|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Columbia vs. Harlem.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. High school has readied him for college. Does Langston have a chance of going on with his education?
(a) A great chance.
(b) Little chance.
(c) No chance.
(d) No, because he does not want to go to college.
2. Where does Langston attend high school?
(a) Lawrence Central High School
(b) Central High School.
(c) Central Catholic High School.
(d) North Central High School.
3. Why does Langston move to Cleveland?
(a) Langston's mother has found work as a maid.
(b) Langston's father finds work at a steel mill.
(c) Langston wants to attend Central High School.
(d) Langston's stepfather finds work at a steel mill.
4. What does Langston's mother want him to do?
(a) Get a job in Cleveland.
(b) Go to Mexico.
(c) Stay with her in Chicago.
(d) Move to New York.
5. As what is Langston's mother employed?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A cook.
(c) A nanny.
(d) A maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Langston do at this revival?
2. How does Langston pass the time in Mexico?
3. What does Langston think about the box of books he has brought for this journey?
4. What happens during a revival?
5. Why is this summer called the 'Red Summer?'
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)