|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, Lancelot denies what?
(a) Knowledge of where his friend is located.
(b) Knowledge of the events leading to his confinement.
(c) Knowledge of where his wife is.
(d) Knowledge of where he currently is.
2. When did Lancelot start to give up his occupation?
(a) After his accident.
(b) After marrying his wife.
(c) After becoming an oil surveyor.
(d) After the birth of his daughter.
3. Where did Lancelot see his wife flirting after dinner?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The parlor.
(c) The bedroom.
(d) The living room.
4. What did Lancelot do the night he learned of his wife's infidelity?
(a) He wrote her a note and left the house.
(b) He waited up for her to return home.
(c) He killed his wife.
(d) He burned the house down.
5. Where was Lancelot when he learned of his wife's infidelity?
(a) In the pigeonnier.
(b) In the gardens.
(c) At Harry's.
(d) At Percival's.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lancelot talks about the past in Chapter 5, what does he feel he needs to create?
2. Where did Harry say that Elgin was a student?
3. Where did Lancelot first meet Lucy Cobb?
4. Who did Lancelot call for after he returned home for lunch?
5. Who flirted with Lancelot at the dinner in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lancelot explain that the girl in the room next to his is still virginal after the brutal attack she suffered?
2. How did Lancelot know the Grand Kleagle and what did he do to him?
3. Why does Lancelot think Margot is doing more than watching rushes at the Holiday Inn?
4. What does Lancelot confess about his feelings the night of the killing?
5. Who is Elgin?
6. When Lancelot went into the library, what did he find his daughter discussing with the librarian?
7. Why is Lancelot obsessed with Margot's infidelity?
8. When Raine flirted with him, what did Lancelot think might be the reason?
9. What is Lancelot's design for a new world?
10. Why is Lancelot telling his story to Harry?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)