|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the the spider-man in Sioux legend?
2. When the earth was young, the Sioux Indians believe that the wakinyan ruled over what?
(a) The underworld.
(b) The land.
(c) The heavens.
(d) The waters.
3. What did the name of the Itazipcho tribe mean?
(a) Without Guns.
(b) With Honor.
(c) Without Bows.
(d) With Spirit.
4. When Lame Deer received the chance to hold the Ptehincala Huhu Canunpa, what colors of flannel was it wrapped in?
(a) Yellow and green.
(b) Yellow and blue.
(c) Blue and red.
(d) Red and green.
5. Who did Richard Erdoes claim was responsible for he and his pals attending "blood operas"?
(a) Karl May.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His mother.
6. In the story of Richard and his friends writing a clandestine paper, how much were the costs for the parents of the condemned boy?
(a) 500 dollars.
(b) 900 dollars.
(c) 800 dollars.
(d) 300 dollars.
7. In order for a person to have listened to the story of Much-Blood-Man a person ought to have fasted for how many days?
8. How many paths led into the mountain where the wakinyan lived?
9. In the story mentioned in the beginning of Blood Turned Into Stone, what made up the large pool of blood?
(a) Blood from the animals killed in the flood.
(b) The tears of the people.
(c) The thunderbird cries and buffalo skin.
(d) Flesh and bones of the people.
10. What did the stone represent on the pipe?
(a) The head.
(b) The heart.
(c) The body.
(d) The blood.
11. Lame Deer states that those who saw the unktegila went blind for how many days?
12. What is the oldest dance along with the sun dance in the Sioux culture?
(a) The "Into the Sky" dance.
(b) The "Around the Bucket" dance.
(c) The "Water Comes" dance.
(d) The "Sing to the Rain" dance.
13. Richard Erdoes' father died how many weeks before he was born?
14. What types of birds did Richard spend a lot of time with in the aviary?
15. What did Richard keep doing all the way back to their campsite after his first experience with the American West?
(d) Snapping his gum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What saved a young beautiful woman from the immense flood?
2. Why did Richard's aunt from Austria claim all her fleas liked him better?
3. What does the name of the pipe, Ptehincala Huhu Canunpa mean?
4. When Richard had some of his Indian friends visit him in New York, what left the Indians speechless?
5. What does the Lakota word, wakinyan mean?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)