|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leaving the table at the normal time after dinner in Chapter 3, who did Lancelot say goodnight to?
2. What did Lancelot believe his wife was making him out to be?
(a) An evil husband.
(b) A fool.
(c) A hero.
(d) A neurotic husband.
3. What did Lancelot continue to hold onto at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) His doubts his marriage.
(b) His doubts of Elgin's truthful report.
(c) His doubts of Margot's infidelity.
(d) His doubts about Lucy.
4. What did Lancelot claim to Elgin he was afraid of at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Lucy was heavily drinking.
(b) Lucy was doing drugs.
(c) Lucy was cheating on Lancelot.
(d) Lucy had been kidnapped.
5. In Chapter 1, Lancelot denies what?
(a) Knowledge of the events leading to his confinement.
(b) Knowledge of where his wife is.
(c) Knowledge of where he currently is.
(d) Knowledge of where his friend is located.
6. In Chapter 2, what is the name of Lancelot's friend?
(a) Harry or Percival.
(b) Percival or Henry.
(c) Harry or Persius.
(d) Persius or Henry.
7. What was Lancelot doing when he learned of his wife's infidelity?
(a) Signing paperwork.
(b) Shooting pigeons.
(c) Drinking scotch at the bar.
(d) Reading a book.
8. What did the item in Lancelot's father's sock drawer seem to prove?
(a) That his father killed his mother.
(b) That his father had a secret home.
(c) That his father was not his biological father.
(d) That his father was a corrupt politician.
9. What happened when Lancelot joined into the dinner conversation in Chapter 5?
(a) He misunderstood the point and embarrassed Margot.
(b) He misunderstood the point and embarrassed Lucy.
(c) He illustrated his knowledge of films and made Lucy proud.
(d) He illustrated his knowledge of films and made Margot proud.
10. Who is Merlin?
(a) The doctor.
(b) The actor.
(c) The friend.
(d) Lancelot's brother.
11. What location was chosen to be on the Azalea trail?
(a) New York.
(b) The Mountains.
(c) South Carolina.
(d) Belle Isle.
12. What did Lancelot ask Elgin to do at the hotel at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Watch all the rooms occupied by out of towners.
(b) Watch all the rooms occupied by the movie people.
(c) Watch all the rooms occupied by men.
(d) Watch all the rooms occupied by Belle Isle people.
13. Who did Elgin report was also at the hotel that night?
14. Who is Elgin?
(a) Lancelot's best friend.
(b) Son of Lancelot's best friend.
(c) Son of the family's long time servants.
(d) Son of Lancelot's uncle.
15. What did Lancelot do to make his feelings to Lucy known?
(a) Nothing. Lucy could tell he loved her.
(b) Lancelot bought Lucy presents.
(c) Nothing. Lucy had to make the first move.
(d) Lancelot told Lucy what he felt about her.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 4, in Lancelot's story, what was Margot's job on the rainy night?
2. What later made Margot happy in the relationship with Lancelot?
3. Who is Tex Reilly?
4. Who has recently died at the beginning of Chapter 1?
5. What does Lancelot admit to his friend at the end of Chapter 5?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)