|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lame Deer mentions that sometimes the tonwan or thunderbolt hits something. What does he describe it hitting?
(a) A human.
(b) A pig.
(c) A horse.
(d) A bull.
2. Why did Richard's aunt from Austria claim all her fleas liked him better?
(a) Because he was a young boy.
(b) Because they knew she didn't like them.
(c) Because he had sweeter blood.
(d) Because she was a religious woman.
3. What was the color of the buckskin that Rabbit boy wore?
4. How did a clown ride his horse?
(b) Standing up.
5. When the White Buffalo walked away from the tribe, what was she doing?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Blood Turned Into Stone, Lame Deer talks about the people who inhabited this land a long time ago trying to save themselves from an immense flood by going where?
2. In the story of Rabbit Boy, there is a boy who states that he has power over Rabbit Boy and that he is going to throw what over him?
3. The birds that Richard spent time with ate raw hamburger out of his hand along with fragments of what?
4. What types of birds did Richard spend a lot of time with in the aviary?
5. When the White Buffalo Woman entered the tipi with the old men of the tribe, what was the only thing they could offer her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story that Lame Deer tells about the heyoka turtle and the heyoka frog?
2. Where are the places set aside for surviving buffalo herds, and what does Lame Deer state the buffalo would say if they could speak?
3. Describe the place where the wakinyan live.
4. What does Lame Deer say is the reason that one loud clap of thunder is heard followed by smaller rumblings?
5. Some medicine men have an eagle feather attached to their pipe. Where is the eagle feather attached and why?
6. What happened when Richard Erdoes was attending a yuwipi meeting and he asked to take photographs?
7. Before Richard Erdoes met his Indian friends, what did he do in New York?
8. How did each day end for Richard Erdoes when he lived with his aunt who was a Mohammedan girl from Sarajevo?
9. Because of Iktome, the spider man, what did the villagers do to Rabbit Boy?
10. How does Lame Deer liken the sacred pipe to a Sioux person?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)