|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of all of the things to do when comforting someone who is in pain because of grief, what is the greatest thing to do?
2. When death is seen as a slicing of what God declared to be, then what is death?
3. Which author in the Bible wrote that someone who dies is like a cloud that vanishes?
4. What type of books were on a table in Eric's apartment?
5. In what city was Eric born?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Nicholas feel at the graveside?
2. What sacrament was celebrated at Eric's funeral?
3. When was Eric born and when did he die?
4. What would Nicholas do if the clock could be turned back?
5. Why would Nicholas get angry with Eric?
6. What does Nicholas say should be said or done with someone who is suffering?
7. What does Nicholas not want to hear as he grieves?
8. What was the dispute over the future direction of architecture?
9. Describe the liturgy used at Eric's funeral.
10. Why does Nicholas say that the family took Eric for granted?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define and discuss what "inscape" is and how it related to Eric.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why loss produces a sense that something has ended, using examples from the book to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why it is more difficult to bury a child than to bury one's parents. Do you think that Nicholas' position is true? Why or why not? Include textual references in your essay.
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)