|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Lancelot welcome in a meeting in Chapter 1?
(a) An old childhood friend.
(b) The ghost of his first wife.
(c) His mother.
(d) A priest.
2. What did Elgin report that he did see at the hotel?
(a) Margot spending time at the bar with Merlin and Jacoby.
(b) Margot spending time in both Merlin and Jacoby's rooms.
(c) Margot spending time at the bar with the bartender.
(d) Nothing, he fell asleep before anything happened.
3. In Chapter 3, Lancelot describes falling into a rut after giving up his occupation and his pursuits, and the rut revolving around what two things?
(a) Gun collecting and birding.
(b) Gun collecting and alcohol.
(c) Alcohol and the news.
(d) The news and birding.
4. What did Tex nag Lancelot about after dinner?
(a) A will and testimony.
(b) A piece of land.
(c) An oil drill site.
(d) A gas well.
5. What topic does Lancelot discuss with his friend in Chapter 2?
6. What did Lancelot do to make his feelings to Lucy known?
(a) Nothing. Lucy could tell he loved her.
(b) Lancelot bought Lucy presents.
(c) Lancelot told Lucy what he felt about her.
(d) Nothing. Lucy had to make the first move.
7. What did the item in Lancelot's father's sock drawer seem to prove?
(a) That his father had a secret home.
(b) That his father killed his mother.
(c) That his father was not his biological father.
(d) That his father was a corrupt politician.
8. What drew Lancelot to Margot?
(a) Her beauty.
(b) Her overwhelming scent.
(c) Her intelligence.
(d) Her overwhelming sexuality.
9. Lancelot's family has deep roots in what region of the US?
10. Where did Lancelot see his wife flirting after dinner?
(a) The parlor.
(b) The bedroom.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The living room.
11. What did Lancelot pick up from the desk that needed his signature on the day he found out about his wife's infidelity?
(a) His daughter's elementary school application.
(b) His daughter's day care application.
(c) His daughter's camp application.
(d) His daughter's college application.
12. When Lancelot talks about the past in Chapter 5, what does he feel he needs to create?
(a) A better friendship with his friend.
(b) A new life, a new world.
(c) A new family.
(d) Closure on his past life.
13. What was Lancelot's wife doing the summer his daughter was conceived?
(a) Settling at the new home.
(b) Attending an acting seminar.
(c) Attending graduate school.
(d) Visiting her parents.
14. In Chapter 5, who dominated the dinner conversation?
(d) Janos Jacoby.
15. Who is Margot?
(a) Lancelot's sister.
(b) Lancelot's first wife.
(c) Lancelot's second wife.
(d) Lancelot's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, Lancelot pauses in his story to say his occupation had once been what?
2. Who is Elgin?
3. What did Margot suggest to Lancelot while they talked on the rainy night?
4. What is Ideo-Personal-Dynamics?
5. What did Lancelot believe his wife was making him out to be?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)