|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Richard fed about sixty Indians in his New York apartment in 1967, how many of those Indians had come to participate in a peace march with Martin Luther King?
2. How many years did Richard go to the Odenwald Schule?
3. In what year did Richard Erdoes finish High School?
4. In the story of Rabbit Boy, there is a boy who states that he has power over Rabbit Boy and that he is going to throw what over him?
(a) A rope.
(b) A hoop.
(c) A net.
(d) A blanket.
5. When Richard was arrested by a brutish-looking policeman who took him to a park, the policeman gave him enough money for a third-class ticket to where?
6. What made the first sound that was heard on earth?
(a) The call of the thunderbird egg.
(b) The howling of the wind pipe.
(c) An earthquake.
7. What did the smoke rising from the pipe represent?
(c) The lungs.
(d) The eyes.
8. Why did Richard's aunt from Austria claim all her fleas liked him better?
(a) Because he was a young boy.
(b) Because she was a religious woman.
(c) Because he had sweeter blood.
(d) Because they knew she didn't like them.
9. What was the color of the buckskin that Rabbit boy wore?
10. What did a heyoka ceremony start with?
(a) Singing a chant.
(b) A bath.
(c) Smoking a pipe.
(d) A dance.
11. How did a clown ride his horse?
(b) Standing up.
12. When Richard was driving through the plains on his first encounter with the American West, what were the houses surrounded by?
(a) Barron land.
(b) Cattle fields.
(c) Wheat fields.
(d) Corn fields.
13. Lame Deer states that being a clown brought honor but also what?
14. What shoots out from the wakinyan's eyes?
15. After Richard fed the Indians at his New York apartment, one old man stayed at his apartment for how many months?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story of Richard and his friends writing a clandestine paper, how much were the costs for the parents of the condemned boy?
2. In what year did Richard Erdoes find himself crossing the Atlantic Ocean?
3. Winnetou never killed his enemies but stunned them with what?
4. Lame Deer states in Blood Turned Into Stone that all Indian wisdom could be known through what?
5. Where does Lame Deer state that too many of the Sioux Indian things wind up?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)