|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Not Without Laughter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Africa, how is Hughes considered?
2. Where does Langston tour for the entirety of the summer?
(a) The American Southwest.
(b) The American South.
(d) The American West.
3. What does Langston's father approach him one day and say?
(a) He wants him to go to college and become a mining engineer.
(b) He wants him to go to college and become a doctor.
(c) He wants him to go to college and become a painter.
(d) He wants him to go to college and become a writer.
4. What does Langston do on the train ride to Mexico?
(a) He writes a letter to his mother.
(b) He begins his autobiography.
(c) He writes one of his better-known poems, "The Negro Speaks of Rivers."
(d) He thinks about his life.
5. In New Orleans, what job does Hughes take?
(a) A job as a petty officer on a freighter traveling to Cuba.
(b) As a petty officer on a freighter to Havana.
(c) A job as a mess boy on a freighter traveling to Havana.
(d) As a mess boy on a freighter traveling to Cuba.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will he be joining these people?
2. In what activity is Hughes involved?
3. What happens when, in January, 1921, "A Negro Speaks of Rivers" is published in The Crisis?
4. During his senior year of high school, what happens to Langston?
5. High school has readied him for college. Does Langston have a chance of going on with his education?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)