Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story of Rabbit Boy, there is a boy who states that he has power over Rabbit Boy and that he is going to throw what over him?
2. When Richard had some of his Indian friends visit him in New York, what left the Indians speechless?
3. When Lame Deer was describing the pipe in Blood Turned Into Stone, he states that the pipe is "us". Therefore, the stem of the pipe represented what?
4. What was the name of Winnetou's sidekick?
5. What is the word for clown in the Lakota language?
Essay Topic 1
What new things did you learn from this book about Indian culture? What things surprised you or enlightened you about the Sioux way of life? Use specific information to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the sun dance. Why would this ritual be considered harsh in the white man's world? What were you feelings about this ritual when you read about it? After reading Lame Deer's explanation of the sun dance, would you still consider it to be harsh? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What does Lame Deer mean when he says, "what you see with your eyes shut is what counts"? How does this relate to the medicine man or wicasa wakan? How could it relate to other tribe members or even Lame Deer himself? Describe your thoughts on this statement and explain how it relates to the book and to the reader.
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)