|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the process of building a sweat house, how many white willow trees needed to be cut?
2. In the tale about the Stone Boy, what does the young girl swallow?
(a) A horse.
(b) A boy.
(c) An arrow.
(d) A stone.
3. Which direction did the sweat lodge face?
4. How many days did the ghost dance last?
5. To protect their daughters from tipi-creepers, what would mothers tie around their daughter's waists?
(a) Eagle feathers.
(b) Hair ropes.
(c) Knotted brances.
(d) Buffalo skin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many guns are there in the Museum of the American Indian in New York City that once belonged to famous Indian chiefs?
2. When Lame Deer was asked to pick a trade when he was in the reformatory, what did he choose?
3. One way for young folks to get together was for the girl to stand outside her family's tipi with what?
4. What does the Sioux word wincincalas mean?
5. In the beginning of Chapter 13, Lame Deer states that the first thing the white man usually asks about is what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Lame Deer end up with a bum shoulder?
2. What did the old Indian in The Green Frog Skin mean when he said, "now they own the air, too."?
3. How does Godfrey Chips describe Crazy Horse?
4. Describe what happened when Indian police surrounded Sitting Bull's cabin.
5. After the Indians smoke for the fourth and last time in the sweat house, what do they say and how do they exit?
6. Describe the first white man that Lame Deer ever met.
7. How many buffalo skulls were needed in the old days of the sun dance and what were they needed for?
8. What are some of the meanings of the word yuwipi that Lame Deer mentions in the book?
9. What would the mothers of daughters afraid of tipi-creepers do to create a "No Trespassing" sign on their daughter and what would the mothers do if they found there had been a tipi-creeper?
10. Why does Lame Deer and Richard Erdoes enjoy sitting on Teddy Roosevelt's head more than the other heads on Mount Rushmore?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)