Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote a book that angered Nicholas?
2. What was Nicholas watching when the thought overwhelmed him that he did not understand suffering?
3. Who wrote "God too is pained by death, more even than you and I are; but there's nothing much he can do about it"?
4. On Page 80, what does it say that God has allowed to flow?
5. What does a voice say when Nicholas becomes fearful in the dream he mentions on page 50?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Nicholas explains God and man suffering together and how they find release from suffering together.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from "Lament for a Son," discuss how Nicholas believes the family can live faithfully and authentically now that Eric is gone.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Christ's resurrection relates to death and suffering. Consider how Nicholas relates this to the suffering of man and death of man. What does Nicholas believe will happen to Eric's body at the end of time?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)