|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Lancelot see his wife flirting with after dinner?
2. What is one of the reasons why Elgin has done anything for Lancelot?
3. What did Lancelot pick up from the desk that needed his signature on the day he found out about his wife's infidelity?
4. What was a major part of Lancelot and Margot's early relationship?
5. How old is Lancelot's daughter in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lancelot claim as the point of his quest through the story?
2. What was Margot doing the summer Siobhan was conceived?
3. When does Lancelot claim to remember why he is in the hospital?
4. What is Ideo-Personal-Dynamics?
5. What did Margot announce to Lancelot when she refuses to go away with him?
6. What does Lancelot confess about his feelings the night of the killing?
7. What does Lancelot believe love causes?
8. When Lancelot went into the library, what did he find his daughter discussing with the librarian?
9. When Lancelot went to the movie set, what did Janos explain to him?
10. What happened to Lancelot's first wife?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast what Lancelot believes Margot and Anna symbolize? How is this represented? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
What is a tragic hero? Who is a tragic hero in the story? Why? Use at least two examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Is Lancelot ambivalent towards women? Use Lancelot's interactions with at least three different women to help support your answer.
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)