|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, Rehearsal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Langston's father approach him one day and say?
(a) He wants him to go to college and become a doctor.
(b) He wants him to go to college and become a writer.
(c) He wants him to go to college and become a painter.
(d) He wants him to go to college and become a mining engineer.
2. How does Langston pass the time in Mexico?
(a) By playing soccer with other boys in town.
(b) By working on his autobiography.
(c) By reading and writing.
(d) By reading, improving his Spanish, and riding horses.
3. During this time he meets with many important literary figures of what movement?
(a) The Harlem Movement.
(b) The Black Renaissance.
(c) The Black Wave.
(d) The African American Movement.
4. Where does Langston accept a job teaching English?
(a) In a private business school and in a girls' finishing school.
(b) In a public university.
(c) In a public school in Mexico City.
(d) In a private all boys' technical college.
5. What does this group of individuals decide to create?
(a) A black academy called the Renaissance Academy.
(b) A black theater called the Apollo Theatre.
(c) A black magazine of the arts called Fire.
(d) A black university called New Negro College.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Langston's mother want him to do?
2. What has this place become?
3. During his senior year of high school, what happens to Langston?
4. What leads Langston and his father to get into an argument concerning Langston's future?
5. Where are Hughes' plays performed?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)