|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, Theater in a Suitcase.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what is Langston an active member?
(a) Several teams and clubs.
(b) The debate team.
(c) The Spanish Club.
(d) The basketball team.
2. What do the children do one by one?
(a) They approach the altar.
(b) They sing a solo.
(c) They thank their families and friends for their support.
(d) They read a passage from the Bible.
3. What does Hughes do with the books?
(a) He rereads them.
(b) He throws them into the sea.
(c) He puts them in a crate.
(d) He gives them away.
4. What happens when Langston shows up to claim his room key at Columbia?
(a) He is told that blacks are not allowed in the dormitories.
(b) He is told that he will be staying off campus.
(c) He is given a key to a small, closet-sized room.
(d) He is given a key and a roommate.
5. What does Langston do when he is denied admittance because of his color?
(a) He stays at home.
(b) He begins watching movies at the opera house.
(c) He complains to the management.
(d) He runs away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hughes become involved with anti-war campaigns?
2. What leads Langston and his father to get into an argument concerning Langston's future?
3. Why is Langston's summer in Toluca not a bad one?
4. How does Langston decide to use his pay from the film?
5. As what is Langston's mother employed?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)