|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eric spend much of one summer helping to rebuild?
(a) Houses of tornado victims.
(b) Farm buildings.
(c) House of hurricane victims.
2. What did Eric's landlady say he loved more than anything?
3. What sacrament was celebrated at the funeral?
4. Which author in the Bible wrote that someone who dies is like a cloud that vanishes?
5. What author does Nicholas quote, who says that "No man is an island"?
(a) Francis Bacon.
(b) Edmund Waller.
(c) John Donne.
(d) Ben Jonson.
Short Answer Questions
1. If Eric's life was a gift, what does Nicholas say he and his family must resist?
2. What words does Nicholas use to describe Eric's apartment?
3. How many of Eric's friends did Nicholas meet when he went to Eric's apartment?
4. When was there a furious dispute over the future direction of architecture?
5. Where were Nicholas and Eric when Eric wondered how he could know there is a God?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the history behind the liturgy that was used at Eric's funeral?
2. What would Nicholas do if the clock could be turned back?
3. Why would Nicholas get angry with Eric?
4. How did Nicholas feel at the graveside?
5. What gave Eric trouble in human relationships?
6. What did Nicholas and his family decide to do with Eric's things?
7. What does Nicholas conclude when he asks himself if it matters that Eric's thesis was never finished?
8. What does Nicholas believe would be insipid?
9. How did Nicholas learn that his son died?
10. What gave Eric delight in his later years?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)