|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was there a furious dispute over the future direction of architecture?
2. What type of spices did Eric have in his cupboard?
3. On Eric's way up the mountain, he passed a boulder with plaques listing the names of people who had died where he was going to climb. How many names were on the plaques?
4. What is one of the profoundest features of the Christian and Jewish way of being-in-the-world and being-in-history?
5. Now that Eric is gone, what does Nicholas say there is in the world now, on page 33?
(a) A lack of peace.
(b) A lack of faith.
(c) A hole.
(d) A darkness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Nicholas meet with after he returned from Europe?
2. What was the subject of Eric's thesis?
3. One of Nicholas's friends had a son who died several weeks before Eric. How did this young man die?
4. What did Nicholas experience after his brief moment of resignation?
5. Who made a special cloth used during the funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Nicholas feel at the graveside?
2. What did Nicholas and his family decide to do with Eric's things?
3. What does Nicholas say it is to be human?
4. How did the funeral help Nicholas' soul rest?
5. What would Nicholas do if the clock could be turned back?
6. What was the dispute over the future direction of architecture?
7. In what way does the world look different to Nicholas after his son's death?
8. What did Eric look like in his coffin?
9. Describe the liturgy used at Eric's funeral.
10. How does Nicholas say that he and the family can live as faithfully and authentically with Eric gone as they did when he was present?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)