|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story of Rabbit Boy, there is a boy who states that he has power over Rabbit Boy and that he is going to throw what over him?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A net.
(c) A rope.
(d) A hoop.
2. When Richard had some of his Indian friends visit him in New York, what left the Indians speechless?
(a) The hustle and bustle of New Yorkers.
(b) The Atlantic Ocean.
(c) The skyscrapers.
(d) The Statue of Liberty.
3. When Lame Deer was describing the pipe in Blood Turned Into Stone, he states that the pipe is "us". Therefore, the stem of the pipe represented what?
(a) An arm.
(b) A body.
(c) A leg.
(d) A backbone.
4. What was the name of Winnetou's sidekick?
(a) Old cowboy guns.
(b) Old Pacekeeper.
(c) Old Shatterhand.
(d) Old Horse boy.
5. What is the word for clown in the Lakota language?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 15, Lame Deer states that he was going to tell a story that wouldn't be funny. The story was about what?
2. What did the name of the Itazipcho tribe mean?
3. What was something that was very sacred, especially to Indians, that the clowns could give the Sioux people?
4. When Lame Deer received the chance to hold the Ptehincala Huhu Canunpa, what colors of flannel was it wrapped in?
5. At the beginning of Blood Turned Into Stone, Lame Deer talks about the people who inhabited this land a long time ago trying to save themselves from an immense flood by going where?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)