|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lancelot admit in Chapter 5?
(a) That he has a certain obsession with Margot.
(b) That he loves Margot.
(c) That he wants a child with Margot.
(d) That he and Margot will never be together.
2. What drew Lancelot to Margot?
(a) Her overwhelming scent.
(b) Her beauty.
(c) Her intelligence.
(d) Her overwhelming sexuality.
3. Who is Siobhan?
(a) Lancelot's oldest daughter.
(b) Lancelot's youngest daughter.
(c) Lancelot's middle daughter.
(d) Lancelot's first wife.
4. What condition does Margot appear to have been in the night Elgin was watching the hotel?
(b) In love.
(d) In the hospital.
5. How old is Lancelot's daughter in Chapter 5?
6. At the beginning of Chapter 4, in Lancelot's story, what was Margot's job on the rainy night?
(a) To welcome tourists at the boat dock.
(b) To be a judge in the Miss Belle Isle contest.
(c) To welcome tourists at the door.
(d) To work the Belle Isle festival.
7. In Chapter 3, what time does Elgin say the group of people returned to Belle Isle?
(a) After ten.
(b) After midnight.
(c) After three.
(d) After six.
8. Lancelot's family has deep roots in what region of the US?
9. What did Tex nag Lancelot about after dinner?
(a) A will and testimony.
(b) A piece of land.
(c) An oil drill site.
(d) A gas well.
10. What did Margot suggest to Lancelot while they talked on the rainy night?
(a) Renovations Lancelot could do to the house to turn it into a museum.
(b) Renovations Lancelot could make to the burned out areas of Belle Isle.
(c) Renovations Lancelot could do to the boat.
(d) Renovations Lancelot could do to the pigeonnier to turn it into an apartment.
11. Who does Lancelot welcome in a meeting in Chapter 1?
(a) An old childhood friend.
(b) The ghost of his first wife.
(c) A priest.
(d) His mother.
12. In Chapter 5, returning to his story, Lancelot talks about another dinner centering around what topic?
(a) The history of film.
(b) The people in film.
(c) The semiotics of film.
(d) The importance of location in film.
13. Where was Lancelot's wife the summer his daughter was conceived?
(a) At home.
(b) In California.
(c) In Texas.
(d) In Europe.
14. What topic does Lancelot discuss with his friend in Chapter 2?
15. Where did Lancelot first meet Lucy Cobb?
(a) While Lucy was playing tennis in South Carolina.
(b) While Lucy was golfing in North Carolina.
(c) While Lucy was playing tennis in North Carolina.
(d) While Lucy was golfing in South Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what did Elgin say the group of people had been doing before returning to Belle Isle?
2. Who is Elgin?
3. In Chapter 5, who appeared bored during the dinner conversation?
4. What did Margot eventually turn to in order to find the passion upon which she thrived?
5. What did the girl next door answer Lancelot's knock with?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)