|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what did Lancelot tell Elgin to do?
(a) Take his family and leave Belle Isle.
(b) Stay away from Lucy.
(c) Stay away from Margot.
(d) Take his family and leave New Orleans.
2. Lancelot's quest was to find what?
3. What was the plot of the wife's movie?
(a) Full of meaning and substance, focused on love.
(b) Sexually-charged, about two lovers in the library.
(c) Sexually-charged, seemingly without meaning or substance.
(d) Two lovers united and seperated in one night and reunited over years of searching.
4. At the end of the book, where does Lancelot say he plans to go once he leaves where he is currently at?
(a) Belle Isle.
(c) New Orleans.
5. In Chapter 7, what does Lancelot believe is ruining the country?
(a) Sexual immorality.
(b) The immorality of women.
(c) Movies about sexual immorality.
(d) Movies about the immorality of women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lancelot do to rescue the conversation with Janos?
2. In Chapter 7, Lancelot talks about the weather, telling his friend a story about what?
3. What did Janos speak with Lancelot about when Lancelot visited his wife?
4. At the end of Chapter 7, where did Lancelot's wife tell Lancelot she was heading?
5. In Chapter 8, Lancelot kills the movie people, but not before having sex with who?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will be the difference in women between the New World and the current world?
2. When Lancelot went into the library, what did he find his daughter discussing with the librarian?
3. What does Lancelot confess when he recalls the first time he made love to Margot?
4. What does Lancelot do that makes the reader wonder if he is really being let out of the hospital?
5. What did Margot announce to Lancelot when she refuses to go away with him?
6. When Lancelot suggested to Margot that they spend some time alone, what was her reaction?
7. What does Lancelot do to the pipe in the basement?
8. Despite being able to leave the hospital, Lancelot continues to claim what?
9. What is Lancelot's New World going to be centered around?
10. How is Elgin going to make a movie for Lancelot?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)