|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was a guest a Belle Isle at the time Lancelot discovered his wife's infidelity?
(a) The doctor.
(b) The friend.
(c) Lancelot's brother.
(d) The actor.
2. In Chapter 1, Lancelot denies what?
(a) Knowledge of where his friend is located.
(b) Knowledge of the events leading to his confinement.
(c) Knowledge of where he currently is.
(d) Knowledge of where his wife is.
3. What happened when Lancelot joined into the dinner conversation in Chapter 5?
(a) He illustrated his knowledge of films and made Lucy proud.
(b) He misunderstood the point and embarrassed Margot.
(c) He illustrated his knowledge of films and made Margot proud.
(d) He misunderstood the point and embarrassed Lucy.
4. Who is Lucy Cobb?
(a) Lancelot's sister.
(b) Lancelot's mother.
(c) Lancelot's first wife.
(d) Lancelot's second wife.
5. What did Lancelot say he found in his father's sock drawer when he was a little boy?
(a) A photo album.
(c) A knife.
(d) A key.
6. Who flirted with Lancelot at the dinner in Chapter 3?
(a) The actors.
7. How old is Lancelot's daughter in Chapter 5?
8. What did Lancelot do the night he learned of his wife's infidelity?
(a) He waited up for her to return home.
(b) He wrote her a note and left the house.
(c) He burned the house down.
(d) He killed his wife.
9. When did Lancelot start to give up his occupation?
(a) After marrying his wife.
(b) After his accident.
(c) After becoming an oil surveyor.
(d) After the birth of his daughter.
10. Lancelot learns that the girl next door is there for what reason?
(a) Because she had a mental breakdown.
(b) Because she killed three men.
(c) Because she was brutally raped by three men.
(d) Because she participated in the killing of three women.
11. When does Lancelot begin to regain his memory?
(a) When he meets with the priest.
(b) When he steps into the hallway to meet with the nurse.
(c) When he meets with an old childhood friend in his room.
(d) When he kills his mother.
12. In Chapter 5, returning to his story, Lancelot talks about another dinner centering around what topic?
(a) The people in film.
(b) The semiotics of film.
(c) The importance of location in film.
(d) The history of film.
13. What was Lancelot's wife doing the summer his daughter was conceived?
(a) Visiting her parents.
(b) Settling at the new home.
(c) Attending an acting seminar.
(d) Attending graduate school.
14. What did Margot suggest to Lancelot while they talked on the rainy night?
(a) Renovations Lancelot could do to the boat.
(b) Renovations Lancelot could make to the burned out areas of Belle Isle.
(c) Renovations Lancelot could do to the pigeonnier to turn it into an apartment.
(d) Renovations Lancelot could do to the house to turn it into a museum.
15. In Chapter 5, who dominated the dinner conversation?
(d) Janos Jacoby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Lancelot and Margot sit while they talked on the rainy night?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 4, in Lancelot's story, what was Margot's job on the rainy night?
3. Who is Anna?
4. Who does the girl next door remind Lancelot of?
5. What did Lancelot and Margot share to drink during the rainy night?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)