|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information from Elgin did Lancelot not seem interested?
2. Where did Lancelot go after leaving Tex and Siobhan?
3. At the end of Chapter 4, where did Lancelot ask Elgin to go?
4. Where was the pigeonnier, mentioned in Chapter 2, located?
5. Who does Lancelot welcome in a meeting in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Lancelot obsessed with Margot's infidelity?
2. What did Margot do to the pigeonnier?
3. How did Lancelot feel about Lucy's death?
4. When does Lancelot claim to remember why he is in the hospital?
5. What was Margot doing the summer Siobhan was conceived?
6. How does Lancelot attempt to talk to the girl in the room next door?
7. Does Lancelot love Morgan?
8. When Lancelot went to say goodnight to Siobhan and Tex, what did Tex pester Lancelot about?
9. Does Lancelot believe Elgin, that Margot is faithful to him?
10. What did Lancelot feel when Raine flirted with him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is Lancelot obsessed with infidelity? Give three examples of how this obsession manifests itself in the story.
Essay Topic 2
How is Lancelot "awakened" by his discovery of Margot's infidelity? What changes in his life after his awakening? Give at least two examples in support of your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Was Harry ever really present? What pieces of evidence in the story lead you to believe that Harry was, or was not, present?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)