|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, Theater in a Suitcase.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does this group of individuals decide to create?
(a) A black academy called the Renaissance Academy.
(b) A black theater called the Apollo Theatre.
(c) A black magazine of the arts called Fire.
(d) A black university called New Negro College.
2. What does Langston do with the money the hotel pays him?
(a) He uses it to buy candy.
(b) He spends it at the theater.
(c) He gives it to the Reed family.
(d) He saves it.
3. Does Langston finish college at Columbia?
(a) No, because he transfers to NYU.
(d) No, but he attends graduate school there.
4. What does Hughes purchase?
(a) A plane.
(b) A van.
(c) A bus.
(d) A Ford.
5. How many parts of the African coast does Hughes see?
(c) Only a few.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Noel Sullivan, an old friend of Hughes', put him up?
2. What does Langston's mother want him to do?
3. After they return to New York City, what does Langston begin planning?
4. When he returned to Harlem in January of 1938, what does Langston do?
5. When does Langston return to the United States?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)