|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On page 72, what type of a mother does Nicholas describe and say that he cannot identify with her pain?
(a) A mother who has no living children.
(b) A mother who has lost a child in childbirth.
(c) A mother who hurts her children.
(d) An impoverished mother whose child is starving.
2. Who wrote a book that angered Nicholas?
(a) A father whose son died in a mountaineering accident.
(b) A father whose son died in a skiing accident.
(c) A mother whose son died in a boating accident.
(d) A mother whose son died in an industrial accident.
3. Instead of overcoming, what has Nicholas learned to do with the unpleasant things in his life?
4. What were people putting into baskets when Nicholas walked into a store?
5. Where is it written "Why do you permit yourself to suffer, O God? If the death of the devout costs you dear, why do you permit it?"
(a) Psalm 1:12.
(b) Psalm 116:15.
(c) Psalm 120:18.
(d) Psalm 119:110.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where in the Bible is the quote, "Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy."
2. What types of days can Nicholas, on page 61, say he can manage?
3. On page 85, who does Nicholas say are the mourners?
4. According to Nicholas, when will the world's redemption be fulfilled?
5. How many children did Nicholas have?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)