|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the reasons why Elgin has done anything for Lancelot?
(a) He believed Lancelot had saved his family from a vengeful Grand Kleagle.
(b) Elgin loved Lancelot's wife.
(c) Elgin was a blood relative of Lancelot.
(d) Lancelot had saved Elgin from a burning building.
2. What is Ideo-Personal-Dynamics?
(a) A new type of psychology.
(b) A new type of interpersonal relations.
(c) A new yoga troupe.
(d) A cult-like group.
3. Where was Lancelot's wife the summer his daughter was conceived?
(a) In California.
(b) In Texas.
(c) In Europe.
(d) At home.
4. What condition does Margot appear to have been in the night Elgin was watching the hotel?
(a) In the hospital.
(d) In love.
5. What does Lancelot admit to his friend at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Lancelot was actually interested in all Elgin's information.
(b) Lancelot shouldn't have sent Elgin to the hotel.
(c) Lancelot missed Margot.
(d) Lancelot may have been wrong about Margot.
6. Who is Anna?
(a) Lancelot's second wife.
(b) Lancelot's daughter.
(c) Lancelot's first wife.
(d) The girl next door.
7. In Chapter 3, what time does Elgin say the group of people returned to Belle Isle?
(a) After three.
(b) After midnight.
(c) After six.
(d) After ten.
8. What does Lancelot admit in Chapter 5?
(a) That he has a certain obsession with Margot.
(b) That he and Margot will never be together.
(c) That he loves Margot.
(d) That he wants a child with Margot.
9. Where did Lancelot invite Margot to go to dry off on the rainy night?
(a) The church.
(b) The boat.
(c) The house.
(d) The pigeonnier.
10. What did Margot suggest to Lancelot while they talked on the rainy night?
(a) Renovations Lancelot could make to the burned out areas of Belle Isle.
(b) Renovations Lancelot could do to the pigeonnier to turn it into an apartment.
(c) Renovations Lancelot could do to the boat.
(d) Renovations Lancelot could do to the house to turn it into a museum.
11. What did Elgin report that he did see at the hotel?
(a) Nothing, he fell asleep before anything happened.
(b) Margot spending time at the bar with the bartender.
(c) Margot spending time in both Merlin and Jacoby's rooms.
(d) Margot spending time at the bar with Merlin and Jacoby.
12. How old is Lancelot's daughter in Chapter 5?
13. In Chapter 4, what does Lancelot refer to Lucy as?
(a) His sultry bride.
(b) His beautiful bride.
(c) His virgin bride.
(d) His widowed bride.
14. Where did Lancelot and Margot sit while they talked on the rainy night?
(a) Lay on a bench.
(b) Sat on haystacks.
(c) Lay on a mattress.
(d) Sat on a bench.
15. Lancelot learns that the girl next door is there for what reason?
(a) Because she killed three men.
(b) Because she had a mental breakdown.
(c) Because she participated in the killing of three women.
(d) Because she was brutally raped by three men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Lancelot first meet Lucy Cobb?
2. Who flirted with Lancelot at the dinner in Chapter 3?
3. Who has recently died at the beginning of Chapter 1?
4. The day after, Lancelot went where after breakfast?
5. What did Lancelot continue to hold onto at the end of Chapter 5?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)