|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Lancelot try to speak with yesterday through a complicated knocking system?
(a) The man in prison.
(b) The girl in the room next to his.
(c) His friend in prison.
(d) The woman who lived in the castle next door.
2. When does Lancelot begin to regain his memory?
(a) When he kills his mother.
(b) When he meets with an old childhood friend in his room.
(c) When he steps into the hallway to meet with the nurse.
(d) When he meets with the priest.
3. When Elgin returned with his reports from the hotel, what did Elgin report that he couldn't see?
(a) Anything after midnight, because he fell asleep.
(b) Anything past the lobby, because that was as far as he could go.
(c) What was going on in the rooms.
(d) Any infidelity.
4. Where did Lancelot see his wife flirting after dinner?
(a) The living room.
(b) The bedroom.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The parlor.
5. When did Lancelot meet Margot?
(a) When she was a belle for the Apple Festival.
(b) When she was queen for homecoming.
(c) When she was queen for the town parade.
(d) When she was a belle for the Azalea Festival.
6. In truth, who was the Grand Kleagle?
(a) A friend of Lancelot's from school.
(b) A cousin of Lancelot's from his childhood home.
(c) An enemy of Lancelot from his childhood home.
(d) An enemy of Lancelot's from school.
7. When did Lancelot start to give up his occupation?
(a) After his accident.
(b) After marrying his wife.
(c) After the birth of his daughter.
(d) After becoming an oil surveyor.
8. Where did Lancelot invite Margot to go to dry off on the rainy night?
(a) The pigeonnier.
(b) The house.
(c) The church.
(d) The boat.
9. What did Lancelot pick up from the desk that needed his signature on the day he found out about his wife's infidelity?
(a) His daughter's day care application.
(b) His daughter's elementary school application.
(c) His daughter's camp application.
(d) His daughter's college application.
10. At the beginning of Chapter 4, in Lancelot's story, what was Margot's job on the rainy night?
(a) To be a judge in the Miss Belle Isle contest.
(b) To welcome tourists at the door.
(c) To work the Belle Isle festival.
(d) To welcome tourists at the boat dock.
11. In Chapter 1, Lancelot denies what?
(a) Knowledge of where he currently is.
(b) Knowledge of where his wife is.
(c) Knowledge of the events leading to his confinement.
(d) Knowledge of where his friend is located.
12. What was a major part of Lancelot and Margot's early relationship?
13. What did Tex nag Lancelot about after dinner?
(a) A will and testimony.
(b) A piece of land.
(c) A gas well.
(d) An oil drill site.
14. Where was Lancelot's wife the summer his daughter was conceived?
(a) In California.
(b) At home.
(c) In Europe.
(d) In Texas.
15. What was Lancelot doing when he learned of his wife's infidelity?
(a) Signing paperwork.
(b) Shooting pigeons.
(c) Reading a book.
(d) Drinking scotch at the bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Lancelot at the beginning of Chapter 1?
2. What did Lancelot do the night he learned of his wife's infidelity?
3. What does Lancelot admit to his friend at the end of Chapter 5?
4. In Chapter 3, Lancelot continues with his story, and asks Elgin what time which group of people had come back to Belle Isle?
5. When Lancelot talks about the past in Chapter 5, what does he feel he needs to create?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)