|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did much of the music come from that was played at Eric's funeral?
(a) The Renaissance.
(b) The hymnbook of their congregation.
(c) Ecumenical community of Taize.
(d) The Middle Ages.
2. In Eric's thesis, what person was he especially interested in writing about?
(a) Alexander von Senger.
(b) German Bestelmeyer.
(c) Paul Schultze-Naumberg.
(d) Eugen Honig.
3. In what city was Eric's apartment?
4. What color hair did Eric have?
5. Who made a special cloth used during the funeral?
(a) A member of the congregation.
(b) An aunt.
(c) Eric's grandmother.
(d) A friend of the family.
6. At the grave site, what type of trees did the wind rustle through?
7. On Eric's way up the mountain, he passed a boulder with plaques listing the names of people who had died where he was going to climb. How many names were on the plaques?
8. What was the final hymn at Eric's funeral?
(a) How Great Thou Art.
(b) For All the Saints.
(c) Great is Thy Faithfulness.
(d) Abide With Me.
9. Who did Nicholas meet with after he returned from Europe?
(a) His family.
(b) A friend.
(c) A co-worker.
(d) His pastor.
10. Who said tears would make "a pillow for my heart"?
(b) Ignatius of Antioch.
(c) James the Just.
11. What was the weather like when Nicholas received the call that Eric died?
12. How many times had the special cloth been used before at other funerals?
(d) Three times.
13. When it comes to grief, what people need to be corrected eventually and gently?
(a) People who believe things are more awful than they really are.
(b) People who have no faith.
(c) People who can no longer love.
(d) People who have become embittered.
14. What time of day did Nicholas return from Europe?
(a) Middle of the afternoon.
(b) Late at night.
(c) Early in the morning.
(d) Around noon.
15. How many of Eric's friends did Nicholas meet when he went to Eric's apartment?
Short Answer Questions
1. What sacrament was celebrated at the funeral?
2. In what month did Eric die?
3. Which author in the Bible wrote that someone who dies is like a cloud that vanishes?
4. For whom was the liturgy used at Eric's funeral originally written?
5. Who composed the liturgy used at Eric's funeral?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)