|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After dinner, Lancelot checked in again on his daughter and ignored what, once again?
(a) His daughter's unhappiness in her grandfather's company.
(b) His daughter playing with things that were not hers.
(c) His daughter's general unhappiness.
(d) His daughter's general loneliness.
2. How old is Lancelot's daughter in Chapter 5?
3. In Chapter 5, returning to his story, Lancelot talks about another dinner centering around what topic?
(a) The people in film.
(b) The semiotics of film.
(c) The importance of location in film.
(d) The history of film.
4. After leaving the table at the normal time after dinner in Chapter 3, who did Lancelot say goodnight to?
5. Where did Lancelot go after leaving Tex and Siobhan?
(a) The pigeonnier.
(b) The beach.
(c) The boat.
(d) The courtyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Margot suggest to Lancelot while they talked on the rainy night?
2. Who has recently died at the beginning of Chapter 1?
3. Where did Lancelot invite Margot to go to dry off on the rainy night?
4. What did the girl next door answer Lancelot's knock with?
5. Where did Harry say that Elgin was a student?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lancelot think Margot is doing more than watching rushes at the Holiday Inn?
2. Lancelot wants to create his own world where women will be treated how?
3. Despite being able to leave the hospital, Lancelot continues to claim what?
4. When Lancelot went to say goodnight to Siobhan and Tex, what did Tex pester Lancelot about?
5. What was wrong with the tapes Elgin made for Lancelot?
6. What does Lancelot think about his son's decision to become a homosexual?
7. What does Lancelot confess about his feelings the night of the killing?
8. Does Lancelot believe Elgin, that Margot is faithful to him?
9. What was Margot doing the summer Siobhan was conceived?
10. What is the difference between Lancelot's attraction to each wife?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)