|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, Theater in a Suitcase.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Langston has had enough of the ocean and asked for his pay, where does he travel?
(b) Los Angeles.
2. Where does Langston accept a job teaching English?
(a) In a private business school and in a girls' finishing school.
(b) In a private all boys' technical college.
(c) In a public university.
(d) In a public school in Mexico City.
3. Where does Langston spend his first evening in New York?
(a) At the YMCA.
(b) With W.E.B. du Bois.
(c) At a friend's home.
(d) At a cheap hotel.
4. How does Hughes become involved with anti-war campaigns?
(a) Writing and handing out pamphlets to the public.
(b) Speaking to people at rallies.
(c) Advertisements for the radio.
(d) Writing advertisements for billboards.
5. What happens to the musical revue for which Langston works as a song lyricist?
(a) It is never seen.
(b) It has a small amount of success.
(c) It is very successful.
(d) It closes after only one performance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is this summer called the 'Red Summer?'
2. How many parts of the African coast does Hughes see?
3. Where will he be joining these people?
4. In what community center does Langston become involved?
5. What does Hughes purchase?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)