|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Claire read at the funeral?
2. What book does Nicholas say affirms the goodness of creation?
3. What was the weather like on the night Eric was born?
4. What day of the week was Eric's body returned to them?
5. At the grave site, what type of trees did the wind rustle through?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nicholas say that he and the family can live as faithfully and authentically with Eric gone as they did when he was present?
2. What was Eric's thesis to explore?
3. What did Nicholas and his family decide to do with Eric's things?
4. What does Nicholas conclude when he asks himself if it matters that Eric's thesis was never finished?
5. What sacrament was celebrated at Eric's funeral?
6. What gave Eric trouble in human relationships?
7. Why is it necessary for some to see the body of the one who died?
8. Why would Nicholas get angry with Eric?
9. What was the dispute over the future direction of architecture?
10. What does Nicholas believe would be insipid?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why loss produces a sense that something has ended, using examples from the book to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Define and discuss what "inscape" is and how it related to Eric.
Essay Topic 3
Argue whether Nicholas does or does not stop believing in God because of Eric's death. Use examples from the book to support your position.
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)