Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote a book that angered Nicholas?
2. What was Nicholas watching when the thought overwhelmed him that he did not understand suffering?
3. Who wrote "God too is pained by death, more even than you and I are; but there's nothing much he can do about it"?
4. On Page 80, what does it say that God has allowed to flow?
5. What does a voice say when Nicholas becomes fearful in the dream he mentions on page 50?
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book, discuss what Nicholas believes are the right and wrong ways to comfort those who are grieving. Look at different ways or methods of grieving and compare or contrast these with Nicholas' view.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from "Lament for a Son," discuss how Nicholas believes the family can live faithfully and authentically now that Eric is gone.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, discuss the regrets that Nicholas has regarding Eric and how he deals with his regrets.
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)