|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, Theater in a Suitcase.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Langston meet in Ashkhabad?
(a) A reporter named Allan Cumming.
(b) An actress who is also a writer.
(c) A reporter named Arthur Koestler.
(d) A dancer who becomes his girlfriend.
2. What does this group of individuals decide to create?
(a) A black university called New Negro College.
(b) A black academy called the Renaissance Academy.
(c) A black magazine of the arts called Fire.
(d) A black theater called the Apollo Theatre.
3. How does Langston know this influential woman?
(a) She is his neighbor.
(b) She is his mother's employer.
(c) She sponsors the Garden Club to which Hughes belongs.
(d) She is his English teacher.
4. In what activity is Hughes involved?
(a) The school basketball team.
(b) The school band.
(c) The school paper.
(d) The school Communist organization.
5. What does Langston do at this revival?
(a) He is saved.
(b) He hides in a back pew.
(c) He refuses to join the children by the altar.
(d) He pretends to be saved.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Langston tour for the entirety of the summer?
2. Why is Hughes severely hazed when he first attends Lincoln?
3. What is Hughes' job aboard the S.S. West Hesseltine?
4. During this time he meets with many important literary figures of what movement?
5. What happens when Hughes wakes the next morning?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)