|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Columbia vs. Harlem.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose poems does Langston like?
(a) Only George Barker and Thomas Campbell.
(b) Only Alan Davies and Ralph Waldo Emerson.
(c) Only Richard Aldington and James Alexander Allan.
(d) Only Longellow and Paul Laurence Dunbar.
2. Does Langston have any interest in poetry?
(a) A lot.
(b) Quite a bit.
3. What would Langston rather read?
(a) Historical fiction.
(b) Science fiction.
4. What does Langston observe while working at a soda fountain?
(a) Many different views on the war.
(b) Social interaction.
(c) Many different views on racial issues.
(d) The many people who support the war.
5. What does Langston do with the money the hotel pays him?
(a) He gives it to the Reed family.
(b) He saves it.
(c) He uses it to buy candy.
(d) He spends it at the theater.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what does Hughes become interested?
2. What does Langston's mother want him to do?
3. What does Hughes do with the books?
4. Why does Langston move to Cleveland?
5. By whom is Langston greatly influenced?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)