The Harlem Movement.
4. What does Langston observe while working at a soda fountain?
(a) Many different views on the war.
(b) Social interaction.
(c) Many different views on racial issues.
(d) The many people who support the war.
5. Where do Langston's poems continue to appear?
(a) In The Crisis.
(b) In Columbia University's paper.
(c) In the Black Renaissance.
(d) In Fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. After a while, when Langston stops going to classes, in what does he become more interested?
2. Who does Langston meet in Ashkhabad?
3. Why does Langston purchase a new suit and coat and travel to McKeesport, Pennsylvania?
4. How does Langston's father try to convince Langston to come to Mexico for the summer?
5. What happens when Hughes wakes the next morning?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)