|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Columbia vs. Harlem.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Langston finish college at Columbia?
(b) No, but he attends graduate school there.
(d) No, because he transfers to NYU.
2. How does Langston help this family?
(a) By tutoring their children.
(b) With the housework, which included setting hens and driving cows to pasture.
(c) By branding the cattle.
(d) By cooking and cleaning.
3. How does Langston pass the time in Mexico?
(a) By working on his autobiography.
(b) By playing soccer with other boys in town.
(c) By reading and writing.
(d) By reading, improving his Spanish, and riding horses.
4. How does Langston's father try to convince Langston to come to Mexico for the summer?
(a) He hints at getting full custody.
(b) He will buy him a new car.
(c) He hints at an opportunity to pursue a college education.
(d) He offers to pay his way.
5. Why does Langston move to Cleveland?
(a) Langston's mother has found work as a maid.
(b) Langston's father finds work at a steel mill.
(c) Langston's stepfather finds work at a steel mill.
(d) Langston wants to attend Central High School.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does his mother do afterward?
2. What does Hughes do with the books?
3. By whom is Langston greatly influenced?
4. Where does Langston attend high school?
5. What happens during a revival?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)