|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, where were Raine, Troy and Janos going to watch the storm blow in?
(a) In the hotel, in the ballroom with the other guests.
(b) In the belvedere with Margot.
(c) On the movie set with the crew.
(d) Inland at the studio offices.
2. After Lancelot makes his first visit in Chapter 8 after viewing the tapes, who else does he encounter that is deeply afraid of the storm and decides to move on as well?
3. What has truly changed for Lancelot by the end of Chapter 9?
(b) Lancelot's view of actors.
(c) Lancelot's view of women.
(d) Lancelot's view of children.
4. In Chapter 9, Lancelot discusses that ________ is not his actual daughter?
5. In Chapter 7, Lancelot beings to talk about what?
(a) How America is becoming an immoral place.
(b) How America is no longer the center of movie filming.
(c) How America undervalues women.
(d) How America doesn't distinguish between moral and amoral women.
6. Lancelot feels as though he has his proof, but what is wrong with the movies?
(a) The quality of the movies is poor and it is unclear where the movies were shot.
(b) The quality of the tapes is poor and it is unclear whether the actors are acting or the movies are real.
(c) The quality of the tapes is poor and it is not completely clear who the actors were.
(d) It is not completely clear who the actors were and it is unclear when the movies were shot.
7. What emotion did Lancelot think the librarian was expressing?
(a) Being starstruck.
(c) In love.
8. Who does Lancelot ask questions of at the end of Chapter 9?
9. In Chapter 7, Lancelot again discusses the New World he is going to build around whom?
(a) New Women.
(b) Moral women.
(d) Sexually moral men.
10. At what time of day did Lancelot kill the people or the person?
(a) In the early morning hours.
(b) At night.
(c) In the daytime.
(d) In the late afternoon.
11. In Chapter 6, in her role, what did Lancelot's wife do?
(a) Made love in the stacks with a mysterious stranger.
(b) Shunned a loyal lover and subject.
(c) Made love in the guest house with her lover.
(d) Made love in her bedroom with her guard.
12. At the end of Chapter 9, where does Lancelot continue to claim they are living?
(a) An over-sexed America.
(b) A modern day sexual world.
(c) A modern day Sodom.
(d) An immoral society.
13. What does Lancelot convince Tex to do in Chapter 8?
(a) Take Siobhan to Texas to avoid the hurricane.
(b) Kill Troy and Raine.
(c) Get revenge on Janos.
(d) Get revenge on Margot.
14. In Chapter 7, at the end of Lancelot's story about the weather, what happened?
(a) Lancelot's family escaped.
(b) Lancelot was adopted by a new family.
(c) The couple re-married.
(d) The couple divorced.
15. Lancelot spoke with Janos and who else when he went to see his wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 7, where did Lancelot's wife tell Lancelot she was heading?
2. In Chapter 7, who is presented as a homosexual?
3. A memory in Chapter 7 triggered Lancelot to recall what story?
4. Who does Lancelot go to see after watching the tapes?
5. At the very end of the book, Lancelot talks about the new world with women now who will be like what?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)