|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Lancelot welcome in a meeting in Chapter 1?
(a) His mother.
(b) An old childhood friend.
(c) The ghost of his first wife.
(d) A priest.
2. Who is Anna?
(a) Lancelot's second wife.
(b) Lancelot's first wife.
(c) The girl next door.
(d) Lancelot's daughter.
3. In truth, who was the Grand Kleagle?
(a) A cousin of Lancelot's from his childhood home.
(b) An enemy of Lancelot from his childhood home.
(c) An enemy of Lancelot's from school.
(d) A friend of Lancelot's from school.
4. In Chapter 5, what did Lancelot do regarding the girl next door the day before the Chapter begins?
(a) Punched her.
(b) Tapped on her wall.
(c) Went to see her.
(d) Wrote her a love letter.
5. Who is Siobhan?
(a) Lancelot's first wife.
(b) Lancelot's middle daughter.
(c) Lancelot's youngest daughter.
(d) Lancelot's oldest daughter.
6. Where did Lancelot and Margot sit while they talked on the rainy night?
(a) Lay on a bench.
(b) Sat on haystacks.
(c) Sat on a bench.
(d) Lay on a mattress.
7. What did Lancelot claim to Elgin he was afraid of at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Lucy had been kidnapped.
(b) Lucy was heavily drinking.
(c) Lucy was cheating on Lancelot.
(d) Lucy was doing drugs.
8. In Chapter 3, Lancelot pauses in his story to say his occupation had once been what?
(a) A city doctor.
(b) A rural doctor.
(c) An attorney who fought for civil rights.
(d) An attorney who fought for landowner's rights.
9. What was Lancelot doing when he learned of his wife's infidelity?
(a) Shooting pigeons.
(b) Signing paperwork.
(c) Drinking scotch at the bar.
(d) Reading a book.
10. In Chapter 3, what time does Elgin say the group of people returned to Belle Isle?
(a) After ten.
(b) After three.
(c) After midnight.
(d) After six.
11. What did Margot suggest to Lancelot while they talked on the rainy night?
(a) Renovations Lancelot could do to the house to turn it into a museum.
(b) Renovations Lancelot could do to the boat.
(c) Renovations Lancelot could make to the burned out areas of Belle Isle.
(d) Renovations Lancelot could do to the pigeonnier to turn it into an apartment.
12. What did Margot eventually turn to in order to find the passion upon which she thrived?
(d) Working at a local store.
13. What condition does Margot appear to have been in the night Elgin was watching the hotel?
(a) In love.
(c) In the hospital.
14. What did Lancelot and Margot share to drink during the rainy night?
(a) A bottle of rum.
(b) A bottle of wine.
(c) A bottle of gin.
(d) A bottle of whiskey.
15. Who flirted with Lancelot at the dinner in Chapter 3?
(b) The actors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had Margot rebuilt a burned section of Belle Isle?
2. What information from Elgin did Lancelot not seem interested?
3. In Chapter 3, Lancelot describes falling into a rut after giving up his occupation and his pursuits, and the rut revolving around what two things?
4. What did Lancelot believe his wife was making him out to be?
5. What did Lancelot ask Elgin to do at the hotel at the end of Chapter 4?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)