|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people did Lancelot kill that night?
2. In Lancelot's weather story in Chapter 7, what did the couple in the story confess?
3. In Chapter 7, in preparation for the storm, what did Lancelot come home to find his wife doing?
4. In Chapter 6, what was the announcement?
5. What did Lancelot tell the bank manager he was doing with the money he withdrew from the bank in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the role Margot is supposed to play in the movie?
2. Lancelot tells a story about his grandfather. What is the story?
3. Despite being able to leave the hospital, Lancelot continues to claim what?
4. What does Lancelot think about his son's decision to become a homosexual?
5. What does Lancelot do that makes the reader wonder if he is really being let out of the hospital?
6. What did the couple, who were trapped in a hurricane, tell each other that made them closer than before?
7. What is Lancelot's New World going to be centered around?
8. Lancelot wants to create his own world where women will be treated how?
9. What does Lancelot confess when he recalls the first time he made love to Margot?
10. What does Lancelot confess about his feelings the night of the killing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is a metaphor? What are two metaphors the author uses and are they effective?
Essay Topic 2
Was Harry ever really present? What pieces of evidence in the story lead you to believe that Harry was, or was not, present?
Essay Topic 3
Is Lancelot ambivalent towards women? Use Lancelot's interactions with at least three different women to help support your answer.
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)