|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, Theater in a Suitcase.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much success does Langston have with these submissions?
2. What does his mother receive while they are there?
(a) Cancer treatments.
(b) News about her sister.
(c) Good care at a reasonable price from a black physician.
(d) A letter from his stepfather.
3. Why is this summer called the 'Red Summer?'
(a) Because the fear of Communism has spread like wildfire.
(b) Because many Chinese are moving to the country.
(c) Because the summer has record high temperatures.
(d) Because of the violence against blacks that ensues in the post war environment.
4. The result of Hughes' time spent writing in this place is what?
(a) A book of poetry.
(b) A play.
(c) A book of short stories.
(d) An autobiography.
5. After they return to New York City, what does Langston begin planning?
(a) Another job on a ship.
(b) A trip to Paris.
(c) A tour in Asia.
(d) A poetry-reading tour.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hughes purchase?
2. What does he do during this activity?
3. How is "The Big Sea" received by many critics?
4. Why do Lucas and Hughes spend most of their evenings as guests in black households?
5. Where are Hughes' plays performed?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)