|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who made a special cloth used during the funeral?
(a) A member of the congregation.
(b) Eric's grandmother.
(c) A friend of the family.
(d) An aunt.
2. What words does Nicholas use to describe Eric's apartment?
(a) Large and cluttered.
(b) Messy and unorganized.
(c) Light and airy.
(d) Dark and cramped.
3. Where was there a furious dispute over the future direction of architecture?
(a) Bauhaus, Germany.
(b) Gunkelrode, Germany.
(c) Solz, Germany.
(d) Menglers, Germany.
4. How old was Eric when he died?
5. If Eric's life was a gift, what does Nicholas say he and his family must resist?
6. What time did Nicholas receive the call that his son had died?
(a) 1:30 p.m.
(b) 3:30 p.m.
(c) 2:30 p.m.
(d) 4:30 p.m.
7. What did Eric's landlady say he loved more than anything?
8. What sacrament was celebrated at the funeral?
9. What day of the week was Eric's body returned to them?
10. What passage from the Bible does Nicholas quote that says, "The grass withers, the flower fades"?
(a) Ecclesiastes 3.
(b) Isaiah 40.
(c) Psalm 103.
(d) I Corinthians 15.
11. When death is seen as a slicing of what God declared to be, then what is death?
(a) A friend.
(b) A dark pit.
(c) The enemy.
(d) A deep despair.
12. Who composed the liturgy used at Eric's funeral?
(b) A friend.
(d) Eric's sister.
13. Of all of the things to do when comforting someone who is in pain because of grief, what is the greatest thing to do?
(c) Listen to the one who is hurting.
(d) Acknowledge the grief.
14. Where does Nicholas say that people need to go to comfort him?
(a) Come close.
(b) Come to the cemetery.
(c) Visit him at home.
(d) Spend time with him and his family.
15. For how many seconds did Nicholas feel the peace of resignation after learning of Eric's death?
(a) 2 seconds.
(b) 3 seconds.
(c) 5 seconds.
(d) 10 seconds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did one of Eric's brothers place on the coffin?
2. In what city was Eric's apartment?
3. At the grave site, what type of trees did the wind rustle through?
4. What did Nicholas experience after his brief moment of resignation?
5. What was the final hymn at Eric's funeral?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)