* Lancelot Andrewes Lamar is the son of a family with deep Southern roots.
* Lancelot is in a mental institution after the death of his second wife.
* It is unclear if Lancelot is in the institution as a criminal or a patient.
* Lancelot denies knowledge of the events leading to his wife's death until he sees a friend in the hallway.
* Lancelot recognizes an old friend and welcomes him into his hospital room.
* Lancelot claims to remember why he is in the hospital after seeing his friend.
* Chapter 2
* Lancelot welcomes his friend who he calls Harry or Percival.
* Lancelot says he has seen Percival in the cemetery outside the window.
* Lancelot asks Harry about love, leading Lancelot to think about his first wife.
* Lancelot's first wife was Lucy Cobb, who died after a few years of marriage.
* Lancelot claims he did not recall the circumstances of his...
This section contains 2,290 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)