|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, Theater in a Suitcase.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As what is Langston's mother employed?
(a) A nanny.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A cook.
(d) A maid.
2. What happens during a revival?
(a) Langston finally attends church with the Reeds.
(b) The entire congregaton prays for the souls of the children.
(c) The children of the congregation are baptized.
(d) Langston accepts Jesus as his savior.
3. Why is Hughes severely hazed when he first attends Lincoln?
(a) Because of his mild celebrity attributed to "The Weary Blues."
(b) He is one of the few black students.
(c) He does not appear as "black" as other students.
(d) He is very intelligent.
4. What does Hughes do with the books?
(a) He gives them away.
(b) He rereads them.
(c) He puts them in a crate.
(d) He throws them into the sea.
5. Why do the children do this?
(a) Their families bring them to church every Sunday.
(b) They want to be professional singers.
(c) They want to assist with the service.
(d) They claim to be saved.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are his first few months in this city?
2. Has Langston become interested in writing?
3. What does his mother do afterward?
4. Who introduces Langston to the poetry of Carl Sandburg?
5. Why are Hughes and the crew sent to Odessa?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)