|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who told Eric's friends that he had died?
(a) Eric's pastor.
(b) Eric's landlady.
2. Which of Eric's belongings did the undertaker return that were unscathed?
(a) Watch and compass.
(b) Boots and backpack.
(c) Pulleys and pitons.
(d) Climbing harness and carabiners.
3. Who said tears would make "a pillow for my heart"?
(a) James the Just.
(c) Ignatius of Antioch.
4. What does Nicholas want someone to do if he thoughtlessly says that he is "Fine" or "OK"?
(a) Sit down and talk with him.
(b) Take a walk with him.
(c) Nod and say nothing.
(d) Stop him and ask him how he really feels.
5. Who did Nicholas meet with after he returned from Europe?
(a) His family.
(b) A co-worker.
(c) His pastor.
(d) A friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what subjects of study did Eric excel?
2. What is man compared to in Job 14: 1-2?
3. Who composed the liturgy used at Eric's funeral?
4. Of all of the things to do when comforting someone who is in pain because of grief, what is the greatest thing to do?
5. Where did Eric spend many days in the last months of his life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nicholas not want to hear as he grieves?
2. What sacrament was celebrated at Eric's funeral?
3. Why does Nicholas say that the family took Eric for granted?
4. Why is there a hole in Nicholas' world after Eric's death?
5. How does Nicholas say that he and the family can live as faithfully and authentically with Eric gone as they did when he was present?
6. Describe the liturgy used at Eric's funeral.
7. Why would Nicholas get angry with Eric?
8. When was Eric born and when did he die?
9. Why does Nicholas say that Eric's body was his to claim?
10. What things remind Nicholas that Eric is gone?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)