|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, Rehearsal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Hughes' works is published during this summer?
(a) Prodigal Son and Mulatto.
(b) Mulatto and A House in Taos.
(c) Prodigal Son and Not Without Laughter.
(d) A House in Taos and Not Without Laughter.
2. How does Langston pass the time in Mexico?
(a) By playing soccer with other boys in town.
(b) By reading, improving his Spanish, and riding horses.
(c) By working on his autobiography.
(d) By reading and writing.
3. How does Langston's father try to convince Langston to come to Mexico for the summer?
(a) He hints at getting full custody.
(b) He will buy him a new car.
(c) He hints at an opportunity to pursue a college education.
(d) He offers to pay his way.
4. After his first year at Lincoln, where does Hughes rent a room for the summer?
(b) The Bronx.
5. What does Langston do on the train ride to Mexico?
(a) He thinks about his life.
(b) He writes one of his better-known poems, "The Negro Speaks of Rivers."
(c) He begins his autobiography.
(d) He writes a letter to his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Hughes' plays performed?
2. What happens to the musical revue for which Langston works as a song lyricist?
3. What does Langston's mother want him to do?
4. During his senior year of high school, what happens to Langston?
5. How much success does Langston have with these submissions?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)