|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Eric's belongings did the undertaker return that were unscathed?
(a) Pulleys and pitons.
(b) Climbing harness and carabiners.
(c) Boots and backpack.
(d) Watch and compass.
2. What type of spices did Eric have in his cupboard?
3. What was the weather like on the night Eric was born?
4. What did Eric's landlady say he loved more than anything?
5. In the dispute over the future direction of architecture, what styles did the winners of the debate promote?
(a) Post modern.
(c) International Style.
Short Answer Questions
1. What words does Nicholas use to describe Eric's apartment?
2. What was the final hymn at Eric's funeral?
3. On Eric's way up the mountain, he passed a boulder with plaques listing the names of people who had died where he was going to climb. How many names were on the plaques?
4. What day of the week did Eric die?
5. In Eric's thesis, what person was he especially interested in writing about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nicholas say that the family took Eric for granted?
2. Why is it necessary for some to see the body of the one who died?
3. Why does Nicholas say that Eric's body was his to claim?
4. What sacrament was celebrated at Eric's funeral?
5. What would Nicholas do if the clock could be turned back?
6. What was Eric's educational background?
7. What does Nicholas conclude when he asks himself if it matters that Eric's thesis was never finished?
8. What gave Eric trouble in human relationships?
9. What was the dispute over the future direction of architecture?
10. What did Nicholas and his family decide to do with Eric's things?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)