|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, Theater in a Suitcase.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much success does Langston have with these submissions?
2. By whom is Langston greatly influenced?
(a) Mary Hazelnutt.
(b) Helen Chestnutt.
(c) Carrie Walnutt.
(d) Sally Pecan.
3. What is Lincoln?
(a) A college that accepts many black students.
(b) A public university for black students.
(c) A prestigious school for blacks.
(d) A liberal arts college.
4. Why do Lucas and Hughes spend most of their evenings as guests in black households?
(a) They do not trust white people.
(b) They do not feel comfortable staying in hotels.
(c) They are often unwelcome in hotels.
(d) They are welcomed by the communities they visit.
5. Where does Langston accept a job teaching English?
(a) In a private all boys' technical college.
(b) In a public university.
(c) In a public school in Mexico City.
(d) In a private business school and in a girls' finishing school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Langston do on the train ride to Mexico?
2. Why is this summer called the 'Red Summer?'
3. Where is "The Weary Blues" published?
4. How does Langston's father try to convince Langston to come to Mexico for the summer?
5. Why does Langston move to Cleveland?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)