|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What later made Margot happy in the relationship with Lancelot?
(b) Renovating Belle Isle.
(c) Love of Belle Isle.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 4, in Lancelot's story, what was Margot's job on the rainy night?
(a) To welcome tourists at the door.
(b) To work the Belle Isle festival.
(c) To be a judge in the Miss Belle Isle contest.
(d) To welcome tourists at the boat dock.
3. What does Lancelot admit in Chapter 5?
(a) That he has a certain obsession with Margot.
(b) That he wants a child with Margot.
(c) That he and Margot will never be together.
(d) That he loves Margot.
4. Who flirted with Lancelot at the dinner in Chapter 3?
(d) The actors.
5. Where did Lancelot see his wife flirting after dinner?
(a) The living room.
(b) The bedroom.
(c) The parlor.
(d) The kitchen.
6. Lancelot learns that the girl next door is there for what reason?
(a) Because she participated in the killing of three women.
(b) Because she was brutally raped by three men.
(c) Because she had a mental breakdown.
(d) Because she killed three men.
7. What did Lancelot do to make his feelings to Lucy known?
(a) Nothing. Lucy had to make the first move.
(b) Lancelot told Lucy what he felt about her.
(c) Lancelot bought Lucy presents.
(d) Nothing. Lucy could tell he loved her.
8. In Chapter 5, what did Lancelot do regarding the girl next door the day before the Chapter begins?
(a) Went to see her.
(b) Wrote her a love letter.
(c) Tapped on her wall.
(d) Punched her.
9. What did Lancelot usually do after dinner and saying goodnight to the person?
(a) Read to his daughter.
(b) Worked on writing a book.
(c) Settled down to watch the evening news.
(d) Wandered around the house.
10. What topic does Lancelot discuss with his friend in Chapter 2?
11. When Elgin returned with his reports from the hotel, what did Elgin report that he couldn't see?
(a) What was going on in the rooms.
(b) Anything after midnight, because he fell asleep.
(c) Any infidelity.
(d) Anything past the lobby, because that was as far as he could go.
12. What happened when Lancelot joined into the dinner conversation in Chapter 5?
(a) He misunderstood the point and embarrassed Lucy.
(b) He misunderstood the point and embarrassed Margot.
(c) He illustrated his knowledge of films and made Margot proud.
(d) He illustrated his knowledge of films and made Lucy proud.
13. Who did Lancelot call for after he returned home for lunch?
14. In Chapter 3, Lancelot inquired with Elgin whether what item still worked?
(a) The boat.
(b) The car.
(c) The dumbwaiter beside the fireplace.
(d) The beach vehicle.
15. What is Ideo-Personal-Dynamics?
(a) A cult-like group.
(b) A new type of psychology.
(c) A new yoga troupe.
(d) A new type of interpersonal relations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lancelot compared the way he felt when he discovered the item in his father's sock drawer to what other event?
2. When did Lancelot start to give up his occupation?
3. Who is Merlin?
4. What did Lancelot say he found in his father's sock drawer when he was a little boy?
5. Who did Elgin report was also at the hotel that night?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)