|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, Theater in a Suitcase.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Langston help this family?
(a) With the housework, which included setting hens and driving cows to pasture.
(b) By branding the cattle.
(c) By cooking and cleaning.
(d) By tutoring their children.
2. Why does Langston sneak into the medical school building?
(a) He wants to steal medical supplies.
(b) To watch students dissect cadavers.
(c) He needs a doctor.
(d) He wants to be a doctor.
3. Why is Lincoln known as the "black Princeton?"
(a) Many of the black faculty had gone to Princeton.
(b) Many of the white faculty had gone to Princeton.
(c) The courses are similar to those at Princeton.
(d) Many of the black students would later attend graduate school at Princeton.
4. Of what is Langston in search when he returns to New York?
(a) An apartment.
(b) Another sailing vessel.
(c) A theater for which to write.
(d) A job.
5. What does Langston's father approach him one day and say?
(a) He wants him to go to college and become a painter.
(b) He wants him to go to college and become a writer.
(c) He wants him to go to college and become a doctor.
(d) He wants him to go to college and become a mining engineer.
Short Answer Questions
1. The result of Hughes' time spent writing in this place is what?
2. What does his mother receive while they are there?
3. Who will Langston be joining?
4. While in Baton Rouge, what does Langston visit?
5. What does Langston do with the money the hotel pays him?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)