|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, Rehearsal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where do Langston and his mother move back?
(d) New York.
2. Where does Langston accept a job teaching English?
(a) In a private business school and in a girls' finishing school.
(b) In a public school in Mexico City.
(c) In a public university.
(d) In a private all boys' technical college.
3. Why is this summer called the 'Red Summer?'
(a) Because the fear of Communism has spread like wildfire.
(b) Because of the violence against blacks that ensues in the post war environment.
(c) Because the summer has record high temperatures.
(d) Because many Chinese are moving to the country.
4. Where are Hughes' plays performed?
(a) At Karamu.
(b) At the Croswell.
(c) At Footlite.
(d) At the Wintergarden.
5. High school has readied him for college. Does Langston have a chance of going on with his education?
(a) No chance.
(b) A great chance.
(c) No, because he does not want to go to college.
(d) Little chance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Hughes' works is published during this summer?
2. Why is Langston's summer in Toluca not a bad one?
3. What does Langston's father approach him one day and say?
4. What does Langston do on the train ride to Mexico?
5. What leads Langston and his father to get into an argument concerning Langston's future?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)