|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Lancelot go after leaving Tex and Siobhan?
(a) The beach.
(b) The courtyard.
(c) The boat.
(d) The pigeonnier.
2. What condition does Margot appear to have been in the night Elgin was watching the hotel?
(a) In love.
(b) In the hospital.
3. Lancelot mentions he gave up what specific hobby/pursuit in addition to his occupation?
(a) Stamp collecting.
4. In truth, who was the Grand Kleagle?
(a) A cousin of Lancelot's from his childhood home.
(b) A friend of Lancelot's from school.
(c) An enemy of Lancelot from his childhood home.
(d) An enemy of Lancelot's from school.
5. Who does Lancelot welcome in a meeting in Chapter 1?
(a) An old childhood friend.
(b) The ghost of his first wife.
(c) His mother.
(d) A priest.
6. Where is Lancelot at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) At the home of his childhood friend.
(b) At school.
(c) In a mental institute.
(d) At his home in the south.
7. What location was chosen to be on the Azalea trail?
(a) New York.
(b) South Carolina.
(c) The Mountains.
(d) Belle Isle.
8. What topic does Lancelot discuss with his friend in Chapter 2?
9. How does Lancelot say the girl next door is like Lucy?
(a) The brutality of her experience has returned her to a more innocent place.
(b) She, like Lucy, was beautiful but disturbed.
(c) The brutality of her experience nearly killed her.
(d) She, like Lucy, did not deserve what happened to her.
10. Where did Harry say that Elgin was a student?
(b) Cal Tech.
11. What does Lancelot admit to his friend at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Lancelot was actually interested in all Elgin's information.
(b) Lancelot missed Margot.
(c) Lancelot may have been wrong about Margot.
(d) Lancelot shouldn't have sent Elgin to the hotel.
12. What drew Lancelot to Margot?
(a) Her overwhelming sexuality.
(b) Her beauty.
(c) Her overwhelming scent.
(d) Her intelligence.
13. Where was the pigeonnier, mentioned in Chapter 2, located?
(a) Belle Isle.
(b) Harry's estate.
(c) Lancelot's estate.
(d) Percival's estate.
14. What did Tex nag Lancelot about after dinner?
(a) A will and testimony.
(b) A gas well.
(c) An oil drill site.
(d) A piece of land.
15. What did Lancelot ask Elgin to do at the hotel at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Watch all the rooms occupied by Belle Isle people.
(b) Watch all the rooms occupied by out of towners.
(c) Watch all the rooms occupied by the movie people.
(d) Watch all the rooms occupied by men.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what did Lancelot do regarding the girl next door the day before the Chapter begins?
2. Who is Tex Reilly?
3. What happened when Lancelot joined into the dinner conversation in Chapter 5?
4. When did Lancelot meet Margot?
5. Lancelot compared the way he felt when he discovered the item in his father's sock drawer to what other event?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)