|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story of Richard and his friends writing a clandestine paper, how much were the costs for the parents of the condemned boy?
(a) 900 dollars.
(b) 300 dollars.
(c) 500 dollars.
(d) 800 dollars.
2. When the White Buffalo Woman was addressing the children of the tribe she told them to "remember this and grow up" and do what?
(a) "Live a good and strong life."
(b) "Be better than the past."
(c) "Teach your children."
(d) "Love the land."
3. What made the first sound that was heard on earth?
(a) The howling of the wind pipe.
(b) An earthquake.
(d) The call of the thunderbird egg.
4. Why did Richard's aunt from Austria claim all her fleas liked him better?
(a) Because they knew she didn't like them.
(b) Because she was a religious woman.
(c) Because he was a young boy.
(d) Because he had sweeter blood.
5. What is the word for clown in the Lakota language?
6. How many people smoked Lame Deer's pipe that he brought to the convention mentioned in Blood Turned Into Stone?
7. In what year did Richard Erdoes finish High School?
8. Lame Deer states that being a clown brought honor but also what?
9. When Richard had some of his Indian friends visit him in New York, what left the Indians speechless?
(a) The Statue of Liberty.
(b) The Atlantic Ocean.
(c) The skyscrapers.
(d) The hustle and bustle of New Yorkers.
10. In what year was Richard sent to do a story on an old mining railroad?
11. Lame Deer describes the heyokas as having rattles made from rows of what?
(a) Deer hoofs.
(b) Buffalo horns.
(c) Dried corn husks.
(d) Warrior beads.
12. How many years did Richard go to the Odenwald Schule?
13. Lame Deer states that all the Sioux sweat lodges faced what direction?
14. In what year did Richard Erdoes find himself crossing the Atlantic Ocean?
15. What was something that was very sacred, especially to Indians, that the clowns could give the Sioux people?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the color of the buckskin that Rabbit boy wore?
2. The birds that Richard spent time with ate raw hamburger out of his hand along with fragments of what?
3. The second thunderbird who was red, has wings with how many joints?
4. What is the oldest dance along with the sun dance in the Sioux culture?
5. One clown was called Heyoka Osni which means what?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)