|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information from Elgin did Lancelot not seem interested?
(a) Merlin's whereabouts that night and who he spent time with.
(b) Raine's whereabouts that night and who she spent time with.
(c) Lucy's whereabouts that night and who she spent time with.
(d) Margot's whereabouts that night and who she spent time with.
2. In Chapter 1, Lancelot denies what?
(a) Knowledge of where his friend is located.
(b) Knowledge of the events leading to his confinement.
(c) Knowledge of where his wife is.
(d) Knowledge of where he currently is.
3. What did Lancelot usually do after dinner and saying goodnight to the person?
(a) Worked on writing a book.
(b) Read to his daughter.
(c) Settled down to watch the evening news.
(d) Wandered around the house.
4. Who did Elgin report was also at the hotel that night?
5. When Elgin returned with his reports from the hotel, what did Elgin report that he couldn't see?
(a) What was going on in the rooms.
(b) Anything past the lobby, because that was as far as he could go.
(c) Anything after midnight, because he fell asleep.
(d) Any infidelity.
6. What did Lancelot do the night he learned of his wife's infidelity?
(a) He killed his wife.
(b) He wrote her a note and left the house.
(c) He waited up for her to return home.
(d) He burned the house down.
7. Lancelot's family has deep roots in what region of the US?
8. In Chapter 3, Lancelot pauses in his story to say his occupation had once been what?
(a) A city doctor.
(b) A rural doctor.
(c) An attorney who fought for civil rights.
(d) An attorney who fought for landowner's rights.
9. What did Lancelot claim to Elgin he was afraid of at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Lucy was cheating on Lancelot.
(b) Lucy had been kidnapped.
(c) Lucy was heavily drinking.
(d) Lucy was doing drugs.
10. Where did Lancelot see his friend walking in Chapter 2?
(a) Through the cemetery that sits outside Lancelot's window.
(b) With Lancelot's mother in the garden.
(c) Through the courtyard to the castle outside Lancelot's window.
(d) With Lancelot's wife in the garden.
11. In Chapter 5, what did Lancelot do regarding the girl next door the day before the Chapter begins?
(a) Punched her.
(b) Wrote her a love letter.
(c) Tapped on her wall.
(d) Went to see her.
12. Who is Tex Reilly?
(a) Troy's father.
(b) Raine's father.
(c) Siobhan's father.
(d) Siobhan's grandfather.
13. What is one of the reasons why Elgin has done anything for Lancelot?
(a) Elgin was a blood relative of Lancelot.
(b) Elgin loved Lancelot's wife.
(c) Lancelot had saved Elgin from a burning building.
(d) He believed Lancelot had saved his family from a vengeful Grand Kleagle.
14. Who did Lancelot try to speak with yesterday through a complicated knocking system?
(a) The woman who lived in the castle next door.
(b) The girl in the room next to his.
(c) His friend in prison.
(d) The man in prison.
15. Where was Lancelot's wife the summer his daughter was conceived?
(a) In Texas.
(b) In California.
(c) At home.
(d) In Europe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Lancelot see his wife flirting after dinner?
2. After leaving the table at the normal time after dinner in Chapter 3, who did Lancelot say goodnight to?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 4, in Lancelot's story, what was Margot's job on the rainy night?
4. In Chapter 5, returning to his story, Lancelot talks about another dinner centering around what topic?
5. What did Lancelot ask Elgin to do at the hotel at the end of Chapter 4?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)