|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lancelot say he found in his father's sock drawer when he was a little boy?
2. In Chapter 3, what time does Elgin say the group of people returned to Belle Isle?
3. What later made Margot happy in the relationship with Lancelot?
4. What does Lancelot claim is the cause of all the societal downfalls in history?
5. In Chapter 2, what is the name of Lancelot's friend?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Lancelot told his mother that his father was corrupt, what did his mother say?
2. What does Lancelot believe love causes?
3. When Raine flirted with him, what did Lancelot think might be the reason?
4. Lancelot compares his discovery of his wife's infidelity to what?
5. What did the money in Lancelot's father's sock drawer prove to Lancelot?
6. When Lancelot went to say goodnight to Siobhan and Tex, what did Tex pester Lancelot about?
7. What happened to Lancelot's job when he married Margot?
8. Instead of going upstairs after dinner, where did Lancelot go?
9. How does Lancelot explain that the girl in the room next to his is still virginal after the brutal attack she suffered?
10. As the story continues, what does Lancelot lose touch with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast what Lancelot believes Margot and Anna symbolize? How is this represented? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
How is the theme of love dealt with in this story? Give at least three examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Lancelot believes that he has discovered the truth about evil. What is this truth? Give three examples that support your answer.
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)