|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nicholas say that he had to fly across to retrieve Eric's body?
(a) The ocean.
(b) The United States.
2. What does Nicholas want someone to do if he thoughtlessly says that he is "Fine" or "OK"?
(a) Stop him and ask him how he really feels.
(b) Nod and say nothing.
(c) Take a walk with him.
(d) Sit down and talk with him.
3. What words does Nicholas use to describe Eric's apartment?
(a) Light and airy.
(b) Large and cluttered.
(c) Dark and cramped.
(d) Messy and unorganized.
4. What was the weather like when Nicholas received the call that Eric died?
5. What type of books were on a table in Eric's apartment?
(a) Art and mountaineering books.
(b) Bibles and devotionals.
(c) Architectural books.
(d) Books on pottery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who insisted on seeing Eric's body?
2. What hope did not console Nicholas?
3. How many times had the special cloth been used before at other funerals?
4. What is one of the profoundest features of the Christian and Jewish way of being-in-the-world and being-in-history?
5. On page 30, what does Nicholas say was found in Eric's apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Eric climb the mountain alone?
2. What does Nicholas not want to hear as he grieves?
3. How does Nicholas say that he and the family can live as faithfully and authentically with Eric gone as they did when he was present?
4. In what way does the world look different to Nicholas after his son's death?
5. What was Eric's educational background?
6. Why is it necessary for some to see the body of the one who died?
7. What did Eric look like in his coffin?
8. How did the funeral help Nicholas' soul rest?
9. Describe the liturgy used at Eric's funeral.
10. What sacrament was celebrated at Eric's funeral?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)