|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Janos speak with Lancelot about when Lancelot visited his wife?
2. Where did Lancelot go after the conversation with Janos?
3. What does Lancelot believe is ruining the nation?
4. In Chapter 6, when was the announcement made?
5. Lancelot feels as though he has his proof, but what is wrong with the movies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Raine give Lancelot before the storm?
2. How does Lancelot think women are ruining society?
3. When Lancelot suggested to Margot that they spend some time alone, what was her reaction?
4. What does Lancelot claim as the point of his quest through the story?
5. What are Lancelot's plans after he leaves the hospital?
6. How is Elgin going to make a movie for Lancelot?
7. What did Lancelot do with the money he withdrew from the bank?
8. What does Lancelot do that makes the reader wonder if he is really being let out of the hospital?
9. What happens when Lancelot asks Harry questions?
10. Why does Lancelot get to leave the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Lancelot "awakened" by his discovery of Margot's infidelity? What changes in his life after his awakening? Give at least two examples in support of your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Lancelot says that "All he had to do was solve the mystery of the universe, which may be difficult but is not as difficult as living an ordinary life." Do you believe that Lancelot's statement accurately portrays his character? Why or why not? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
How is the theme of love dealt with in this story? Give at least three examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)