|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lancelot do the night he learned of his wife's infidelity?
2. In Chapter 3, Lancelot describes falling into a rut after giving up his occupation and his pursuits, and the rut revolving around what two things?
3. What did Tex nag Lancelot about after dinner?
4. What did Lancelot continue to hold onto at the end of Chapter 5?
5. Lancelot mentions he gave up what specific hobby/pursuit in addition to his occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lancelot attempt to talk to the girl in the room next door?
2. Lancelot compares his discovery of his wife's infidelity to what?
3. What is Lancelot's design for a new world?
4. What did Lancelot feel when Raine flirted with him?
5. What is the difference between Lancelot's attraction to each wife?
6. Does Lancelot love Morgan?
7. Instead of going upstairs after dinner, where did Lancelot go?
8. As the story continues, what does Lancelot lose touch with?
9. When does Lancelot claim to remember why he is in the hospital?
10. Why is Lancelot obsessed with Margot's infidelity?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the purpose of Merlin's character? What does he symbolize? What is his role? Use examples from the book in support of your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Based on the novel, explain what it is that causes a man to be so harmed by adultery. Use at least three examples or scenes from the book in support of your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Using the book to support your answer, explain whether neglect is a theme of the book, and how it is used.
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)