|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lame Deer states in Blood Turned Into Stone that all Indian wisdom could be known through what?
(a) The pipe.
(b) The smoke.
(c) The Great Spirit.
(d) The White Buffalo Woman.
2. In the Indian culture, Lame Deer states that clowns had more power than what?
(a) A poison arrow.
(c) A thunder storm.
(d) The atom bomb.
3. Where did Richard Erdoes study art?
4. What was Rabbit Boy's buckskin decorated with?
(a) Buffalo skin.
(b) Horse teeth.
(c) Eagle feathers.
(d) Porcupine quills.
5. When Richard had some of his Indian friends visit him in New York, what left the Indians speechless?
(a) The Statue of Liberty.
(b) The Atlantic Ocean.
(c) The skyscrapers.
(d) The hustle and bustle of New Yorkers.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Richard was driving through the plains on his first encounter with the American West, what were the houses surrounded by?
2. Where did Richard's first encounter with the American West take place?
3. In the story of Rabbit Boy, what came down to make the pieces of Rabbit Boy disappear?
4. Winnetou's sidekick was a German what?
5. What animal guarded the west entrance to the mountain where the wakinyan lived?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)