|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, Rehearsal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During his senior year of high school, what happens to Langston?
(a) He is prom king.
(b) He joins the track team.
(c) He is elected editor of the yearbook and class poet.
(d) He becomes class president.
2. When Fire is finally published at the end of the summer, how is it received?
(a) With mixed reviews.
(b) With positive reviews.
(c) With hostile reviews.
(d) With negative reviews.
3. After his first year at Lincoln, where does Hughes rent a room for the summer?
(a) The Bronx.
4. What happens to the musical revue for which Langston works as a song lyricist?
(a) It is never seen.
(b) It closes after only one performance.
(c) It has a small amount of success.
(d) It is very successful.
5. What leads Langston and his father to get into an argument concerning Langston's future?
(a) Langston does not want to go to college.
(b) Langston wants to be a painter.
(c) Langston wants to be a mining engineer.
(d) Langston wants to be a writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Hughes' works is published during this summer?
2. How much success does Langston have with these submissions?
3. Where are Hughes' plays performed?
4. What does Langston's mother want him to do?
5. What does his mother receive while they are there?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)