Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story of Rabbit Boy, there is a boy who states that he has power over Rabbit Boy and that he is going to throw what over him?
2. When Richard had some of his Indian friends visit him in New York, what left the Indians speechless?
3. When Lame Deer was describing the pipe in Blood Turned Into Stone, he states that the pipe is "us". Therefore, the stem of the pipe represented what?
4. What was the name of Winnetou's sidekick?
5. What is the word for clown in the Lakota language?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Lame Deer. Explain Lame Deer's characteristics and ideals. What is important to Lame Deer? In what ways do you agree with Lame Deer's views that are mentioned in the book? Are there any particular ideas that you don't agree with that that Lame Deer brings up in the book? If so, what are they and why do you disagree?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the sun dance. Why would this ritual be considered harsh in the white man's world? What were you feelings about this ritual when you read about it? After reading Lame Deer's explanation of the sun dance, would you still consider it to be harsh? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Lame Deer state that one word like medicine man cannot describe what an actual medicine man is in the Sioux culture? How complex is being a medicine man and why? What different names and definitions does Lame Deer give for the Sioux "medicine men"?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)