|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Richard fed the Indians at his New York apartment, one old man stayed at his apartment for how many months?
2. The substitute dancers that helped the heyokas put grass in what two places?
(a) Their belts and hair.
(b) Their hair and shoes.
(c) Their belts and shoes.
(d) Their shoes and ears.
3. In what year was Richard sent to do a story on an old mining railroad?
4. What was the color of the buckskin that Rabbit boy wore?
5. When Lame Deer was describing the pipe in Blood Turned Into Stone, he states that the pipe is "us". Therefore, the stem of the pipe represented what?
(a) A backbone.
(b) A body.
(c) A leg.
(d) An arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lame Deer tells a story from the 1920's when an Indian was running away from a bunch of cowboys on horseback who couldn't catch him. How old was the Indian?
2. Lame Deer states that being a clown brought honor but also what?
3. How many years did Richard go to the Odenwald Schule?
4. What did Richard keep doing all the way back to their campsite after his first experience with the American West?
5. When the earth was young, the Sioux Indians believe that the wakinyan ruled over what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where are the places set aside for surviving buffalo herds, and what does Lame Deer state the buffalo would say if they could speak?
2. How did each day end for Richard Erdoes when he lived with his aunt who was a Mohammedan girl from Sarajevo?
3. What does Richard Erdoes say he did as a child when he would attend a "blood opera" with his pals?
4. Why would it make a sick person happy to hear a heyoka tell them that they are going to die?
5. According to legend, where did the Sioux nation come from?
6. In the story of the White Buffalo Woman, what did she say kept the tribe alive?
7. What happened when Richard Erdoes was attending a yuwipi meeting and he asked to take photographs?
8. What does Lame Deer state the old people used to say about damage caused by lightning?
9. What happened when Richard Erdoes was arrested by a brutish-looking policeman?
10. Describe the place where the wakinyan live.
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)