|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who insisted on seeing Eric's body?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His grandmother.
2. What did Eric spend much of one summer helping to rebuild?
(a) Farm buildings.
(b) House of hurricane victims.
(d) Houses of tornado victims.
3. How old was Eric when he died?
4. When was there a furious dispute over the future direction of architecture?
5. What are some people gifted with when someone is suffering?
(a) Words of faith.
(b) Words of encouragement.
(c) Words of wisdom.
(d) Words of kindness.
6. How old does Nicholas think Eric might have been in a photo that shows him holding a fish longer than he was?
7. What does Nicholas say that a friend's silence is to his wounds?
8. What day of the week did Eric die?
9. What is one of the profoundest features of the Christian and Jewish way of being-in-the-world and being-in-history?
10. Who did Nicholas meet with after he returned from Europe?
(a) A co-worker.
(b) His pastor.
(c) A friend.
(d) His family.
11. In what subjects of study did Eric excel?
(a) English and history.
(b) Accounting and business.
(c) Physics and calculus.
(d) Science and math.
12. Now that Eric is gone, what does Nicholas say there is in the world now, on page 33?
(a) A lack of faith.
(b) A lack of peace.
(c) A darkness.
(d) A hole.
13. What hope did not console Nicholas?
(a) Hope of the resurrection.
(b) Hope of seeing Eric again.
(c) Hope in life after death.
(d) Hope that God had a plan.
14. In Eric's thesis, what person was he especially interested in writing about?
(a) German Bestelmeyer.
(b) Paul Schultze-Naumberg.
(c) Eugen Honig.
(d) Alexander von Senger.
15. What became Eric's major?
(c) Art history.
(d) Computer science.
Short Answer Questions
1. What poet wrote about "inscape"?
2. As creatures of God, what does Nicholas say man should not yearn for?
3. What did Eric spend summers doing while in college?
4. What did Nicholas and his family decide to do with Eric's belongings?
5. Where did much of the music come from that was played at Eric's funeral?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)