|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, Theater in a Suitcase.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Langston treated in Africa?
(a) He is warmly welcomed.
(b) He is discriminated against.
(c) He is mistreated because he is American.
(d) He is treated as an African.
2. What does Langston think about his father?
(a) He misses him.
(b) He wonders what he is up to.
(c) He should write to him soon.
(d) He never wants to see him again.
3. Where does Langston stay the following summer in order to complete his first novel?
(b) On Lincoln's campus.
(c) Carmel, California.
(d) New York City.
4. Where does Langston attend high school?
(a) Lawrence Central High School
(b) North Central High School.
(c) Central Catholic High School.
(d) Central High School.
5. Where is "The Weary Blues" published?
(a) In the Paris Gazette.
(b) In the Amsterdam News.
(c) In the London Times.
(d) In the Nice News.
Short Answer Questions
1. After they return to New York City, what does Langston begin planning?
2. How does Fisk College reward Hughes for reading his poems at their college?
3. What happens during a revival?
4. Who introduces Langston to the poetry of Carl Sandburg?
5. What is the S.S. West Hesseltine?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)