|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said tears would make "a pillow for my heart"?
(c) James the Just.
(d) Ignatius of Antioch.
2. What type of books were on a table in Eric's apartment?
(a) Bibles and devotionals.
(b) Books on pottery.
(c) Architectural books.
(d) Art and mountaineering books.
3. What does Nicholas say withers and what remains?
(a) The fruit withers and the seeds remain.
(b) The flower withers and the effects remain.
(c) The grass withers and the weeds remain.
(d) The body withers and its belongings remain.
4. How old was Eric when he nearly died because he would not admit that he could not swim?
5. What day of the week did Eric die?
6. What instruments were played at the funeral?
(a) Trumpet and flute.
(b) Cello and recorder.
(c) Piano and organ.
(d) Harp and violin.
7. In what city was Eric's apartment?
8. In Eric's thesis, what person was he especially interested in writing about?
(a) Eugen Honig.
(b) Alexander von Senger.
(c) German Bestelmeyer.
(d) Paul Schultze-Naumberg.
9. What does Nicholas say that a friend's tears are to his wounds?
10. What poet wrote about "inscape"?
(a) G. K. Chesterton.
(b) Gerard Manley Hopkins.
(c) Robert Browning.
(d) Matthew Arnold.
11. What did Eric give up because it did not fit his plans?
12. On page 30, what does Nicholas say was found in Eric's apartment?
(a) Old climbing equipment.
(b) Presents Eric had bought for his family.
(c) Cards Eric had meant to mail to friends.
(d) Lists of things Eric was planning to do.
13. What day of the week was Eric's body returned to them?
14. On page 47, to what did memories lead Nicholas?
15. Of all of the things to do when comforting someone who is in pain because of grief, what is the greatest thing to do?
(a) Listen to the one who is hurting.
(c) Acknowledge the grief.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many seconds did Nicholas feel the peace of resignation after learning of Eric's death?
2. When death is seen as a slicing of what God declared to be, then what is death?
3. What became Eric's major?
4. In what month did Eric die?
5. How many times had the special cloth been used before at other funerals?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)