|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What later made Margot happy in the relationship with Lancelot?
(a) Renovating Belle Isle.
(d) Love of Belle Isle.
2. At the end of Chapter 4, where did Lancelot ask Elgin to go?
(a) To the Marriott.
(b) To the Residence Inn.
(c) To the Holiday Inn.
(d) To the Hyatt.
3. What did Lancelot continue to hold onto at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) His doubts of Margot's infidelity.
(b) His doubts of Elgin's truthful report.
(c) His doubts his marriage.
(d) His doubts about Lucy.
4. Why was Lancelot staying in the pigeoneer at the time of his wife's infidelity?
(a) To make room for the guests.
(b) Because he and his wife were fighting.
(c) Because he and his wife were seperated.
(d) To make room for his wife's hobbies.
5. In Chapter 5, who appeared bored during the dinner conversation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Margot suggest to Lancelot while they talked on the rainy night?
2. What was on the form that concerned Lancelot?
3. In Chapter 3, what did Elgin say the group of people had been doing before returning to Belle Isle?
4. What did Lancelot ask Elgin to do at the hotel at the end of Chapter 4?
5. In Chapter 3, Lancelot describes falling into a rut after giving up his occupation and his pursuits, and the rut revolving around what two things?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what reason does Elgin think he is going to the Holiday Inn?
2. When does Lancelot claim to remember why he is in the hospital?
3. What is the difference between Lancelot's attraction to each wife?
4. How does Lancelot appear to be growing more unstable as the story continues?
5. What is Lancelot's design for a new world?
6. Lancelot compares his discovery of his wife's infidelity to what?
7. How did Lancelot know the Grand Kleagle and what did he do to him?
8. As the story continues, what does Lancelot lose touch with?
9. Instead of going upstairs after dinner, where did Lancelot go?
10. What happened to Lancelot's first wife?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)