|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Columbia vs. Harlem.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Langston learn at this community center?
(a) Singing and dancing.
(c) Drawing and painting.
(d) Painting and ceramics.
2. Who is Langston's only friend at Columbia?
3. What is the S.S. West Hesseltine?
(a) A private yacht headed to Africa.
(b) A sailboat headed to Africa.
(c) A cruise ship headed to Africa.
(d) A freighter headed to Africa.
4. What does he do during this activity?
(a) He laughs and makes fun of the reading.
(b) He refuses to sing.
(c) He trips and drops the candle.
(d) He becomes bored and starts rolling his eyes and giggling.
5. What happens during a revival?
(a) The entire congregaton prays for the souls of the children.
(b) Langston accepts Jesus as his savior.
(c) The children of the congregation are baptized.
(d) Langston finally attends church with the Reeds.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Langston know this influential woman?
2. High school has readied him for college. Does Langston have a chance of going on with his education?
3. What does Langston's mother want him to do?
4. What do the children do one by one?
5. What does Hughes do with the books?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)