|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Lancelot try to speak with yesterday through a complicated knocking system?
(a) The man in prison.
(b) His friend in prison.
(c) The woman who lived in the castle next door.
(d) The girl in the room next to his.
2. What happened when Lancelot joined into the dinner conversation in Chapter 5?
(a) He illustrated his knowledge of films and made Margot proud.
(b) He illustrated his knowledge of films and made Lucy proud.
(c) He misunderstood the point and embarrassed Lucy.
(d) He misunderstood the point and embarrassed Margot.
3. What did Lancelot believe his wife was making him out to be?
(a) A neurotic husband.
(b) A fool.
(c) An evil husband.
(d) A hero.
4. What was Lancelot's wife doing the summer his daughter was conceived?
(a) Attending graduate school.
(b) Visiting her parents.
(c) Settling at the new home.
(d) Attending an acting seminar.
5. In truth, who was the Grand Kleagle?
(a) A friend of Lancelot's from school.
(b) An enemy of Lancelot's from school.
(c) A cousin of Lancelot's from his childhood home.
(d) An enemy of Lancelot from his childhood home.
6. At the beginning of Chapter 4, in Lancelot's story, what was Margot's job on the rainy night?
(a) To be a judge in the Miss Belle Isle contest.
(b) To welcome tourists at the boat dock.
(c) To work the Belle Isle festival.
(d) To welcome tourists at the door.
7. What later made Margot happy in the relationship with Lancelot?
(a) Love of Belle Isle.
(d) Renovating Belle Isle.
8. In Chapter 3, what time does Elgin say the group of people returned to Belle Isle?
(a) After ten.
(b) After three.
(c) After six.
(d) After midnight.
9. In Chapter 5, who talked with Lancelot about Ideo-Personal-Dynamics during dinner?
10. Where is Lancelot at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) At school.
(b) In a mental institute.
(c) At his home in the south.
(d) At the home of his childhood friend.
11. What did Lancelot claim to Elgin he was afraid of at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Lucy was cheating on Lancelot.
(b) Lucy was heavily drinking.
(c) Lucy was doing drugs.
(d) Lucy had been kidnapped.
12. Who did Elgin report was also at the hotel that night?
13. After dinner, Lancelot checked in again on his daughter and ignored what, once again?
(a) His daughter's unhappiness in her grandfather's company.
(b) His daughter's general unhappiness.
(c) His daughter playing with things that were not hers.
(d) His daughter's general loneliness.
14. What did Lancelot do the night he learned of his wife's infidelity?
(a) He burned the house down.
(b) He killed his wife.
(c) He waited up for her to return home.
(d) He wrote her a note and left the house.
15. Why is Lancelot telling his story?
(a) He wants his friend to be sympathetic.
(b) There is something in it he needs to recall.
(c) He wants his everyone to know what happened.
(d) He wants his friend to hear the story.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Lancelot give up the two things he had been doing while in the rut?
2. What did the girl next door answer Lancelot's knock with?
3. Who did Lancelot call for after he returned home for lunch?
4. When does Lancelot begin to regain his memory?
5. What drew Lancelot to Margot?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)