|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the very end of the book, Lancelot talks about the new world with women now who will be like what?
2. On one tape Lancelot watches, Janos is doing what?
3. Lancelot feels as though he has his proof, but what is wrong with the movies?
4. What was Lancelot's wife like when he arrived home on the final day of shooting?
5. In Chapter 9, it is possible that Lancelot is trying to convince who that the doctors are planning on letting him out?
Short Essay Questions
1. Lancelot tells a story about his grandfather. What is the story?
2. What will be the difference in women between the New World and the current world?
3. What did Lancelot do with the money he withdrew from the bank?
4. Despite being able to leave the hospital, Lancelot continues to claim what?
5. What does Lancelot confess he knew about his mother, when he thinks he sees her at his desk?
6. After viewing the tapes, what does Lancelot tell Merlin to do and why?
7. What are Lancelot's plans after he leaves the hospital?
8. What is Lancelot's New World going to be centered around?
9. How is Elgin going to make a movie for Lancelot?
10. What was wrong with the tapes Elgin made for Lancelot?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is Lancelot obsessed with infidelity? Give three examples of how this obsession manifests itself in the story.
Essay Topic 2
What is a flashback? How does the author use them in this book? Are they effective? Give at least three examples in support of your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Was Harry ever really present? What pieces of evidence in the story lead you to believe that Harry was, or was not, present?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)