|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do some vainly think will be overcome by some technology?
2. In what way has Nicholas changed since Eric's death?
(a) His relationships.
(b) His character.
(c) His grief.
(d) His faith.
3. What type of questions make Nicholas wince?
(a) Questions about his well being.
(b) Questions about his family.
(c) Probing questions.
(d) Innocent questions.
4. What does a voice say when Nicholas becomes fearful in the dream he mentions on page 50?
(a) Have faith.
(b) Don't fear.
(c) Be still.
(d) Don't worry.
5. What were people hoisting when Nicholas went to the store?
(a) Bags of flour.
(b) Containers of apples.
(c) Sacks of potatoes.
(d) Gallons of milk.
6. What is some suffering seen to be a result of?
7. When did Nicholas think he heard Eric call, "Hey Dad, I'm back."
(a) When he walked by a ball diamond.
(b) When he was in the backyard.
(c) When he was moving Eric's belongings.
(d) When he was jogging.
8. Where did Eric's belongings stand for weeks?
(a) In his room.
(b) In the entry.
(c) In the garage.
(d) In the attic.
9. On page 66, what did a friend say he saw during Eric's funeral?
10. What histories are written about the odyssey of humanity on earth?
(a) The story of those who are persecuted.
(b) The story of those who are defeated.
(c) The story of the exulting ones.
(d) The story of those who have suffered.
11. How many children did Nicholas have?
12. Who said, "Be calm. "Disengage yourself. Neither laugh nor weep"?
(b) The Romans.
(c) The Greeks.
13. On page 81, whom does Nicholas say that God sent to suffer like mankind?
(a) The prophets.
(b) His son.
(c) The disciples.
(d) The apostles.
14. On page 61, in what type of land does Nicholas find it difficult to sing?
(a) This barren land.
(b) This desolate land.
(c) This dry and weary land.
(d) This sorrowing land.
15. On Page 80, what does it say that God has allowed to flow?
(a) Rivers of death.
(b) Rivers of pain.
(c) Rivers of blood.
(d) Rivers of grief.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "God too is pained by death, more even than you and I are; but there's nothing much he can do about it"?
2. What was Nicholas watching when the thought overwhelmed him that he did not understand suffering?
3. When Nicholas mentions stories written about humanity's odyssey on earth, what is one story he mentions?
4. On page 64, what does Nicholas feel when he looks back at times when Eric was alive?
5. On page 50, what happens in Nicholas' dream?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)