|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Not Without Laughter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In New Orleans, what job does Hughes take?
(a) As a petty officer on a freighter to Havana.
(b) A job as a mess boy on a freighter traveling to Havana.
(c) As a mess boy on a freighter traveling to Cuba.
(d) A job as a petty officer on a freighter traveling to Cuba.
2. What courses does Hughes take?
(a) Education and literature.
(b) Theater and music.
(c) Music and literature.
(d) Literature and theater.
3. How does Langston pass the time in Mexico?
(a) By working on his autobiography.
(b) By reading and writing.
(c) By reading, improving his Spanish, and riding horses.
(d) By playing soccer with other boys in town.
4. What would Langston rather read?
(a) Science fiction.
(d) Historical fiction.
5. What does he do during this activity?
(a) He laughs and makes fun of the reading.
(b) He refuses to sing.
(c) He becomes bored and starts rolling his eyes and giggling.
(d) He trips and drops the candle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Langston's summer in Toluca not a bad one?
2. How many parts of the African coast does Hughes see?
3. Why does Langston become depressed?
4. In Africa, how is Hughes considered?
5. In what activity is Hughes involved?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)