|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What location was chosen to be on the Azalea trail?
2. In Chapter 2, what is the name of Lancelot's friend?
3. Why is Lancelot telling his story?
4. What is one of the reasons why Elgin has done anything for Lancelot?
5. When did Lancelot meet Margot?
Short Essay Questions
1. As the story continues, what does Lancelot lose touch with?
2. Instead of going upstairs after dinner, where did Lancelot go?
3. Why is Lancelot obsessed with Margot's infidelity?
4. What is Ideo-Personal-Dynamics?
5. Does Lancelot believe Elgin, that Margot is faithful to him?
6. Does Lancelot love Morgan?
7. What does Elgin report about Margot's night at the Holiday Inn?
8. What happened to Lancelot's first wife?
9. Lancelot compares his discovery of his wife's infidelity to what?
10. How does Lancelot attempt to talk to the girl in the room next door?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is a metaphor? What are two metaphors the author uses and are they effective?
Essay Topic 2
What does the movie industry and movies symbolize to the different characters in the book? Do the different types of movies symbolize different thing? Explain the symbolism of the movies for Lancelot, Margot and Lucy.
Essay Topic 3
Based on the novel, explain what it is that causes a man to be so harmed by adultery. Use at least three examples or scenes from the book in support of your answer.
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)