|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, Rehearsal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Langston accept a job teaching English?
(a) In a public school in Mexico City.
(b) In a private business school and in a girls' finishing school.
(c) In a private all boys' technical college.
(d) In a public university.
2. What does Langston do on the train ride to Mexico?
(a) He begins his autobiography.
(b) He writes a letter to his mother.
(c) He writes one of his better-known poems, "The Negro Speaks of Rivers."
(d) He thinks about his life.
3. What happens to the musical revue for which Langston works as a song lyricist?
(a) It is never seen.
(b) It closes after only one performance.
(c) It is very successful.
(d) It has a small amount of success.
4. Where does Langston continue to submit plays?
(d) The Karamu.
5. What leads Langston and his father to get into an argument concerning Langston's future?
(a) Langston wants to be a mining engineer.
(b) Langston does not want to go to college.
(c) Langston wants to be a writer.
(d) Langston wants to be a painter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does this group of individuals decide to create?
2. What does Langston's mother want him to do?
3. Why is Langston's summer in Toluca not a bad one?
4. During his senior year of high school, what happens to Langston?
5. How much success does Langston have with these submissions?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)