|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Margot eventually turn to in order to find the passion upon which she thrived?
2. Who is Tex Reilly?
3. What does Lancelot admit in Chapter 5?
4. Where did Lancelot invite Margot to go to dry off on the rainy night?
5. In Chapter 2, what is the name of Lancelot's friend?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Lancelot obsessed with Margot's infidelity?
2. For what reason does Elgin think he is going to the Holiday Inn?
3. What happened to Lancelot's first wife?
4. What did Margot do to the pigeonnier?
5. What is the difference between Lancelot's attraction to each wife?
6. What happened to Lancelot's job when he married Margot?
7. When Raine flirted with him, what did Lancelot think might be the reason?
8. Why would Elgin do anything for Lancelot?
9. When Lancelot went to say goodnight to Siobhan and Tex, what did Tex pester Lancelot about?
10. Why is Lancelot telling his story to Harry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Was Harry ever really present? What pieces of evidence in the story lead you to believe that Harry was, or was not, present?
Essay Topic 2
What is a metaphor? What are two metaphors the author uses and are they effective?
Essay Topic 3
Is Lancelot a moral character? What about the others? Why? What definition of moral character are you using? Support your answer with examples from the book.
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)