|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what did Lancelot do regarding the girl next door the day before the Chapter begins?
(a) Wrote her a love letter.
(b) Tapped on her wall.
(c) Punched her.
(d) Went to see her.
2. In Chapter 5, Lancelot repeatedly comes back to what question?
(a) Whether or not he wanted to be married to Margot.
(b) Whether or not he wanted to have sex with Margot.
(c) Whether or not he loved Margot.
(d) Whether or not he wanted to have a child with Margot.
3. Where did Lancelot see his wife flirting after dinner?
(a) The parlor.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The living room.
(d) The bedroom.
4. What does Lancelot admit in Chapter 5?
(a) That he has a certain obsession with Margot.
(b) That he loves Margot.
(c) That he wants a child with Margot.
(d) That he and Margot will never be together.
5. Lancelot compared the way he felt when he discovered the item in his father's sock drawer to what other event?
(a) When he learned of his mother's infidelity.
(b) When he learned of his wife's infidelity.
(c) When he learned he was not who he thought he was.
(d) When he learned his father had killed his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lancelot admit to his friend at the end of Chapter 5?
2. Lancelot mentions he gave up what specific hobby/pursuit in addition to his occupation?
3. What made Lancelot give up the two things he had been doing while in the rut?
4. When does Lancelot begin to regain his memory?
5. In Chapter 4, what does Lancelot refer to Lucy as?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Lancelot's job when he married Margot?
2. Does Lancelot believe Elgin, that Margot is faithful to him?
3. Why would Elgin do anything for Lancelot?
4. What did Lancelot feel when Raine flirted with him?
5. Lancelot compares his discovery of his wife's infidelity to what?
6. What is the difference between Lancelot's attraction to each wife?
7. When Raine flirted with him, what did Lancelot think might be the reason?
8. How does Lancelot attempt to talk to the girl in the room next door?
9. How does Lancelot explain that the girl in the room next to his is still virginal after the brutal attack she suffered?
10. What did Margot do to the pigeonnier?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)