|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was on the form that concerned Lancelot?
(a) His daughter's blood type.
(b) His daughter's social security number.
(c) His daughter's last name.
(d) His daughter's new address.
2. When does Lancelot begin to regain his memory?
(a) When he steps into the hallway to meet with the nurse.
(b) When he meets with an old childhood friend in his room.
(c) When he kills his mother.
(d) When he meets with the priest.
3. What did Margot suggest to Lancelot while they talked on the rainy night?
(a) Renovations Lancelot could do to the boat.
(b) Renovations Lancelot could do to the pigeonnier to turn it into an apartment.
(c) Renovations Lancelot could make to the burned out areas of Belle Isle.
(d) Renovations Lancelot could do to the house to turn it into a museum.
4. What does Lancelot admit in Chapter 5?
(a) That he loves Margot.
(b) That he wants a child with Margot.
(c) That he and Margot will never be together.
(d) That he has a certain obsession with Margot.
5. What did Lancelot ask Elgin to do at the hotel at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Watch all the rooms occupied by out of towners.
(b) Watch all the rooms occupied by Belle Isle people.
(c) Watch all the rooms occupied by men.
(d) Watch all the rooms occupied by the movie people.
6. Lancelot's family has deep roots in what region of the US?
7. Where did Lancelot go after leaving Tex and Siobhan?
(a) The courtyard.
(b) The boat.
(c) The pigeonnier.
(d) The beach.
8. Who is Siobhan?
(a) Lancelot's youngest daughter.
(b) Lancelot's first wife.
(c) Lancelot's middle daughter.
(d) Lancelot's oldest daughter.
9. What did the item in Lancelot's father's sock drawer seem to prove?
(a) That his father was a corrupt politician.
(b) That his father had a secret home.
(c) That his father was not his biological father.
(d) That his father killed his mother.
10. The day after, Lancelot went where after breakfast?
(a) To the office as usual.
(b) To jail.
(c) To where his wife had been the previous night.
(d) To practice shooting in the woods.
11. What is the pigeoneer been turned into?
(a) A fieldhouse.
(b) A barn.
(c) A bedroom.
(d) A study.
12. What drew Lancelot to Margot?
(a) Her intelligence.
(b) Her beauty.
(c) Her overwhelming sexuality.
(d) Her overwhelming scent.
13. What condition does Margot appear to have been in the night Elgin was watching the hotel?
(a) In the hospital.
(d) In love.
14. When did Lancelot start to give up his occupation?
(a) After his accident.
(b) After the birth of his daughter.
(c) After becoming an oil surveyor.
(d) After marrying his wife.
15. What location was chosen to be on the Azalea trail?
(a) South Carolina.
(b) New York.
(c) Belle Isle.
(d) The Mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had Margot rebuilt a burned section of Belle Isle?
2. What is one of the reasons why Elgin has done anything for Lancelot?
3. What does Lancelot claim is the cause of all the societal downfalls in history?
4. How does Lancelot say the girl next door is like Lucy?
5. Who is Anna?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)