|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Columbia vs. Harlem.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As what is Langston's mother employed?
(a) A nanny.
(b) A maid.
(c) A cook.
(d) A teacher.
2. Where does Langston spend his first evening in New York?
(a) At a cheap hotel.
(b) At a friend's home.
(c) With W.E.B. du Bois.
(d) At the YMCA.
3. In what community center does Langston become involved?
(a) The Carousel.
(b) The Huron Playhouse.
(c) The Croswell.
(d) The Karamu House.
4. What does Langston do at this revival?
(a) He is saved.
(b) He refuses to join the children by the altar.
(c) He pretends to be saved.
(d) He hides in a back pew.
5. Why is Langston's summer in Toluca not a bad one?
(a) His father encourages him to write.
(b) His father is rarely around.
(c) He makes many friends.
(d) His father is around most of the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Langston's only friend at Columbia?
2. After another separation with his stepfather, what does Hughes' mother do?
3. Why is this summer called the 'Red Summer?'
4. How does Langston help this family?
5. What does Langston think about the box of books he has brought for this journey?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)