|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, Rehearsal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where do Langston and his mother move back?
(d) New York.
2. What happens to the musical revue for which Langston works as a song lyricist?
(a) It is never seen.
(b) It closes after only one performance.
(c) It has a small amount of success.
(d) It is very successful.
3. What does Langston's father approach him one day and say?
(a) He wants him to go to college and become a mining engineer.
(b) He wants him to go to college and become a writer.
(c) He wants him to go to college and become a doctor.
(d) He wants him to go to college and become a painter.
4. Why is this summer called the 'Red Summer?'
(a) Because of the violence against blacks that ensues in the post war environment.
(b) Because the summer has record high temperatures.
(c) Because the fear of Communism has spread like wildfire.
(d) Because many Chinese are moving to the country.
5. How does Langston's father try to convince Langston to come to Mexico for the summer?
(a) He offers to pay his way.
(b) He will buy him a new car.
(c) He hints at getting full custody.
(d) He hints at an opportunity to pursue a college education.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does his mother receive while they are there?
2. During his senior year of high school, what happens to Langston?
3. Where does Langston accept a job teaching English?
4. What has this place become?
5. Why is Langston's summer in Toluca not a bad one?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)