Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story of Rabbit Boy, there is a boy who states that he has power over Rabbit Boy and that he is going to throw what over him?
2. When Richard had some of his Indian friends visit him in New York, what left the Indians speechless?
3. When Lame Deer was describing the pipe in Blood Turned Into Stone, he states that the pipe is "us". Therefore, the stem of the pipe represented what?
4. What was the name of Winnetou's sidekick?
5. What is the word for clown in the Lakota language?
In Chapter 9, Medicine, Good and Bad, Lame Deer talks about the medicine man or wicasa wakan and how they love silence. Why do you think the wicasa wakan had the desire to be by themselves and loved silence? What kinds of experiences did the wicasa wakan have as a result of silence and meditation? How did this bring the wicasa wakan closer to nature and closer to fellow Sioux Indians?
Describe how Lame Deer's ancestors and immediate family influenced him in his life and made him into the person he was.
Describe Lame Deer. Explain Lame Deer's characteristics and ideals. What is important to Lame Deer? In what ways do you agree with Lame Deer's views that are mentioned in the book? Are there any particular ideas that you don't agree with that that Lame Deer brings up in the book? If so, what are they and why do you disagree?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)