|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lancelot talks about the past in Chapter 5, what does he feel he needs to create?
2. In Chapter 3, Lancelot inquired with Elgin whether what item still worked?
3. Where is Lancelot at the beginning of Chapter 1?
4. In Chapter 5, who dominated the dinner conversation?
5. Where did Lancelot and Margot sit while they talked on the rainy night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Lancelot telling his story to Harry?
2. As the story continues, what does Lancelot lose touch with?
3. What is the difference between Lancelot's attraction to each wife?
4. What happened to Lancelot's first wife?
5. Instead of going upstairs after dinner, where did Lancelot go?
6. When does Lancelot claim to remember why he is in the hospital?
7. What was Margot doing the summer Siobhan was conceived?
8. How did Margot show an interest in Belle Island the first night Lancelot met her?
9. What did the money in Lancelot's father's sock drawer prove to Lancelot?
10. How did Lancelot know the Grand Kleagle and what did he do to him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is a flashback? How does the author use them in this book? Are they effective? Give at least three examples in support of your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Using the book to support your answer, explain whether neglect is a theme of the book, and how it is used.
Essay Topic 3
What does the movie industry and movies symbolize to the different characters in the book? Do the different types of movies symbolize different thing? Explain the symbolism of the movies for Lancelot, Margot and Lucy.
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)