|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom was the liturgy used at Eric's funeral originally written?
(a) A friend suffering from brain cancer.
(b) A friend suffering from Lou Gehrig's disease.
(c) A friend whose child died in infancy.
(d) A friend whose son committed suicide.
2. What color hair did Eric have?
3. If Eric's life was a gift, what does Nicholas say he and his family must resist?
4. In what month did Eric die?
5. What time did Nicholas receive the call that his son had died?
(a) 3:30 p.m.
(b) 2:30 p.m.
(c) 1:30 p.m.
(d) 4:30 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Eric's belongings did the undertaker return that were unscathed?
2. How old was Eric when he died?
3. As creatures of God, what does Nicholas say man should not yearn for?
4. At the grave site, what type of trees did the wind rustle through?
5. Where did Eric spend many days in the last months of his life?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Nicholas feel at the graveside?
2. What gave Eric trouble in human relationships?
3. Why did Eric climb the mountain alone?
4. What does Nicholas not want to hear as he grieves?
5. What was Eric's educational background?
6. What does Nicholas believe would be insipid?
7. Why is it necessary for some to see the body of the one who died?
8. In what way does the world look different to Nicholas after his son's death?
9. Why did Nicholas feel that it was a cruel mockery that Eric's backpack and boots were unscathed?
10. What was the history behind the liturgy that was used at Eric's funeral?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)