|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What condition does Margot appear to have been in the night Elgin was watching the hotel?
(b) In love.
(c) In the hospital.
2. Where did Lancelot go after leaving Tex and Siobhan?
(a) The beach.
(b) The boat.
(c) The pigeonnier.
(d) The courtyard.
3. What does Lancelot claim is the cause of all the societal downfalls in history?
4. What happened when Lancelot joined into the dinner conversation in Chapter 5?
(a) He illustrated his knowledge of films and made Lucy proud.
(b) He misunderstood the point and embarrassed Lucy.
(c) He misunderstood the point and embarrassed Margot.
(d) He illustrated his knowledge of films and made Margot proud.
5. Lancelot's family has deep roots in what region of the US?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 4, in Lancelot's story, what was Margot's job on the rainy night?
2. Who is Siobhan?
3. Who does the girl next door remind Lancelot of?
4. Lancelot compared the way he felt when he discovered the item in his father's sock drawer to what other event?
5. Who was a guest a Belle Isle at the time Lancelot discovered his wife's infidelity?
Short Essay Questions
1. As the story continues, what does Lancelot lose touch with?
2. How does Lancelot explain that the girl in the room next to his is still virginal after the brutal attack she suffered?
3. Instead of going upstairs after dinner, where did Lancelot go?
4. What happened to Lancelot's first wife?
5. Lancelot compares his discovery of his wife's infidelity to what?
6. Why would Elgin do anything for Lancelot?
7. When Lancelot went to say goodnight to Siobhan and Tex, what did Tex pester Lancelot about?
8. Who is Elgin?
9. Does Lancelot believe Elgin, that Margot is faithful to him?
10. Why is Lancelot obsessed with Margot's infidelity?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)