|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who met Nicholas at the airport?
2. What was read at the grave site?
(c) John 14.
(d) Book of Common Prayer.
3. What did Eric spend much of one summer helping to rebuild?
(a) House of hurricane victims.
(c) Houses of tornado victims.
(d) Farm buildings.
4. In what city was Eric born?
(b) New Haven.
(d) New York.
5. What is one of the profoundest features of the Christian and Jewish way of being-in-the-world and being-in-history?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the liturgy used at Eric's funeral composed?
2. How old was Eric when he asked Nicholas how "we know there's God?"
3. If Eric's life was a gift, what does Nicholas say he and his family must resist?
4. Which author in the Bible wrote that someone who dies is like a cloud that vanishes?
5. Who made a special cloth used during the funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will Nicholas do with the regrets he has regarding Eric?
2. On page 98, why does Nicholas say that Eric is here again?
3. Why are Christ's wounds his identity, according to Section 9?
4. How has the grave site changed in a year?
5. What things remind Nicholas that Eric is gone?
6. What gave Eric delight in his later years?
7. What would Nicholas do if the clock could be turned back?
8. What was Eric's thesis to explore?
9. What did Nicholas and his family decide to do with Eric's things?
10. Why does Nicholas say that Eric's body was his to claim?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)