|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book of the Bible does Nicholas mention that speaks of the coming of the day of shalom?
2. On page 70, what passage of the Bible does Nicholas refer to as a lament in the context of a faith that endures?
(a) Isaiah 40.
(b) Psalm 42.
(c) Jeremiah 33.
(d) Revelation 21.
3. On page 50, what happens in Nicholas' dream?
(a) He meets a rabid dog in the woods.
(b) His wife chokes on her food and dies.
(c) He catches a monster fish.
(d) His friends disappear.
4. What repelled Nicholas when he walked into a store?
(a) The ordinariness of what he saw.
(b) Seeing Eric's old friends.
(c) The hustle and bustle in the store.
(d) The people who gave him their condolences.
5. What were people squeezing at the store when Nicholas was shopping?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Nicholas, when will the world's redemption be fulfilled?
2. Who said, "Be calm. "Disengage yourself. Neither laugh nor weep"?
3. What were people putting into baskets when Nicholas walked into a store?
4. On Page 80, what does it say that God has allowed to flow?
5. What does Nicholas say are the worst days now that Eric is gone?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)