|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story of Rabbit Boy, there is a boy who states that he has power over Rabbit Boy and that he is going to throw what over him?
2. When Richard had some of his Indian friends visit him in New York, what left the Indians speechless?
3. When Lame Deer was describing the pipe in Blood Turned Into Stone, he states that the pipe is "us". Therefore, the stem of the pipe represented what?
4. What was the name of Winnetou's sidekick?
5. What is the word for clown in the Lakota language?
Essay Topic 1
What new things did you learn from this book about Indian culture? What things surprised you or enlightened you about the Sioux way of life? Use specific information to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the struggles and experiences that Lame Deer went through that helped him become insightful and respectful of the Sioux culture.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 9, Medicine, Good and Bad, Lame Deer talks about the medicine man or wicasa wakan and how they love silence. Why do you think the wicasa wakan had the desire to be by themselves and loved silence? What kinds of experiences did the wicasa wakan have as a result of silence and meditation? How did this bring the wicasa wakan closer to nature and closer to fellow Sioux Indians?
This section contains 1,182 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)