|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Nicholas have to go to reclaim Eric's body?
2. What time of day did Nicholas return from Europe?
(a) Early in the morning.
(b) Late at night.
(c) Around noon.
(d) Middle of the afternoon.
3. What book does Nicholas say affirms the goodness of creation?
(a) The Book of John.
(b) The Proverbs.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The Psalms.
4. What did Nicholas experience after his brief moment of resignation?
(a) A terrible feeling of loss.
(b) Cold burning pain.
(c) Deep sorrow.
(d) Extreme anger.
5. What are some people gifted with when someone is suffering?
(a) Words of wisdom.
(b) Words of kindness.
(c) Words of faith.
(d) Words of encouragement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who met Nicholas at the airport?
2. Where were Nicholas and Eric when Eric wondered how he could know there is a God?
3. What was the weather like on the night Eric was born?
4. Who was on the plane that Nicholas took to Europe?
5. Who insisted on seeing Eric's body?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the dispute over the future direction of architecture?
2. In what way does the world look different to Nicholas after his son's death?
3. What was Eric's educational background?
4. What gave Eric trouble in human relationships?
5. How did Nicholas feel at the graveside?
6. Why did Eric climb the mountain alone?
7. What did Nicholas and his family decide to do with Eric's things?
8. What would Nicholas do if the clock could be turned back?
9. How does Nicholas say that he and the family can live as faithfully and authentically with Eric gone as they did when he was present?
10. Why does Nicholas say that Eric's body was his to claim?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)