Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Lancelot go after leaving Tex and Siobhan?
2. What condition does Margot appear to have been in the night Elgin was watching the hotel?
3. Lancelot mentions he gave up what specific hobby/pursuit in addition to his occupation?
4. In truth, who was the Grand Kleagle?
5. Who does Lancelot welcome in a meeting in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Instead of going upstairs after dinner, where did Lancelot go?
2. What are two things Lancelot does not want in his new world?
3. What happened to Lancelot's first wife?
4. How did Lancelot know the Grand Kleagle and what did he do to him?
5. Does Lancelot believe Elgin, that Margot is faithful to him?
6. What are Lancelot's plans after he leaves the hospital?
7. When Lancelot told his mother that his father was corrupt, what did his mother say?
8. How did Margot show an interest in Belle Island the first night Lancelot met her?
9. What does Elgin report about Margot's night at the Holiday Inn?
10. Why is Lancelot obsessed with Margot's infidelity?
How is the theme of love dealt with in this story? Give at least three examples from the book to support your answer.
What is a metaphor? What are two metaphors the author uses and are they effective?
Was Harry ever really present? What pieces of evidence in the story lead you to believe that Harry was, or was not, present?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)