|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the pigeonnier, mentioned in Chapter 2, located?
(a) Lancelot's estate.
(b) Harry's estate.
(c) Belle Isle.
(d) Percival's estate.
2. In Chapter 4, what does Lancelot refer to Lucy as?
(a) His sultry bride.
(b) His widowed bride.
(c) His virgin bride.
(d) His beautiful bride.
3. Where was Lancelot's wife the summer his daughter was conceived?
(a) In Europe.
(b) At home.
(c) In Texas.
(d) In California.
4. In Chapter 5, who dominated the dinner conversation?
(a) Janos Jacoby.
5. What did Lancelot claim to Elgin he was afraid of at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Lucy was heavily drinking.
(b) Lucy was doing drugs.
(c) Lucy had been kidnapped.
(d) Lucy was cheating on Lancelot.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Lancelot meet Margot?
2. When Lancelot talks about the past in Chapter 5, what does he feel he needs to create?
3. What made Lancelot give up the two things he had been doing while in the rut?
4. What did Lancelot do the night he learned of his wife's infidelity?
5. In Chapter 3, Lancelot pauses in his story to say his occupation had once been what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Lancelot telling his story to Harry?
2. What did Lancelot feel when Raine flirted with him?
3. Does Lancelot believe Elgin, that Margot is faithful to him?
4. When Raine flirted with him, what did Lancelot think might be the reason?
5. What did Margot do to the pigeonnier?
6. What happened to Lancelot's first wife?
7. Instead of going upstairs after dinner, where did Lancelot go?
8. As the story continues, what does Lancelot lose touch with?
9. What did the money in Lancelot's father's sock drawer prove to Lancelot?
10. For what reason does Elgin think he is going to the Holiday Inn?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)