|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, who is presented as a homosexual?
2. In Chapter 9, Lancelot discusses that ________ is not his actual daughter?
3. At the end of Chapter 9, what does Lancelot continue to claim he is going to create?
4. In Chapter 9, Lancelot says he has been declared what?
5. In Chapter 6, what role was Lancelot's wife playing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was wrong with the tapes Elgin made for Lancelot?
2. What did Margot announce to Lancelot when she refuses to go away with him?
3. How does Lancelot think women are ruining society?
4. What are two things Lancelot does not want in his new world?
5. What does Lancelot confess when he recalls the first time he made love to Margot?
6. Lancelot tells a story about his grandfather. What is the story?
7. What happens when Lancelot asks Harry questions?
8. What is the role Margot is supposed to play in the movie?
9. What does Lancelot think about his son's decision to become a homosexual?
10. What will be the difference in women between the New World and the current world?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using the book to support your answer, explain whether neglect is a theme of the book, and how it is used.
Essay Topic 2
What does the movie industry and movies symbolize to the different characters in the book? Do the different types of movies symbolize different thing? Explain the symbolism of the movies for Lancelot, Margot and Lucy.
Essay Topic 3
Lancelot says that "All he had to do was solve the mystery of the universe, which may be difficult but is not as difficult as living an ordinary life." Do you believe that Lancelot's statement accurately portrays his character? Why or why not? Support your answer with examples from the book.
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)