|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On page 50, what happens in Nicholas' dream?
(a) His friends disappear.
(b) He meets a rabid dog in the woods.
(c) His wife chokes on her food and dies.
(d) He catches a monster fish.
2. What is some suffering seen to be a result of?
3. Who said, "Truly, you are a God who hides yourself, O God of Israel, the Savior"?
4. What were people putting into baskets when Nicholas walked into a store?
5. When Nicholas reads the New Testament, of what fact is he convinced?
(a) That God is good.
(b) That Jesus of Nazareth died for man's sins.
(c) That God loves his children.
(d) That Jesus of Nazareth was raised from the dead.
6. In one respect, how does man mirror God?
(a) In death.
(b) In our knowledge.
(c) In happiness.
(d) In faith.
7. On page 66, a friend mentions to Nicholas that the message of a book in the Bible is the endurance of faith. What book of the Bible has this theme?
8. On page 66, what did a friend say he saw during Eric's funeral?
9. Who wrote a book that angered Nicholas?
(a) A father whose son died in a mountaineering accident.
(b) A father whose son died in a skiing accident.
(c) A mother whose son died in an industrial accident.
(d) A mother whose son died in a boating accident.
10. What metaphor does Nicholas use on page 76 to refer to faith?
(a) A footbridge.
(b) A covered walk.
(c) A path.
(d) A sidewalk.
11. Where in the Bible is the quote, "Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy."
(a) I John 3.
(b) Isaiah 25.
(c) Revelation 21.
(d) Psalm 126.
12. On page 56, what did a friend remark about grief?
(a) It divides.
(b) It separates.
(c) It scores the soul.
(d) It isolates.
13. Instead of overcoming, what has Nicholas learned to do with the unpleasant things in his life?
14. What part of God is never seen?
(a) His back.
(b) His face.
(c) His hands.
(d) His heart.
15. On Page 80, what does it say that God has allowed to flow?
(a) Rivers of blood.
(b) Rivers of grief.
(c) Rivers of pain.
(d) Rivers of death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said, "Be calm. "Disengage yourself. Neither laugh nor weep"?
2. Who wrote, "we have to wait for the third day"?
3. What types of days can Nicholas, on page 61, say he can manage?
4. What is the name of the work where this phrase appears, "there must be something more than death..., there must be a promise that is not fulfilled in our short existence in this world."
5. How many children did Nicholas have?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)