|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, Rehearsal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What leads Langston and his father to get into an argument concerning Langston's future?
(a) Langston wants to be a mining engineer.
(b) Langston wants to be a writer.
(c) Langston wants to be a painter.
(d) Langston does not want to go to college.
2. Where does Langston continue to submit plays?
(b) The Karamu.
3. How does Langston pass the time in Mexico?
(a) By reading and writing.
(b) By reading, improving his Spanish, and riding horses.
(c) By working on his autobiography.
(d) By playing soccer with other boys in town.
4. Where does Langston accept a job teaching English?
(a) In a public university.
(b) In a private all boys' technical college.
(c) In a public school in Mexico City.
(d) In a private business school and in a girls' finishing school.
5. After his first year at Lincoln, where does Hughes rent a room for the summer?
(d) The Bronx.
Short Answer Questions
1. High school has readied him for college. Does Langston have a chance of going on with his education?
2. Where are Hughes' plays performed?
3. What does Langston's father approach him one day and say?
4. To where do Langston and his mother move back?
5. How does Langston's father try to convince Langston to come to Mexico for the summer?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)