|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Elgin report was also at the hotel that night?
2. What did the girl next door answer Lancelot's knock with?
(a) A scream.
(b) A knock of her own.
(c) A note.
(d) A visit to Lancelot's room.
3. In Chapter 3, Lancelot describes falling into a rut after giving up his occupation and his pursuits, and the rut revolving around what two things?
(a) Alcohol and the news.
(b) Gun collecting and alcohol.
(c) The news and birding.
(d) Gun collecting and birding.
4. What location was chosen to be on the Azalea trail?
(a) The Mountains.
(b) South Carolina.
(c) New York.
(d) Belle Isle.
5. Where did Lancelot go after leaving Tex and Siobhan?
(a) The beach.
(b) The pigeonnier.
(c) The courtyard.
(d) The boat.
6. What did the item in Lancelot's father's sock drawer seem to prove?
(a) That his father was a corrupt politician.
(b) That his father was not his biological father.
(c) That his father had a secret home.
(d) That his father killed his mother.
7. What does Lancelot claim is the cause of all the societal downfalls in history?
8. Lancelot's family has deep roots in what region of the US?
9. In Chapter 2, what is the name of Lancelot's friend?
(a) Harry or Persius.
(b) Percival or Henry.
(c) Persius or Henry.
(d) Harry or Percival.
10. Lancelot learns that the girl next door is there for what reason?
(a) Because she participated in the killing of three women.
(b) Because she killed three men.
(c) Because she had a mental breakdown.
(d) Because she was brutally raped by three men.
11. In Chapter 3, what did Elgin say the group of people had been doing before returning to Belle Isle?
(a) Watching a new movie that had been released.
(b) Celebrating at a local party.
(c) Watching the rushes from the week's filming.
(d) Driving around the local area.
12. After leaving the table at the normal time after dinner in Chapter 3, who did Lancelot say goodnight to?
13. What did Tex nag Lancelot about after dinner?
(a) An oil drill site.
(b) A will and testimony.
(c) A gas well.
(d) A piece of land.
14. Where did Lancelot and Margot sit while they talked on the rainy night?
(a) Lay on a bench.
(b) Lay on a mattress.
(c) Sat on haystacks.
(d) Sat on a bench.
15. At the beginning of Chapter 4, in Lancelot's story, what was Margot's job on the rainy night?
(a) To be a judge in the Miss Belle Isle contest.
(b) To welcome tourists at the door.
(c) To welcome tourists at the boat dock.
(d) To work the Belle Isle festival.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Lancelot's daughter in Chapter 5?
2. In Chapter 3, Lancelot pauses in his story to say his occupation had once been what?
3. Who flirted with Lancelot at the dinner in Chapter 3?
4. Who is Margot?
5. Where was Lancelot's wife the summer his daughter was conceived?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)