|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, Lancelot describes falling into a rut after giving up his occupation and his pursuits, and the rut revolving around what two things?
(a) The news and birding.
(b) Gun collecting and birding.
(c) Alcohol and the news.
(d) Gun collecting and alcohol.
2. What does Lancelot admit to his friend at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Lancelot may have been wrong about Margot.
(b) Lancelot shouldn't have sent Elgin to the hotel.
(c) Lancelot was actually interested in all Elgin's information.
(d) Lancelot missed Margot.
3. How old is Lancelot's daughter in Chapter 5?
4. What condition does Margot appear to have been in the night Elgin was watching the hotel?
(b) In the hospital.
(c) In love.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 4, in Lancelot's story, what was Margot's job on the rainy night?
(a) To welcome tourists at the boat dock.
(b) To be a judge in the Miss Belle Isle contest.
(c) To work the Belle Isle festival.
(d) To welcome tourists at the door.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lancelot talks about the past in Chapter 5, what does he feel he needs to create?
2. Where did Lancelot invite Margot to go to dry off on the rainy night?
3. Where was the pigeonnier, mentioned in Chapter 2, located?
4. What did Margot eventually turn to in order to find the passion upon which she thrived?
5. Where had Margot rebuilt a burned section of Belle Isle?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Margot show an interest in Belle Island the first night Lancelot met her?
2. What happened to Lancelot's first wife?
3. Does Lancelot love Morgan?
4. What is Lancelot's design for a new world?
5. Does Lancelot believe Elgin, that Margot is faithful to him?
6. For what reason does Elgin think he is going to the Holiday Inn?
7. What does Elgin report about Margot's night at the Holiday Inn?
8. How does Lancelot explain that the girl in the room next to his is still virginal after the brutal attack she suffered?
9. As the story continues, what does Lancelot lose touch with?
10. When Lancelot told his mother that his father was corrupt, what did his mother say?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)