|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many sons did Richard Erdoes have?
2. Lame Deer describes the heyokas as having rattles made from rows of what?
(a) Dried corn husks.
(b) Deer hoofs.
(c) Buffalo horns.
(d) Warrior beads.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 15, Lame Deer states that he was going to tell a story that wouldn't be funny. The story was about what?
4. After Richard fed the Indians at his New York apartment, one old man stayed at his apartment for how many months?
5. Where did Richard Erdoes study art?
6. What is the word for clown in the Lakota language?
7. What was the name of Winnetou's sidekick?
(a) Old Shatterhand.
(b) Old cowboy guns.
(c) Old Horse boy.
(d) Old Pacekeeper.
8. How did a clown ride his horse?
(c) Standing up.
9. How many paths led into the mountain where the wakinyan lived?
10. What did the stone represent on the pipe?
(a) The body.
(b) The heart.
(c) The head.
(d) The blood.
11. Where does Lame Deer state that too many of the Sioux Indian things wind up?
(a) In the trash.
(b) In museums.
(c) Lost in nature.
(d) Lost to those who don't believe.
12. The birds that Richard spent time with ate raw hamburger out of his hand along with fragments of what?
(a) His own finger tips.
(b) Bird seed.
13. What was Rabbit Boy's buckskin decorated with?
(a) Buffalo skin.
(b) Horse teeth.
(c) Porcupine quills.
(d) Eagle feathers.
14. When Richard was driving through the plains on his first encounter with the American West, what were the houses surrounded by?
(a) Wheat fields.
(b) Cattle fields.
(c) Corn fields.
(d) Barron land.
15. What did Richard keep doing all the way back to their campsite after his first experience with the American West?
(c) Snapping his gum.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Indian culture, Lame Deer states that clowns had more power than what?
2. If a person would swear by the sacred pipe then they could not do what?
3. Where did Richard's first encounter with the American West take place?
4. In the tale about Rabbit Boy, when the rabbit came across a pool of blood, what did he do?
5. One clown was called Heyoka Osni which means what?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)