|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, Rehearsal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Langston continue to submit plays?
(b) The Karamu.
2. How does Langston's father try to convince Langston to come to Mexico for the summer?
(a) He will buy him a new car.
(b) He offers to pay his way.
(c) He hints at getting full custody.
(d) He hints at an opportunity to pursue a college education.
3. How does Langston pass the time in Mexico?
(a) By reading, improving his Spanish, and riding horses.
(b) By reading and writing.
(c) By working on his autobiography.
(d) By playing soccer with other boys in town.
4. Why is this summer called the 'Red Summer?'
(a) Because the summer has record high temperatures.
(b) Because of the violence against blacks that ensues in the post war environment.
(c) Because many Chinese are moving to the country.
(d) Because the fear of Communism has spread like wildfire.
5. What does his mother receive while they are there?
(a) News about her sister.
(b) A letter from his stepfather.
(c) Cancer treatments.
(d) Good care at a reasonable price from a black physician.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has this place become?
2. To where do Langston and his mother move back?
3. When Fire is finally published at the end of the summer, how is it received?
4. Where are Hughes' plays performed?
5. During his senior year of high school, what happens to Langston?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)