|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nicholas say are the worst days now that Eric is gone?
(a) Eric's birthday.
(b) Nicholas's birthday.
(c) The birthday of his other children.
2. To have an authentic life, whom must one become more like?
(a) Jesus Christ.
(b) One of the sorrowing.
(c) A little child.
3. What repelled Nicholas when he walked into a store?
(a) The hustle and bustle in the store.
(b) The people who gave him their condolences.
(c) The ordinariness of what he saw.
(d) Seeing Eric's old friends.
4. What were people putting into baskets when Nicholas walked into a store?
5. How many children did Nicholas have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What mountain peak does Nicholas mention after discussing his dream on page 50?
2. According to Nicholas, when will the world's redemption be fulfilled?
3. On page 66, what did a friend say he saw during Eric's funeral?
4. What nations does Nicholas mention when he thinks about what it would be like to be a member of a people whose national existence is under attack?
5. What were people hoisting when Nicholas went to the store?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what respects does man mirror God?
2. What has Nicholas become in the world since Eric's death?
3. How does Nicholas explain why suffering happens?
4. What is Nicholas convinced of when he reads the New Testament?
5. Why didn't Nicholas plunge back into his work?
6. Why did the ordinariness bother Nicholas when he walked into a store?
7. What types of days can Nicholas manage?
8. What will Nicholas do with the regrets he has regarding Eric?
9. On page 76, what does a bitter, suffering friend tell Nicholas?
10. Why does Nicholas think the death of a child is so painful?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)