|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, Theater in a Suitcase.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What leads Langston and his father to get into an argument concerning Langston's future?
(a) Langston does not want to go to college.
(b) Langston wants to be a writer.
(c) Langston wants to be a mining engineer.
(d) Langston wants to be a painter.
2. Where does Langston attend high school?
(a) Lawrence Central High School
(b) Central Catholic High School.
(c) North Central High School.
(d) Central High School.
3. Why do Lucas and Hughes spend most of their evenings as guests in black households?
(a) They are often unwelcome in hotels.
(b) They do not trust white people.
(c) They do not feel comfortable staying in hotels.
(d) They are welcomed by the communities they visit.
4. Of what is Langston in search when he returns to New York?
(a) An apartment.
(b) A theater for which to write.
(c) A job.
(d) Another sailing vessel.
5. In what does Hughes become interested?
(d) Social issues.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Langston has had enough of the ocean and asked for his pay, where does he travel?
2. What does Langston think about the box of books he has brought for this journey?
3. During this time he meets with many important literary figures of what movement?
4. For how long does "Don't You Want to Be Free?" run?
5. As what is Langston's mother employed?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)