|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: p. 38-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of spices did Eric have in his cupboard?
2. What instruments were played at the funeral?
(a) Harp and violin.
(b) Cello and recorder.
(c) Trumpet and flute.
(d) Piano and organ.
3. What author does Nicholas quote, who says that "No man is an island"?
(a) John Donne.
(b) Edmund Waller.
(c) Ben Jonson.
(d) Francis Bacon.
4. What time did Nicholas receive the call that his son had died?
(a) 1:30 p.m.
(b) 4:30 p.m.
(c) 3:30 p.m.
(d) 2:30 p.m.
5. How old was Eric when he died?
Short Answer Questions
1. What passage from the Bible does Nicholas quote that says, "The grass withers, the flower fades"?
2. Where did Eric die?
3. What day of the week did Eric die?
4. Who does Nicholas say looks neither behind nor ahead because her humanity is just beginning?
5. When was the liturgy used at Eric's funeral composed?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)