|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, who talked with Lancelot about Ideo-Personal-Dynamics during dinner?
2. What was Lancelot's wife doing the summer his daughter was conceived?
(a) Attending graduate school.
(b) Visiting her parents.
(c) Attending an acting seminar.
(d) Settling at the new home.
3. What did Lancelot believe his wife was making him out to be?
(a) A hero.
(b) A neurotic husband.
(c) A fool.
(d) An evil husband.
4. After dinner, Lancelot checked in again on his daughter and ignored what, once again?
(a) His daughter playing with things that were not hers.
(b) His daughter's general loneliness.
(c) His daughter's unhappiness in her grandfather's company.
(d) His daughter's general unhappiness.
5. What was Lancelot doing when he learned of his wife's infidelity?
(a) Reading a book.
(b) Shooting pigeons.
(c) Signing paperwork.
(d) Drinking scotch at the bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when Lancelot joined into the dinner conversation in Chapter 5?
2. What did Lancelot ask Elgin to do at the hotel at the end of Chapter 4?
3. Who is Margot?
4. Who did Elgin report was also at the hotel that night?
5. What did Margot suggest to Lancelot while they talked on the rainy night?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Lancelot feel about Lucy's death?
2. How did Margot show an interest in Belle Island the first night Lancelot met her?
3. How does Lancelot attempt to talk to the girl in the room next door?
4. Instead of going upstairs after dinner, where did Lancelot go?
5. When Lancelot told his mother that his father was corrupt, what did his mother say?
6. What is the difference between Lancelot's attraction to each wife?
7. Lancelot compares his discovery of his wife's infidelity to what?
8. What happened to Lancelot's first wife?
9. Who is Elgin?
10. What did Margot do to the pigeonnier?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)