|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nicholas say are the worst days now that Eric is gone?
(b) The birthday of his other children.
(c) Eric's birthday.
(d) Nicholas's birthday.
2. What does Nicholas almost not dare to say that Eric will miss because he has died?
(b) Writing books.
(c) Climbing mountains.
(d) Listening to music.
3. What mountain peak does Nicholas mention after discussing his dream on page 50?
4. What specific date does Nicholas say is one of the worst days?
(a) March 31.
(b) February 28.
(c) January 31.
(d) April 30.
5. What types of days can Nicholas, on page 61, say he can manage?
(a) Work days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Eric's belongings stand for weeks?
2. How long does Nicholas say it took to create the world?
3. Who wrote, "we have to wait for the third day"?
4. What nations does Nicholas mention when he thinks about what it would be like to be a member of a people whose national existence is under attack?
5. On page 66, a friend mentions to Nicholas that the message of a book in the Bible is the endurance of faith. What book of the Bible has this theme?
Short Essay Questions
1. On page 76, what does a bitter, suffering friend tell Nicholas?
2. How does Nicholas explain why suffering happens?
3. In Section 8, what is said about what it means to be human?
4. Why did the ordinariness bother Nicholas when he walked into a store?
5. In what respects does man mirror God?
6. What has Nicholas become in the world since Eric's death?
7. What types of days can Nicholas manage?
8. What will Nicholas do rather than turn away from death?
9. Why does Nicholas say God suffers?
10. Is Nicholas angry at God because of Eric's death?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)