|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a major part of Lancelot and Margot's early relationship?
2. What topic does Lancelot discuss with his friend in Chapter 2?
3. In Chapter 3, Lancelot describes falling into a rut after giving up his occupation and his pursuits, and the rut revolving around what two things?
4. Where did Lancelot go after leaving Tex and Siobhan?
5. When did Lancelot meet Margot?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lancelot explain that the girl in the room next to his is still virginal after the brutal attack she suffered?
2. What does Lancelot believe love causes?
3. Instead of going upstairs after dinner, where did Lancelot go?
4. How did Lancelot feel about Lucy's death?
5. Why does Lancelot think Margot is doing more than watching rushes at the Holiday Inn?
6. What is the difference between Lancelot's attraction to each wife?
7. What did Margot do to the pigeonnier?
8. When Lancelot told his mother that his father was corrupt, what did his mother say?
9. Why is Lancelot telling his story to Harry?
10. How does Lancelot attempt to talk to the girl in the room next door?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using the book to support your answer, explain whether neglect is a theme of the book, and how it is used.
Essay Topic 2
Is Lancelot ambivalent towards women? Use Lancelot's interactions with at least three different women to help support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Lancelot believes that he has discovered the truth about evil. What is this truth? Give three examples that support your answer.
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)