|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the name of the Itazipcho tribe mean?
(a) With Honor.
(b) Without Guns.
(c) Without Bows.
(d) With Spirit.
2. When Richard fed about sixty Indians in his New York apartment in 1967, how many of those Indians had come to participate in a peace march with Martin Luther King?
3. What was the great wakinyan of the west clothed in?
4. When Lame Deer talks about a clown going to the store, the clown discovers a can that has a picture of what on it?
(a) A naked chicken.
(b) A horse running fast.
(c) A pig over a fire pit.
(d) A fat puppy.
5. When the White Buffalo walked away from the tribe, what was she doing?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story of Richard and his friends writing a clandestine paper, how much were the costs for the parents of the condemned boy?
2. When Lame Deer was describing the pipe in Blood Turned Into Stone, he states that the pipe is "us". Therefore, the stem of the pipe represented what?
3. What was the name of Richard Erdoes' wife?
4. How many sons did Richard Erdoes have?
5. What is the name of the the spider-man in Sioux legend?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Sioux legend, where did the blood-red rock found in the southwest corner of Minnesota come from?
2. Describe some of the strange things that a heyoka, or clown does.
3. Because of Iktome, the spider man, what did the villagers do to Rabbit Boy?
4. What did Iktome, the spider man, decide to do after he discovered that Rabbit Boy had come back to life and gone up with the clouds?
5. Where are the places set aside for surviving buffalo herds, and what does Lame Deer state the buffalo would say if they could speak?
6. When Lame Deer tried to describe a thunderbird, why did he say that could not do it?
7. What happened when Richard Erdoes was attending a yuwipi meeting and he asked to take photographs?
8. According to legend, where did the Sioux nation come from?
9. In the story of the White Buffalo Woman, what did she say kept the tribe alive?
10. What does Richard Erdoes say he did as a child when he would attend a "blood opera" with his pals?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)