|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, Lancelot denies what?
2. In Chapter 3, what did Elgin say the group of people had been doing before returning to Belle Isle?
3. Who is Elgin?
4. Lancelot compared the way he felt when he discovered the item in his father's sock drawer to what other event?
5. What does Lancelot admit to his friend at the end of Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Lancelot's job when he married Margot?
2. Why is Lancelot obsessed with Margot's infidelity?
3. What is Ideo-Personal-Dynamics?
4. Who is Elgin?
5. How does Lancelot explain that the girl in the room next to his is still virginal after the brutal attack she suffered?
6. What was Margot doing the summer Siobhan was conceived?
7. When Raine flirted with him, what did Lancelot think might be the reason?
8. As the story continues, what does Lancelot lose touch with?
9. Does Lancelot love Morgan?
10. Why would Elgin do anything for Lancelot?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Based on evidence from the book. explain why Lancelot is not a reliable narrator.
Essay Topic 2
Is Lancelot a moral character? What about the others? Why? What definition of moral character are you using? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Based on the novel, explain what it is that causes a man to be so harmed by adultery. Use at least three examples or scenes from the book in support of your answer.
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)