|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Not Without Laughter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Langston's summer in Toluca not a bad one?
(a) He makes many friends.
(b) His father is rarely around.
(c) His father is around most of the time.
(d) His father encourages him to write.
2. What does his mother do afterward?
(a) She sends him to live with his father.
(b) She has him meet with the pastor.
(c) She begins to cry hysterically.
(d) She whips him and teaches him a lesson about respecting other people's art.
3. What has Langston's mother just done?
(b) Moved in with her sister.
(c) Divorced his father.
(d) Had another child.
4. Why does Langston become depressed?
(a) He is still treated unequally.
(b) Racism is stronger now than a few years ago.
(c) He is treated worse in the south than in the north.
(d) Racism he witnesses even in the midst of disaster.
5. Where does Langston tour for the entirety of the summer?
(a) The American West.
(c) The American Southwest.
(d) The American South.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Hughes' only friend in Africa?
2. What does Langston's mother want him to do?
3. What is Hughes pleased to find about Africa?
4. How many parts of the African coast does Hughes see?
5. How does Langston pass the time in Mexico?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)