|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Columbia vs. Harlem.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By whom is Langston greatly influenced?
(a) Mary Hazelnutt.
(b) Sally Pecan.
(c) Carrie Walnutt.
(d) Helen Chestnutt.
2. What does Langston learn at this community center?
(a) Singing and dancing.
(c) Drawing and painting.
(d) Painting and ceramics.
3. High school has readied him for college. Does Langston have a chance of going on with his education?
(a) Little chance.
(b) No chance.
(c) A great chance.
(d) No, because he does not want to go to college.
4. What leads Langston and his father to get into an argument concerning Langston's future?
(a) Langston wants to be a mining engineer.
(b) Langston wants to be a painter.
(c) Langston does not want to go to college.
(d) Langston wants to be a writer.
5. Does Langston have any interest in poetry?
(b) A lot.
(c) Quite a bit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Langston's father approach him one day and say?
2. What does Langston do at this revival?
3. Who is Langston's only friend at Columbia?
4. What does Langston do with the money the hotel pays him?
5. What does his mother do afterward?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)