|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom was the liturgy used at Eric's funeral originally written?
(a) A friend whose child died in infancy.
(b) A friend suffering from brain cancer.
(c) A friend whose son committed suicide.
(d) A friend suffering from Lou Gehrig's disease.
2. What did Claire read at the funeral?
(a) Psalm 23.
(b) Song of Hannah.
(c) John 14.
(d) Psalm 27.
3. When it comes to grief, what people need to be corrected eventually and gently?
(a) People who can no longer love.
(b) People who have no faith.
(c) People who believe things are more awful than they really are.
(d) People who have become embittered.
4. In what city was Eric's apartment?
5. What does Nicholas say that a friend's tears are to his wounds?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Eric when he asked Nicholas how "we know there's God?"
2. In the dispute over the future direction of architecture, what styles did the winners of the debate promote?
3. What does Nicholas say withers and what remains?
4. Who had just left on a plane to see Eric?
5. In what subjects of study did Eric excel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Eric's thesis to explore?
2. Why did Eric climb the mountain alone?
3. What things remind Nicholas that Eric is gone?
4. What was the dispute over the future direction of architecture?
5. What gave Eric delight in his later years?
6. How did the funeral help Nicholas' soul rest?
7. What does Nicholas conclude when he asks himself if it matters that Eric's thesis was never finished?
8. What does Nicholas say should be said or done with someone who is suffering?
9. What did Nicholas and his family decide to do with Eric's things?
10. What sacrament was celebrated at Eric's funeral?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)