|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Columbia vs. Harlem.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what does Hughes become interested?
(a) Social issues.
2. Does Langston finish college at Columbia?
(c) No, but he attends graduate school there.
(d) No, because he transfers to NYU.
3. Who takes Langston in?
(a) The Reeds.
(b) The Campbells.
(c) The DeVanes.
(d) The Smiths.
4. Who does Langston take with him when he meets the editors of The Crisis?
(a) His stepbrother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His stepfather.
(d) His father.
5. What does Langston do on the train ride to Mexico?
(a) He begins his autobiography.
(b) He writes one of his better-known poems, "The Negro Speaks of Rivers."
(c) He writes a letter to his mother.
(d) He thinks about his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the children do one by one?
2. What does Langston do when he is denied admittance because of his color?
3. What does his mother do afterward?
4. What does Langston think about the box of books he has brought for this journey?
5. What does Langston do with the money the hotel pays him?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)