|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Lancelot and Margot sit while they talked on the rainy night?
(a) Sat on a bench.
(b) Lay on a mattress.
(c) Sat on haystacks.
(d) Lay on a bench.
2. In Chapter 3, Lancelot describes falling into a rut after giving up his occupation and his pursuits, and the rut revolving around what two things?
(a) Gun collecting and alcohol.
(b) The news and birding.
(c) Gun collecting and birding.
(d) Alcohol and the news.
3. In truth, who was the Grand Kleagle?
(a) A friend of Lancelot's from school.
(b) A cousin of Lancelot's from his childhood home.
(c) An enemy of Lancelot from his childhood home.
(d) An enemy of Lancelot's from school.
4. Lancelot mentions he gave up what specific hobby/pursuit in addition to his occupation?
(b) Stamp collecting.
5. Where did Lancelot invite Margot to go to dry off on the rainy night?
(a) The boat.
(b) The pigeonnier.
(c) The church.
(d) The house.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, Lancelot inquired with Elgin whether what item still worked?
2. Where did Harry say that Elgin was a student?
3. Who is Siobhan?
4. When did Lancelot start to give up his occupation?
5. What was a major part of Lancelot and Margot's early relationship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lancelot believe love causes?
2. Lancelot compares his discovery of his wife's infidelity to what?
3. Why does Lancelot think Margot is doing more than watching rushes at the Holiday Inn?
4. Does Lancelot believe Elgin, that Margot is faithful to him?
5. Instead of going upstairs after dinner, where did Lancelot go?
6. What is the difference between Lancelot's attraction to each wife?
7. How does Lancelot explain that the girl in the room next to his is still virginal after the brutal attack she suffered?
8. Why is Lancelot obsessed with Margot's infidelity?
9. For what reason does Elgin think he is going to the Holiday Inn?
10. How did Lancelot feel about Lucy's death?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)