|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the grave site, what type of trees did the wind rustle through?
2. What type of spices did Eric have in his cupboard?
3. For how many seconds did Nicholas feel the peace of resignation after learning of Eric's death?
(a) 3 seconds.
(b) 5 seconds.
(c) 10 seconds.
(d) 2 seconds.
4. What is man compared to in Job 14: 1-2?
(a) Birds and animals.
(b) Flower and shadow.
(c) Weeds and grass.
(d) Clouds and rain.
5. How old was Eric when he died?
6. Who insisted on seeing Eric's body?
(a) His sister.
(b) His mother.
(c) His brother.
(d) His grandmother.
7. Who said tears would make "a pillow for my heart"?
(b) Ignatius of Antioch.
(d) James the Just.
8. Who does Nicholas say "scarcely looks ahead; his plans are cautious, few, short-term"?
(a) An old person.
(b) A groom.
(c) A teenager.
(d) A new father.
9. In what city was Eric born?
(a) New Haven.
(d) New York.
10. Who was on the plane that Nicholas took to Europe?
(a) Families with small children.
(b) Businessmen who were drinking heavily.
(c) Youths going to Europe for the first time.
(d) A boisterous tour group.
11. How old does Nicholas think Eric might have been in a photo that shows him holding a fish longer than he was?
12. In what month did Eric die?
13. When was there a furious dispute over the future direction of architecture?
14. In what city was Eric's apartment?
15. Where did Nicholas have to go to reclaim Eric's body?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did one of Eric's brothers place on the coffin?
2. What was the weather like when Nicholas received the call that Eric died?
3. Who met Nicholas at the airport?
4. What mountain did Eric plan to climb later that summer?
5. What did Eric spend much of one summer helping to rebuild?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)