|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, Rehearsal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Langston continue to submit plays?
(b) The Karamu.
2. Why is this summer called the 'Red Summer?'
(a) Because the fear of Communism has spread like wildfire.
(b) Because the summer has record high temperatures.
(c) Because of the violence against blacks that ensues in the post war environment.
(d) Because many Chinese are moving to the country.
3. What happens to the musical revue for which Langston works as a song lyricist?
(a) It is never seen.
(b) It closes after only one performance.
(c) It has a small amount of success.
(d) It is very successful.
4. How does Langston's father try to convince Langston to come to Mexico for the summer?
(a) He hints at getting full custody.
(b) He will buy him a new car.
(c) He hints at an opportunity to pursue a college education.
(d) He offers to pay his way.
5. How does Langston pass the time in Mexico?
(a) By working on his autobiography.
(b) By reading, improving his Spanish, and riding horses.
(c) By reading and writing.
(d) By playing soccer with other boys in town.
Short Answer Questions
1. High school has readied him for college. Does Langston have a chance of going on with his education?
2. What does Langston do on the train ride to Mexico?
3. What does this group of individuals decide to create?
4. How much success does Langston have with these submissions?
5. When Fire is finally published at the end of the summer, how is it received?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)