|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children did Richard and his wife have?
2. Richard's Catholic aunt in Austria went to early Mass each morning at what time?
(a) 8 A.M.
(b) 7 A.M.
(c) 6 A.M.
(d) 5 A.M.
3. Richard states in the Epilogue of the book that one kind soul solved his problem of religion by taking him where?
(a) To a Catholic cathedral.
(b) To a rose garden.
(c) To an open field of wild flowers.
(d) To a planetarium.
4. Lame Deer tells the story of the heyoka turtle and the heyoka frog in Chapter 16. At the beginning of the story, what were they sitting on?
(a) A lillypad.
(b) A patch of grass.
(c) A log.
(d) A rock.
5. Lame Deer states that the egg from which all the thunderbirds are hatched is bigger than what?
(a) South Dakota.
(b) A mountain lake.
(c) A mountain.
(d) New York City.
6. Where does Lame Deer state that too many of the Sioux Indian things wind up?
(a) Lost to those who don't believe.
(b) In the trash.
(c) Lost in nature.
(d) In museums.
7. What did the large pool of blood turn into?
(a) Red pipestone.
(b) A thunderbird.
(c) A sacred statue.
(d) A human.
8. When a clown was fooling around he was really performing what?
(a) A silly joke.
(b) A spiritual ceremony.
(c) A sad dance.
(d) A comedy act.
9. When Richard had some of his Indian friends visit him in New York, what left the Indians speechless?
(a) The skyscrapers.
(b) The Atlantic Ocean.
(c) The hustle and bustle of New Yorkers.
(d) The Statue of Liberty.
10. What was the color of the buckskin that Rabbit boy wore?
11. The second thunderbird who was red, has wings with how many joints?
12. After Richard fed the Indians at his New York apartment, one old man stayed at his apartment for how many months?
13. Why did Richard's aunt from Austria claim all her fleas liked him better?
(a) Because he was a young boy.
(b) Because he had sweeter blood.
(c) Because she was a religious woman.
(d) Because they knew she didn't like them.
14. What did Richard keep doing all the way back to their campsite after his first experience with the American West?
(a) Snapping his gum.
15. When Richard stopped his car during his first encounter with the American West, what animal did he hear the calls of?
Short Answer Questions
1. The substitute dancers that helped the heyokas put grass in what two places?
2. What is the name of the the spider-man in Sioux legend?
3. What is the word for clown in the Lakota language?
4. In order for a person to have listened to the story of Much-Blood-Man a person ought to have fasted for how many days?
5. How many paths led into the mountain where the wakinyan lived?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)