|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Columbia vs. Harlem.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the S.S. West Hesseltine?
(a) A sailboat headed to Africa.
(b) A cruise ship headed to Africa.
(c) A freighter headed to Africa.
(d) A private yacht headed to Africa.
2. What does Langston do on the train ride to Mexico?
(a) He thinks about his life.
(b) He begins his autobiography.
(c) He writes one of his better-known poems, "The Negro Speaks of Rivers."
(d) He writes a letter to his mother.
3. Who takes Langston in?
(a) The DeVanes.
(b) The Smiths.
(c) The Reeds.
(d) The Campbells.
4. Why does Langston sneak into the medical school building?
(a) He needs a doctor.
(b) He wants to steal medical supplies.
(c) To watch students dissect cadavers.
(d) He wants to be a doctor.
5. What would Langston rather read?
(b) Science fiction.
(c) Historical fiction.
Short Answer Questions
1. As what is Langston's mother employed?
2. Of what is Langston an active member?
3. What does Langston do with the money the hotel pays him?
4. What does Langston learn at this community center?
5. Why is this summer called the 'Red Summer?'
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)