|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the reasons why Elgin has done anything for Lancelot?
2. In Chapter 5, who talked with Lancelot about Ideo-Personal-Dynamics during dinner?
3. In Chapter 3, what did Elgin say the group of people had been doing before returning to Belle Isle?
4. What did Elgin report that he did see at the hotel?
5. Lancelot's family has deep roots in what region of the US?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Elgin report about Margot's night at the Holiday Inn?
2. For what reason does Elgin think he is going to the Holiday Inn?
3. What was Margot doing the summer Siobhan was conceived?
4. When Lancelot went to say goodnight to Siobhan and Tex, what did Tex pester Lancelot about?
5. When Lancelot told his mother that his father was corrupt, what did his mother say?
6. Does Lancelot love Morgan?
7. What happened to Lancelot's job when he married Margot?
8. How did Lancelot know the Grand Kleagle and what did he do to him?
9. Why is Lancelot telling his story to Harry?
10. How did Lancelot feel about Lucy's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is Lancelot obsessed with infidelity? Give three examples of how this obsession manifests itself in the story.
Essay Topic 2
How is the theme of love dealt with in this story? Give at least three examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Was Harry ever really present? What pieces of evidence in the story lead you to believe that Harry was, or was not, present?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)