|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the color of the buckskin that Rabbit boy wore?
2. When the White Buffalo Woman entered the tipi with the old men of the tribe, what was the only thing they could offer her?
(b) Dog meat.
(c) Deer meat.
(d) Buffalo hide.
3. The birds that Richard spent time with ate raw hamburger out of his hand along with fragments of what?
(a) His own finger tips.
(b) Bird seed.
4. What animal guarded the west entrance to the mountain where the wakinyan lived?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A buffalo.
(c) A bear.
(d) A deer.
5. Lame Deer tells a story from the 1920's when an Indian was running away from a bunch of cowboys on horseback who couldn't catch him. How old was the Indian?
(a) In his sixties.
(b) In his twenties.
(c) In his thirties.
(d) In his seventies.
6. Winnetou never killed his enemies but stunned them with what?
(a) A horseshoe.
(b) The butt of his rifle.
(c) A blow from his fists.
(d) His powerful rope.
7. Lame describes a time when a friend of his went to the rock quarry to pick out stone. The park ranger said he could take out a pound for how much?
(a) Five dollars.
(b) Ten dollars.
(c) A dollar.
(d) Two dollars.
8. At the beginning of Chapter 15, Lame Deer states that he was going to tell a story that wouldn't be funny. The story was about what?
9. Richard's grandfather taught him to stay away from what?
(a) The Nazis.
10. Lame Deer tells the story of the heyoka turtle and the heyoka frog in Chapter 16. At the beginning of the story, what were they sitting on?
(a) A lillypad.
(b) A log.
(c) A rock.
(d) A patch of grass.
11. When the earth was young, the Sioux Indians believe that the wakinyan ruled over what?
(a) The land.
(b) The underworld.
(c) The waters.
(d) The heavens.
12. Lame Deer states that those who saw the unktegila went blind for how many days?
13. What did a heyoka ceremony start with?
(a) Singing a chant.
(b) A bath.
(c) A dance.
(d) Smoking a pipe.
14. What is the word for clown in the Lakota language?
15. Lame Deer states that being a clown brought honor but also what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the name of the Itazipcho tribe mean?
2. What was the name of Winnetou's sidekick?
3. When the White Buffalo Woman was addressing the children of the tribe she told them to "remember this and grow up" and do what?
4. What shoots out from the wakinyan's eyes?
5. When Richard stopped his car during his first encounter with the American West, what animal did he hear the calls of?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)