|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what does Lancelot believe is ruining the country?
2. At the start of Chapter 8, Lancelot is watching what movies?
3. What did Janos speak with Lancelot about when Lancelot visited his wife?
4. Who does Lancelot ask questions of at the end of Chapter 9?
5. Where will Lancelot be leaving later in the day at the end of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lancelot think women are ruining society?
2. What did the couple, who were trapped in a hurricane, tell each other that made them closer than before?
3. Why does Lancelot get to leave the hospital?
4. What happens when Lancelot asks Harry questions?
5. When Lancelot went into the library, what did he find his daughter discussing with the librarian?
6. What is the role Margot is supposed to play in the movie?
7. What will be the difference in women between the New World and the current world?
8. When Lancelot suggested to Margot that they spend some time alone, what was her reaction?
9. When Lancelot went to the movie set, what did Janos explain to him?
10. What was wrong with the tapes Elgin made for Lancelot?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lancelot says that "All he had to do was solve the mystery of the universe, which may be difficult but is not as difficult as living an ordinary life." Do you believe that Lancelot's statement accurately portrays his character? Why or why not? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Using the book to support your answer, explain whether neglect is a theme of the book, and how it is used.
Essay Topic 3
What is a tragic hero? Who is a tragic hero in the story? Why? Use at least two examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)