|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were people hoisting when Nicholas went to the store?
(a) Gallons of milk.
(b) Containers of apples.
(c) Sacks of potatoes.
(d) Bags of flour.
2. What does Nicholas almost not dare to say that Eric will miss because he has died?
(a) Writing books.
(b) Listening to music.
(d) Climbing mountains.
3. What book of the Bible does Nicholas mention that speaks of the coming of the day of shalom?
4. What is some suffering seen to be a result of?
5. In the book that angered Nicholas, what passage of the Bible does the author mention was read in church the Sunday before the death of a man's son?
(a) John 14.
(b) Lamentations 3.
(c) Psalm 18.
(d) Proverbs 15.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicholas look forward to doing on the Great Day when all will be reunited?
2. On page 72, what type of a mother does Nicholas describe and say that he cannot identify with her pain?
3. What mountain peak does Nicholas mention after discussing his dream on page 50?
4. Who wrote, "we have to wait for the third day"?
5. On page 66, what did a friend say he saw during Eric's funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will Nicholas do rather than turn away from death?
2. Why does Nicholas say that his loss is Eric's as well?
3. What are the worst days for Nicholas now that Eric is gone?
4. Why does Nicholas say God suffers?
5. Why do innocent questions make Nicholas wince?
6. How does Nicholas explain why suffering happens?
7. Why did the ordinariness bother Nicholas when he walked into a store?
8. What would Nicholas give for the changes in his character since Eric died?
9. Does Nicholas believe that God reveals himself?
10. What will Nicholas do with the regrets he has regarding Eric?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)