|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, Rehearsal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Langston pass the time in Mexico?
(a) By reading, improving his Spanish, and riding horses.
(b) By reading and writing.
(c) By playing soccer with other boys in town.
(d) By working on his autobiography.
2. What does this group of individuals decide to create?
(a) A black university called New Negro College.
(b) A black magazine of the arts called Fire.
(c) A black theater called the Apollo Theatre.
(d) A black academy called the Renaissance Academy.
3. Where does Langston continue to submit plays?
(b) The Karamu.
4. How much success does Langston have with these submissions?
5. How does Langston's father try to convince Langston to come to Mexico for the summer?
(a) He hints at an opportunity to pursue a college education.
(b) He offers to pay his way.
(c) He will buy him a new car.
(d) He hints at getting full custody.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Hughes' plays performed?
2. What leads Langston and his father to get into an argument concerning Langston's future?
3. Why is this summer called the 'Red Summer?'
4. High school has readied him for college. Does Langston have a chance of going on with his education?
5. What does Langston's father approach him one day and say?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)