|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What passage from the Bible does Nicholas quote that says, "The grass withers, the flower fades"?
(a) Isaiah 40.
(b) Ecclesiastes 3.
(c) I Corinthians 15.
(d) Psalm 103.
2. What did Claire read at the funeral?
(a) Psalm 27.
(b) Psalm 23.
(c) John 14.
(d) Song of Hannah.
3. Who does Nicholas say "scarcely looks ahead; his plans are cautious, few, short-term"?
(a) A new father.
(b) A teenager.
(c) An old person.
(d) A groom.
4. What is man compared to in Job 14: 1-2?
(a) Birds and animals.
(b) Flower and shadow.
(c) Weeds and grass.
(d) Clouds and rain.
5. What was read at the grave site?
(a) John 14.
(d) Book of Common Prayer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of spices did Eric have in his cupboard?
2. When death is seen as a slicing of what God declared to be, then what is death?
3. Which author in the Bible wrote that someone who dies is like a cloud that vanishes?
4. What day of the week did Eric die?
5. In what subjects of study did Eric excel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it necessary for some to see the body of the one who died?
2. Why does Nicholas say that the family took Eric for granted?
3. What gave Eric delight in his later years?
4. How did Nicholas feel at the graveside?
5. What gave Eric trouble in human relationships?
6. Describe the liturgy used at Eric's funeral.
7. What was the history behind the liturgy that was used at Eric's funeral?
8. What does Nicholas say it is to be human?
9. When was Eric born and when did he die?
10. What was the dispute over the future direction of architecture?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)