|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Columbia vs. Harlem.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where will he be joining these people?
(a) In Washington, DC.
(b) In Cleveland, Ohio.
(c) In Lincoln, Illinois.
(d) In Chicago, Illinois.
2. What happens during a revival?
(a) Langston finally attends church with the Reeds.
(b) Langston accepts Jesus as his savior.
(c) The children of the congregation are baptized.
(d) The entire congregaton prays for the souls of the children.
3. Who does Langston take with him when he meets the editors of The Crisis?
(a) His father.
(b) His stepfather.
(c) His stepbrother.
(d) His mother.
4. What does Langston's mother write?
(a) Sermons for church.
(c) Verse for church programs.
5. When does Langston's mother send for him?
(a) When he is ten.
(b) When he is fourteen.
(c) When he is twelve.
(d) When he is eight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Langston do at this revival?
2. Where do Langston's poems continue to appear?
3. After a while, when Langston stops going to classes, in what does he become more interested?
4. After another separation with his stepfather, what does Hughes' mother do?
5. Why is this summer called the 'Red Summer?'
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)