|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nicholas say withers and what remains?
(a) The flower withers and the effects remain.
(b) The body withers and its belongings remain.
(c) The grass withers and the weeds remain.
(d) The fruit withers and the seeds remain.
2. In what city was Eric's apartment?
3. What day of the week did Eric die?
4. How old was Eric when he asked Nicholas how "we know there's God?"
5. If Eric's life was a gift, what does Nicholas say he and his family must resist?
6. What type of trees were releasing their seeds when Eric was laid to rest?
7. Of all of the things to do when comforting someone who is in pain because of grief, what is the greatest thing to do?
(c) Listen to the one who is hurting.
(d) Acknowledge the grief.
8. Where did Nicholas have to go to reclaim Eric's body?
9. Who met Nicholas at the airport?
10. Which of Eric's belongings did the undertaker return that were unscathed?
(a) Watch and compass.
(b) Boots and backpack.
(c) Pulleys and pitons.
(d) Climbing harness and carabiners.
11. What was read at the grave site?
(b) Book of Common Prayer.
(d) John 14.
12. What elements did Nicholas believe would comfort him?
(a) The words of Jesus Christ.
(b) The Psalms.
(c) The book of Ecclesiastes.
(d) The gospel.
13. What poet wrote about "inscape"?
(a) Matthew Arnold.
(b) G. K. Chesterton.
(c) Gerard Manley Hopkins.
(d) Robert Browning.
14. What was the weather like on the night Eric was born?
15. What did Nicholas and his family decide to do with Eric's belongings?
(a) Give them to his friends.
(b) Leave them out as a memorial.
(c) Give them away to extended family members.
(d) Donate them to charity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mountain did Eric plan to climb later that summer?
2. Where did Eric spend many days in the last months of his life?
3. Who did Nicholas meet with after he returned from Europe?
4. How old does Nicholas think Eric might have been in a photo that shows him holding a fish longer than he was?
5. What was placed on the coffin after the opening words of the liturgy?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)