Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story of Rabbit Boy, there is a boy who states that he has power over Rabbit Boy and that he is going to throw what over him?
2. When Richard had some of his Indian friends visit him in New York, what left the Indians speechless?
3. When Lame Deer was describing the pipe in Blood Turned Into Stone, he states that the pipe is "us". Therefore, the stem of the pipe represented what?
4. What was the name of Winnetou's sidekick?
5. What is the word for clown in the Lakota language?
Essay Topic 1
According to Lame Deer, what are the evils that come from the "green frog skin"? Do you agree with Lame Deer's view on money? Why or why not? What other evils did the white man bring to the Indian culture? Use specific examples from the book to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
Lame Deer went through a period in his life when he was searching for himself. Describe the process of Lame Deer discovering his true self. What experiences did Lame Deer have to help him discover who he was meant to be? Were there any influential people that helped Lame Deer on his path to discovery? If so, who were they?
Essay Topic 3
What does Lame Deer mean when he says, "what you see with your eyes shut is what counts"? How does this relate to the medicine man or wicasa wakan? How could it relate to other tribe members or even Lame Deer himself? Describe your thoughts on this statement and explain how it relates to the book and to the reader.
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)