|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mountain peak does Nicholas mention after discussing his dream on page 50?
2. What music of Brahms does Nicholas try to play?
3. Who wrote, "we have to wait for the third day"?
4. What will happen to him who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow?
5. What nations does Nicholas mention when he thinks about what it would be like to be a member of a people whose national existence is under attack?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how and why Nicholas explains that man is a reflection of God, using examples from "A Lament for a Son."
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the benefits of suffering, using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast what Jesus and what the Stoics felt about mourning, as explained in this book. Use examples from the book.
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)