|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what role was Lancelot's wife playing?
(a) A princess.
(b) A queen.
(c) A lover.
(d) A librarian.
2. Does Lancelot intend to continue his relationship with Anna?
(a) No, Anna is going to stay for a long time where she is.
(b) Yes, he hopes Anna will join him soon.
(c) Yes, Anna is leaving with him that day.
(d) No, he never wants to see Anna again.
3. In Chapter 7, at the end of Lancelot's story about the weather, what happened?
(a) The couple divorced.
(b) Lancelot's family escaped.
(c) The couple re-married.
(d) Lancelot was adopted by a new family.
4. In Lancelot's weather story in Chapter 7, what did the couple in the story confess?
(a) Their children born out of wedlock.
(b) Their unhappiness.
(c) Their infidelity.
(d) Their love.
5. In Chapter 8, Lancelot kills the movie people, but not before having sex with who?
(b) His wife.
6. What did Lancelot convince Lucy to do in Chapter 8?
(a) Not have a relationship with anyone in the movie business.
(b) Not leave New Orleans without him.
(c) Not go to Europe to make any more movies until she finished college.
(d) Return to school to help calm the freshman girls left in the doors.
7. In Chapter 9, Lancelot discusses that ________ is not his actual daughter?
8. In Chapter 7, the theme of the novel continues to grow, and appears to be what?
(a) Lancelot's mind.
(b) Lancelot's insanity.
(c) The virtues of women.
(d) The infidelity of women.
9. Who was the aggressor in Lancelot's relationship story in Chapter 7?
10. Who does Lancelot say will no longer be fooled in the New World?
(b) Moral people.
(d) Virtuous people.
11. Who owns the land Lancelot is going to move to?
12. In Chapter 6, who made an announcement?
13. In Chapter 9, it is possible that Lancelot is trying to convince who that the doctors are planning on letting him out?
(d) The reader.
14. In Chapter 8, when Lancelot awakens after falling asleep from the pill, he thinks he sees which woman?
(a) His wife.
(d) His mother.
15. What did Lancelot tell the bank manager he was doing with the money he withdrew from the bank in Chapter 8?
(a) Giving it to the Negro College Fund.
(b) Giving it to a local charity.
(c) Giving it to NAACP.
(d) Giving it to the American Red Cross.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, when Lancelot returns to his story, what does he say he asked Elgin to make him?
2. At the end of Chapter 7, where did Lancelot's wife tell Lancelot she was heading?
3. What did Lancelot actually do with the money he withdrew from the bank in Chapter 8?
4. In Chapter 7, what does Lancelot believe is ruining the country?
5. What did Lancelot's wife announce to him when he arrived home on the last day of movie shooting after he made the suggestion?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)