|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lancelot ask Elgin to do at the hotel at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Watch all the rooms occupied by the movie people.
(b) Watch all the rooms occupied by Belle Isle people.
(c) Watch all the rooms occupied by men.
(d) Watch all the rooms occupied by out of towners.
2. Who is Elgin?
(a) Lancelot's best friend.
(b) Son of Lancelot's best friend.
(c) Son of the family's long time servants.
(d) Son of Lancelot's uncle.
3. Who does the girl next door remind Lancelot of?
4. Who did Lancelot call for after he returned home for lunch?
5. Where did Lancelot and Margot sit while they talked on the rainy night?
(a) Sat on a bench.
(b) Sat on haystacks.
(c) Lay on a mattress.
(d) Lay on a bench.
6. In Chapter 3, Lancelot describes falling into a rut after giving up his occupation and his pursuits, and the rut revolving around what two things?
(a) Gun collecting and alcohol.
(b) Gun collecting and birding.
(c) The news and birding.
(d) Alcohol and the news.
7. Who did Lancelot try to speak with yesterday through a complicated knocking system?
(a) The girl in the room next to his.
(b) The man in prison.
(c) His friend in prison.
(d) The woman who lived in the castle next door.
8. Where is Lancelot at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) In a mental institute.
(b) At the home of his childhood friend.
(c) At his home in the south.
(d) At school.
9. Who has recently died at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) Lancelot's first wife.
(b) Lancelot's daughter.
(c) Lancelot's second wife.
(d) Lancelot's son.
10. What was a major part of Lancelot and Margot's early relationship?
11. When Lancelot talks about the past in Chapter 5, what does he feel he needs to create?
(a) A new family.
(b) A new life, a new world.
(c) Closure on his past life.
(d) A better friendship with his friend.
12. In Chapter 5, who appeared bored during the dinner conversation?
13. Lancelot learns that the girl next door is there for what reason?
(a) Because she had a mental breakdown.
(b) Because she participated in the killing of three women.
(c) Because she killed three men.
(d) Because she was brutally raped by three men.
14. Where had Margot rebuilt a burned section of Belle Isle?
(a) Over a gas well.
(b) On Tex's property.
(c) On property with disputed ownership.
(d) On the eastern side of the island.
15. What did Lancelot claim to Elgin he was afraid of at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Lucy was cheating on Lancelot.
(b) Lucy was doing drugs.
(c) Lucy was heavily drinking.
(d) Lucy had been kidnapped.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 4, where did Lancelot ask Elgin to go?
2. The day after, Lancelot went where after breakfast?
3. Who is Siobhan?
4. Why is Lancelot telling his story?
5. What drew Lancelot to Margot?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)