|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lancelot ask Elgin to do at the hotel at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Watch all the rooms occupied by men.
(b) Watch all the rooms occupied by Belle Isle people.
(c) Watch all the rooms occupied by the movie people.
(d) Watch all the rooms occupied by out of towners.
2. When Lancelot talks about the past in Chapter 5, what does he feel he needs to create?
(a) A new life, a new world.
(b) A new family.
(c) A better friendship with his friend.
(d) Closure on his past life.
3. Why is Lancelot telling his story?
(a) He wants his friend to be sympathetic.
(b) He wants his friend to hear the story.
(c) He wants his everyone to know what happened.
(d) There is something in it he needs to recall.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 4, in Lancelot's story, what was Margot's job on the rainy night?
(a) To welcome tourists at the boat dock.
(b) To welcome tourists at the door.
(c) To be a judge in the Miss Belle Isle contest.
(d) To work the Belle Isle festival.
5. What does Lancelot admit to his friend at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Lancelot was actually interested in all Elgin's information.
(b) Lancelot may have been wrong about Margot.
(c) Lancelot missed Margot.
(d) Lancelot shouldn't have sent Elgin to the hotel.
6. Lancelot learns that the girl next door is there for what reason?
(a) Because she had a mental breakdown.
(b) Because she was brutally raped by three men.
(c) Because she participated in the killing of three women.
(d) Because she killed three men.
7. Where was the pigeonnier, mentioned in Chapter 2, located?
(a) Lancelot's estate.
(b) Percival's estate.
(c) Harry's estate.
(d) Belle Isle.
8. In Chapter 4, what does Lancelot refer to Lucy as?
(a) His beautiful bride.
(b) His widowed bride.
(c) His virgin bride.
(d) His sultry bride.
9. Who is Elgin?
(a) Son of Lancelot's best friend.
(b) Son of the family's long time servants.
(c) Son of Lancelot's uncle.
(d) Lancelot's best friend.
10. Who is Siobhan?
(a) Lancelot's youngest daughter.
(b) Lancelot's oldest daughter.
(c) Lancelot's first wife.
(d) Lancelot's middle daughter.
11. What is the pigeoneer been turned into?
(a) A bedroom.
(b) A study.
(c) A fieldhouse.
(d) A barn.
12. Why was Lancelot staying in the pigeoneer at the time of his wife's infidelity?
(a) Because he and his wife were seperated.
(b) To make room for the guests.
(c) Because he and his wife were fighting.
(d) To make room for his wife's hobbies.
13. What does Lancelot claim is the cause of all the societal downfalls in history?
14. What was Lancelot doing when he learned of his wife's infidelity?
(a) Reading a book.
(b) Drinking scotch at the bar.
(c) Shooting pigeons.
(d) Signing paperwork.
15. What did Tex nag Lancelot about after dinner?
(a) A gas well.
(b) A piece of land.
(c) An oil drill site.
(d) A will and testimony.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has recently died at the beginning of Chapter 1?
2. How does Lancelot say the girl next door is like Lucy?
3. What did Elgin report that he did see at the hotel?
4. In Chapter 5, returning to his story, Lancelot talks about another dinner centering around what topic?
5. In Chapter 5, who appeared bored during the dinner conversation?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)