|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Columbia vs. Harlem.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does his mother do afterward?
(a) She sends him to live with his father.
(b) She begins to cry hysterically.
(c) She has him meet with the pastor.
(d) She whips him and teaches him a lesson about respecting other people's art.
2. During his senior year of high school, what happens to Langston?
(a) He is prom king.
(b) He becomes class president.
(c) He joins the track team.
(d) He is elected editor of the yearbook and class poet.
3. What does Langston's mother make him do at church?
(a) Read the Gospel.
(b) Be an acolyte.
(c) Act out a role.
(d) Be in the choir.
4. What does Langston's mother write?
(a) Sermons for church.
(c) Verse for church programs.
5. Why does Langston move to Cleveland?
(a) Langston wants to attend Central High School.
(b) Langston's stepfather finds work at a steel mill.
(c) Langston's mother has found work as a maid.
(d) Langston's father finds work at a steel mill.
Short Answer Questions
1. As what is Langston's mother employed?
2. What has Langston's mother just done?
3. Who takes Langston in?
4. After a while, when Langston stops going to classes, in what does he become more interested?
5. Where will he be joining these people?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)