|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Not Without Laughter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Hughes' only friend in Africa?
(a) A twenty-year-old sailor.
(b) An old African man.
(c) A sixteen-year-old mulatto boy.
(d) An eighteen-year-old white woman.
2. What is Lincoln?
(a) A public university for black students.
(b) A prestigious school for blacks.
(c) A college that accepts many black students.
(d) A liberal arts college.
3. Who are among Langston's classmates?
(a) Etheridge Knight and Cab Calloway.
(b) Alice Walker and Etheridge Knight.
(c) Thurgood Marshall and Alice Walker.
(d) Cab Calloway and Thurgood Marshall.
4. Where will he be joining these people?
(a) In Lincoln, Illinois.
(b) In Chicago, Illinois.
(c) In Washington, DC.
(d) In Cleveland, Ohio.
5. What does he do during this activity?
(a) He becomes bored and starts rolling his eyes and giggling.
(b) He laughs and makes fun of the reading.
(c) He refuses to sing.
(d) He trips and drops the candle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many parts of the African coast does Hughes see?
2. In New Orleans, what job does Hughes take?
3. Why does Langston become depressed?
4. Where does Langston accept a job teaching English?
5. What does Langston's mother want him to do?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)