|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lucy Cobb?
2. What did Lancelot continue to hold onto at the end of Chapter 5?
3. After leaving the table at the normal time after dinner in Chapter 3, who did Lancelot say goodnight to?
4. In Chapter 3, Lancelot describes falling into a rut after giving up his occupation and his pursuits, and the rut revolving around what two things?
5. What did Lancelot do the night he learned of his wife's infidelity?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Lancelot obsessed with Margot's infidelity?
2. What does Lancelot do that makes the reader wonder if he is really being let out of the hospital?
3. As the story continues, what does Lancelot lose touch with?
4. Does Lancelot believe Elgin, that Margot is faithful to him?
5. What did Raine give Lancelot before the storm?
6. What was Margot doing the summer Siobhan was conceived?
7. What is Ideo-Personal-Dynamics?
8. Why would Elgin do anything for Lancelot?
9. What is the difference between Lancelot's attraction to each wife?
10. What does Lancelot confess about his feelings the night of the killing?
Essay Topic 1
Is Lancelot a moral character? What about the others? Why? What definition of moral character are you using? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast what Lancelot believes Margot and Anna symbolize? How is this represented? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
What is the moral of the story? Is there one? Support your answer with evidence from the book.
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)