|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Eric when he asked Nicholas how "we know there's God?"
2. What does Nicholas say that a friend's tears are to his wounds?
3. What is one of the profoundest features of the Christian and Jewish way of being-in-the-world and being-in-history?
4. What was read at the grave site?
(a) John 14.
(b) Book of Common Prayer.
5. What became Eric's major?
(b) Art history.
(c) Computer science.
6. What passage from the Bible does Nicholas quote that says, "The grass withers, the flower fades"?
(a) I Corinthians 15.
(b) Isaiah 40.
(c) Ecclesiastes 3.
(d) Psalm 103.
7. In what city was Eric's apartment?
8. Where was there a furious dispute over the future direction of architecture?
(a) Solz, Germany.
(b) Gunkelrode, Germany.
(c) Bauhaus, Germany.
(d) Menglers, Germany.
9. Where were Nicholas and Eric when Eric wondered how he could know there is a God?
(a) Taking a walk.
(b) At the park.
(c) In Eric's bedroom.
(d) In the car.
10. At the grave site, what type of trees did the wind rustle through?
11. Who insisted on seeing Eric's body?
(a) His sister.
(b) His brother.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His mother.
12. What type of trees were releasing their seeds when Eric was laid to rest?
13. Who did Nicholas meet with after he returned from Europe?
(a) His family.
(b) A friend.
(c) His pastor.
(d) A co-worker.
14. How old was Eric when he nearly died because he would not admit that he could not swim?
15. Where did Nicholas have to go to reclaim Eric's body?
Short Answer Questions
1. Now that Eric is gone, what does Nicholas say there is in the world now, on page 33?
2. Who does Nicholas say looks neither behind nor ahead because her humanity is just beginning?
3. What was placed on the coffin after the opening words of the liturgy?
4. On page 30, what does Nicholas say was found in Eric's apartment?
5. Who made a special cloth used during the funeral?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)