|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when Lancelot joined into the dinner conversation in Chapter 5?
(a) He misunderstood the point and embarrassed Lucy.
(b) He illustrated his knowledge of films and made Lucy proud.
(c) He misunderstood the point and embarrassed Margot.
(d) He illustrated his knowledge of films and made Margot proud.
2. What drew Lancelot to Margot?
(a) Her intelligence.
(b) Her beauty.
(c) Her overwhelming sexuality.
(d) Her overwhelming scent.
3. How old is Lancelot's daughter in Chapter 5?
4. What information from Elgin did Lancelot not seem interested?
(a) Merlin's whereabouts that night and who he spent time with.
(b) Lucy's whereabouts that night and who she spent time with.
(c) Raine's whereabouts that night and who she spent time with.
(d) Margot's whereabouts that night and who she spent time with.
5. In Chapter 5, who dominated the dinner conversation?
(c) Janos Jacoby.
6. In Chapter 3, Lancelot continues with his story, and asks Elgin what time which group of people had come back to Belle Isle?
(a) The movie people.
(b) The island people.
(c) The summer visitors.
(d) Lancelot's family.
7. When Elgin returned with his reports from the hotel, what did Elgin report that he couldn't see?
(a) Anything past the lobby, because that was as far as he could go.
(b) Anything after midnight, because he fell asleep.
(c) Any infidelity.
(d) What was going on in the rooms.
8. At the beginning of Chapter 4, in Lancelot's story, what was Margot's job on the rainy night?
(a) To work the Belle Isle festival.
(b) To welcome tourists at the boat dock.
(c) To be a judge in the Miss Belle Isle contest.
(d) To welcome tourists at the door.
9. Who did Elgin report was also at the hotel that night?
10. Who is Elgin?
(a) Son of the family's long time servants.
(b) Son of Lancelot's best friend.
(c) Son of Lancelot's uncle.
(d) Lancelot's best friend.
11. Where is Lancelot at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) At his home in the south.
(b) At the home of his childhood friend.
(c) In a mental institute.
(d) At school.
12. Lancelot mentions he gave up what specific hobby/pursuit in addition to his occupation?
(a) Stamp collecting.
13. At the end of Chapter 4, where did Lancelot ask Elgin to go?
(a) To the Holiday Inn.
(b) To the Marriott.
(c) To the Residence Inn.
(d) To the Hyatt.
14. Where did Lancelot see his friend walking in Chapter 2?
(a) Through the cemetery that sits outside Lancelot's window.
(b) With Lancelot's mother in the garden.
(c) With Lancelot's wife in the garden.
(d) Through the courtyard to the castle outside Lancelot's window.
15. What does Lancelot admit in Chapter 5?
(a) That he loves Margot.
(b) That he wants a child with Margot.
(c) That he and Margot will never be together.
(d) That he has a certain obsession with Margot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tex nag Lancelot about after dinner?
2. In Chapter 4, what does Lancelot refer to Lucy as?
3. What was Lancelot doing when he learned of his wife's infidelity?
4. Lancelot learns that the girl next door is there for what reason?
5. In Chapter 3, Lancelot inquired with Elgin whether what item still worked?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)