|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the final hymn at Eric's funeral?
(a) For All the Saints.
(b) How Great Thou Art.
(c) Great is Thy Faithfulness.
(d) Abide With Me.
2. What elements did Nicholas believe would comfort him?
(a) The gospel.
(b) The book of Ecclesiastes.
(c) The Psalms.
(d) The words of Jesus Christ.
3. What was the subject of Eric's thesis?
(a) The influence of corporations on the modern computer.
(b) Modern architecture.
(c) Architecture and the Renaissance.
(d) The history of computer science.
4. What type of books were on a table in Eric's apartment?
(a) Architectural books.
(b) Books on pottery.
(c) Art and mountaineering books.
(d) Bibles and devotionals.
5. Where did much of the music come from that was played at Eric's funeral?
(a) Ecumenical community of Taize.
(b) The hymnbook of their congregation.
(c) The Middle Ages.
(d) The Renaissance.
6. What was placed on the coffin after the opening words of the liturgy?
(a) An old sweatshirt Eric loved.
(c) Eric's favorite books.
(d) A shroud.
7. When was the liturgy used at Eric's funeral composed?
(a) A few weeks before Eric's death.
(b) A few months before Eric's death.
(c) Several years before Eric's death.
(d) A few days after Eric's death.
8. What day of the week did Nicholas receive the call that his son died?
9. Who composed the liturgy used at Eric's funeral?
(b) A friend.
(c) Eric's sister.
10. For whom was the liturgy used at Eric's funeral originally written?
(a) A friend suffering from Lou Gehrig's disease.
(b) A friend whose child died in infancy.
(c) A friend whose son committed suicide.
(d) A friend suffering from brain cancer.
11. What day of the week did Eric die?
12. What was the weather like on the night Eric was born?
13. In what subjects of study did Eric excel?
(a) English and history.
(b) Physics and calculus.
(c) Science and math.
(d) Accounting and business.
14. What instruments were played at the funeral?
(a) Piano and organ.
(b) Harp and violin.
(c) Trumpet and flute.
(d) Cello and recorder.
15. When was there a furious dispute over the future direction of architecture?
Short Answer Questions
1. On page 47, to what did memories lead Nicholas?
2. What sacrament was celebrated at the funeral?
3. Who had just left on a plane to see Eric?
4. What day of the week was Eric's body returned to them?
5. What author does Nicholas quote, who says that "No man is an island"?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)