|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, Rehearsal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Langston's mother want him to do?
(a) Get a job in Cleveland.
(b) Go to Mexico.
(c) Stay with her in Chicago.
(d) Move to New York.
2. High school has readied him for college. Does Langston have a chance of going on with his education?
(a) Little chance.
(b) No chance.
(c) A great chance.
(d) No, because he does not want to go to college.
3. What leads Langston and his father to get into an argument concerning Langston's future?
(a) Langston wants to be a painter.
(b) Langston wants to be a writer.
(c) Langston wants to be a mining engineer.
(d) Langston does not want to go to college.
4. After his first year at Lincoln, where does Hughes rent a room for the summer?
(b) The Bronx.
5. How much success does Langston have with these submissions?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Fire is finally published at the end of the summer, how is it received?
2. How does Langston pass the time in Mexico?
3. Where does Langston continue to submit plays?
4. What does Langston's father approach him one day and say?
5. Which of Hughes' works is published during this summer?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)