|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When death is seen as a slicing of what God declared to be, then what is death?
(a) The enemy.
(b) A friend.
(c) A dark pit.
(d) A deep despair.
2. For whom was the liturgy used at Eric's funeral originally written?
(a) A friend suffering from Lou Gehrig's disease.
(b) A friend whose son committed suicide.
(c) A friend suffering from brain cancer.
(d) A friend whose child died in infancy.
3. Who was on the plane that Nicholas took to Europe?
(a) Businessmen who were drinking heavily.
(b) Youths going to Europe for the first time.
(c) Families with small children.
(d) A boisterous tour group.
4. What does Nicholas say that a friend's tears are to his wounds?
5. What poet wrote about "inscape"?
(a) G. K. Chesterton.
(b) Robert Browning.
(c) Matthew Arnold.
(d) Gerard Manley Hopkins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who made a special cloth used during the funeral?
2. When was the liturgy used at Eric's funeral composed?
3. What did Nicholas and his family decide to do with Eric's belongings?
4. What does Nicholas say that he had to fly across to retrieve Eric's body?
5. What are some people gifted with when someone is suffering?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Nicholas and his family decide to do with Eric's things?
2. Why does Nicholas say that Eric's body was his to claim?
3. What gave Eric delight in his later years?
4. What sacrament was celebrated at Eric's funeral?
5. What was the dispute over the future direction of architecture?
6. What was the history behind the liturgy that was used at Eric's funeral?
7. What does Nicholas believe would be insipid?
8. What was Eric's educational background?
9. How did Nicholas feel at the graveside?
10. What does Nicholas conclude when he asks himself if it matters that Eric's thesis was never finished?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)