|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, Rehearsal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Langston's father try to convince Langston to come to Mexico for the summer?
(a) He hints at getting full custody.
(b) He offers to pay his way.
(c) He hints at an opportunity to pursue a college education.
(d) He will buy him a new car.
2. Which of Hughes' works is published during this summer?
(a) Prodigal Son and Not Without Laughter.
(b) Prodigal Son and Mulatto.
(c) Mulatto and A House in Taos.
(d) A House in Taos and Not Without Laughter.
3. Why is this summer called the 'Red Summer?'
(a) Because many Chinese are moving to the country.
(b) Because of the violence against blacks that ensues in the post war environment.
(c) Because the fear of Communism has spread like wildfire.
(d) Because the summer has record high temperatures.
4. What does Langston's mother want him to do?
(a) Move to New York.
(b) Get a job in Cleveland.
(c) Go to Mexico.
(d) Stay with her in Chicago.
5. To where do Langston and his mother move back?
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Langston do on the train ride to Mexico?
2. What does Langston's father approach him one day and say?
3. Where are Hughes' plays performed?
4. When Fire is finally published at the end of the summer, how is it received?
5. Where does Langston continue to submit plays?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)