|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eric spend summers doing while in college?
(a) Mountain biking.
(c) Teaching art.
(d) Computer programming.
2. One of Nicholas's friends had a son who died several weeks before Eric. How did this young man die?
(d) Brain tumor.
3. Which author in the Bible wrote that someone who dies is like a cloud that vanishes?
4. What did Eric's landlady say he loved more than anything?
5. How many of Eric's friends did Nicholas meet when he went to Eric's apartment?
Short Answer Questions
1. On page 47, to what did memories lead Nicholas?
2. What elements did Nicholas believe would comfort him?
3. When it comes to grief, what people need to be corrected eventually and gently?
4. What was the weather like on the night Eric was born?
5. What did Nicholas and his family decide to do with Eric's belongings?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Eric look like in his coffin?
2. What did Nicholas and his family decide to do with Eric's things?
3. When was Eric born and when did he die?
4. Why does Nicholas say that life can be seen as a process of becoming familiar with death?
5. Why did the ordinariness bother Nicholas when he walked into a store?
6. How did the funeral help Nicholas' soul rest?
7. In what way does the world look different to Nicholas after his son's death?
8. What would Nicholas give for the changes in his character since Eric died?
9. On page 98, why does Nicholas say that Eric is here again?
10. What was Eric's thesis to explore?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)