|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, Lancelot pauses in his story to say his occupation had once been what?
(a) An attorney who fought for landowner's rights.
(b) A rural doctor.
(c) An attorney who fought for civil rights.
(d) A city doctor.
2. Where is Lancelot at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) At the home of his childhood friend.
(b) At his home in the south.
(c) At school.
(d) In a mental institute.
3. What did Lancelot ask Elgin to do at the hotel at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Watch all the rooms occupied by Belle Isle people.
(b) Watch all the rooms occupied by out of towners.
(c) Watch all the rooms occupied by men.
(d) Watch all the rooms occupied by the movie people.
4. Who is Siobhan?
(a) Lancelot's oldest daughter.
(b) Lancelot's youngest daughter.
(c) Lancelot's middle daughter.
(d) Lancelot's first wife.
5. What did Lancelot continue to hold onto at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) His doubts about Lucy.
(b) His doubts of Margot's infidelity.
(c) His doubts his marriage.
(d) His doubts of Elgin's truthful report.
6. What did Lancelot believe his wife was making him out to be?
(a) A fool.
(b) An evil husband.
(c) A hero.
(d) A neurotic husband.
7. What did Lancelot usually do after dinner and saying goodnight to the person?
(a) Wandered around the house.
(b) Settled down to watch the evening news.
(c) Worked on writing a book.
(d) Read to his daughter.
8. Where did Lancelot first meet Lucy Cobb?
(a) While Lucy was playing tennis in South Carolina.
(b) While Lucy was playing tennis in North Carolina.
(c) While Lucy was golfing in South Carolina.
(d) While Lucy was golfing in North Carolina.
9. After dinner, Lancelot checked in again on his daughter and ignored what, once again?
(a) His daughter's general unhappiness.
(b) His daughter's unhappiness in her grandfather's company.
(c) His daughter playing with things that were not hers.
(d) His daughter's general loneliness.
10. In Chapter 5, what did Lancelot do regarding the girl next door the day before the Chapter begins?
(a) Wrote her a love letter.
(b) Went to see her.
(c) Tapped on her wall.
(d) Punched her.
11. What did Lancelot pick up from the desk that needed his signature on the day he found out about his wife's infidelity?
(a) His daughter's day care application.
(b) His daughter's elementary school application.
(c) His daughter's college application.
(d) His daughter's camp application.
12. How does Lancelot say the girl next door is like Lucy?
(a) The brutality of her experience has returned her to a more innocent place.
(b) She, like Lucy, was beautiful but disturbed.
(c) She, like Lucy, did not deserve what happened to her.
(d) The brutality of her experience nearly killed her.
13. Lancelot mentions he gave up what specific hobby/pursuit in addition to his occupation?
(c) Stamp collecting.
14. Who is Elgin?
(a) Son of Lancelot's uncle.
(b) Son of the family's long time servants.
(c) Lancelot's best friend.
(d) Son of Lancelot's best friend.
15. Who did Lancelot see his wife flirting with after dinner?
(a) Merlin and Janos.
(b) Janos and Troy.
(c) Raine and Troy.
(d) Troy and Merlin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Tex Reilly?
2. Who is Margot?
3. In Chapter 5, who appeared bored during the dinner conversation?
4. Where did Lancelot invite Margot to go to dry off on the rainy night?
5. Why is Lancelot telling his story?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)