|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were people hoisting when Nicholas went to the store?
2. On page 56, what did a friend remark about grief?
3. What nations does Nicholas mention when he thinks about what it would be like to be a member of a people whose national existence is under attack?
4. On page 83, what metaphor does Nicholas use to describe what it is to be human?
5. When Nicholas reads the New Testament, of what fact is he convinced?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book, discuss the struggle that Nicholas had when he tried to return to ordinary life and to his work.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the benefits of suffering, using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why loss produces a sense that something has ended, using examples from the book to support your position.
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)