|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lame Deer states that the egg from which all the thunderbirds are hatched is bigger than what?
(a) A mountain lake.
(b) South Dakota.
(c) A mountain.
(d) New York City.
2. What did a heyoka ceremony start with?
(a) A dance.
(b) A bath.
(c) Singing a chant.
(d) Smoking a pipe.
3. When Richard fed about sixty Indians in his New York apartment in 1967, how many of those Indians had come to participate in a peace march with Martin Luther King?
4. How many paths led into the mountain where the wakinyan lived?
5. The substitute dancers that helped the heyokas put grass in what two places?
(a) Their shoes and ears.
(b) Their belts and hair.
(c) Their belts and shoes.
(d) Their hair and shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Rabbit Boy's buckskin decorated with?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 15, Lame Deer states that he was going to tell a story that wouldn't be funny. The story was about what?
3. When Richard was driving through the plains on his first encounter with the American West, what were the houses surrounded by?
4. Where does Lame Deer state that too many of the Sioux Indian things wind up?
5. How many hunters were sent out who discovered the White Buffalo Woman?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to legend, where did the Sioux nation come from?
2. When Lame Deer tried to describe a thunderbird, why did he say that could not do it?
3. Where did Richard Erdoes' Jewish grandfather live and what did he teach Richard?
4. Describe the Odenwald Schule that Richard Erdoes attended for two years.
5. How does Richard Erdoes describe the prairie of South Dakota?
6. Who was Karl May's favorite Indian hero?
7. What does Lame Deer say is the reason that one loud clap of thunder is heard followed by smaller rumblings?
8. Because of Iktome, the spider man, what did the villagers do to Rabbit Boy?
9. How does Lame Deer suggest that mankind can get back on the red road of the pipe or the road of life?
10. What happened when Richard Erdoes was arrested by a brutish-looking policeman?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)