|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8: p. 83-91.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Jesus when he spoke words of comfort to his disciples?
(b) A hill in Galilee.
(d) A fishing boat on the Red Sea.
2. Who had just left on a plane to see Eric?
(a) A younger brother.
(b) An older sister.
(c) An aunt.
(d) His grandmother.
3. What metaphor does Nicholas use on page 76 to refer to faith?
(a) A sidewalk.
(b) A covered walk.
(c) A path.
(d) A footbridge.
4. What words does Nicholas use to describe Eric's apartment?
(a) Messy and unorganized.
(b) Dark and cramped.
(c) Light and airy.
(d) Large and cluttered.
5. When did Nicholas think he heard Eric call, "Hey Dad, I'm back."
(a) When he was jogging.
(b) When he was moving Eric's belongings.
(c) When he walked by a ball diamond.
(d) When he was in the backyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nicholas say "scarcely looks ahead; his plans are cautious, few, short-term"?
2. What did Eric give up because it did not fit his plans?
3. What does Nicholas say is God's response to our lovelessness?
4. At the grave site, what type of trees did the wind rustle through?
5. What day of the week did Eric die?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)