|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Lancelot telling his story?
2. What is Ideo-Personal-Dynamics?
3. What did Margot eventually turn to in order to find the passion upon which she thrived?
4. What did Lancelot and Margot share to drink during the rainy night?
5. What location was chosen to be on the Azalea trail?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Lancelot's design for a new world?
2. Why is Lancelot obsessed with Margot's infidelity?
3. Why would Elgin do anything for Lancelot?
4. How does Lancelot appear to be growing more unstable as the story continues?
5. For what reason does Elgin think he is going to the Holiday Inn?
6. Lancelot compares his discovery of his wife's infidelity to what?
7. Does Lancelot love Morgan?
8. When Raine flirted with him, what did Lancelot think might be the reason?
9. What did Lancelot feel when Raine flirted with him?
10. When Lancelot told his mother that his father was corrupt, what did his mother say?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is a flashback? How does the author use them in this book? Are they effective? Give at least three examples in support of your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How is Lancelot "awakened" by his discovery of Margot's infidelity? What changes in his life after his awakening? Give at least two examples in support of your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is the purpose of Merlin's character? What does he symbolize? What is his role? Use examples from the book in support of your answer.
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)