Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day of the week did Eric die?
2. What passage from the Bible does Nicholas quote that says, "The grass withers, the flower fades"?
(a) Ecclesiastes 3.
(b) Isaiah 40.
(c) Psalm 103.
(d) I Corinthians 15.
3. Where was there a furious dispute over the future direction of architecture?
(a) Gunkelrode, Germany.
(b) Bauhaus, Germany.
(c) Solz, Germany.
(d) Menglers, Germany.
4. Of all of the things to do when comforting someone who is in pain because of grief, what is the greatest thing to do?
(a) Acknowledge the grief.
(c) Listen to the one who is hurting.
5. Where did Eric die?
6. In what city was Eric born?
(b) New Haven.
(d) New York.
7. One of Nicholas's friends had a son who died several weeks before Eric. How did this young man die?
(a) Brain tumor.
8. What time did Nicholas receive the call that his son had died?
(a) 3:30 p.m.
(b) 4:30 p.m.
(c) 1:30 p.m.
(d) 2:30 p.m.
9. What hope did not console Nicholas?
(a) Hope in life after death.
(b) Hope of the resurrection.
(c) Hope that God had a plan.
(d) Hope of seeing Eric again.
10. What words does Nicholas use to describe Eric's apartment?
(a) Large and cluttered.
(b) Dark and cramped.
(c) Light and airy.
(d) Messy and unorganized.
11. What was read at the grave site?
(b) Book of Common Prayer.
(c) John 14.
12. If Eric's life was a gift, what does Nicholas say he and his family must resist?
13. Who had just left on a plane to see Eric?
(a) An aunt.
(b) A younger brother.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) An older sister.
14. On Eric's way up the mountain, he passed a boulder with plaques listing the names of people who had died where he was going to climb. How many names were on the plaques?
15. When it comes to grief, what people need to be corrected eventually and gently?
(a) People who have become embittered.
(b) People who have no faith.
(c) People who can no longer love.
(d) People who believe things are more awful than they really are.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicholas remember lifting Eric from when he was born?
2. What type of books were on a table in Eric's apartment?
3. For whom was the liturgy used at Eric's funeral originally written?
4. Where did Eric spend many days in the last months of his life?
5. What does Nicholas say that he had to fly across to retrieve Eric's body?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)