|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom was the liturgy used at Eric's funeral originally written?
(a) A friend suffering from brain cancer.
(b) A friend suffering from Lou Gehrig's disease.
(c) A friend whose son committed suicide.
(d) A friend whose child died in infancy.
2. On Eric's way up the mountain, he passed a boulder with plaques listing the names of people who had died where he was going to climb. How many names were on the plaques?
3. In what subjects of study did Eric excel?
(a) Physics and calculus.
(b) Accounting and business.
(c) Science and math.
(d) English and history.
4. Who met Nicholas at the airport?
5. What type of spices did Eric have in his cupboard?
6. What did one of Eric's brothers place on the coffin?
7. What words does Nicholas use to describe Eric's apartment?
(a) Dark and cramped.
(b) Messy and unorganized.
(c) Light and airy.
(d) Large and cluttered.
8. What was the weather like when Nicholas received the call that Eric died?
9. How old was Eric when he died?
10. Who had just left on a plane to see Eric?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) An aunt.
(c) An older sister.
(d) A younger brother.
11. One of Nicholas's friends had a son who died several weeks before Eric. How did this young man die?
(c) Brain tumor.
12. What day of the week did Nicholas receive the call that his son died?
13. What did Nicholas experience after his brief moment of resignation?
(a) Cold burning pain.
(b) Deep sorrow.
(c) Extreme anger.
(d) A terrible feeling of loss.
14. Now that Eric is gone, what does Nicholas say there is in the world now, on page 33?
(a) A lack of faith.
(b) A lack of peace.
(c) A hole.
(d) A darkness.
15. What did Eric give up because it did not fit his plans?
Short Answer Questions
1. What day of the week was Eric's body returned to them?
2. Who was on the plane that Nicholas took to Europe?
3. In Eric's thesis, what person was he especially interested in writing about?
4. What time of day did Nicholas return from Europe?
5. What did Nicholas and his family decide to do with Eric's belongings?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)