|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, Rehearsal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Hughes' works is published during this summer?
(a) Prodigal Son and Not Without Laughter.
(b) A House in Taos and Not Without Laughter.
(c) Prodigal Son and Mulatto.
(d) Mulatto and A House in Taos.
2. What leads Langston and his father to get into an argument concerning Langston's future?
(a) Langston wants to be a mining engineer.
(b) Langston wants to be a painter.
(c) Langston does not want to go to college.
(d) Langston wants to be a writer.
3. To where do Langston and his mother move back?
(d) New York.
4. What has this place become?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A theater company.
(c) A club.
(d) A church.
5. Where are Hughes' plays performed?
(a) At the Croswell.
(b) At the Wintergarden.
(c) At Footlite.
(d) At Karamu.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much success does Langston have with these submissions?
2. High school has readied him for college. Does Langston have a chance of going on with his education?
3. What does Langston do on the train ride to Mexico?
4. What happens to the musical revue for which Langston works as a song lyricist?
5. During his senior year of high school, what happens to Langston?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)