|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, Lancelot again discusses the New World he is going to build around whom?
2. At the end of Chapter 6, Lancelot tells a story about whom?
3. Where will Lancelot be leaving later in the day at the end of the book?
4. Lancelot's quest was to find what?
5. Who does Lancelot say will no longer be fooled in the New World?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Lancelot went to the movie set, what did Janos explain to him?
2. What does Lancelot confess he knew about his mother, when he thinks he sees her at his desk?
3. What are two things Lancelot does not want in his new world?
4. What does Lancelot claim as the point of his quest through the story?
5. Lancelot tells a story about his grandfather. What is the story?
6. What does Lancelot confess when he recalls the first time he made love to Margot?
7. What will be the difference in women between the New World and the current world?
8. Lancelot wants to create his own world where women will be treated how?
9. Why does Lancelot get to leave the hospital?
10. After viewing the tapes, what does Lancelot tell Merlin to do and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book in support of your answer, explain how Lancelot and Percival symbolize the battle between good and evil.
Essay Topic 2
What is a tragic hero? Who is a tragic hero in the story? Why? Use at least two examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is the purpose of Merlin's character? What does he symbolize? What is his role? Use examples from the book in support of your answer.
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)