|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What location was chosen to be on the Azalea trail?
(a) Belle Isle.
(b) The Mountains.
(c) New York.
(d) South Carolina.
2. What does Lancelot admit in Chapter 5?
(a) That he and Margot will never be together.
(b) That he wants a child with Margot.
(c) That he has a certain obsession with Margot.
(d) That he loves Margot.
3. Where was Lancelot when he learned of his wife's infidelity?
(a) In the gardens.
(b) At Harry's.
(c) In the pigeonnier.
(d) At Percival's.
4. In Chapter 3, what time does Elgin say the group of people returned to Belle Isle?
(a) After six.
(b) After midnight.
(c) After ten.
(d) After three.
5. Where was the pigeonnier, mentioned in Chapter 2, located?
(a) Lancelot's estate.
(b) Belle Isle.
(c) Percival's estate.
(d) Harry's estate.
6. What did Lancelot say he found in his father's sock drawer when he was a little boy?
(a) A key.
(b) A knife.
(d) A photo album.
7. In Chapter 3, Lancelot continues with his story, and asks Elgin what time which group of people had come back to Belle Isle?
(a) The movie people.
(b) The island people.
(c) Lancelot's family.
(d) The summer visitors.
8. In Chapter 1, Lancelot denies what?
(a) Knowledge of where his wife is.
(b) Knowledge of where he currently is.
(c) Knowledge of the events leading to his confinement.
(d) Knowledge of where his friend is located.
9. When Elgin returned with his reports from the hotel, what did Elgin report that he couldn't see?
(a) Any infidelity.
(b) Anything past the lobby, because that was as far as he could go.
(c) What was going on in the rooms.
(d) Anything after midnight, because he fell asleep.
10. Where did Lancelot see his wife flirting after dinner?
(a) The living room.
(b) The bedroom.
(c) The parlor.
(d) The kitchen.
11. What later made Margot happy in the relationship with Lancelot?
(c) Renovating Belle Isle.
(d) Love of Belle Isle.
12. What did Lancelot do to make his feelings to Lucy known?
(a) Lancelot bought Lucy presents.
(b) Nothing. Lucy could tell he loved her.
(c) Lancelot told Lucy what he felt about her.
(d) Nothing. Lucy had to make the first move.
13. What did Tex nag Lancelot about after dinner?
(a) An oil drill site.
(b) A gas well.
(c) A piece of land.
(d) A will and testimony.
14. After leaving the table at the normal time after dinner in Chapter 3, who did Lancelot say goodnight to?
15. What does Lancelot admit to his friend at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Lancelot was actually interested in all Elgin's information.
(b) Lancelot shouldn't have sent Elgin to the hotel.
(c) Lancelot may have been wrong about Margot.
(d) Lancelot missed Margot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the girl next door remind Lancelot of?
2. Where did Lancelot go after leaving Tex and Siobhan?
3. What topic does Lancelot discuss with his friend in Chapter 2?
4. What did Lancelot claim to Elgin he was afraid of at the end of Chapter 4?
5. What is the pigeoneer been turned into?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)