|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Not Without Laughter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What leads Langston and his father to get into an argument concerning Langston's future?
(a) Langston does not want to go to college.
(b) Langston wants to be a writer.
(c) Langston wants to be a mining engineer.
(d) Langston wants to be a painter.
2. What courses does Hughes take?
(a) Literature and theater.
(b) Education and literature.
(c) Theater and music.
(d) Music and literature.
3. What does Langston's mother write?
(a) Verse for church programs.
(d) Sermons for church.
4. What does Langston's mother make him do at church?
(a) Be an acolyte.
(b) Be in the choir.
(c) Act out a role.
(d) Read the Gospel.
5. Where does Langston tour for the entirety of the summer?
(a) The American West.
(b) The American Southwest.
(c) The American South.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Langston's father approach him one day and say?
2. What does Langston do on the train ride to Mexico?
3. During his senior year of high school, what happens to Langston?
4. While in Baton Rouge, what does Langston visit?
5. How many parts of the African coast does Hughes see?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)