|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Nicholas have to go to reclaim Eric's body?
2. What sacrament was celebrated at the funeral?
3. What does Nicholas say that a friend's tears are to his wounds?
4. How old was Eric when he died?
5. What became Eric's major?
(a) Art history.
(d) Computer science.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many seconds did Nicholas feel the peace of resignation after learning of Eric's death?
2. Where was there a furious dispute over the future direction of architecture?
3. In the dispute over the future direction of architecture, what styles did the winners of the debate promote?
4. What did Nicholas and his family decide to do with Eric's belongings?
5. What is one of the profoundest features of the Christian and Jewish way of being-in-the-world and being-in-history?
Short Essay Questions
1. What gave Eric delight in his later years?
2. When was Eric born and when did he die?
3. What was Eric's educational background?
4. Why did Eric climb the mountain alone?
5. What did Eric look like in his coffin?
6. What did Nicholas and his family decide to do with Eric's things?
7. What does Nicholas not want to hear as he grieves?
8. Why does Nicholas say that the family took Eric for granted?
9. Why does Nicholas say that Eric's body was his to claim?
10. What does Nicholas say should be said or done with someone who is suffering?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)