|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Lancelot go after leaving Tex and Siobhan?
2. What later made Margot happy in the relationship with Lancelot?
3. What condition does Margot appear to have been in the night Elgin was watching the hotel?
4. What topic does Lancelot discuss with his friend in Chapter 2?
5. What was on the form that concerned Lancelot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Raine give Lancelot before the storm?
2. When Lancelot went into the library, what did he find his daughter discussing with the librarian?
3. What does Lancelot confess about his feelings the night of the killing?
4. Instead of going upstairs after dinner, where did Lancelot go?
5. How did Margot show an interest in Belle Island the first night Lancelot met her?
6. What did the money in Lancelot's father's sock drawer prove to Lancelot?
7. What does Lancelot believe love causes?
8. What does Lancelot do to the pipe in the basement?
9. Why does Lancelot get to leave the hospital?
10. How does Lancelot attempt to talk to the girl in the room next door?
Essay Topic 1
How is Lancelot "awakened" by his discovery of Margot's infidelity? What changes in his life after his awakening? Give at least two examples in support of your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Is Lancelot ambivalent towards women? Use Lancelot's interactions with at least three different women to help support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Was Harry ever really present? What pieces of evidence in the story lead you to believe that Harry was, or was not, present?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)