|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the White Buffalo walked away from the tribe, what was she doing?
2. How many paths led into the mountain where the wakinyan lived?
3. What did Richard keep doing all the way back to their campsite after his first experience with the American West?
(d) Snapping his gum.
4. What shoots out from the wakinyan's eyes?
5. When Richard stopped his car during his first encounter with the American West, what animal did he hear the calls of?
6. What did the stone represent on the pipe?
(a) The head.
(b) The blood.
(c) The heart.
(d) The body.
7. When the White Buffalo Woman was addressing the children of the tribe she told them to "remember this and grow up" and do what?
(a) "Be better than the past."
(b) "Live a good and strong life."
(c) "Teach your children."
(d) "Love the land."
8. Richard told of times when he and a Hungarian peasant girl would eat bacon with a fine powder of what?
(b) Black pepper.
(d) Red paprika.
9. Richard's grandfather taught him to stay away from what?
(a) The Nazis.
10. Lame Deer states that those who saw the unktegila went blind for how many days?
11. What was an owanka wakan?
(a) A sacred water bridge.
(b) A sacred hollow tree.
(c) A sacred pipe cover.
(d) A sacred earth altar.
12. How many children did Richard and his wife have?
13. When Lame Deer talks about a clown going to the store, the clown discovers a can that has a picture of what on it?
(a) A naked chicken.
(b) A fat puppy.
(c) A pig over a fire pit.
(d) A horse running fast.
14. What did the name of the Itazipcho tribe mean?
(a) Without Guns.
(b) With Honor.
(c) With Spirit.
(d) Without Bows.
15. How many years did Richard go to the Odenwald Schule?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Richard Erdoes claim was responsible for he and his pals attending "blood operas"?
2. When Lame Deer received the chance to hold the Ptehincala Huhu Canunpa, what colors of flannel was it wrapped in?
3. Richard Erdoes' father died how many weeks before he was born?
4. In the story mentioned in the beginning of Blood Turned Into Stone, what made up the large pool of blood?
5. Winnetou's sidekick was a German what?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)