|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eric give up because it did not fit his plans?
2. Who had just left on a plane to see Eric?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) A younger brother.
(c) An aunt.
(d) An older sister.
3. Where did Eric spend many days in the last months of his life?
(a) The buildings in the School of Architecture.
(b) A friend's apartment.
(c) The library.
(d) A small church.
4. What mountain did Eric plan to climb later that summer?
5. As creatures of God, what does Nicholas say man should not yearn for?
(a) The life hereafter.
(d) Timeless disembodiment.
6. When was the liturgy used at Eric's funeral composed?
(a) A few days after Eric's death.
(b) A few months before Eric's death.
(c) A few weeks before Eric's death.
(d) Several years before Eric's death.
7. Where did Eric die?
8. On page 47, to what did memories lead Nicholas?
9. What hope did not console Nicholas?
(a) Hope that God had a plan.
(b) Hope in life after death.
(c) Hope of the resurrection.
(d) Hope of seeing Eric again.
10. Of all of the things to do when comforting someone who is in pain because of grief, what is the greatest thing to do?
(a) Listen to the one who is hurting.
(d) Acknowledge the grief.
11. Which of Eric's belongings did the undertaker return that were unscathed?
(a) Boots and backpack.
(b) Climbing harness and carabiners.
(c) Watch and compass.
(d) Pulleys and pitons.
12. What instruments were played at the funeral?
(a) Piano and organ.
(b) Cello and recorder.
(c) Trumpet and flute.
(d) Harp and violin.
13. What does Nicholas say that a friend's silence is to his wounds?
14. In Eric's thesis, what person was he especially interested in writing about?
(a) German Bestelmeyer.
(b) Paul Schultze-Naumberg.
(c) Eugen Honig.
(d) Alexander von Senger.
15. What did Eric spend summers doing while in college?
(a) Mountain biking.
(b) Teaching art.
(d) Computer programming.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Nicholas and his family decide to do with Eric's belongings?
2. Which author in the Bible wrote that someone who dies is like a cloud that vanishes?
3. In what month did Eric die?
4. When was there a furious dispute over the future direction of architecture?
5. What was read at the grave site?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)