|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote a book that angered Nicholas?
2. What was Nicholas watching when the thought overwhelmed him that he did not understand suffering?
3. Who wrote "God too is pained by death, more even than you and I are; but there's nothing much he can do about it"?
4. On Page 80, what does it say that God has allowed to flow?
5. What does a voice say when Nicholas becomes fearful in the dream he mentions on page 50?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how and why Nicholas explains that man is a reflection of God, using examples from "A Lament for a Son."
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why Nicholas chose a lamentation to express the pain he felt regarding Eric's death. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, discuss the regrets that Nicholas has regarding Eric and how he deals with his regrets.
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)