|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, who dominated the dinner conversation?
(a) Janos Jacoby.
2. Where did Lancelot invite Margot to go to dry off on the rainy night?
(a) The house.
(b) The pigeonnier.
(c) The church.
(d) The boat.
3. What did Lancelot usually do after dinner and saying goodnight to the person?
(a) Wandered around the house.
(b) Settled down to watch the evening news.
(c) Worked on writing a book.
(d) Read to his daughter.
4. Where did Harry say that Elgin was a student?
(c) Cal Tech.
5. Where was Lancelot's wife the summer his daughter was conceived?
(a) At home.
(b) In Europe.
(c) In Texas.
(d) In California.
6. Who flirted with Lancelot at the dinner in Chapter 3?
(c) The actors.
7. Who does the girl next door remind Lancelot of?
8. What was Lancelot's wife doing the summer his daughter was conceived?
(a) Attending graduate school.
(b) Attending an acting seminar.
(c) Visiting her parents.
(d) Settling at the new home.
9. Who was a guest a Belle Isle at the time Lancelot discovered his wife's infidelity?
(a) The doctor.
(b) Lancelot's brother.
(c) The friend.
(d) The actor.
10. In Chapter 5, returning to his story, Lancelot talks about another dinner centering around what topic?
(a) The history of film.
(b) The people in film.
(c) The semiotics of film.
(d) The importance of location in film.
11. How old is Lancelot's daughter in Chapter 5?
12. What did Elgin report that he did see at the hotel?
(a) Margot spending time in both Merlin and Jacoby's rooms.
(b) Margot spending time at the bar with the bartender.
(c) Nothing, he fell asleep before anything happened.
(d) Margot spending time at the bar with Merlin and Jacoby.
13. When does Lancelot begin to regain his memory?
(a) When he kills his mother.
(b) When he steps into the hallway to meet with the nurse.
(c) When he meets with the priest.
(d) When he meets with an old childhood friend in his room.
14. Where did Lancelot and Margot sit while they talked on the rainy night?
(a) Lay on a mattress.
(b) Sat on haystacks.
(c) Sat on a bench.
(d) Lay on a bench.
15. What did Lancelot claim to Elgin he was afraid of at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Lucy was doing drugs.
(b) Lucy was cheating on Lancelot.
(c) Lucy had been kidnapped.
(d) Lucy was heavily drinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Lancelot give up the two things he had been doing while in the rut?
2. Lancelot learns that the girl next door is there for what reason?
3. Who did Elgin report was also at the hotel that night?
4. In Chapter 2, what is the name of Lancelot's friend?
5. What was a major part of Lancelot and Margot's early relationship?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)