|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, Rehearsal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During his senior year of high school, what happens to Langston?
(a) He becomes class president.
(b) He joins the track team.
(c) He is elected editor of the yearbook and class poet.
(d) He is prom king.
2. What happens to the musical revue for which Langston works as a song lyricist?
(a) It has a small amount of success.
(b) It is never seen.
(c) It is very successful.
(d) It closes after only one performance.
3. To where do Langston and his mother move back?
(c) New York.
4. What does Langston do on the train ride to Mexico?
(a) He writes one of his better-known poems, "The Negro Speaks of Rivers."
(b) He thinks about his life.
(c) He begins his autobiography.
(d) He writes a letter to his mother.
5. Where are Hughes' plays performed?
(a) At the Croswell.
(b) At Footlite.
(c) At Karamu.
(d) At the Wintergarden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Langston continue to submit plays?
2. How much success does Langston have with these submissions?
3. What has this place become?
4. After his first year at Lincoln, where does Hughes rent a room for the summer?
5. What leads Langston and his father to get into an argument concerning Langston's future?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)