|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, Theater in a Suitcase.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Langston shows up to claim his room key at Columbia?
(a) He is told that blacks are not allowed in the dormitories.
(b) He is given a key and a roommate.
(c) He is given a key to a small, closet-sized room.
(d) He is told that he will be staying off campus.
2. What does his mother receive while they are there?
(a) News about her sister.
(b) Cancer treatments.
(c) A letter from his stepfather.
(d) Good care at a reasonable price from a black physician.
3. How much success does Langston have with these submissions?
4. To where do Langston and his mother move back?
(a) New York.
5. What do the children do one by one?
(a) They read a passage from the Bible.
(b) They approach the altar.
(c) They sing a solo.
(d) They thank their families and friends for their support.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are his first few months in this city?
2. Does Langston have any interest in poetry?
3. As what is Langston's mother employed?
4. Whose poems does Langston like?
5. During this time he meets with many important literary figures of what movement?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)