|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lancelot admit in Chapter 5?
2. Where did Harry say that Elgin was a student?
3. Who does the girl next door remind Lancelot of?
4. Where did Lancelot first meet Lucy Cobb?
5. Who was a guest a Belle Isle at the time Lancelot discovered his wife's infidelity?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Lancelot claim to remember why he is in the hospital?
2. Why is Lancelot telling his story to Harry?
3. How does Lancelot explain that the girl in the room next to his is still virginal after the brutal attack she suffered?
4. How did Margot show an interest in Belle Island the first night Lancelot met her?
5. How does Lancelot attempt to talk to the girl in the room next door?
6. What is Ideo-Personal-Dynamics?
7. What did Lancelot feel when Raine flirted with him?
8. As the story continues, what does Lancelot lose touch with?
9. What did the money in Lancelot's father's sock drawer prove to Lancelot?
10. How does Lancelot appear to be growing more unstable as the story continues?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Lancelot "awakened" by his discovery of Margot's infidelity? What changes in his life after his awakening? Give at least two examples in support of your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is a metaphor? What are two metaphors the author uses and are they effective?
Essay Topic 3
How is the theme of love dealt with in this story? Give at least three examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)