|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, Rehearsal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Fire is finally published at the end of the summer, how is it received?
(a) With positive reviews.
(b) With negative reviews.
(c) With mixed reviews.
(d) With hostile reviews.
2. After his first year at Lincoln, where does Hughes rent a room for the summer?
(b) The Bronx.
3. During his senior year of high school, what happens to Langston?
(a) He joins the track team.
(b) He is elected editor of the yearbook and class poet.
(c) He becomes class president.
(d) He is prom king.
4. What leads Langston and his father to get into an argument concerning Langston's future?
(a) Langston wants to be a mining engineer.
(b) Langston wants to be a writer.
(c) Langston wants to be a painter.
(d) Langston does not want to go to college.
5. What does his mother receive while they are there?
(a) News about her sister.
(b) Good care at a reasonable price from a black physician.
(c) A letter from his stepfather.
(d) Cancer treatments.
Short Answer Questions
1. During this time he meets with many important literary figures of what movement?
2. How does Langston pass the time in Mexico?
3. Where does Langston accept a job teaching English?
4. To where do Langston and his mother move back?
5. What does Langston's mother want him to do?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)