|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Columbia vs. Harlem.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Langston sneak into the medical school building?
(a) He wants to steal medical supplies.
(b) He needs a doctor.
(c) He wants to be a doctor.
(d) To watch students dissect cadavers.
2. Where will he be joining these people?
(a) In Cleveland, Ohio.
(b) In Lincoln, Illinois.
(c) In Chicago, Illinois.
(d) In Washington, DC.
3. What has Langston's mother just done?
(a) Had another child.
(b) Divorced his father.
(d) Moved in with her sister.
4. What happens during a revival?
(a) The entire congregaton prays for the souls of the children.
(b) The children of the congregation are baptized.
(c) Langston accepts Jesus as his savior.
(d) Langston finally attends church with the Reeds.
5. What does his mother do afterward?
(a) She whips him and teaches him a lesson about respecting other people's art.
(b) She sends him to live with his father.
(c) She has him meet with the pastor.
(d) She begins to cry hysterically.
Short Answer Questions
1. After another separation with his stepfather, what does Hughes' mother do?
2. What does Langston do on the train ride to Mexico?
3. Of what is Langston an active member?
4. What does Langston do when he is denied admittance because of his color?
5. In what community center does Langston become involved?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)