|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story of Richard and his friends writing a clandestine paper, how much were the costs for the parents of the condemned boy?
(a) 900 dollars.
(b) 500 dollars.
(c) 800 dollars.
(d) 300 dollars.
2. Why did Richard's aunt from Austria claim all her fleas liked him better?
(a) Because she was a religious woman.
(b) Because he was a young boy.
(c) Because he had sweeter blood.
(d) Because they knew she didn't like them.
3. What was something that was very sacred, especially to Indians, that the clowns could give the Sioux people?
4. The bowl of the pipe represented what?
(a) The hands.
(b) The head.
(c) The feet.
(d) The body.
5. The second thunderbird who was red, has wings with how many joints?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Richard and his wife have?
2. Lame Deer states that being a clown brought honor but also what?
3. What was the color of the buckskin that Rabbit boy wore?
4. What shoots out from the wakinyan's eyes?
5. What did the name of the Itazipcho tribe mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. Before Richard Erdoes met his Indian friends, what did he do in New York?
2. What does the great wakinyan or thunderbird of the west look like?
3. Who was Karl May's favorite Indian hero?
4. Where did Richard Erdoes' Jewish grandfather live and what did he teach Richard?
5. What did the woman look like that presented the first pipe to the Sioux tribe?
6. How does Richard Erdoes describe the prairie of South Dakota?
7. How does Lame Deer liken the sacred pipe to a Sioux person?
8. What did Richard Erdoes see when he rushed to the window and looked outside on his first day in New York City?
9. What happened when Richard Erdoes was attending a yuwipi meeting and he asked to take photographs?
10. What did the substitute dancers in a heyoka ceremony wear?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)