|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Lancelot begin to regain his memory?
(a) When he meets with an old childhood friend in his room.
(b) When he meets with the priest.
(c) When he steps into the hallway to meet with the nurse.
(d) When he kills his mother.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 4, in Lancelot's story, what was Margot's job on the rainy night?
(a) To welcome tourists at the door.
(b) To be a judge in the Miss Belle Isle contest.
(c) To work the Belle Isle festival.
(d) To welcome tourists at the boat dock.
3. Who is Tex Reilly?
(a) Siobhan's father.
(b) Raine's father.
(c) Siobhan's grandfather.
(d) Troy's father.
4. In Chapter 5, what did Lancelot do regarding the girl next door the day before the Chapter begins?
(a) Tapped on her wall.
(b) Punched her.
(c) Wrote her a love letter.
(d) Went to see her.
5. What did Lancelot pick up from the desk that needed his signature on the day he found out about his wife's infidelity?
(a) His daughter's camp application.
(b) His daughter's elementary school application.
(c) His daughter's college application.
(d) His daughter's day care application.
6. After leaving the table at the normal time after dinner in Chapter 3, who did Lancelot say goodnight to?
7. When Elgin returned with his reports from the hotel, what did Elgin report that he couldn't see?
(a) Anything after midnight, because he fell asleep.
(b) Any infidelity.
(c) What was going on in the rooms.
(d) Anything past the lobby, because that was as far as he could go.
8. What did Lancelot ask Elgin to do at the hotel at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Watch all the rooms occupied by the movie people.
(b) Watch all the rooms occupied by Belle Isle people.
(c) Watch all the rooms occupied by out of towners.
(d) Watch all the rooms occupied by men.
9. At the end of Chapter 4, where did Lancelot ask Elgin to go?
(a) To the Marriott.
(b) To the Hyatt.
(c) To the Holiday Inn.
(d) To the Residence Inn.
10. Who flirted with Lancelot at the dinner in Chapter 3?
(d) The actors.
11. Where had Margot rebuilt a burned section of Belle Isle?
(a) On property with disputed ownership.
(b) Over a gas well.
(c) On the eastern side of the island.
(d) On Tex's property.
12. What did the girl next door answer Lancelot's knock with?
(a) A note.
(b) A scream.
(c) A visit to Lancelot's room.
(d) A knock of her own.
13. In Chapter 1, Lancelot denies what?
(a) Knowledge of where his wife is.
(b) Knowledge of where he currently is.
(c) Knowledge of the events leading to his confinement.
(d) Knowledge of where his friend is located.
14. Who was a guest a Belle Isle at the time Lancelot discovered his wife's infidelity?
(a) The friend.
(b) The actor.
(c) Lancelot's brother.
(d) The doctor.
15. Where did Lancelot see his friend walking in Chapter 2?
(a) With Lancelot's wife in the garden.
(b) Through the courtyard to the castle outside Lancelot's window.
(c) With Lancelot's mother in the garden.
(d) Through the cemetery that sits outside Lancelot's window.
Short Answer Questions
1. What topic does Lancelot discuss with his friend in Chapter 2?
2. In Chapter 2, what is the name of Lancelot's friend?
3. Who is Elgin?
4. What did Lancelot believe his wife was making him out to be?
5. In Chapter 3, Lancelot inquired with Elgin whether what item still worked?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)