|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Columbia vs. Harlem.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Langston's mother want him to do?
(a) Stay with her in Chicago.
(b) Move to New York.
(c) Go to Mexico.
(d) Get a job in Cleveland.
2. What does Hughes do with the books?
(a) He rereads them.
(b) He gives them away.
(c) He throws them into the sea.
(d) He puts them in a crate.
3. After a while, when Langston stops going to classes, in what does he become more interested?
4. What does Langston do that evening?
(a) He calls his mother.
(b) He writes a letter to his mother.
(c) He prays.
(d) He cries himself to sleep.
5. Where will he be joining these people?
(a) In Lincoln, Illinois.
(b) In Cleveland, Ohio.
(c) In Washington, DC.
(d) In Chicago, Illinois.
Short Answer Questions
1. High school has readied him for college. Does Langston have a chance of going on with his education?
2. Does Langston finish college at Columbia?
3. Why is this summer called the 'Red Summer?'
4. What does Langston do when he is denied admittance because of his color?
5. Who introduces Langston to the poetry of Carl Sandburg?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)