|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, Lancelot describes falling into a rut after giving up his occupation and his pursuits, and the rut revolving around what two things?
(a) Gun collecting and birding.
(b) Gun collecting and alcohol.
(c) The news and birding.
(d) Alcohol and the news.
2. What was on the form that concerned Lancelot?
(a) His daughter's last name.
(b) His daughter's social security number.
(c) His daughter's new address.
(d) His daughter's blood type.
3. When does Lancelot begin to regain his memory?
(a) When he meets with the priest.
(b) When he meets with an old childhood friend in his room.
(c) When he kills his mother.
(d) When he steps into the hallway to meet with the nurse.
4. What did Lancelot ask Elgin to do at the hotel at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Watch all the rooms occupied by Belle Isle people.
(b) Watch all the rooms occupied by men.
(c) Watch all the rooms occupied by the movie people.
(d) Watch all the rooms occupied by out of towners.
5. Where did Lancelot invite Margot to go to dry off on the rainy night?
(a) The boat.
(b) The house.
(c) The church.
(d) The pigeonnier.
6. Who did Lancelot call for after he returned home for lunch?
7. After dinner, Lancelot checked in again on his daughter and ignored what, once again?
(a) His daughter's general unhappiness.
(b) His daughter playing with things that were not hers.
(c) His daughter's unhappiness in her grandfather's company.
(d) His daughter's general loneliness.
8. What did Margot eventually turn to in order to find the passion upon which she thrived?
(c) Working at a local store.
9. In Chapter 5, returning to his story, Lancelot talks about another dinner centering around what topic?
(a) The importance of location in film.
(b) The semiotics of film.
(c) The history of film.
(d) The people in film.
10. Who did Lancelot see his wife flirting with after dinner?
(a) Janos and Troy.
(b) Raine and Troy.
(c) Merlin and Janos.
(d) Troy and Merlin.
11. What is Ideo-Personal-Dynamics?
(a) A new yoga troupe.
(b) A cult-like group.
(c) A new type of interpersonal relations.
(d) A new type of psychology.
12. How does Lancelot say the girl next door is like Lucy?
(a) She, like Lucy, did not deserve what happened to her.
(b) She, like Lucy, was beautiful but disturbed.
(c) The brutality of her experience has returned her to a more innocent place.
(d) The brutality of her experience nearly killed her.
13. Where had Margot rebuilt a burned section of Belle Isle?
(a) Over a gas well.
(b) On Tex's property.
(c) On the eastern side of the island.
(d) On property with disputed ownership.
14. What did Lancelot continue to hold onto at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) His doubts about Lucy.
(b) His doubts of Margot's infidelity.
(c) His doubts of Elgin's truthful report.
(d) His doubts his marriage.
15. Where did Lancelot see his friend walking in Chapter 2?
(a) Through the cemetery that sits outside Lancelot's window.
(b) With Lancelot's wife in the garden.
(c) Through the courtyard to the castle outside Lancelot's window.
(d) With Lancelot's mother in the garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Lancelot's wife doing the summer his daughter was conceived?
2. The day after, Lancelot went where after breakfast?
3. When Elgin returned with his reports from the hotel, what did Elgin report that he couldn't see?
4. Where was Lancelot's wife the summer his daughter was conceived?
5. What does Lancelot admit in Chapter 5?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)