|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was a guest a Belle Isle at the time Lancelot discovered his wife's infidelity?
2. Why was Lancelot staying in the pigeoneer at the time of his wife's infidelity?
3. In Chapter 1, Lancelot denies what?
4. What did Margot eventually turn to in order to find the passion upon which she thrived?
5. What was Lancelot doing when he learned of his wife's infidelity?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Lancelot's first wife?
2. What is Ideo-Personal-Dynamics?
3. Instead of going upstairs after dinner, where did Lancelot go?
4. How does Lancelot attempt to talk to the girl in the room next door?
5. Why does Lancelot think Margot is doing more than watching rushes at the Holiday Inn?
6. Why would Elgin do anything for Lancelot?
7. When Lancelot told his mother that his father was corrupt, what did his mother say?
8. How did Lancelot know the Grand Kleagle and what did he do to him?
9. How does Lancelot appear to be growing more unstable as the story continues?
10. What did Lancelot feel when Raine flirted with him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Based on the novel, explain what it is that causes a man to be so harmed by adultery. Use at least three examples or scenes from the book in support of your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is a flashback? How does the author use them in this book? Are they effective? Give at least three examples in support of your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Using the book to support your answer, explain whether neglect is a theme of the book, and how it is used.
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)