|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, Rehearsal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Langston pass the time in Mexico?
(a) By reading and writing.
(b) By reading, improving his Spanish, and riding horses.
(c) By working on his autobiography.
(d) By playing soccer with other boys in town.
2. What happens to the musical revue for which Langston works as a song lyricist?
(a) It closes after only one performance.
(b) It is never seen.
(c) It is very successful.
(d) It has a small amount of success.
3. During his senior year of high school, what happens to Langston?
(a) He becomes class president.
(b) He is elected editor of the yearbook and class poet.
(c) He joins the track team.
(d) He is prom king.
4. Why is this summer called the 'Red Summer?'
(a) Because the fear of Communism has spread like wildfire.
(b) Because the summer has record high temperatures.
(c) Because many Chinese are moving to the country.
(d) Because of the violence against blacks that ensues in the post war environment.
5. What does Langston do on the train ride to Mexico?
(a) He writes one of his better-known poems, "The Negro Speaks of Rivers."
(b) He begins his autobiography.
(c) He thinks about his life.
(d) He writes a letter to his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much success does Langston have with these submissions?
2. Where does Langston accept a job teaching English?
3. What leads Langston and his father to get into an argument concerning Langston's future?
4. How does Langston's father try to convince Langston to come to Mexico for the summer?
5. What does Langston's mother want him to do?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)