|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On page 72, what type of a mother does Nicholas describe and say that he cannot identify with her pain?
(a) A mother who has lost a child in childbirth.
(b) A mother who hurts her children.
(c) A mother who has no living children.
(d) An impoverished mother whose child is starving.
2. When did Nicholas think he heard Eric call, "Hey Dad, I'm back."
(a) When he was moving Eric's belongings.
(b) When he walked by a ball diamond.
(c) When he was jogging.
(d) When he was in the backyard.
3. What does every act of evil extract from God?
(a) A sob.
(d) A tear.
4. What is the name of the work where this phrase appears, "there must be something more than death..., there must be a promise that is not fulfilled in our short existence in this world."
(a) In Memoriam.
(b) Searching for Comfort.
(c) Consolation in the Face of Death.
(d) A Letter of Consolation.
5. How many children did Nicholas have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of God is never seen?
2. Who said, "Truly, you are a God who hides yourself, O God of Israel, the Savior"?
3. What does Nicholas almost not dare to say that Eric will miss because he has died?
4. Who does Nicholas say is the man of sorrows?
5. Where did Nicholas move Eric's belongings after several weeks?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)