|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What place was across the street, that Lancelot could see out his window?
(a) A pornographic theater.
(b) A pet store.
(c) A movie theater.
(d) A bookstore.
2. A memory in Chapter 7 triggered Lancelot to recall what story?
(a) The first hurricane he survived.
(b) The first time he had sex.
(c) The first time he left home to work.
(d) The first time he made love to Margot.
3. What was the plot of the wife's movie?
(a) Sexually-charged, seemingly without meaning or substance.
(b) Two lovers united and seperated in one night and reunited over years of searching.
(c) Sexually-charged, about two lovers in the library.
(d) Full of meaning and substance, focused on love.
4. What did Lancelot want to put in each guest bedroom?
(a) A chair.
(b) A framed, autographed picture of the actors.
(c) A hidden camera.
(d) A bed.
5. What does Lancelot say he will no longer abide by?
(a) The sexual passion between two unmarried people.
(b) The sexual limitations between two married people.
(c) The sexual freedoms expressed in the world today.
(d) The sexual limitations of society.
6. What was Lancelot's daughter discussing with the local librarian?
(a) Percival's theory of love.
(b) Lancelot's idea of dating.
(c) The library's role in the movie.
(d) Raine's spiritual convictions.
7. Does Lancelot intend to continue his relationship with Anna?
(a) Yes, Anna is leaving with him that day.
(b) Yes, he hopes Anna will join him soon.
(c) No, he never wants to see Anna again.
(d) No, Anna is going to stay for a long time where she is.
8. What has truly changed for Lancelot by the end of Chapter 9?
(a) Lancelot's view of actors.
(b) Lancelot's view of children.
(c) Lancelot's view of women.
9. In Lancelot's weather story in Chapter 7, what did the couple in the story confess?
(a) Their children born out of wedlock.
(b) Their infidelity.
(c) Their unhappiness.
(d) Their love.
10. In Chapter 8, Lancelot makes a large bank withdrawal of how much?
(a) Seventy-five thousand dollars.
(b) A hundred and seventy-five thousand dollars.
(c) Two hundred thousand dollars.
(d) Fifty thousand dollars.
11. What did Lancelot do to rescue the conversation with Janos?
(a) Yelled out for his wife.
(b) Brought another person into the conversation.
(c) Left the location.
(d) Changed the subject.
12. On one tape Lancelot watches, Janos is doing what?
(a) Janos is having sex with Raine.
(b) Janos is having sex with Troy and Raine.
(c) Janos is in bed with Margot.
(d) Janos is in bed with Lucy.
13. How many people did Lancelot kill that night?
14. Why does Lancelot support the decision in Chapter 7 of the individual to be a homosexual?
(a) Because nature dictates sexuality.
(b) Because of the immorality of women.
(c) Because of the scarcity of moral women in America.
(d) Because Lancelot respects the person's sexual choices.
15. At the end of the book, where does Lancelot say he plans to go once he leaves where he is currently at?
(a) Belle Isle.
(d) New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, where did Lancelot fall asleep under the spell of the pill?
2. In Chapter 7, Lancelot beings to talk about what?
3. In Chapter 7, Lancelot talks about the weather, telling his friend a story about what?
4. What was headed to New Orleans as the movie moved into its final day of shooting?
5. After Lancelot makes his first visit in Chapter 8 after viewing the tapes, who else does he encounter that is deeply afraid of the storm and decides to move on as well?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)