|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, Rehearsal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Langston continue to submit plays?
(a) The Karamu.
2. When Fire is finally published at the end of the summer, how is it received?
(a) With negative reviews.
(b) With hostile reviews.
(c) With mixed reviews.
(d) With positive reviews.
3. What has this place become?
(a) A club.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A church.
(d) A theater company.
4. What happens when, in January, 1921, "A Negro Speaks of Rivers" is published in The Crisis?
(a) After seeing her son's publishing success, Langston's mother sends him to Lincoln for college.
(b) After seeing his son's publishing success, Mr. Hughes agreed to send his son to Columbia University in New York.
(c) He is accepted into Columbia University with a full-ride.
(d) He is asked to come to Lincoln on a partial scholarship.
5. How does Langston's father try to convince Langston to come to Mexico for the summer?
(a) He hints at an opportunity to pursue a college education.
(b) He hints at getting full custody.
(c) He offers to pay his way.
(d) He will buy him a new car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Langston accept a job teaching English?
2. High school has readied him for college. Does Langston have a chance of going on with his education?
3. What does his mother receive while they are there?
4. Why is this summer called the 'Red Summer?'
5. Where are Hughes' plays performed?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)