|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lancelot say the girl next door is like Lucy?
(a) She, like Lucy, did not deserve what happened to her.
(b) The brutality of her experience has returned her to a more innocent place.
(c) She, like Lucy, was beautiful but disturbed.
(d) The brutality of her experience nearly killed her.
2. Who did Lancelot call for after he returned home for lunch?
3. In Chapter 3, Lancelot continues with his story, and asks Elgin what time which group of people had come back to Belle Isle?
(a) The island people.
(b) Lancelot's family.
(c) The summer visitors.
(d) The movie people.
4. Who did Lancelot try to speak with yesterday through a complicated knocking system?
(a) The girl in the room next to his.
(b) His friend in prison.
(c) The woman who lived in the castle next door.
(d) The man in prison.
5. Who has recently died at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) Lancelot's son.
(b) Lancelot's daughter.
(c) Lancelot's first wife.
(d) Lancelot's second wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. The day after, Lancelot went where after breakfast?
2. Why was Lancelot staying in the pigeoneer at the time of his wife's infidelity?
3. What did Lancelot believe his wife was making him out to be?
4. What happened when Lancelot joined into the dinner conversation in Chapter 5?
5. Who was a guest a Belle Isle at the time Lancelot discovered his wife's infidelity?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what reason does Elgin think he is going to the Holiday Inn?
2. What does Elgin report about Margot's night at the Holiday Inn?
3. Instead of going upstairs after dinner, where did Lancelot go?
4. How does Lancelot attempt to talk to the girl in the room next door?
5. Does Lancelot believe Elgin, that Margot is faithful to him?
6. How did Lancelot know the Grand Kleagle and what did he do to him?
7. As the story continues, what does Lancelot lose touch with?
8. Why would Elgin do anything for Lancelot?
9. When Lancelot told his mother that his father was corrupt, what did his mother say?
10. What is the difference between Lancelot's attraction to each wife?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)