|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Nicholas move Eric's belongings after several weeks?
2. On page 81, whom does Nicholas say that God sent to suffer like mankind?
(a) The prophets.
(b) The disciples.
(c) His son.
(d) The apostles.
3. What is some suffering seen to be a result of?
4. How many children did Nicholas have?
5. In the book that angered Nicholas, what passage of the Bible does the author mention was read in church the Sunday before the death of a man's son?
(a) Psalm 18.
(b) Lamentations 3.
(c) John 14.
(d) Proverbs 15.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Nicholas mentions stories written about humanity's odyssey on earth, what is one story he mentions?
2. What were people hoisting when Nicholas went to the store?
3. On page 85, who does Nicholas say are the mourners?
4. On Page 80, what does it say that God has allowed to flow?
5. Whose funeral had Nicholas attended six months before Eric's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nicholas explain why suffering happens?
2. On page 76, what does a bitter, suffering friend tell Nicholas?
3. Why does Nicholas think the death of a child is so painful?
4. What types of days can Nicholas manage?
5. Why does Nicholas say God suffers?
6. In what respects does man mirror God?
7. In Section 8, what is said about what it means to be human?
8. Who are the mourners?
9. What will Nicholas do with the regrets he has regarding Eric?
10. Is there a firm answer to why humans suffer?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)