|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was on the plane that Nicholas took to Europe?
(a) A boisterous tour group.
(b) Businessmen who were drinking heavily.
(c) Youths going to Europe for the first time.
(d) Families with small children.
2. In Eric's thesis, what person was he especially interested in writing about?
(a) German Bestelmeyer.
(b) Alexander von Senger.
(c) Eugen Honig.
(d) Paul Schultze-Naumberg.
3. What was the subject of Eric's thesis?
(a) Modern architecture.
(b) Architecture and the Renaissance.
(c) The influence of corporations on the modern computer.
(d) The history of computer science.
4. When death is seen as a slicing of what God declared to be, then what is death?
(a) A friend.
(b) A dark pit.
(c) A deep despair.
(d) The enemy.
5. How many times had the special cloth been used before at other funerals?
(c) Three times.
6. What was the weather like when Nicholas received the call that Eric died?
7. Where were Nicholas and Eric when Eric wondered how he could know there is a God?
(a) In the car.
(b) At the park.
(c) Taking a walk.
(d) In Eric's bedroom.
8. What day of the week was Eric's body returned to them?
9. What did one of Eric's brothers place on the coffin?
10. What did Nicholas and his family decide to do with Eric's belongings?
(a) Give them away to extended family members.
(b) Leave them out as a memorial.
(c) Give them to his friends.
(d) Donate them to charity.
11. What does Nicholas want someone to do if he thoughtlessly says that he is "Fine" or "OK"?
(a) Stop him and ask him how he really feels.
(b) Nod and say nothing.
(c) Sit down and talk with him.
(d) Take a walk with him.
12. How old does Nicholas think Eric might have been in a photo that shows him holding a fish longer than he was?
13. Who does Nicholas say looks neither behind nor ahead because her humanity is just beginning?
(a) A new parent.
(b) A graduate.
(c) A baby.
(d) A bride.
14. Where does Nicholas say that people need to go to comfort him?
(a) Come to the cemetery.
(b) Visit him at home.
(c) Come close.
(d) Spend time with him and his family.
15. What did Eric give up because it did not fit his plans?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Eric when he nearly died because he would not admit that he could not swim?
2. What type of books were on a table in Eric's apartment?
3. In what subjects of study did Eric excel?
4. What does Nicholas say that a friend's silence is to his wounds?
5. How old was Eric when he died?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)