|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Blood Turned Into Stone, Lame Deer talks about the people who inhabited this land a long time ago trying to save themselves from an immense flood by going where?
(a) To the top of a high hill.
(b) To an alter to pray.
(c) To a hidden cave in the mountains.
(d) To their boats by the river.
2. When Lame Deer received the chance to hold the Ptehincala Huhu Canunpa, what colors of flannel was it wrapped in?
(a) Red and green.
(b) Blue and red.
(c) Yellow and blue.
(d) Yellow and green.
3. Richard states in the Epilogue of the book that one kind soul solved his problem of religion by taking him where?
(a) To a planetarium.
(b) To a Catholic cathedral.
(c) To an open field of wild flowers.
(d) To a rose garden.
4. Richard's Catholic aunt in Austria went to early Mass each morning at what time?
(a) 6 A.M.
(b) 5 A.M.
(c) 7 A.M.
(d) 8 A.M.
5. In the story mentioned in the beginning of Blood Turned Into Stone, what made up the large pool of blood?
(a) Flesh and bones of the people.
(b) The thunderbird cries and buffalo skin.
(c) Blood from the animals killed in the flood.
(d) The tears of the people.
6. Winnetou's sidekick was a German what?
(b) Horse rancher.
7. When Richard was arrested by a brutish-looking policeman who took him to a park, the policeman gave him enough money for a third-class ticket to where?
8. In order for a person to have listened to the story of Much-Blood-Man a person ought to have fasted for how many days?
9. How many years did Richard go to the Odenwald Schule?
10. What saved a young beautiful woman from the immense flood?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A buffalo.
(c) A thunderbird.
(d) The Great Spirit.
11. Lame Deer tells the story of the heyoka turtle and the heyoka frog in Chapter 16. At the beginning of the story, what were they sitting on?
(a) A rock.
(b) A lillypad.
(c) A log.
(d) A patch of grass.
12. The birds that Richard spent time with ate raw hamburger out of his hand along with fragments of what?
(a) Bird seed.
(c) His own finger tips.
13. What is the word for clown in the Lakota language?
14. When Richard fed about sixty Indians in his New York apartment in 1967, how many of those Indians had come to participate in a peace march with Martin Luther King?
15. In the story of Rabbit Boy, there is a boy who states that he has power over Rabbit Boy and that he is going to throw what over him?
(a) A hoop.
(b) A net.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A rope.
Short Answer Questions
1. Richard Erdoes' father died how many weeks before he was born?
2. Lame Deer describes the heyokas as having rattles made from rows of what?
3. How many hunters were sent out who discovered the White Buffalo Woman?
4. The substitute dancers that helped the heyokas put grass in what two places?
5. What was the color of the buckskin that Rabbit boy wore?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)