Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote a book that angered Nicholas?
(a) A father whose son died in a skiing accident.
(b) A mother whose son died in a boating accident.
(c) A father whose son died in a mountaineering accident.
(d) A mother whose son died in an industrial accident.
2. What was Nicholas watching when the thought overwhelmed him that he did not understand suffering?
(a) The flicker of red-gold morning light on wind-blown waves.
(b) The flicker of orange-pink evening light on almost still water.
(c) A father carrying his dead son.
(d) A mother weeping in a cemetery.
3. Who wrote "God too is pained by death, more even than you and I are; but there's nothing much he can do about it"?
(a) Rabbi Klein.
(b) Rabbi Schmidt.
(c) Rabbi Kushner.
(d) Rabbi Elwood.
4. On Page 80, what does it say that God has allowed to flow?
(a) Rivers of death.
(b) Rivers of blood.
(c) Rivers of grief.
(d) Rivers of pain.
5. What does a voice say when Nicholas becomes fearful in the dream he mentions on page 50?
(a) Don't fear.
(b) Be still.
(c) Don't worry.
(d) Have faith.
6. What does Nicholas almost not dare to say that Eric will miss because he has died?
(b) Listening to music.
(c) Climbing mountains.
(d) Writing books.
7. In what way has Nicholas changed since Eric's death?
(a) His faith.
(b) His grief.
(c) His relationships.
(d) His character.
8. What repelled Nicholas when he walked into a store?
(a) The people who gave him their condolences.
(b) The ordinariness of what he saw.
(c) Seeing Eric's old friends.
(d) The hustle and bustle in the store.
9. Who said, "Truly, you are a God who hides yourself, O God of Israel, the Savior"?
10. Which of the following names is the name of one of Nicholas' children?
11. What will happen to him who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow?
(a) He will return with corn and a joyful heart.
(b) He will return with bushels of grain and a faithful heart.
(c) He will return with songs of joy carrying sheaves.
(d) He will return with weeping and gnashing of teeth.
12. What nations does Nicholas mention when he thinks about what it would be like to be a member of a people whose national existence is under attack?
(a) Iraqis and Iranians.
(b) Sudan, Pakistan, and India.
(c) Armenians, Jews, and Palestinians.
(d) Russians and Iranians.
13. What were people putting into baskets when Nicholas walked into a store?
14. On page 66, what did a friend say he saw during Eric's funeral?
15. How long does Nicholas say it took to create the world?
(a) A million years.
(b) Six days.
(c) A week.
(d) Billions of years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nicholas say is the man of sorrows?
2. On page 63, what does Nicholas mention that someone said to Claire?
3. On page 81, whom does Nicholas say that God sent to suffer like mankind?
4. What author, in writing about the death of his wife was plainly angry with God?
5. What does Nicholas say are the worst days now that Eric is gone?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)