|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the weather like when Nicholas received the call that Eric died?
2. What are some people gifted with when someone is suffering?
(a) Words of faith.
(b) Words of encouragement.
(c) Words of kindness.
(d) Words of wisdom.
3. What elements did Nicholas believe would comfort him?
(a) The words of Jesus Christ.
(b) The Psalms.
(c) The book of Ecclesiastes.
(d) The gospel.
4. What does Nicholas say that a friend's silence is to his wounds?
5. How many of Eric's friends did Nicholas meet when he went to Eric's apartment?
6. What hope did not console Nicholas?
(a) Hope in life after death.
(b) Hope that God had a plan.
(c) Hope of seeing Eric again.
(d) Hope of the resurrection.
7. What does Nicholas remember lifting Eric from when he was born?
(a) A crib.
(b) A cradle.
(c) His mother's womb.
(d) A hospital isolette.
8. In what month did Eric die?
9. What book does Nicholas say affirms the goodness of creation?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The Proverbs.
(c) The Psalms.
(d) The Book of John.
10. What does Nicholas want someone to do if he thoughtlessly says that he is "Fine" or "OK"?
(a) Nod and say nothing.
(b) Sit down and talk with him.
(c) Take a walk with him.
(d) Stop him and ask him how he really feels.
11. What does Nicholas say withers and what remains?
(a) The grass withers and the weeds remain.
(b) The fruit withers and the seeds remain.
(c) The body withers and its belongings remain.
(d) The flower withers and the effects remain.
12. What did Eric spend much of one summer helping to rebuild?
(a) Houses of tornado victims.
(b) Farm buildings.
(d) House of hurricane victims.
13. Where did Eric die?
14. What does Nicholas say that he had to fly across to retrieve Eric's body?
(a) The ocean.
(c) The United States.
15. What sacrament was celebrated at the funeral?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did one of Eric's brothers place on the coffin?
2. Where did Eric spend many days in the last months of his life?
3. In what city was Eric born?
4. Who met Nicholas at the airport?
5. Who told Eric's friends that he had died?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)