|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, Rehearsal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does this group of individuals decide to create?
(a) A black university called New Negro College.
(b) A black academy called the Renaissance Academy.
(c) A black theater called the Apollo Theatre.
(d) A black magazine of the arts called Fire.
2. How does Langston pass the time in Mexico?
(a) By working on his autobiography.
(b) By reading and writing.
(c) By playing soccer with other boys in town.
(d) By reading, improving his Spanish, and riding horses.
3. When Fire is finally published at the end of the summer, how is it received?
(a) With positive reviews.
(b) With mixed reviews.
(c) With negative reviews.
(d) With hostile reviews.
4. Why is Langston's summer in Toluca not a bad one?
(a) His father is rarely around.
(b) He makes many friends.
(c) His father is around most of the time.
(d) His father encourages him to write.
5. To where do Langston and his mother move back?
(a) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What leads Langston and his father to get into an argument concerning Langston's future?
2. How does Langston's father try to convince Langston to come to Mexico for the summer?
3. Where does Langston continue to submit plays?
4. What does his mother receive while they are there?
5. What happens to the musical revue for which Langston works as a song lyricist?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)