|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lancelot say the girl next door is like Lucy?
2. What location was chosen to be on the Azalea trail?
3. What did Lancelot and Margot share to drink during the rainy night?
4. In Chapter 5, returning to his story, Lancelot talks about another dinner centering around what topic?
5. Who is Elgin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Lancelot obsessed with Margot's infidelity?
2. What does Lancelot believe love causes?
3. When does Lancelot claim to remember why he is in the hospital?
4. When Lancelot went to say goodnight to Siobhan and Tex, what did Tex pester Lancelot about?
5. What is the difference between Lancelot's attraction to each wife?
6. As the story continues, what does Lancelot lose touch with?
7. What happened to Lancelot's first wife?
8. Why does Lancelot think Margot is doing more than watching rushes at the Holiday Inn?
9. How did Margot show an interest in Belle Island the first night Lancelot met her?
10. When Raine flirted with him, what did Lancelot think might be the reason?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is a flashback? How does the author use them in this book? Are they effective? Give at least three examples in support of your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is a tragic hero? Who is a tragic hero in the story? Why? Use at least two examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Was Harry ever really present? What pieces of evidence in the story lead you to believe that Harry was, or was not, present?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)