Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story of Rabbit Boy, there is a boy who states that he has power over Rabbit Boy and that he is going to throw what over him?
2. When Richard had some of his Indian friends visit him in New York, what left the Indians speechless?
3. When Lame Deer was describing the pipe in Blood Turned Into Stone, he states that the pipe is "us". Therefore, the stem of the pipe represented what?
4. What was the name of Winnetou's sidekick?
5. What is the word for clown in the Lakota language?
Essay Topic 1
What importance was having an epilogue in the book? What insight does this epilogue provide into Lame Deer's life and into Richard Erdoes' life? How does the epilogue benefit the reader?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the experiences that Lame Deer and Richard Erdoes had growing up. Explain how the two became good friends and why you think they had such a strong relationship.
Essay Topic 3
In the book, Lame Deer mentions that he left the discussion about the peace pipe until the end of the book because it is the most important subject. Describe why the pipe is such an important symbol and thing in the Sioux Indian culture. Use specific information from the book to support your answers.
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)