|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was a guest a Belle Isle at the time Lancelot discovered his wife's infidelity?
(a) Lancelot's brother.
(b) The friend.
(c) The doctor.
(d) The actor.
2. In Chapter 5, who talked with Lancelot about Ideo-Personal-Dynamics during dinner?
3. The day after, Lancelot went where after breakfast?
(a) To where his wife had been the previous night.
(b) To the office as usual.
(c) To practice shooting in the woods.
(d) To jail.
4. In Chapter 5, Lancelot repeatedly comes back to what question?
(a) Whether or not he loved Margot.
(b) Whether or not he wanted to have sex with Margot.
(c) Whether or not he wanted to have a child with Margot.
(d) Whether or not he wanted to be married to Margot.
5. Who is Tex Reilly?
(a) Siobhan's father.
(b) Raine's father.
(c) Siobhan's grandfather.
(d) Troy's father.
6. What did the girl next door answer Lancelot's knock with?
(a) A scream.
(b) A visit to Lancelot's room.
(c) A knock of her own.
(d) A note.
7. In Chapter 3, Lancelot continues with his story, and asks Elgin what time which group of people had come back to Belle Isle?
(a) The movie people.
(b) The summer visitors.
(c) The island people.
(d) Lancelot's family.
8. After dinner, Lancelot checked in again on his daughter and ignored what, once again?
(a) His daughter's general unhappiness.
(b) His daughter's unhappiness in her grandfather's company.
(c) His daughter's general loneliness.
(d) His daughter playing with things that were not hers.
9. Where did Lancelot see his wife flirting after dinner?
(a) The parlor.
(b) The bedroom.
(c) The living room.
(d) The kitchen.
10. Where was the pigeonnier, mentioned in Chapter 2, located?
(a) Lancelot's estate.
(b) Belle Isle.
(c) Harry's estate.
(d) Percival's estate.
11. What did Lancelot do the night he learned of his wife's infidelity?
(a) He killed his wife.
(b) He wrote her a note and left the house.
(c) He waited up for her to return home.
(d) He burned the house down.
12. Who did Lancelot see his wife flirting with after dinner?
(a) Merlin and Janos.
(b) Janos and Troy.
(c) Raine and Troy.
(d) Troy and Merlin.
13. Who flirted with Lancelot at the dinner in Chapter 3?
(a) The actors.
14. What did Margot suggest to Lancelot while they talked on the rainy night?
(a) Renovations Lancelot could do to the pigeonnier to turn it into an apartment.
(b) Renovations Lancelot could make to the burned out areas of Belle Isle.
(c) Renovations Lancelot could do to the house to turn it into a museum.
(d) Renovations Lancelot could do to the boat.
15. What later made Margot happy in the relationship with Lancelot?
(b) Love of Belle Isle.
(d) Renovating Belle Isle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lancelot admit in Chapter 5?
2. What did Lancelot claim to Elgin he was afraid of at the end of Chapter 4?
3. Who does the girl next door remind Lancelot of?
4. Who is Anna?
5. Lancelot compared the way he felt when he discovered the item in his father's sock drawer to what other event?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)