|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On page 83, what metaphor does Nicholas use to describe what it is to be human?
2. What is a soul that pants for God compared to in a scripture passage that Nicholas quotes on page 71?
(a) A runner desperate for a drink of water.
(b) A deer panting for streams of water.
(c) A person lost in the desert wanting a drink.
(d) A boy mowing the lawn on a hot day.
3. What does every act of evil extract from God?
(a) A tear.
(d) A sob.
4. Where did Nicholas move Eric's belongings after several weeks?
5. Who does Nicholas say is the man of sorrows?
(b) Jesus Christ.
(c) God Himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do some vainly think will be overcome by some technology?
2. What histories are written about the odyssey of humanity on earth?
3. Where was Jesus when he spoke words of comfort to his disciples?
4. What book of the Bible does Nicholas mention that speaks of the coming of the day of shalom?
5. What part of God is never seen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What would Nicholas give for the changes in his character since Eric died?
2. Why do innocent questions make Nicholas wince?
3. Why did the ordinariness bother Nicholas when he walked into a store?
4. In what respects does man mirror God?
5. Is there a firm answer to why humans suffer?
6. Why does Nicholas say that his loss is Eric's as well?
7. What will Nicholas do rather than turn away from death?
8. Is Nicholas angry at God because of Eric's death?
9. On page 76, what does a bitter, suffering friend tell Nicholas?
10. What are the worst days for Nicholas now that Eric is gone?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)