|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the color of the buckskin that Rabbit boy wore?
2. What was the name of Richard Erdoes' wife?
3. The bowl of the pipe represented what?
(a) The head.
(b) The hands.
(c) The feet.
(d) The body.
4. When the White Buffalo Woman entered the tipi with the old men of the tribe, what was the only thing they could offer her?
(a) Deer meat.
(c) Dog meat.
(d) Buffalo hide.
5. What saved a young beautiful woman from the immense flood?
(a) A buffalo.
(b) The Great Spirit.
(c) A thunderbird.
(d) An eagle.
6. Where does Lame Deer state that too many of the Sioux Indian things wind up?
(a) Lost in nature.
(b) Lost to those who don't believe.
(c) In museums.
(d) In the trash.
7. Lame Deer states that being a clown brought honor but also what?
8. What types of birds did Richard spend a lot of time with in the aviary?
9. Lame Deer states in Blood Turned Into Stone that all Indian wisdom could be known through what?
(a) The pipe.
(b) The smoke.
(c) The White Buffalo Woman.
(d) The Great Spirit.
10. Lame Deer described the prayer he usually said when he was crying for a vision. He asked the Great Spirit to pity him so that what may occur?
(a) The land might grow.
(b) The white people will learn.
(c) His people may live.
(d) He might receive his vision.
11. In order for a person to have listened to the story of Much-Blood-Man a person ought to have fasted for how many days?
12. The second thunderbird who was red, has wings with how many joints?
13. What kind of work did Richard do in New York?
(a) He was an illustrator.
(b) He was a graphic designer.
(c) He was an architect.
(d) He was a painter.
14. The substitute dancers that helped the heyokas put grass in what two places?
(a) Their belts and hair.
(b) Their hair and shoes.
(c) Their belts and shoes.
(d) Their shoes and ears.
15. What does the name of the pipe, Ptehincala Huhu Canunpa mean?
(a) Buffalo Woman Pipe.
(b) White Buffalo Woman Pipe.
(c) Buffalo Bone Pipe.
(d) Buffalo Calf Bone Pipe.
Short Answer Questions
1. The birds that Richard spent time with ate raw hamburger out of his hand along with fragments of what?
2. Richard's Catholic aunt in Austria went to early Mass each morning at what time?
3. In the story mentioned in the beginning of Blood Turned Into Stone, what made up the large pool of blood?
4. What was the name of Winnetou's sidekick?
5. What was Rabbit Boy's buckskin decorated with?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)