|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the profoundest features of the Christian and Jewish way of being-in-the-world and being-in-history?
2. What was read at the grave site?
3. When was there a furious dispute over the future direction of architecture?
4. Where did Eric spend many days in the last months of his life?
5. Where did much of the music come from that was played at Eric's funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Eric climb the mountain alone?
2. What does Nicholas conclude when he asks himself if it matters that Eric's thesis was never finished?
3. Why is there a hole in Nicholas' world after Eric's death?
4. Why does Nicholas say that the family took Eric for granted?
5. Why does Nicholas say that Eric's body was his to claim?
6. What was Eric's thesis to explore?
7. How did the funeral help Nicholas' soul rest?
8. How did Nicholas learn that his son died?
9. Why would Nicholas get angry with Eric?
10. What did Nicholas and his family decide to do with Eric's things?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast what Jesus and what the Stoics felt about mourning, as explained in this book. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Define and discuss what "inscape" is and how it related to Eric.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, discuss how Eric's death changed Nicholas.
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)