|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lancelot say he felt the night he killed?
2. In Chapter 6, what role was Lancelot's wife playing?
3. Percival was whose nickname in college?
4. Lancelot's quest was to find what?
5. What did Lancelot tell the bank manager he was doing with the money he withdrew from the bank in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Lancelot's New World going to be centered around?
2. What does Lancelot confess when he recalls the first time he made love to Margot?
3. What are Lancelot's plans after he leaves the hospital?
4. What does Lancelot confess about his feelings the night of the killing?
5. Lancelot wants to create his own world where women will be treated how?
6. What does Lancelot do that makes the reader wonder if he is really being let out of the hospital?
7. What did Raine give Lancelot before the storm?
8. What is the role Margot is supposed to play in the movie?
9. What does Lancelot claim as the point of his quest through the story?
10. Why does Lancelot get to leave the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is a metaphor? What are two metaphors the author uses and are they effective?
Essay Topic 2
What is a "foil" in literature? What is the purpose of the foil? Give at least two examples of characters in this book who function as foils and describe their purpose.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book in support of your answer, explain how Lancelot and Percival symbolize the battle between good and evil.
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)