|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what did Lancelot tell Elgin to do?
(a) Stay away from Lucy.
(b) Take his family and leave New Orleans.
(c) Take his family and leave Belle Isle.
(d) Stay away from Margot.
2. Percival was whose nickname in college?
3. In Chapter 6, Lancelot says he is reliving his __________?
4. What does Lancelot convince Tex to do in Chapter 8?
(a) Get revenge on Janos.
(b) Kill Troy and Raine.
(c) Take Siobhan to Texas to avoid the hurricane.
(d) Get revenge on Margot.
5. At the end of Chapter 6, Lancelot tells a story about whom?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His wife.
(c) His mother.
(d) His grandfather.
6. A memory in Chapter 7 triggered Lancelot to recall what story?
(a) The first hurricane he survived.
(b) The first time he made love to Margot.
(c) The first time he left home to work.
(d) The first time he had sex.
7. What did Janos speak with Lancelot about when Lancelot visited his wife?
(a) Explained the artistic meaning behind the scene.
(b) Explained which actors were in the scene.
(c) Explained the purpose behind the scene.
(d) Explained the reason for the choice of location for the scene.
8. What place was across the street, that Lancelot could see out his window?
(a) A movie theater.
(b) A bookstore.
(c) A pornographic theater.
(d) A pet store.
9. In Chapter 8, Lancelot kills the movie people, but not before having sex with who?
(c) His wife.
10. In Chapter 7, Lancelot talks about the weather, telling his friend a story about what?
(a) A hurricane that killed Lancelot's parents.
(b) A couple on the cusp of divorce who found themselves trapped in a hurricane.
(c) A tornado Lancelot was trapped in when he was a child.
(d) A furious tsunami that trapped Lancelot's family when they were on vacation fifteen years earlier.
11. What has truly changed for Lancelot by the end of Chapter 9?
(a) Lancelot's view of children.
(b) Lancelot's view of actors.
(c) Lancelot's view of women.
12. In his New World, Lancelot claims there will not be any what?
(a) Sexual movies.
(d) Immoral men.
13. In Chapter 8, when Lancelot awakens after falling asleep from the pill, he thinks he sees which woman?
(a) His mother.
(c) His wife.
14. Where did Lancelot go after the conversation with Janos?
(a) The hotel.
(c) The office.
(d) The library.
15. What did Lancelot tell the bank manager he was doing with the money he withdrew from the bank in Chapter 8?
(a) Giving it to the Negro College Fund.
(b) Giving it to NAACP.
(c) Giving it to a local charity.
(d) Giving it to the American Red Cross.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, Lancelot discusses that ________ is not his actual daughter?
2. How many people did Lancelot kill that night?
3. At the very end of the book, Lancelot talks about the new world with women now who will be like what?
4. Where does Anna agree to let Lancelot begin his New World?
5. At the end of Chapter 9, what does Lancelot continue to claim he is going to create?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)