|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lancelot tell the bank manager he was doing with the money he withdrew from the bank in Chapter 8?
(a) Giving it to a local charity.
(b) Giving it to NAACP.
(c) Giving it to the American Red Cross.
(d) Giving it to the Negro College Fund.
2. In Chapter 6, when was the announcement made?
(a) At breakfast.
(b) In the morning.
(c) At lunch.
(d) At dinner.
3. In Chapter 7, what does Lancelot believe is ruining the country?
(a) The immorality of women.
(b) Sexual immorality.
(c) Movies about sexual immorality.
(d) Movies about the immorality of women.
4. At the very end of the book, Lancelot talks about the new world with women now who will be like what?
(a) Perfect, sexual women.
(b) Women who are sexual in nature.
(c) Moral, virtuous women.
(d) Perfect women who do not deceive.
5. A memory in Chapter 7 triggered Lancelot to recall what story?
(a) The first time he made love to Margot.
(b) The first time he had sex.
(c) The first hurricane he survived.
(d) The first time he left home to work.
6. Who does Lancelot go to see after watching the tapes?
(a) Tex and Siobhan.
(d) Troy and Raine.
7. At the end of Chapter 6, Lancelot tells a story about whom?
(a) His wife.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His mother.
8. What did Lancelot actually do with the money he withdrew from the bank in Chapter 8?
(a) Gave it to Elgin to complete his college career.
(b) Gave it to Lucy for her to pursue her acting career.
(c) Gave it to Elgin for his son's surgery.
(d) Gave it to his homosexual son.
9. What did Lancelot do to rescue the conversation with Janos?
(a) Left the location.
(b) Changed the subject.
(c) Brought another person into the conversation.
(d) Yelled out for his wife.
10. In Chapter 6, when Lancelot returns to his story, what does he say he asked Elgin to make him?
(a) A raft.
(b) A movie.
(c) A car.
11. In Chapter 9, Lancelot discusses that ________ is not his actual daughter?
12. In Chapter 9, it is possible that Lancelot is trying to convince who that the doctors are planning on letting him out?
(d) The reader.
13. Who does Lancelot say will no longer be fooled in the New World?
(a) Moral people.
(d) Virtuous people.
14. In Chapter 6, where did Lancelot go to watch his wife act?
(a) The movie set.
(b) The hotel.
(c) The house.
(d) The beach.
15. What did Lancelot want to put in each guest bedroom?
(a) A hidden camera.
(b) A chair.
(c) A bed.
(d) A framed, autographed picture of the actors.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his New World, Lancelot claims there will not be any what?
2. In Chapter 8, when Lancelot awakens after falling asleep from the pill, he thinks he sees which woman?
3. At the end of Chapter 7, where did Lancelot's wife tell Lancelot she was heading?
4. What did Lancelot arrange for Elgin to buy?
5. Where did Lancelot find his wife when he came home on the final day of shooting for the movie?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)