|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of Eric's friends did Nicholas meet when he went to Eric's apartment?
2. What was the weather like on the night Eric was born?
3. Which author in the Bible wrote that someone who dies is like a cloud that vanishes?
4. Now that Eric is gone, what does Nicholas say there is in the world now, on page 33?
5. What time of day did Nicholas return from Europe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nicholas not want to hear as he grieves?
2. Why did Eric climb the mountain alone?
3. Why does Nicholas say that Eric's body was his to claim?
4. What was the dispute over the future direction of architecture?
5. Why is it necessary for some to see the body of the one who died?
6. What sacrament was celebrated at Eric's funeral?
7. What was Eric's educational background?
8. Why did Nicholas feel that it was a cruel mockery that Eric's backpack and boots were unscathed?
9. What was Eric's thesis to explore?
10. Why would Nicholas get angry with Eric?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain what Nicholas believe it means to be human, using examples from the book to support your position. You may also read the texts or passages referenced by Nicholas.
Essay Topic 2
Define and discuss what "inscape" is and how it related to Eric.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Christ's resurrection relates to death and suffering. Consider how Nicholas relates this to the suffering of man and death of man. What does Nicholas believe will happen to Eric's body at the end of time?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)