|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city was Eric born?
(a) New Haven.
(b) New York.
2. Where did much of the music come from that was played at Eric's funeral?
(a) The Middle Ages.
(b) The hymnbook of their congregation.
(c) Ecumenical community of Taize.
(d) The Renaissance.
3. What time of day did Nicholas return from Europe?
(a) Early in the morning.
(b) Around noon.
(c) Late at night.
(d) Middle of the afternoon.
4. Now that Eric is gone, what does Nicholas say there is in the world now, on page 33?
(a) A hole.
(b) A darkness.
(c) A lack of peace.
(d) A lack of faith.
5. How old does Nicholas think Eric might have been in a photo that shows him holding a fish longer than he was?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eric give up because it did not fit his plans?
2. What did Claire read at the funeral?
3. What was the weather like on the night Eric was born?
4. Who insisted on seeing Eric's body?
5. Who made a special cloth used during the funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nicholas say that Eric's body was his to claim?
2. How did Nicholas learn that his son died?
3. Describe the liturgy used at Eric's funeral.
4. In what way does the world look different to Nicholas after his son's death?
5. What does Nicholas say should be said or done with someone who is suffering?
6. What sacrament was celebrated at Eric's funeral?
7. What would Nicholas do if the clock could be turned back?
8. Why is it necessary for some to see the body of the one who died?
9. What was Eric's educational background?
10. How does Nicholas say that he and the family can live as faithfully and authentically with Eric gone as they did when he was present?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)