|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Not Without Laughter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Langston's mother want him to do?
(a) Go to Mexico.
(b) Get a job in Cleveland.
(c) Stay with her in Chicago.
(d) Move to New York.
2. What is Lincoln?
(a) A prestigious school for blacks.
(b) A liberal arts college.
(c) A public university for black students.
(d) A college that accepts many black students.
3. Who is Hughes' only friend in Africa?
(a) An eighteen-year-old white woman.
(b) A twenty-year-old sailor.
(c) An old African man.
(d) A sixteen-year-old mulatto boy.
4. Why does Langston become depressed?
(a) He is treated worse in the south than in the north.
(b) He is still treated unequally.
(c) Racism is stronger now than a few years ago.
(d) Racism he witnesses even in the midst of disaster.
5. Why is Lincoln known as the "black Princeton?"
(a) Many of the black students would later attend graduate school at Princeton.
(b) Many of the black faculty had gone to Princeton.
(c) The courses are similar to those at Princeton.
(d) Many of the white faculty had gone to Princeton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does he do during this activity?
2. Whose poems does Langston like?
3. How does Langston pass the time in Mexico?
4. High school has readied him for college. Does Langston have a chance of going on with his education?
5. During his senior year of high school, what happens to Langston?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)