|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Not Without Laughter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What leads Langston and his father to get into an argument concerning Langston's future?
(a) Langston wants to be a writer.
(b) Langston does not want to go to college.
(c) Langston wants to be a mining engineer.
(d) Langston wants to be a painter.
2. Where does Langston stay the following summer in order to complete his first novel?
(a) Carmel, California.
(b) New York City.
(c) On Lincoln's campus.
3. What does Langston's mother write?
(a) Verse for church programs.
(b) Sermons for church.
4. How does Langston pass the time in Mexico?
(a) By working on his autobiography.
(b) By playing soccer with other boys in town.
(c) By reading, improving his Spanish, and riding horses.
(d) By reading and writing.
5. What does Langston's mother make him do at church?
(a) Be in the choir.
(b) Be an acolyte.
(c) Read the Gospel.
(d) Act out a role.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Langston do on the train ride to Mexico?
2. In what activity is Hughes involved?
3. Does Langston have any interest in poetry?
4. During his senior year of high school, what happens to Langston?
5. Whose poems does Langston like?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)