|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Columbia vs. Harlem.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What leads Langston and his father to get into an argument concerning Langston's future?
(a) Langston wants to be a painter.
(b) Langston wants to be a mining engineer.
(c) Langston does not want to go to college.
(d) Langston wants to be a writer.
2. What does Langston's mother want him to do?
(a) Stay with her in Chicago.
(b) Get a job in Cleveland.
(c) Go to Mexico.
(d) Move to New York.
3. During his senior year of high school, what happens to Langston?
(a) He is elected editor of the yearbook and class poet.
(b) He is prom king.
(c) He becomes class president.
(d) He joins the track team.
4. Why do the children do this?
(a) Their families bring them to church every Sunday.
(b) They claim to be saved.
(c) They want to be professional singers.
(d) They want to assist with the service.
5. When does Langston's mother send for him?
(a) When he is fourteen.
(b) When he is eight.
(c) When he is twelve.
(d) When he is ten.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Langston do on the train ride to Mexico?
2. How does Langston know this influential woman?
3. What does Langston do with the money the hotel pays him?
4. After a while, when Langston stops going to classes, in what does he become more interested?
5. Why does Langston sneak into the medical school building?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)