|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the pigeoneer been turned into?
2. What did Lancelot and Margot share to drink during the rainy night?
3. In Chapter 1, Lancelot denies what?
4. In truth, who was the Grand Kleagle?
5. Where did Lancelot invite Margot to go to dry off on the rainy night?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Lancelot know the Grand Kleagle and what did he do to him?
2. Instead of going upstairs after dinner, where did Lancelot go?
3. Lancelot compares his discovery of his wife's infidelity to what?
4. How does Lancelot explain that the girl in the room next to his is still virginal after the brutal attack she suffered?
5. Does Lancelot believe Elgin, that Margot is faithful to him?
6. When does Lancelot claim to remember why he is in the hospital?
7. What was Margot doing the summer Siobhan was conceived?
8. What does Elgin report about Margot's night at the Holiday Inn?
9. When Raine flirted with him, what did Lancelot think might be the reason?
10. What is Lancelot's design for a new world?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is Lancelot ambivalent towards women? Use Lancelot's interactions with at least three different women to help support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast what Lancelot believes Margot and Anna symbolize? How is this represented? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Was Harry ever really present? What pieces of evidence in the story lead you to believe that Harry was, or was not, present?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)