|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Not Without Laughter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what activity is Hughes involved?
(a) The school paper.
(b) The school basketball team.
(c) The school Communist organization.
(d) The school band.
2. What does Langston's mother write?
(a) Verse for church programs.
(c) Sermons for church.
3. What is Hughes' job aboard the S.S. West Hesseltine?
(a) To swab the deck.
(b) To watch over the petty officers' mess and make up their staterooms.
(c) To steer the ship.
(d) To cook for the officers.
4. Who will Langston be joining?
(a) His mother and aunt.
(b) His mother.
(c) His mother, stepfather, and half-brother.
(d) His mother, stepfather, and stepbrother.
5. Has Langston become interested in writing?
(a) Yes, just recently.
(d) Not yet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Hughes' only friend in Africa?
2. What does Langston's father approach him one day and say?
3. Why is Lincoln known as the "black Princeton?"
4. When does Langston's mother send for him?
5. What would Langston rather read?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)