|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what does Lancelot refer to Lucy as?
(a) His sultry bride.
(b) His virgin bride.
(c) His widowed bride.
(d) His beautiful bride.
2. What did Lancelot do to make his feelings to Lucy known?
(a) Nothing. Lucy could tell he loved her.
(b) Nothing. Lucy had to make the first move.
(c) Lancelot bought Lucy presents.
(d) Lancelot told Lucy what he felt about her.
3. Lancelot mentions he gave up what specific hobby/pursuit in addition to his occupation?
(d) Stamp collecting.
4. Where did Lancelot invite Margot to go to dry off on the rainy night?
(a) The house.
(b) The boat.
(c) The church.
(d) The pigeonnier.
5. Why is Lancelot telling his story?
(a) He wants his friend to be sympathetic.
(b) There is something in it he needs to recall.
(c) He wants his everyone to know what happened.
(d) He wants his friend to hear the story.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the item in Lancelot's father's sock drawer seem to prove?
2. What is one of the reasons why Elgin has done anything for Lancelot?
3. Who does the girl next door remind Lancelot of?
4. After dinner, Lancelot checked in again on his daughter and ignored what, once again?
5. What is the pigeoneer been turned into?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Margot doing the summer Siobhan was conceived?
2. How did Margot show an interest in Belle Island the first night Lancelot met her?
3. When does Lancelot claim to remember why he is in the hospital?
4. How does Lancelot explain that the girl in the room next to his is still virginal after the brutal attack she suffered?
5. How did Lancelot feel about Lucy's death?
6. When Lancelot went to say goodnight to Siobhan and Tex, what did Tex pester Lancelot about?
7. What is Ideo-Personal-Dynamics?
8. What does Elgin report about Margot's night at the Holiday Inn?
9. Why is Lancelot obsessed with Margot's infidelity?
10. For what reason does Elgin think he is going to the Holiday Inn?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)