|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal guarded the west entrance to the mountain where the wakinyan lived?
(a) A deer.
(b) A bear.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A buffalo.
2. What was the name of Richard Erdoes' wife?
3. Winnetou never killed his enemies but stunned them with what?
(a) A blow from his fists.
(b) A horseshoe.
(c) His powerful rope.
(d) The butt of his rifle.
4. When a clown was fooling around he was really performing what?
(a) A sad dance.
(b) A spiritual ceremony.
(c) A comedy act.
(d) A silly joke.
5. How many paths led into the mountain where the wakinyan lived?
6. When the White Buffalo walked away from the tribe, what was she doing?
7. In the story mentioned in the beginning of Blood Turned Into Stone, what made up the large pool of blood?
(a) The thunderbird cries and buffalo skin.
(b) The tears of the people.
(c) Blood from the animals killed in the flood.
(d) Flesh and bones of the people.
8. In order for a person to have listened to the story of Much-Blood-Man a person ought to have fasted for how many days?
9. When Richard fed about sixty Indians in his New York apartment in 1967, how many of those Indians had come to participate in a peace march with Martin Luther King?
10. What kind of work did Richard do in New York?
(a) He was an illustrator.
(b) He was an architect.
(c) He was a painter.
(d) He was a graphic designer.
11. What was the color of the buckskin that Rabbit boy wore?
12. If a person would swear by the sacred pipe then they could not do what?
(b) Go back on their word.
(c) Tell the truth.
13. Lame Deer tells the story of the heyoka turtle and the heyoka frog in Chapter 16. At the beginning of the story, what were they sitting on?
(a) A rock.
(b) A patch of grass.
(c) A lillypad.
(d) A log.
14. The substitute dancers that helped the heyokas put grass in what two places?
(a) Their shoes and ears.
(b) Their belts and shoes.
(c) Their hair and shoes.
(d) Their belts and hair.
15. Richard's grandfather taught him to stay away from what?
(a) The Nazis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lame describes a time when a friend of his went to the rock quarry to pick out stone. The park ranger said he could take out a pound for how much?
2. When Lame Deer received the chance to hold the Ptehincala Huhu Canunpa, what colors of flannel was it wrapped in?
3. What did the name of the Itazipcho tribe mean?
4. Where did Richard's first encounter with the American West take place?
5. Richard Erdoes' father died how many weeks before he was born?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)