|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had just left on a plane to see Eric?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) A younger brother.
(c) An aunt.
(d) An older sister.
2. What type of trees were releasing their seeds when Eric was laid to rest?
3. What are some people gifted with when someone is suffering?
(a) Words of kindness.
(b) Words of faith.
(c) Words of encouragement.
(d) Words of wisdom.
4. At the grave site, what type of trees did the wind rustle through?
5. What day of the week did Nicholas receive the call that his son died?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eric give up because it did not fit his plans?
2. What did Nicholas and his family decide to do with Eric's belongings?
3. Who does Nicholas say "scarcely looks ahead; his plans are cautious, few, short-term"?
4. How old was Eric when he died?
5. What words does Nicholas use to describe Eric's apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. On page 76, what does a bitter, suffering friend tell Nicholas?
2. How is what the Stoics said different from what Jesus said about mourning?
3. Why do innocent questions make Nicholas wince?
4. What was Eric's thesis to explore?
5. Why is it necessary for some to see the body of the one who died?
6. How has the grave site changed in a year?
7. How did the funeral help Nicholas' soul rest?
8. What are the worst days for Nicholas now that Eric is gone?
9. What would Nicholas do if the clock could be turned back?
10. Why did Eric climb the mountain alone?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)