|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Nicholas say looks neither behind nor ahead because her humanity is just beginning?
(a) A baby.
(b) A new parent.
(c) A bride.
(d) A graduate.
2. Who met Nicholas at the airport?
3. Which author in the Bible wrote that someone who dies is like a cloud that vanishes?
4. What was the final hymn at Eric's funeral?
(a) Abide With Me.
(b) Great is Thy Faithfulness.
(c) How Great Thou Art.
(d) For All the Saints.
5. At the grave site, what type of trees did the wind rustle through?
6. On Eric's way up the mountain, he passed a boulder with plaques listing the names of people who had died where he was going to climb. How many names were on the plaques?
7. If Eric's life was a gift, what does Nicholas say he and his family must resist?
8. Where does Nicholas say that people need to go to comfort him?
(a) Come to the cemetery.
(b) Come close.
(c) Visit him at home.
(d) Spend time with him and his family.
9. Who said tears would make "a pillow for my heart"?
(b) Ignatius of Antioch.
(d) James the Just.
10. What day of the week did Eric die?
11. What type of books were on a table in Eric's apartment?
(a) Bibles and devotionals.
(b) Art and mountaineering books.
(c) Books on pottery.
(d) Architectural books.
12. What does Nicholas say withers and what remains?
(a) The body withers and its belongings remain.
(b) The grass withers and the weeds remain.
(c) The fruit withers and the seeds remain.
(d) The flower withers and the effects remain.
13. What was the weather like when Nicholas received the call that Eric died?
14. What was the weather like on the night Eric was born?
15. Who had just left on a plane to see Eric?
(a) A younger brother.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) An older sister.
(d) An aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told Eric's friends that he had died?
2. Now that Eric is gone, what does Nicholas say there is in the world now, on page 33?
3. What book does Nicholas say affirms the goodness of creation?
4. In what city was Eric born?
5. What passage from the Bible does Nicholas quote that says, "The grass withers, the flower fades"?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)