|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Not Without Laughter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where will he be joining these people?
(a) In Chicago, Illinois.
(b) In Cleveland, Ohio.
(c) In Washington, DC.
(d) In Lincoln, Illinois.
2. What does Langston's mother write?
(a) Sermons for church.
(c) Verse for church programs.
3. How does Langston's father try to convince Langston to come to Mexico for the summer?
(a) He hints at an opportunity to pursue a college education.
(b) He offers to pay his way.
(c) He will buy him a new car.
(d) He hints at getting full custody.
4. What does he do during this activity?
(a) He becomes bored and starts rolling his eyes and giggling.
(b) He refuses to sing.
(c) He laughs and makes fun of the reading.
(d) He trips and drops the candle.
5. What does Langston's father approach him one day and say?
(a) He wants him to go to college and become a mining engineer.
(b) He wants him to go to college and become a doctor.
(c) He wants him to go to college and become a painter.
(d) He wants him to go to college and become a writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Langston have any interest in poetry?
2. While in Baton Rouge, what does Langston visit?
3. Who will Langston be joining?
4. In New Orleans, what job does Hughes take?
5. What is Hughes' job aboard the S.S. West Hesseltine?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)