|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What location was chosen to be on the Azalea trail?
(a) New York.
(b) South Carolina.
(c) The Mountains.
(d) Belle Isle.
2. In Chapter 5, who dominated the dinner conversation?
(d) Janos Jacoby.
3. Where did Lancelot see his friend walking in Chapter 2?
(a) With Lancelot's wife in the garden.
(b) Through the courtyard to the castle outside Lancelot's window.
(c) With Lancelot's mother in the garden.
(d) Through the cemetery that sits outside Lancelot's window.
4. Who did Lancelot try to speak with yesterday through a complicated knocking system?
(a) The girl in the room next to his.
(b) The woman who lived in the castle next door.
(c) The man in prison.
(d) His friend in prison.
5. When Lancelot talks about the past in Chapter 5, what does he feel he needs to create?
(a) A new life, a new world.
(b) Closure on his past life.
(c) A new family.
(d) A better friendship with his friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Lancelot call for after he returned home for lunch?
2. What did Lancelot continue to hold onto at the end of Chapter 5?
3. Who does Lancelot welcome in a meeting in Chapter 1?
4. In Chapter 5, what did Lancelot do regarding the girl next door the day before the Chapter begins?
5. What condition does Margot appear to have been in the night Elgin was watching the hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lancelot appear to be growing more unstable as the story continues?
2. How did Margot show an interest in Belle Island the first night Lancelot met her?
3. Does Lancelot love Morgan?
4. How does Lancelot explain that the girl in the room next to his is still virginal after the brutal attack she suffered?
5. What did Margot do to the pigeonnier?
6. Who is Elgin?
7. For what reason does Elgin think he is going to the Holiday Inn?
8. As the story continues, what does Lancelot lose touch with?
9. Lancelot compares his discovery of his wife's infidelity to what?
10. What did Lancelot feel when Raine flirted with him?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)