Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story of Rabbit Boy, there is a boy who states that he has power over Rabbit Boy and that he is going to throw what over him?
2. When Richard had some of his Indian friends visit him in New York, what left the Indians speechless?
3. When Lame Deer was describing the pipe in Blood Turned Into Stone, he states that the pipe is "us". Therefore, the stem of the pipe represented what?
4. What was the name of Winnetou's sidekick?
5. What is the word for clown in the Lakota language?
Essay Topic 1
According to Lame Deer, what are the evils that come from the "green frog skin"? Do you agree with Lame Deer's view on money? Why or why not? What other evils did the white man bring to the Indian culture? Use specific examples from the book to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Lame Deer state that one word like medicine man cannot describe what an actual medicine man is in the Sioux culture? How complex is being a medicine man and why? What different names and definitions does Lame Deer give for the Sioux "medicine men"?
Essay Topic 3
In the book, Lame Deer mentions that sometimes parents wanted their daughters to marry a famous chief but sometimes their daughter had her heart set on someone else. Sometimes the daughters would elope. Why do you think the tribe and parents approved of this union after the couple returned from their elopement? Why wasn't the arranged marriage forced by the parents and tribe? How did this help unity of families and the tribe as a whole?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)