Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story of Rabbit Boy, there is a boy who states that he has power over Rabbit Boy and that he is going to throw what over him?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A net.
(c) A rope.
(d) A hoop.
2. When Richard had some of his Indian friends visit him in New York, what left the Indians speechless?
(a) The hustle and bustle of New Yorkers.
(b) The Atlantic Ocean.
(c) The skyscrapers.
(d) The Statue of Liberty.
3. When Lame Deer was describing the pipe in Blood Turned Into Stone, he states that the pipe is "us". Therefore, the stem of the pipe represented what?
(a) An arm.
(b) A body.
(c) A leg.
(d) A backbone.
4. What was the name of Winnetou's sidekick?
(a) Old cowboy guns.
(b) Old Pacekeeper.
(c) Old Shatterhand.
(d) Old Horse boy.
5. What is the word for clown in the Lakota language?
6. At the beginning of Chapter 15, Lame Deer states that he was going to tell a story that wouldn't be funny. The story was about what?
7. What did the name of the Itazipcho tribe mean?
(a) With Spirit.
(b) Without Bows.
(c) With Honor.
(d) Without Guns.
8. What was something that was very sacred, especially to Indians, that the clowns could give the Sioux people?
9. When Lame Deer received the chance to hold the Ptehincala Huhu Canunpa, what colors of flannel was it wrapped in?
(a) Red and green.
(b) Blue and red.
(c) Yellow and green.
(d) Yellow and blue.
10. At the beginning of Blood Turned Into Stone, Lame Deer talks about the people who inhabited this land a long time ago trying to save themselves from an immense flood by going where?
(a) To their boats by the river.
(b) To a hidden cave in the mountains.
(c) To the top of a high hill.
(d) To an alter to pray.
11. What did Richard keep doing all the way back to their campsite after his first experience with the American West?
(c) Snapping his gum.
12. When the White Buffalo Woman was addressing the children of the tribe she told them to "remember this and grow up" and do what?
(a) "Love the land."
(b) "Be better than the past."
(c) "Teach your children."
(d) "Live a good and strong life."
13. What does the Lakota word, wakinyan mean?
14. What is the name of the the spider-man in Sioux legend?
15. Winnetou never killed his enemies but stunned them with what?
(a) His powerful rope.
(b) The butt of his rifle.
(c) A horseshoe.
(d) A blow from his fists.
Short Answer Questions
1. Richard's grandfather taught him to stay away from what?
2. In the story mentioned in the beginning of Blood Turned Into Stone, what made up the large pool of blood?
3. The birds that Richard spent time with ate raw hamburger out of his hand along with fragments of what?
4. What did the smoke rising from the pipe represent?
5. Lame Deer states that all the Sioux sweat lodges faced what direction?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)