|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Eric's thesis, what person was he especially interested in writing about?
(a) Alexander von Senger.
(b) German Bestelmeyer.
(c) Paul Schultze-Naumberg.
(d) Eugen Honig.
2. What passage from the Bible does Nicholas quote that says, "The grass withers, the flower fades"?
(a) I Corinthians 15.
(b) Psalm 103.
(c) Isaiah 40.
(d) Ecclesiastes 3.
3. What did Nicholas experience after his brief moment of resignation?
(a) A terrible feeling of loss.
(b) Cold burning pain.
(c) Extreme anger.
(d) Deep sorrow.
4. Who had just left on a plane to see Eric?
(a) An aunt.
(b) A younger brother.
(c) An older sister.
(d) His grandmother.
5. If Eric's life was a gift, what does Nicholas say he and his family must resist?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Claire read at the funeral?
2. What does Nicholas say that he had to fly across to retrieve Eric's body?
3. Where did Eric spend many days in the last months of his life?
4. On page 30, what does Nicholas say was found in Eric's apartment?
5. What did Eric's landlady say he loved more than anything?
Short Essay Questions
1. When was Eric born and when did he die?
2. What sacrament was celebrated at Eric's funeral?
3. Why does Nicholas say that Eric's body was his to claim?
4. What would Nicholas do if the clock could be turned back?
5. What things remind Nicholas that Eric is gone?
6. What does Nicholas conclude when he asks himself if it matters that Eric's thesis was never finished?
7. Why would Nicholas get angry with Eric?
8. What was the history behind the liturgy that was used at Eric's funeral?
9. In what way does the world look different to Nicholas after his son's death?
10. What was Eric's educational background?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)