|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, Theater in a Suitcase.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Langston continue to submit plays?
(c) The Karamu.
2. What does his mother do afterward?
(a) She sends him to live with his father.
(b) She whips him and teaches him a lesson about respecting other people's art.
(c) She begins to cry hysterically.
(d) She has him meet with the pastor.
3. Where does Langston accept a job teaching English?
(a) In a public university.
(b) In a public school in Mexico City.
(c) In a private business school and in a girls' finishing school.
(d) In a private all boys' technical college.
4. Why is Lincoln known as the "black Princeton?"
(a) The courses are similar to those at Princeton.
(b) Many of the black faculty had gone to Princeton.
(c) Many of the black students would later attend graduate school at Princeton.
(d) Many of the white faculty had gone to Princeton.
5. Who does Langston meet in Ashkhabad?
(a) A dancer who becomes his girlfriend.
(b) A reporter named Arthur Koestler.
(c) A reporter named Allan Cumming.
(d) An actress who is also a writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. While in Baton Rouge, what does Langston visit?
2. Where does Langston stay the following summer in order to complete his first novel?
3. Whose poems does Langston like?
4. When Fire is finally published at the end of the summer, how is it received?
5. What has Langston's mother just done?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)