|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Eric's thesis, what person was he especially interested in writing about?
2. Who does Nicholas say "scarcely looks ahead; his plans are cautious, few, short-term"?
3. What color hair did Eric have?
4. Who told Eric's friends that he had died?
5. Where does Nicholas say that people need to go to comfort him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sacrament was celebrated at Eric's funeral?
2. What would Nicholas do if the clock could be turned back?
3. Why did Eric climb the mountain alone?
4. How did the funeral help Nicholas' soul rest?
5. What does Nicholas not want to hear as he grieves?
6. Why is it necessary for some to see the body of the one who died?
7. What things remind Nicholas that Eric is gone?
8. What did Eric look like in his coffin?
9. What does Nicholas say should be said or done with someone who is suffering?
10. What was the dispute over the future direction of architecture?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Argue whether God is or is not an instrument of death. Use examples from the book to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book, discuss how Eric's death changed Nicholas.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Nicholas explains God and man suffering together and how they find release from suffering together.
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)