One Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, Rehearsal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Langston continue to submit plays?
(c) The Karamu.
2. What happens to the musical revue for which Langston works as a song lyricist?
(a) It closes after only one performance.
(b) It is very successful.
(c) It is never seen.
(d) It has a small amount of success.
3. What does his mother receive while they are there?
(a) News about her sister.
(b) A letter from his stepfather.
(c) Good care at a reasonable price from a black physician.
(d) Cancer treatments.
4. During his senior year of high school, what happens to Langston?
(a) He becomes class president.
(b) He is prom king.
(c) He joins the track team.
(d) He is elected editor of the yearbook and class poet.
5. What does Langston do on the train ride to Mexico?
(a) He writes a letter to his mother.
(b) He thinks about his life.
(c) He writes one of his better-known poems, "The Negro Speaks of Rivers."
(d) He begins his autobiography.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Langston accept a job teaching English?
2. How much success does Langston have with these submissions?
3. Why is this summer called the 'Red Summer?'
4. What leads Langston and his father to get into an argument concerning Langston's future?
5. What happens when, in January, 1921, "A Negro Speaks of Rivers" is published in The Crisis?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)