|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7: p. 72-82.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nicholas say is God's response to our lovelessness?
(a) Great anger.
(c) Avenging fury.
(d) Deep sorrow.
2. Whose funeral had Nicholas attended six months before Eric's death?
(a) Friends' baby who was born dead.
(b) The 90-year-old mother of a friend.
(c) A little girl who had leukemia.
(d) A 23-year-old son of his friend.
3. Who does Nicholas say "scarcely looks ahead; his plans are cautious, few, short-term"?
(a) An old person.
(b) A groom.
(c) A new father.
(d) A teenager.
4. How long does Nicholas say it took to create the world?
(a) A million years.
(b) Six days.
(c) A week.
(d) Billions of years.
5. What does Nicholas want someone to do if he thoughtlessly says that he is "Fine" or "OK"?
(a) Stop him and ask him how he really feels.
(b) Nod and say nothing.
(c) Take a walk with him.
(d) Sit down and talk with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nations does Nicholas mention when he thinks about what it would be like to be a member of a people whose national existence is under attack?
2. On page 60, Nicholas speaks of an image that haunts him. Where is he standing in this image?
3. When death is seen as a slicing of what God declared to be, then what is death?
4. What part of God is never seen?
5. When Nicholas reads the New Testament, of what fact is he convinced?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)