|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Columbia vs. Harlem.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who will Langston be joining?
(a) His mother, stepfather, and half-brother.
(b) His mother, stepfather, and stepbrother.
(c) His mother and aunt.
(d) His mother.
2. By whom is Langston greatly influenced?
(a) Sally Pecan.
(b) Mary Hazelnutt.
(c) Helen Chestnutt.
(d) Carrie Walnutt.
3. Who introduces Langston to the poetry of Carl Sandburg?
(a) Miss Emilia Hartkopf.
(b) Miss Emily Mills.
(c) Miss Ellen Conn.
(d) Miss Ethel Weimer.
4. Who is Langston's only friend at Columbia?
5. After a while, when Langston stops going to classes, in what does he become more interested?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Langston know this influential woman?
2. Who takes Langston in?
3. When does Langston's mother send for him?
4. What does Hughes do with the books?
5. How does Langston help this family?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)