|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8: p. 83-91.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a voice say when Nicholas becomes fearful in the dream he mentions on page 50?
(a) Don't fear.
(b) Be still.
(c) Have faith.
(d) Don't worry.
2. Who wrote "God too is pained by death, more even than you and I are; but there's nothing much he can do about it"?
(a) Rabbi Kushner.
(b) Rabbi Elwood.
(c) Rabbi Klein.
(d) Rabbi Schmidt.
3. Who composed the liturgy used at Eric's funeral?
(a) A friend.
(c) Eric's sister.
4. On page 50, what happens in Nicholas' dream?
(a) His wife chokes on her food and dies.
(b) His friends disappear.
(c) He catches a monster fish.
(d) He meets a rabid dog in the woods.
5. One of Nicholas's friends had a son who died several weeks before Eric. How did this young man die?
(d) Brain tumor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said, "Truly, you are a God who hides yourself, O God of Israel, the Savior"?
2. On page 60, Nicholas speaks of an image that haunts him. Where is he standing in this image?
3. What did Nicholas and his family decide to do with Eric's belongings?
4. Who does Nicholas say "scarcely looks ahead; his plans are cautious, few, short-term"?
5. What does Nicholas say withers and what remains?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)