|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On page 81, whom does Nicholas say that God sent to suffer like mankind?
(a) The apostles.
(b) His son.
(c) The disciples.
(d) The prophets.
2. What author, in writing about the death of his wife was plainly angry with God?
(a) John Piper.
(b) C. S. Lewis.
(c) Oswald Sanders.
(d) Watchman Nee.
3. In what way has Nicholas changed since Eric's death?
(a) His grief.
(b) His faith.
(c) His relationships.
(d) His character.
4. What part of God is never seen?
(a) His hands.
(b) His heart.
(c) His back.
(d) His face.
5. When Nicholas mentions stories written about humanity's odyssey on earth, what is one story he mentions?
(a) Pastors of large churches.
(b) Students who excelled.
(c) Successful entrepreneurs.
(d) Explorers who found a pass to the Pacific.
Short Answer Questions
1. On page 85, who does Nicholas say are the mourners?
2. What will happen to him who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow?
3. Who wrote a book that angered Nicholas?
4. In one respect, how does man mirror God?
5. What nations does Nicholas mention when he thinks about what it would be like to be a member of a people whose national existence is under attack?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nicholas say God suffers?
2. Is there a firm answer to why humans suffer?
3. Why does Nicholas say that his loss is Eric's as well?
4. In what respects does man mirror God?
5. What are the worst days for Nicholas now that Eric is gone?
6. What is Nicholas convinced of when he reads the New Testament?
7. Why does Nicholas think the death of a child is so painful?
8. What types of days can Nicholas manage?
9. How does Nicholas explain why suffering happens?
10. Is Nicholas angry at God because of Eric's death?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)