|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the name of the pipe, Ptehincala Huhu Canunpa mean?
(a) Buffalo Bone Pipe.
(b) White Buffalo Woman Pipe.
(c) Buffalo Woman Pipe.
(d) Buffalo Calf Bone Pipe.
2. After Richard fed the Indians at his New York apartment, one old man stayed at his apartment for how many months?
3. What did a heyoka ceremony start with?
(a) A bath.
(b) A dance.
(c) Smoking a pipe.
(d) Singing a chant.
4. In the story of Rabbit Boy, what came down to make the pieces of Rabbit Boy disappear?
(a) A giant thunderbird.
(c) A cloud.
5. At the beginning of Blood Turned Into Stone, Lame Deer talks about the people who inhabited this land a long time ago trying to save themselves from an immense flood by going where?
(a) To their boats by the river.
(b) To an alter to pray.
(c) To a hidden cave in the mountains.
(d) To the top of a high hill.
Short Answer Questions
1. In order for a person to have listened to the story of Much-Blood-Man a person ought to have fasted for how many days?
2. What saved a young beautiful woman from the immense flood?
3. Lame Deer states that all the Sioux sweat lodges faced what direction?
4. What was Rabbit Boy's buckskin decorated with?
5. One clown was called Heyoka Osni which means what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Before Richard Erdoes met his Indian friends, what did he do in New York?
2. What does Lame Deer say is the reason that one loud clap of thunder is heard followed by smaller rumblings?
3. What does Lame Deer state the old people used to say about damage caused by lightning?
4. Where did Richard Erdoes' Jewish grandfather live and what did he teach Richard?
5. How does Lame Deer suggest that mankind can get back on the red road of the pipe or the road of life?
6. According to legend, where did the Sioux nation come from?
7. According to Sioux legend, where did the blood-red rock found in the southwest corner of Minnesota come from?
8. Where are the places set aside for surviving buffalo herds, and what does Lame Deer state the buffalo would say if they could speak?
9. What did Richard Erdoes see when he rushed to the window and looked outside on his first day in New York City?
10. How did each day end for Richard Erdoes when he lived with his aunt who was a Mohammedan girl from Sarajevo?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)