|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, Theater in a Suitcase.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Langston continue to submit plays?
(d) The Karamu.
2. Why does Langston move to Cleveland?
(a) Langston's father finds work at a steel mill.
(b) Langston's stepfather finds work at a steel mill.
(c) Langston wants to attend Central High School.
(d) Langston's mother has found work as a maid.
3. What does Langston's father approach him one day and say?
(a) He wants him to go to college and become a painter.
(b) He wants him to go to college and become a doctor.
(c) He wants him to go to college and become a writer.
(d) He wants him to go to college and become a mining engineer.
4. Where do Langston's poems continue to appear?
(a) In Fire.
(b) In the Black Renaissance.
(c) In Columbia University's paper.
(d) In The Crisis.
5. Of what is Langston in search when he returns to New York?
(a) Another sailing vessel.
(b) A theater for which to write.
(c) A job.
(d) An apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. The result of Hughes' time spent writing in this place is what?
2. What does Langston's mother want him to do?
3. What does this group of individuals decide to create?
4. Why are Hughes and the crew sent to Odessa?
5. How does Langston know this influential woman?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)