|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Nicholas experience after his brief moment of resignation?
(a) Cold burning pain.
(b) A terrible feeling of loss.
(c) Deep sorrow.
(d) Extreme anger.
2. Which author in the Bible wrote that someone who dies is like a cloud that vanishes?
3. How many of Eric's friends did Nicholas meet when he went to Eric's apartment?
4. Who said tears would make "a pillow for my heart"?
(a) Ignatius of Antioch.
(c) James the Just.
5. Where was there a furious dispute over the future direction of architecture?
(a) Gunkelrode, Germany.
(b) Solz, Germany.
(c) Bauhaus, Germany.
(d) Menglers, Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Nicholas have to go to reclaim Eric's body?
2. What elements did Nicholas believe would comfort him?
3. On Eric's way up the mountain, he passed a boulder with plaques listing the names of people who had died where he was going to climb. How many names were on the plaques?
4. What type of spices did Eric have in his cupboard?
5. How many times had the special cloth been used before at other funerals?
Short Essay Questions
1. What gave Eric delight in his later years?
2. What does Nicholas say it is to be human?
3. Why does Nicholas say that the family took Eric for granted?
4. Why would Nicholas get angry with Eric?
5. Why does Nicholas say that Eric's body was his to claim?
6. What was Eric's educational background?
7. Why did Eric climb the mountain alone?
8. What was the dispute over the future direction of architecture?
9. What does Nicholas say should be said or done with someone who is suffering?
10. Why is it necessary for some to see the body of the one who died?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)