|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when Lancelot joined into the dinner conversation in Chapter 5?
2. Lancelot's family has deep roots in what region of the US?
3. In Chapter 5, what did Lancelot do regarding the girl next door the day before the Chapter begins?
4. Where was the pigeonnier, mentioned in Chapter 2, located?
5. What did the item in Lancelot's father's sock drawer seem to prove?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Lancelot feel when Raine flirted with him?
2. Does Lancelot believe Elgin, that Margot is faithful to him?
3. What is Lancelot's design for a new world?
4. What is Ideo-Personal-Dynamics?
5. When Lancelot told his mother that his father was corrupt, what did his mother say?
6. What happened to Lancelot's job when he married Margot?
7. How does Lancelot explain that the girl in the room next to his is still virginal after the brutal attack she suffered?
8. Why would Elgin do anything for Lancelot?
9. What did Margot do to the pigeonnier?
10. How does Lancelot appear to be growing more unstable as the story continues?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lancelot believes that he has discovered the truth about evil. What is this truth? Give three examples that support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Using the book to support your answer, explain whether neglect is a theme of the book, and how it is used.
Essay Topic 3
Based on evidence from the book. explain why Lancelot is not a reliable narrator.
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)