|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Lancelot start to give up his occupation?
2. In Chapter 3, Lancelot describes falling into a rut after giving up his occupation and his pursuits, and the rut revolving around what two things?
3. Where had Margot rebuilt a burned section of Belle Isle?
4. Who does the girl next door remind Lancelot of?
5. When did Lancelot meet Margot?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Lancelot told his mother that his father was corrupt, what did his mother say?
2. Lancelot compares his discovery of his wife's infidelity to what?
3. As the story continues, what does Lancelot lose touch with?
4. What did Margot do to the pigeonnier?
5. When Lancelot went to say goodnight to Siobhan and Tex, what did Tex pester Lancelot about?
6. What does Lancelot believe love causes?
7. How did Lancelot know the Grand Kleagle and what did he do to him?
8. What happened to Lancelot's job when he married Margot?
9. What was Margot doing the summer Siobhan was conceived?
10. Why would Elgin do anything for Lancelot?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the theme of love dealt with in this story? Give at least three examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What does the movie industry and movies symbolize to the different characters in the book? Do the different types of movies symbolize different thing? Explain the symbolism of the movies for Lancelot, Margot and Lucy.
Essay Topic 3
Is Lancelot ambivalent towards women? Use Lancelot's interactions with at least three different women to help support your answer.
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)