|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what is the name of Lancelot's friend?
2. Who did Lancelot see his wife flirting with after dinner?
3. What is the pigeoneer been turned into?
4. What did Lancelot believe his wife was making him out to be?
5. What did the girl next door answer Lancelot's knock with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lancelot appear to be growing more unstable as the story continues?
2. When Raine flirted with him, what did Lancelot think might be the reason?
3. How does Lancelot attempt to talk to the girl in the room next door?
4. As the story continues, what does Lancelot lose touch with?
5. How did Margot show an interest in Belle Island the first night Lancelot met her?
6. What happened to Lancelot's first wife?
7. What was Margot doing the summer Siobhan was conceived?
8. Instead of going upstairs after dinner, where did Lancelot go?
9. Why does Lancelot think Margot is doing more than watching rushes at the Holiday Inn?
10. Does Lancelot believe Elgin, that Margot is faithful to him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Lancelot "awakened" by his discovery of Margot's infidelity? What changes in his life after his awakening? Give at least two examples in support of your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Lancelot believes that he has discovered the truth about evil. What is this truth? Give three examples that support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is a flashback? How does the author use them in this book? Are they effective? Give at least three examples in support of your answer.
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)