|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, who dominated the dinner conversation?
2. What is one of the reasons why Elgin has done anything for Lancelot?
3. Who has recently died at the beginning of Chapter 1?
4. How old is Lancelot's daughter in Chapter 5?
5. Who is Siobhan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Lancelot compares his discovery of his wife's infidelity to what?
2. When does Lancelot claim to remember why he is in the hospital?
3. Does Lancelot love Morgan?
4. What is Ideo-Personal-Dynamics?
5. How did Lancelot know the Grand Kleagle and what did he do to him?
6. Does Lancelot believe Elgin, that Margot is faithful to him?
7. What is the difference between Lancelot's attraction to each wife?
8. What is Lancelot's design for a new world?
9. What does Elgin report about Margot's night at the Holiday Inn?
10. How does Lancelot explain that the girl in the room next to his is still virginal after the brutal attack she suffered?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using the book to support your answer, explain whether neglect is a theme of the book, and how it is used.
Essay Topic 2
What is a metaphor? What are two metaphors the author uses and are they effective?
Essay Topic 3
Was Harry ever really present? What pieces of evidence in the story lead you to believe that Harry was, or was not, present?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)