|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, Theater in a Suitcase.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Auntie Reed insist that Langston do?
(a) Clean the house every Saturday.
(b) Go to church every Sunday.
(c) Read every night.
(d) Babysit her children.
2. High school has readied him for college. Does Langston have a chance of going on with his education?
(a) A great chance.
(b) Little chance.
(c) No chance.
(d) No, because he does not want to go to college.
3. Where does Langston tour for the entirety of the summer?
(a) The American South.
(c) The American Southwest.
(d) The American West.
4. Why do Lucas and Hughes spend most of their evenings as guests in black households?
(a) They are welcomed by the communities they visit.
(b) They do not trust white people.
(c) They are often unwelcome in hotels.
(d) They do not feel comfortable staying in hotels.
5. After they return to New York City, what does Langston begin planning?
(a) A tour in Asia.
(b) A poetry-reading tour.
(c) A trip to Paris.
(d) Another job on a ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is this summer called the 'Red Summer?'
2. When does Langston return to the United States?
3. Who is Hughes' only friend in Africa?
4. The result of Hughes' time spent writing in this place is what?
5. What happens when Hughes wakes the next morning?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)