|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what did Lancelot tell Elgin to do?
2. At the end of Chapter 6, Lancelot tells a story about whom?
3. After Lancelot makes his first visit in Chapter 8 after viewing the tapes, who else does he encounter that is deeply afraid of the storm and decides to move on as well?
4. In Chapter 8, Lancelot kills the movie people, but not before having sex with who?
5. In Chapter 8, who gave Lancelot a pill?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Lancelot went into the library, what did he find his daughter discussing with the librarian?
2. What are Lancelot's plans after he leaves the hospital?
3. What does Lancelot do to the pipe in the basement?
4. What did Margot announce to Lancelot when she refuses to go away with him?
5. What does Lancelot confess he knew about his mother, when he thinks he sees her at his desk?
6. After viewing the tapes, what does Lancelot tell Merlin to do and why?
7. What are two things Lancelot does not want in his new world?
8. What does Lancelot think about his son's decision to become a homosexual?
9. What will be the difference in women between the New World and the current world?
10. What did Lancelot do with the money he withdrew from the bank?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is a "foil" in literature? What is the purpose of the foil? Give at least two examples of characters in this book who function as foils and describe their purpose.
Essay Topic 2
What is a flashback? How does the author use them in this book? Are they effective? Give at least three examples in support of your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Using the book to support your answer, explain whether neglect is a theme of the book, and how it is used.
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)