|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lancelot say the girl next door is like Lucy?
(a) She, like Lucy, did not deserve what happened to her.
(b) She, like Lucy, was beautiful but disturbed.
(c) The brutality of her experience has returned her to a more innocent place.
(d) The brutality of her experience nearly killed her.
2. Where was Lancelot when he learned of his wife's infidelity?
(a) At Harry's.
(b) At Percival's.
(c) In the gardens.
(d) In the pigeonnier.
3. Where was Lancelot's wife the summer his daughter was conceived?
(a) In Europe.
(b) In California.
(c) At home.
(d) In Texas.
4. In Chapter 5, who dominated the dinner conversation?
(a) Janos Jacoby.
5. Who is Elgin?
(a) Son of the family's long time servants.
(b) Son of Lancelot's best friend.
(c) Lancelot's best friend.
(d) Son of Lancelot's uncle.
6. What did Lancelot do to make his feelings to Lucy known?
(a) Nothing. Lucy could tell he loved her.
(b) Lancelot told Lucy what he felt about her.
(c) Nothing. Lucy had to make the first move.
(d) Lancelot bought Lucy presents.
7. In Chapter 5, who talked with Lancelot about Ideo-Personal-Dynamics during dinner?
8. In Chapter 4, what does Lancelot refer to Lucy as?
(a) His virgin bride.
(b) His beautiful bride.
(c) His sultry bride.
(d) His widowed bride.
9. Who is Tex Reilly?
(a) Troy's father.
(b) Raine's father.
(c) Siobhan's father.
(d) Siobhan's grandfather.
10. How old is Lancelot's daughter in Chapter 5?
11. Who was a guest a Belle Isle at the time Lancelot discovered his wife's infidelity?
(a) Lancelot's brother.
(b) The actor.
(c) The friend.
(d) The doctor.
12. Where did Lancelot invite Margot to go to dry off on the rainy night?
(a) The pigeonnier.
(b) The house.
(c) The boat.
(d) The church.
13. Where did Harry say that Elgin was a student?
(c) Cal Tech.
14. Who is Lucy Cobb?
(a) Lancelot's sister.
(b) Lancelot's second wife.
(c) Lancelot's mother.
(d) Lancelot's first wife.
15. What later made Margot happy in the relationship with Lancelot?
(b) Love of Belle Isle.
(c) Renovating Belle Isle.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Elgin returned with his reports from the hotel, what did Elgin report that he couldn't see?
2. What was a major part of Lancelot and Margot's early relationship?
3. Where did Lancelot and Margot sit while they talked on the rainy night?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 4, in Lancelot's story, what was Margot's job on the rainy night?
5. What did Lancelot claim to Elgin he was afraid of at the end of Chapter 4?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)