Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story of Rabbit Boy, there is a boy who states that he has power over Rabbit Boy and that he is going to throw what over him?
2. When Richard had some of his Indian friends visit him in New York, what left the Indians speechless?
3. When Lame Deer was describing the pipe in Blood Turned Into Stone, he states that the pipe is "us". Therefore, the stem of the pipe represented what?
4. What was the name of Winnetou's sidekick?
5. What is the word for clown in the Lakota language?
Essay Topic 1
At the end of Chapter 16, Lame Deer says that "we can teach each other to see through the cloud of pollution that politicians, industrialists, and technical experts see as 'reality' ". Describe what Lame Deer is talking about when he mentions a cloud of pollution. What examples does Lame Deer describe of this pollution in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how Lame Deer thinks the white man has destroyed or taken the "spirit" from particular animals and also how the white man has taken away from his own natural body. What disasters befall the white man because of these problems, according to Lame Deer?
Essay Topic 3
In the book, Lame Deer mentions that he left the discussion about the peace pipe until the end of the book because it is the most important subject. Describe why the pipe is such an important symbol and thing in the Sioux Indian culture. Use specific information from the book to support your answers.
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)