|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On page 70, what passage of the Bible does Nicholas refer to as a lament in the context of a faith that endures?
(a) Jeremiah 33.
(b) Revelation 21.
(c) Psalm 42.
(d) Isaiah 40.
2. According to Nicholas, when will the world's redemption be fulfilled?
(a) When God's cup of suffering is full.
(b) When Jesus returns.
(c) When judgment day comes.
(d) When Satan is bound in the pit.
3. Where did Eric's belongings stand for weeks?
(a) In his room.
(b) In the attic.
(c) In the garage.
(d) In the entry.
4. What does Nicholas say is God's response to our lovelessness?
(a) Avenging fury.
(b) Great anger.
(c) Deep sorrow.
5. What repelled Nicholas when he walked into a store?
(a) The ordinariness of what he saw.
(b) The people who gave him their condolences.
(c) The hustle and bustle in the store.
(d) Seeing Eric's old friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. On page 87, what does Nicholas say that God wanted to experience with man because of his great love for mankind?
2. In what way has Nicholas changed since Eric's death?
3. What does Nicholas say are the worst days now that Eric is gone?
4. When Nicholas reads the New Testament, of what fact is he convinced?
5. What were people putting into baskets when Nicholas walked into a store?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)