|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lancelot do to rescue the conversation with Janos?
(a) Left the location.
(b) Changed the subject.
(c) Yelled out for his wife.
(d) Brought another person into the conversation.
2. What does Lancelot say he feels now about the deaths?
3. What did Lancelot tell the bank manager he was doing with the money he withdrew from the bank in Chapter 8?
(a) Giving it to NAACP.
(b) Giving it to the Negro College Fund.
(c) Giving it to a local charity.
(d) Giving it to the American Red Cross.
4. What did Lancelot arrange for Elgin to buy?
(b) Car parts.
(c) Video equipment.
5. What did Lancelot want to put in each guest bedroom?
(a) A chair.
(b) A hidden camera.
(c) A bed.
(d) A framed, autographed picture of the actors.
6. After Lancelot makes his first visit in Chapter 8 after viewing the tapes, who else does he encounter that is deeply afraid of the storm and decides to move on as well?
7. In Chapter 6, in her role, what did Lancelot's wife do?
(a) Made love in the guest house with her lover.
(b) Shunned a loyal lover and subject.
(c) Made love in the stacks with a mysterious stranger.
(d) Made love in her bedroom with her guard.
8. In Chapter 6, what was the announcement?
(a) Lucy was moving to Hollywood to work for Raine.
(b) Janos was moving to Hollywood to work for Raine.
(c) Lucy was moving to Hollywood to work for Janos.
(d) Raine was moving to Hollywood to work for Janos.
9. What did Lancelot's wife announce to him when he arrived home on the last day of movie shooting after he made the suggestion?
(a) She was pregnant.
(b) She was leaving to return to her parents' house.
(c) She was leaving Lancelot for another man.
(d) She was leaving to shoot another movie.
10. Where will Lancelot be leaving later in the day at the end of the book?
(a) Belle Isle.
(b) New Orleans.
(c) The hospital.
11. In Chapter 6, what role was Lancelot's wife playing?
(a) A lover.
(b) A queen.
(c) A princess.
(d) A librarian.
12. At the end of Chapter 9, what does Lancelot continue to claim he is going to create?
(a) Moral women.
(b) A virtuous world.
(c) A new world.
(d) A sexual world.
13. Lancelot spoke with Janos and who else when he went to see his wife?
14. In Chapter 7, in preparation for the storm, what did Lancelot come home to find his wife doing?
(a) Putting up boards on the windows.
(b) Putting away groceries she had purchased.
(c) Closing the windows.
(d) Packing their prized possessions.
15. Where did Lancelot find his wife when he came home on the final day of shooting for the movie?
(a) In the parlor.
(b) In the bedroom.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the belvedere.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, where did Lancelot go to watch his wife act?
2. At the start of Chapter 8, Lancelot is watching what movies?
3. Where did Lancelot go after the conversation with Janos?
4. In Chapter 7, Lancelot talks about the weather, telling his friend a story about what?
5. Who does Lancelot ask questions of at the end of Chapter 9?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)