|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When a clown was fooling around he was really performing what?
(a) A silly joke.
(b) A comedy act.
(c) A sad dance.
(d) A spiritual ceremony.
2. Richard Erdoes' father died how many weeks before he was born?
3. In what year did Richard Erdoes find himself crossing the Atlantic Ocean?
4. What did the stone represent on the pipe?
(a) The body.
(b) The heart.
(c) The head.
(d) The blood.
5. How many children did Richard and his wife have?
6. How did a clown ride his horse?
(c) Standing up.
7. In what year did Richard Erdoes finish High School?
8. Where did Richard Erdoes study art?
9. Lame Deer states that being a clown brought honor but also what?
10. Lame Deer states that all the Sioux sweat lodges faced what direction?
11. Who did Richard Erdoes claim was responsible for he and his pals attending "blood operas"?
(a) Karl May.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His mother.
12. When Lame Deer received the chance to hold the Ptehincala Huhu Canunpa, what colors of flannel was it wrapped in?
(a) Red and green.
(b) Yellow and green.
(c) Yellow and blue.
(d) Blue and red.
13. How many sons did Richard Erdoes have?
14. After Richard fed the Indians at his New York apartment, one old man stayed at his apartment for how many months?
15. In the story of Richard and his friends writing a clandestine paper, how much were the costs for the parents of the condemned boy?
(a) 500 dollars.
(b) 800 dollars.
(c) 300 dollars.
(d) 900 dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What types of birds did Richard spend a lot of time with in the aviary?
2. Winnetou never killed his enemies but stunned them with what?
3. What is the name of the the spider-man in Sioux legend?
4. If a person would swear by the sacred pipe then they could not do what?
5. What did the smoke rising from the pipe represent?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)