|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Columbia vs. Harlem.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Langston's summer in Toluca not a bad one?
(a) His father is rarely around.
(b) He makes many friends.
(c) His father encourages him to write.
(d) His father is around most of the time.
2. When does Langston's mother send for him?
(a) When he is ten.
(b) When he is eight.
(c) When he is fourteen.
(d) When he is twelve.
3. What has Langston's mother just done?
(a) Moved in with her sister.
(b) Had another child.
(d) Divorced his father.
4. What does Langston do that evening?
(a) He writes a letter to his mother.
(b) He calls his mother.
(c) He cries himself to sleep.
(d) He prays.
5. After another separation with his stepfather, what does Hughes' mother do?
(a) She moves to Alabama.
(b) She moves to New York.
(c) She moves to Chicago.
(d) She moves to Washington.
Short Answer Questions
1. By whom is Langston greatly influenced?
2. As what is Langston's mother employed?
3. What happens during a revival?
4. Where is "The Weary Blues" published?
5. What does Langston do at this revival?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)