|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Elgin returned with his reports from the hotel, what did Elgin report that he couldn't see?
2. What did Lancelot ask Elgin to do at the hotel at the end of Chapter 4?
3. Who did Elgin report was also at the hotel that night?
4. After leaving the table at the normal time after dinner in Chapter 3, who did Lancelot say goodnight to?
5. Who has recently died at the beginning of Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Lancelot love Morgan?
2. When Raine flirted with him, what did Lancelot think might be the reason?
3. What does Lancelot believe love causes?
4. Why is Lancelot obsessed with Margot's infidelity?
5. What is Ideo-Personal-Dynamics?
6. Why does Lancelot think Margot is doing more than watching rushes at the Holiday Inn?
7. What did Margot do to the pigeonnier?
8. How does Lancelot appear to be growing more unstable as the story continues?
9. What happened to Lancelot's job when he married Margot?
10. What does Elgin report about Margot's night at the Holiday Inn?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is Lancelot obsessed with infidelity? Give three examples of how this obsession manifests itself in the story.
Essay Topic 2
What is a tragic hero? Who is a tragic hero in the story? Why? Use at least two examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Is Lancelot a moral character? What about the others? Why? What definition of moral character are you using? Support your answer with examples from the book.
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)