|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As creatures of God, what does Nicholas say man should not yearn for?
(b) Timeless disembodiment.
(c) The life hereafter.
2. When was the liturgy used at Eric's funeral composed?
(a) Several years before Eric's death.
(b) A few weeks before Eric's death.
(c) A few months before Eric's death.
(d) A few days after Eric's death.
3. What does Nicholas say that a friend's tears are to his wounds?
4. On page 30, what does Nicholas say was found in Eric's apartment?
(a) Cards Eric had meant to mail to friends.
(b) Old climbing equipment.
(c) Presents Eric had bought for his family.
(d) Lists of things Eric was planning to do.
5. What was the weather like when Nicholas received the call that Eric died?
6. What was read at the grave site?
(a) John 14.
(b) Book of Common Prayer.
7. In what city was Eric born?
(b) New York.
(d) New Haven.
8. What elements did Nicholas believe would comfort him?
(a) The Psalms.
(b) The book of Ecclesiastes.
(c) The words of Jesus Christ.
(d) The gospel.
9. What was the subject of Eric's thesis?
(a) The influence of corporations on the modern computer.
(b) The history of computer science.
(c) Modern architecture.
(d) Architecture and the Renaissance.
10. Who met Nicholas at the airport?
11. How old was Eric when he nearly died because he would not admit that he could not swim?
12. What did Eric spend summers doing while in college?
(a) Mountain biking.
(b) Computer programming.
(d) Teaching art.
13. In what subjects of study did Eric excel?
(a) Science and math.
(b) Physics and calculus.
(c) English and history.
(d) Accounting and business.
14. For whom was the liturgy used at Eric's funeral originally written?
(a) A friend suffering from brain cancer.
(b) A friend whose son committed suicide.
(c) A friend whose child died in infancy.
(d) A friend suffering from Lou Gehrig's disease.
15. What did Claire read at the funeral?
(a) John 14.
(b) Psalm 27.
(c) Song of Hannah.
(d) Psalm 23.
Short Answer Questions
1. When it comes to grief, what people need to be corrected eventually and gently?
2. Where did much of the music come from that was played at Eric's funeral?
3. For how many seconds did Nicholas feel the peace of resignation after learning of Eric's death?
4. What are some people gifted with when someone is suffering?
5. How many of Eric's friends did Nicholas meet when he went to Eric's apartment?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)