|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, Rehearsal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Langston's father try to convince Langston to come to Mexico for the summer?
(a) He hints at an opportunity to pursue a college education.
(b) He offers to pay his way.
(c) He will buy him a new car.
(d) He hints at getting full custody.
2. Where does Langston accept a job teaching English?
(a) In a private all boys' technical college.
(b) In a private business school and in a girls' finishing school.
(c) In a public university.
(d) In a public school in Mexico City.
3. How does Langston pass the time in Mexico?
(a) By working on his autobiography.
(b) By reading and writing.
(c) By playing soccer with other boys in town.
(d) By reading, improving his Spanish, and riding horses.
4. Why is this summer called the 'Red Summer?'
(a) Because of the violence against blacks that ensues in the post war environment.
(b) Because the summer has record high temperatures.
(c) Because the fear of Communism has spread like wildfire.
(d) Because many Chinese are moving to the country.
5. What does Langston's father approach him one day and say?
(a) He wants him to go to college and become a mining engineer.
(b) He wants him to go to college and become a painter.
(c) He wants him to go to college and become a doctor.
(d) He wants him to go to college and become a writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the musical revue for which Langston works as a song lyricist?
2. During his senior year of high school, what happens to Langston?
3. What has this place become?
4. During this time he meets with many important literary figures of what movement?
5. What does Langston do on the train ride to Mexico?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)