|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Eric die?
2. When was there a furious dispute over the future direction of architecture?
3. For how many seconds did Nicholas feel the peace of resignation after learning of Eric's death?
4. Who was on the plane that Nicholas took to Europe?
5. How many of Eric's friends did Nicholas meet when he went to Eric's apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the liturgy used at Eric's funeral.
2. What was Eric's thesis to explore?
3. Why does Nicholas say that Eric's body was his to claim?
4. What did Eric look like in his coffin?
5. What would Nicholas do if the clock could be turned back?
6. What gave Eric delight in his later years?
7. How did Nicholas feel at the graveside?
8. What does Nicholas not want to hear as he grieves?
9. In what way does the world look different to Nicholas after his son's death?
10. What was the history behind the liturgy that was used at Eric's funeral?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast what Nicholas and Eric lost because of Eric's premature death.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book, discuss the struggle that Nicholas had when he tried to return to ordinary life and to his work.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how and why Nicholas explains that man is a reflection of God, using examples from "A Lament for a Son."
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)