|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was a guest a Belle Isle at the time Lancelot discovered his wife's infidelity?
(a) The actor.
(b) The doctor.
(c) Lancelot's brother.
(d) The friend.
2. What did Lancelot and Margot share to drink during the rainy night?
(a) A bottle of rum.
(b) A bottle of wine.
(c) A bottle of gin.
(d) A bottle of whiskey.
3. What did Lancelot ask Elgin to do at the hotel at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Watch all the rooms occupied by the movie people.
(b) Watch all the rooms occupied by out of towners.
(c) Watch all the rooms occupied by Belle Isle people.
(d) Watch all the rooms occupied by men.
4. Who did Elgin report was also at the hotel that night?
5. Why was Lancelot staying in the pigeoneer at the time of his wife's infidelity?
(a) Because he and his wife were fighting.
(b) Because he and his wife were seperated.
(c) To make room for his wife's hobbies.
(d) To make room for the guests.
6. Lancelot mentions he gave up what specific hobby/pursuit in addition to his occupation?
(d) Stamp collecting.
7. Who flirted with Lancelot at the dinner in Chapter 3?
(d) The actors.
8. What condition does Margot appear to have been in the night Elgin was watching the hotel?
(c) In the hospital.
(d) In love.
9. What drew Lancelot to Margot?
(a) Her overwhelming sexuality.
(b) Her beauty.
(c) Her overwhelming scent.
(d) Her intelligence.
10. In Chapter 3, Lancelot inquired with Elgin whether what item still worked?
(a) The beach vehicle.
(b) The dumbwaiter beside the fireplace.
(c) The boat.
(d) The car.
11. In Chapter 4, what does Lancelot refer to Lucy as?
(a) His sultry bride.
(b) His beautiful bride.
(c) His widowed bride.
(d) His virgin bride.
12. What made Lancelot give up the two things he had been doing while in the rut?
(a) Learning of a local patient in need.
(b) Learning his wife was pregnant.
(c) Learning of his wife's infidelity.
(d) Learning of Tex's wealth.
13. Why is Lancelot telling his story?
(a) He wants his friend to be sympathetic.
(b) He wants his everyone to know what happened.
(c) There is something in it he needs to recall.
(d) He wants his friend to hear the story.
14. After leaving the table at the normal time after dinner in Chapter 3, who did Lancelot say goodnight to?
15. After dinner, Lancelot checked in again on his daughter and ignored what, once again?
(a) His daughter's general unhappiness.
(b) His daughter's unhappiness in her grandfather's company.
(c) His daughter playing with things that were not hers.
(d) His daughter's general loneliness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had Margot rebuilt a burned section of Belle Isle?
2. Where was Lancelot when he learned of his wife's infidelity?
3. Where was Lancelot's wife the summer his daughter was conceived?
4. How old is Lancelot's daughter in Chapter 5?
5. What does Lancelot admit to his friend at the end of Chapter 5?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)