|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Lancelot go after the conversation with Janos?
2. What does Lancelot plan to do about Siobhan at the end of the book?
3. In Chapter 9, it is possible that Lancelot is trying to convince who that the doctors are planning on letting him out?
4. In Chapter 6, when Lancelot returns to his story, what does he say he asked Elgin to make him?
5. Who does Lancelot say will no longer be fooled in the New World?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the couple, who were trapped in a hurricane, tell each other that made them closer than before?
2. What are two things Lancelot does not want in his new world?
3. When Lancelot suggested to Margot that they spend some time alone, what was her reaction?
4. How does Lancelot think women are ruining society?
5. What does Lancelot confess about his feelings the night of the killing?
6. What does Lancelot do to the pipe in the basement?
7. What are Lancelot's plans after he leaves the hospital?
8. What does Lancelot confess he knew about his mother, when he thinks he sees her at his desk?
9. What was wrong with the tapes Elgin made for Lancelot?
10. What does Lancelot claim as the point of his quest through the story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lancelot believes that he has discovered the truth about evil. What is this truth? Give three examples that support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Using the book to support your answer, explain whether neglect is a theme of the book, and how it is used.
Essay Topic 3
Why is Lancelot obsessed with infidelity? Give three examples of how this obsession manifests itself in the story.
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)