|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, Theater in a Suitcase.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Langston's plays become more socially relevant?
(a) As he begins to write historical pieces.
(b) As he begins to protest the war.
(c) As he begins to write about current events.
(d) As he begins to write about the African American situation.
2. Where does Langston tour for the entirety of the summer?
(a) The American Southwest.
(c) The American West.
(d) The American South.
3. How does Langston help this family?
(a) By tutoring their children.
(b) With the housework, which included setting hens and driving cows to pasture.
(c) By cooking and cleaning.
(d) By branding the cattle.
4. What does Langston do at this revival?
(a) He is saved.
(b) He hides in a back pew.
(c) He refuses to join the children by the altar.
(d) He pretends to be saved.
5. What does Langston do on the train ride to Mexico?
(a) He writes a letter to his mother.
(b) He begins his autobiography.
(c) He thinks about his life.
(d) He writes one of his better-known poems, "The Negro Speaks of Rivers."
Short Answer Questions
1. After a while, when Langston stops going to classes, in what does he become more interested?
2. What job does Langston have on his first ship?
3. Why does Langston sneak into the medical school building?
4. In Africa, how is Hughes considered?
5. During this time he meets with many important literary figures of what movement?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)