|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Columbia vs. Harlem.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By whom is Langston greatly influenced?
(a) Mary Hazelnutt.
(b) Carrie Walnutt.
(c) Helen Chestnutt.
(d) Sally Pecan.
2. Who introduces Langston to the poetry of Carl Sandburg?
(a) Miss Emilia Hartkopf.
(b) Miss Emily Mills.
(c) Miss Ellen Conn.
(d) Miss Ethel Weimer.
3. What does Langston's father approach him one day and say?
(a) He wants him to go to college and become a mining engineer.
(b) He wants him to go to college and become a doctor.
(c) He wants him to go to college and become a writer.
(d) He wants him to go to college and become a painter.
4. What job does Langston have on his first ship?
(a) He is a mess boy.
(b) He serves the captain.
(c) He works in the engine room.
(d) He is a cook.
5. Where do Langston's poems continue to appear?
(a) In The Crisis.
(b) In Fire.
(c) In Columbia University's paper.
(d) In the Black Renaissance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Langston do on the train ride to Mexico?
2. What does Langston's mother want him to do?
3. What does he do during this activity?
4. After another separation with his stepfather, what does Hughes' mother do?
5. Does Langston finish college at Columbia?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)