|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what did Elgin say the group of people had been doing before returning to Belle Isle?
2. The day after, Lancelot went where after breakfast?
3. What location was chosen to be on the Azalea trail?
4. What did Lancelot do the night he learned of his wife's infidelity?
5. In Chapter 2, what is the name of Lancelot's friend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the money in Lancelot's father's sock drawer prove to Lancelot?
2. What is Lancelot's design for a new world?
3. How does Lancelot explain that the girl in the room next to his is still virginal after the brutal attack she suffered?
4. What happened to Lancelot's job when he married Margot?
5. What did Lancelot feel when Raine flirted with him?
6. Why would Elgin do anything for Lancelot?
7. For what reason does Elgin think he is going to the Holiday Inn?
8. What is Ideo-Personal-Dynamics?
9. Why is Lancelot obsessed with Margot's infidelity?
10. How does Lancelot attempt to talk to the girl in the room next door?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Based on the novel, explain what it is that causes a man to be so harmed by adultery. Use at least three examples or scenes from the book in support of your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Is Lancelot a moral character? What about the others? Why? What definition of moral character are you using? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
What is a "foil" in literature? What is the purpose of the foil? Give at least two examples of characters in this book who function as foils and describe their purpose.
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)