|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lancelot learns that the girl next door is there for what reason?
(a) Because she had a mental breakdown.
(b) Because she killed three men.
(c) Because she was brutally raped by three men.
(d) Because she participated in the killing of three women.
2. Where did Lancelot go after leaving Tex and Siobhan?
(a) The beach.
(b) The boat.
(c) The courtyard.
(d) The pigeonnier.
3. Who is Tex Reilly?
(a) Troy's father.
(b) Siobhan's grandfather.
(c) Siobhan's father.
(d) Raine's father.
4. What was on the form that concerned Lancelot?
(a) His daughter's new address.
(b) His daughter's last name.
(c) His daughter's blood type.
(d) His daughter's social security number.
5. How old is Lancelot's daughter in Chapter 5?
6. What happened when Lancelot joined into the dinner conversation in Chapter 5?
(a) He illustrated his knowledge of films and made Margot proud.
(b) He misunderstood the point and embarrassed Lucy.
(c) He illustrated his knowledge of films and made Lucy proud.
(d) He misunderstood the point and embarrassed Margot.
7. When does Lancelot begin to regain his memory?
(a) When he kills his mother.
(b) When he meets with the priest.
(c) When he meets with an old childhood friend in his room.
(d) When he steps into the hallway to meet with the nurse.
8. Who is Margot?
(a) Lancelot's mother.
(b) Lancelot's second wife.
(c) Lancelot's first wife.
(d) Lancelot's sister.
9. In Chapter 5, who appeared bored during the dinner conversation?
10. What topic does Lancelot discuss with his friend in Chapter 2?
11. When Lancelot talks about the past in Chapter 5, what does he feel he needs to create?
(a) Closure on his past life.
(b) A new life, a new world.
(c) A new family.
(d) A better friendship with his friend.
12. What did Lancelot do the night he learned of his wife's infidelity?
(a) He killed his wife.
(b) He burned the house down.
(c) He waited up for her to return home.
(d) He wrote her a note and left the house.
13. In Chapter 5, returning to his story, Lancelot talks about another dinner centering around what topic?
(a) The people in film.
(b) The importance of location in film.
(c) The history of film.
(d) The semiotics of film.
14. Where was Lancelot when he learned of his wife's infidelity?
(a) In the gardens.
(b) At Harry's.
(c) In the pigeonnier.
(d) At Percival's.
15. The day after, Lancelot went where after breakfast?
(a) To jail.
(b) To practice shooting in the woods.
(c) To where his wife had been the previous night.
(d) To the office as usual.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the reasons why Elgin has done anything for Lancelot?
2. Who is Elgin?
3. Where did Lancelot first meet Lucy Cobb?
4. In Chapter 3, Lancelot describes falling into a rut after giving up his occupation and his pursuits, and the rut revolving around what two things?
5. After leaving the table at the normal time after dinner in Chapter 3, who did Lancelot say goodnight to?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)