|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Not Without Laughter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Langston's father try to convince Langston to come to Mexico for the summer?
(a) He will buy him a new car.
(b) He offers to pay his way.
(c) He hints at an opportunity to pursue a college education.
(d) He hints at getting full custody.
2. In Africa, how is Hughes considered?
3. Why is Hughes severely hazed when he first attends Lincoln?
(a) He does not appear as "black" as other students.
(b) He is one of the few black students.
(c) Because of his mild celebrity attributed to "The Weary Blues."
(d) He is very intelligent.
4. How many parts of the African coast does Hughes see?
(d) Only a few.
5. Who will Langston be joining?
(a) His mother.
(b) His mother, stepfather, and stepbrother.
(c) His mother and aunt.
(d) His mother, stepfather, and half-brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hughes pleased to find about Africa?
2. Does Langston have any interest in poetry?
3. High school has readied him for college. Does Langston have a chance of going on with his education?
4. While in Baton Rouge, what does Langston visit?
5. What does Langston's mother want him to do?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)