|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. A memory in Chapter 7 triggered Lancelot to recall what story?
2. In Chapter 9, it is possible that Lancelot is trying to convince who that the doctors are planning on letting him out?
3. What was Lancelot's daughter discussing with the local librarian?
4. Lancelot is intent on creating his own world where there will be no confusion as to what?
5. In Chapter 8, what did Lancelot tell Elgin to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the role Margot is supposed to play in the movie?
2. After viewing the tapes, what does Lancelot tell Merlin to do and why?
3. What does Lancelot confess he knew about his mother, when he thinks he sees her at his desk?
4. How is Elgin going to make a movie for Lancelot?
5. Lancelot wants to create his own world where women will be treated how?
6. Despite being able to leave the hospital, Lancelot continues to claim what?
7. When Lancelot went into the library, what did he find his daughter discussing with the librarian?
8. What did Lancelot do with the money he withdrew from the bank?
9. What did the couple, who were trapped in a hurricane, tell each other that made them closer than before?
10. What happens when Lancelot asks Harry questions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast what Lancelot believes Margot and Anna symbolize? How is this represented? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Is Lancelot ambivalent towards women? Use Lancelot's interactions with at least three different women to help support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is a flashback? How does the author use them in this book? Are they effective? Give at least three examples in support of your answer.
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)