|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: p. 28-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who met Nicholas at the airport?
2. When it comes to grief, what people need to be corrected eventually and gently?
(a) People who can no longer love.
(b) People who have become embittered.
(c) People who have no faith.
(d) People who believe things are more awful than they really are.
3. Where were Nicholas and Eric when Eric wondered how he could know there is a God?
(a) In Eric's bedroom.
(b) In the car.
(c) Taking a walk.
(d) At the park.
4. How old was Eric when he asked Nicholas how "we know there's God?"
5. For how many seconds did Nicholas feel the peace of resignation after learning of Eric's death?
(a) 3 seconds.
(b) 2 seconds.
(c) 5 seconds.
(d) 10 seconds.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month did Eric die?
2. Who said tears would make "a pillow for my heart"?
3. Which author in the Bible wrote that someone who dies is like a cloud that vanishes?
4. What elements did Nicholas believe would comfort him?
5. Who does Nicholas say looks neither behind nor ahead because her humanity is just beginning?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)