Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote a book that angered Nicholas?
(a) A father whose son died in a skiing accident.
(b) A mother whose son died in a boating accident.
(c) A father whose son died in a mountaineering accident.
(d) A mother whose son died in an industrial accident.
2. What was Nicholas watching when the thought overwhelmed him that he did not understand suffering?
(a) The flicker of red-gold morning light on wind-blown waves.
(b) The flicker of orange-pink evening light on almost still water.
(c) A father carrying his dead son.
(d) A mother weeping in a cemetery.
3. Who wrote "God too is pained by death, more even than you and I are; but there's nothing much he can do about it"?
(a) Rabbi Klein.
(b) Rabbi Schmidt.
(c) Rabbi Kushner.
(d) Rabbi Elwood.
4. On Page 80, what does it say that God has allowed to flow?
(a) Rivers of death.
(b) Rivers of blood.
(c) Rivers of grief.
(d) Rivers of pain.
5. What does a voice say when Nicholas becomes fearful in the dream he mentions on page 50?
(a) Don't fear.
(b) Be still.
(c) Don't worry.
(d) Have faith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicholas almost not dare to say that Eric will miss because he has died?
2. In what way has Nicholas changed since Eric's death?
3. What repelled Nicholas when he walked into a store?
4. Who said, "Truly, you are a God who hides yourself, O God of Israel, the Savior"?
5. Which of the following names is the name of one of Nicholas' children?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)