|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What types of birds did Richard spend a lot of time with in the aviary?
2. What was the great wakinyan of the west clothed in?
3. How many sons did Richard Erdoes have?
4. What was the name of Winnetou's sidekick?
5. How many years did Richard go to the Odenwald Schule?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Lame Deer. Explain Lame Deer's characteristics and ideals. What is important to Lame Deer? In what ways do you agree with Lame Deer's views that are mentioned in the book? Are there any particular ideas that you don't agree with that that Lame Deer brings up in the book? If so, what are they and why do you disagree?
Essay Topic 2
What importance was having an epilogue in the book? What insight does this epilogue provide into Lame Deer's life and into Richard Erdoes' life? How does the epilogue benefit the reader?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Lame Deer's experience in the vision pit that is mentioned in the beginning of the book. How did this experience transform him from a boy to a man? Use specific information from the book to support your answers.
This section contains 1,120 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)