Section I: p. 5-16
• Nicholas Wolterstorff wrote "Lament for a Son" to help him deal with the premature death of his son, Eric in a mountain climbing accident.
• Stories are compiled by Nicholas relating to Eric's life and death to show how Nicholas overcomes the tragedy through his faith in God.
• Eric was twenty-five when he died in a mountain climbing accident in Austria.
• Nicholas buries Eric among willow trees in June.
• It is difficult for Nicholas to separate his son's body from his spirit.
• Nicholas learns of his son's death on a Sunday afternoon at three o'clock.
• Eric's younger brother just boarded a plane to join Eric in Munich.
• The call informs Nicholas that his son had an accident while climbing alone in the mountains, and Eric is dead.
• Eric was a smart child, a Merit Scholar, and a student of Art History.
• A hard worker, Eric...
This section contains 2,528 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)