|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nicholas say that a friend's tears are to his wounds?
2. What did Nicholas and his family decide to do with Eric's belongings?
(a) Leave them out as a memorial.
(b) Donate them to charity.
(c) Give them away to extended family members.
(d) Give them to his friends.
3. What was the subject of Eric's thesis?
(a) The influence of corporations on the modern computer.
(b) Architecture and the Renaissance.
(c) Modern architecture.
(d) The history of computer science.
4. If Eric's life was a gift, what does Nicholas say he and his family must resist?
5. When it comes to grief, what people need to be corrected eventually and gently?
(a) People who have no faith.
(b) People who can no longer love.
(c) People who have become embittered.
(d) People who believe things are more awful than they really are.
6. Where was there a furious dispute over the future direction of architecture?
(a) Bauhaus, Germany.
(b) Menglers, Germany.
(c) Gunkelrode, Germany.
(d) Solz, Germany.
7. In the dispute over the future direction of architecture, what styles did the winners of the debate promote?
(b) International Style.
(d) Post modern.
8. Where did Eric die?
9. At the grave site, what type of trees did the wind rustle through?
10. Now that Eric is gone, what does Nicholas say there is in the world now, on page 33?
(a) A lack of faith.
(b) A hole.
(c) A lack of peace.
(d) A darkness.
11. What book does Nicholas say affirms the goodness of creation?
(a) The Psalms.
(b) The Book of John.
(c) The Proverbs.
(d) The Bible.
12. What words does Nicholas use to describe Eric's apartment?
(a) Large and cluttered.
(b) Dark and cramped.
(c) Messy and unorganized.
(d) Light and airy.
13. What was the weather like on the night Eric was born?
14. What hope did not console Nicholas?
(a) Hope that God had a plan.
(b) Hope in life after death.
(c) Hope of the resurrection.
(d) Hope of seeing Eric again.
15. What did Eric spend much of one summer helping to rebuild?
(a) Houses of tornado victims.
(b) House of hurricane victims.
(c) Farm buildings.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Eric's way up the mountain, he passed a boulder with plaques listing the names of people who had died where he was going to climb. How many names were on the plaques?
2. Who did Nicholas meet with after he returned from Europe?
3. As creatures of God, what does Nicholas say man should not yearn for?
4. What did Nicholas experience after his brief moment of resignation?
5. In what city was Eric's apartment?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)