Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story of Rabbit Boy, there is a boy who states that he has power over Rabbit Boy and that he is going to throw what over him?
2. When Richard had some of his Indian friends visit him in New York, what left the Indians speechless?
3. When Lame Deer was describing the pipe in Blood Turned Into Stone, he states that the pipe is "us". Therefore, the stem of the pipe represented what?
4. What was the name of Winnetou's sidekick?
5. What is the word for clown in the Lakota language?
Essay Topic 1
Describe how Lame Deer's ancestors and immediate family influenced him in his life and made him into the person he was.
Essay Topic 2
What importance was having an epilogue in the book? What insight does this epilogue provide into Lame Deer's life and into Richard Erdoes' life? How does the epilogue benefit the reader?
Essay Topic 3
At the end of Chapter 16, Lame Deer says that "we can teach each other to see through the cloud of pollution that politicians, industrialists, and technical experts see as 'reality' ". Describe what Lame Deer is talking about when he mentions a cloud of pollution. What examples does Lame Deer describe of this pollution in the book?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)