|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who flirted with Lancelot at the dinner in Chapter 3?
2. Why is Lancelot telling his story?
3. Where is Lancelot at the beginning of Chapter 1?
4. What did Margot eventually turn to in order to find the passion upon which she thrived?
5. In Chapter 2, what is the name of Lancelot's friend?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Lancelot telling his story to Harry?
2. What does Lancelot believe love causes?
3. What does Elgin report about Margot's night at the Holiday Inn?
4. How did Margot show an interest in Belle Island the first night Lancelot met her?
5. What did the money in Lancelot's father's sock drawer prove to Lancelot?
6. What is the difference between Lancelot's attraction to each wife?
7. When Raine flirted with him, what did Lancelot think might be the reason?
8. Does Lancelot believe Elgin, that Margot is faithful to him?
9. As the story continues, what does Lancelot lose touch with?
10. How did Lancelot know the Grand Kleagle and what did he do to him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Based on the novel, explain what it is that causes a man to be so harmed by adultery. Use at least three examples or scenes from the book in support of your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Was Harry ever really present? What pieces of evidence in the story lead you to believe that Harry was, or was not, present?
Essay Topic 3
What is a flashback? How does the author use them in this book? Are they effective? Give at least three examples in support of your answer.
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)