Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The day after, Lancelot went where after breakfast?
(a) To practice shooting in the woods.
(b) To jail.
(c) To where his wife had been the previous night.
(d) To the office as usual.
2. In Chapter 3, Lancelot inquired with Elgin whether what item still worked?
(a) The dumbwaiter beside the fireplace.
(b) The beach vehicle.
(c) The boat.
(d) The car.
3. What did Lancelot continue to hold onto at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) His doubts about Lucy.
(b) His doubts of Elgin's truthful report.
(c) His doubts his marriage.
(d) His doubts of Margot's infidelity.
4. In Chapter 3, what did Elgin say the group of people had been doing before returning to Belle Isle?
(a) Watching a new movie that had been released.
(b) Celebrating at a local party.
(c) Watching the rushes from the week's filming.
(d) Driving around the local area.
5. What did the item in Lancelot's father's sock drawer seem to prove?
(a) That his father was not his biological father.
(b) That his father killed his mother.
(c) That his father had a secret home.
(d) That his father was a corrupt politician.
6. What did Lancelot pick up from the desk that needed his signature on the day he found out about his wife's infidelity?
(a) His daughter's elementary school application.
(b) His daughter's camp application.
(c) His daughter's day care application.
(d) His daughter's college application.
7. In Chapter 3, Lancelot pauses in his story to say his occupation had once been what?
(a) A rural doctor.
(b) An attorney who fought for civil rights.
(c) An attorney who fought for landowner's rights.
(d) A city doctor.
8. Who does Lancelot welcome in a meeting in Chapter 1?
(a) A priest.
(b) An old childhood friend.
(c) His mother.
(d) The ghost of his first wife.
9. What did Tex nag Lancelot about after dinner?
(a) An oil drill site.
(b) A piece of land.
(c) A gas well.
(d) A will and testimony.
10. In Chapter 5, who appeared bored during the dinner conversation?
11. What did Lancelot usually do after dinner and saying goodnight to the person?
(a) Worked on writing a book.
(b) Wandered around the house.
(c) Read to his daughter.
(d) Settled down to watch the evening news.
12. Who did Lancelot try to speak with yesterday through a complicated knocking system?
(a) The man in prison.
(b) His friend in prison.
(c) The girl in the room next to his.
(d) The woman who lived in the castle next door.
13. What location was chosen to be on the Azalea trail?
(a) South Carolina.
(b) The Mountains.
(c) New York.
(d) Belle Isle.
14. Who was a guest a Belle Isle at the time Lancelot discovered his wife's infidelity?
(a) The doctor.
(b) Lancelot's brother.
(c) The friend.
(d) The actor.
15. What is one of the reasons why Elgin has done anything for Lancelot?
(a) Lancelot had saved Elgin from a burning building.
(b) He believed Lancelot had saved his family from a vengeful Grand Kleagle.
(c) Elgin was a blood relative of Lancelot.
(d) Elgin loved Lancelot's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving the table at the normal time after dinner in Chapter 3, who did Lancelot say goodnight to?
2. Why is Lancelot telling his story?
3. Lancelot compared the way he felt when he discovered the item in his father's sock drawer to what other event?
4. In Chapter 5, who dominated the dinner conversation?
5. What did Lancelot claim to Elgin he was afraid of at the end of Chapter 4?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)