|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On one tape Lancelot watches, Janos is doing what?
(a) Janos is in bed with Margot.
(b) Janos is having sex with Raine.
(c) Janos is having sex with Troy and Raine.
(d) Janos is in bed with Lucy.
2. In Chapter 8, Lancelot makes a large bank withdrawal of how much?
(a) Two hundred thousand dollars.
(b) Seventy-five thousand dollars.
(c) A hundred and seventy-five thousand dollars.
(d) Fifty thousand dollars.
3. In Chapter 7, the theme of the novel continues to grow, and appears to be what?
(a) The virtues of women.
(b) Lancelot's mind.
(c) The infidelity of women.
(d) Lancelot's insanity.
4. In Chapter 7, Lancelot talks about the weather, telling his friend a story about what?
(a) A furious tsunami that trapped Lancelot's family when they were on vacation fifteen years earlier.
(b) A tornado Lancelot was trapped in when he was a child.
(c) A hurricane that killed Lancelot's parents.
(d) A couple on the cusp of divorce who found themselves trapped in a hurricane.
5. In Chapter 6, what was the announcement?
(a) Raine was moving to Hollywood to work for Janos.
(b) Lucy was moving to Hollywood to work for Janos.
(c) Lucy was moving to Hollywood to work for Raine.
(d) Janos was moving to Hollywood to work for Raine.
6. At the end of Chapter 6, Lancelot tells a story about whom?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His wife.
(d) His mother.
7. In Chapter 6, Lancelot says he is reliving his __________?
8. What does Lancelot say he will no longer abide by?
(a) The sexual limitations of society.
(b) The sexual passion between two unmarried people.
(c) The sexual limitations between two married people.
(d) The sexual freedoms expressed in the world today.
9. What did Lancelot's wife announce to him when he arrived home on the last day of movie shooting after he made the suggestion?
(a) She was pregnant.
(b) She was leaving to shoot another movie.
(c) She was leaving Lancelot for another man.
(d) She was leaving to return to her parents' house.
10. A memory in Chapter 7 triggered Lancelot to recall what story?
(a) The first hurricane he survived.
(b) The first time he had sex.
(c) The first time he made love to Margot.
(d) The first time he left home to work.
11. Does Lancelot intend to continue his relationship with Anna?
(a) Yes, he hopes Anna will join him soon.
(b) No, Anna is going to stay for a long time where she is.
(c) No, he never wants to see Anna again.
(d) Yes, Anna is leaving with him that day.
12. In Chapter 9, what does the person that Lancelot is asking the questions of respond when asked the questions?
(a) Lengthy answers.
(b) A story of Lancelot's life.
(d) Yes or no.
13. In Lancelot's weather story in Chapter 7, what did the couple in the story confess?
(a) Their children born out of wedlock.
(b) Their infidelity.
(c) Their love.
(d) Their unhappiness.
14. In Chapter 6, where did Lancelot go to watch his wife act?
(a) The beach.
(b) The movie set.
(c) The hotel.
(d) The house.
15. Who does Lancelot say will no longer be fooled in the New World?
(c) Moral people.
(d) Virtuous people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has truly changed for Lancelot by the end of Chapter 9?
2. At the end of Chapter 7, who was shooting another movie in London following the movie that was in its final day of shooting?
3. In Chapter 9, Lancelot discusses that ________ is not his actual daughter?
4. Lancelot's quest was to find what?
5. In Chapter 7, Lancelot again discusses the New World he is going to build around whom?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)