|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What metaphor does Nicholas use on page 76 to refer to faith?
(a) A path.
(b) A footbridge.
(c) A sidewalk.
(d) A covered walk.
2. What author, in writing about the death of his wife was plainly angry with God?
(a) C. S. Lewis.
(b) Oswald Sanders.
(c) John Piper.
(d) Watchman Nee.
3. What is a soul that pants for God compared to in a scripture passage that Nicholas quotes on page 71?
(a) A boy mowing the lawn on a hot day.
(b) A runner desperate for a drink of water.
(c) A person lost in the desert wanting a drink.
(d) A deer panting for streams of water.
4. What does Nicholas say are the worst days now that Eric is gone?
(a) Eric's birthday.
(b) Nicholas's birthday.
(c) The birthday of his other children.
5. On page 66, a friend mentions to Nicholas that the message of a book in the Bible is the endurance of faith. What book of the Bible has this theme?
Short Answer Questions
1. What specific date does Nicholas say is one of the worst days?
2. Who wrote "God too is pained by death, more even than you and I are; but there's nothing much he can do about it"?
3. What was Nicholas watching when the thought overwhelmed him that he did not understand suffering?
4. Who said, "Truly, you are a God who hides yourself, O God of Israel, the Savior"?
5. On page 50, what happens in Nicholas' dream?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)