|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Not Without Laughter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Hughes' only friend in Africa?
(a) A sixteen-year-old mulatto boy.
(b) An eighteen-year-old white woman.
(c) A twenty-year-old sailor.
(d) An old African man.
2. Whose poems does Langston like?
(a) Only Richard Aldington and James Alexander Allan.
(b) Only Longellow and Paul Laurence Dunbar.
(c) Only George Barker and Thomas Campbell.
(d) Only Alan Davies and Ralph Waldo Emerson.
3. How does Langston pass the time in Mexico?
(a) By playing soccer with other boys in town.
(b) By working on his autobiography.
(c) By reading and writing.
(d) By reading, improving his Spanish, and riding horses.
4. What has Langston's mother just done?
(b) Divorced his father.
(c) Had another child.
(d) Moved in with her sister.
5. In what activity is Hughes involved?
(a) The school basketball team.
(b) The school Communist organization.
(c) The school band.
(d) The school paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Has Langston become interested in writing?
2. While in Baton Rouge, what does Langston visit?
3. Why is this summer called the 'Red Summer?'
4. Why does Langston become depressed?
5. Does Langston have any interest in poetry?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)