|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many sons did Richard Erdoes have?
2. What was the name of Winnetou's sidekick?
(a) Old Shatterhand.
(b) Old Pacekeeper.
(c) Old cowboy guns.
(d) Old Horse boy.
3. Lame Deer states that those who saw the unktegila went blind for how many days?
4. Lame Deer states in Blood Turned Into Stone that all Indian wisdom could be known through what?
(a) The pipe.
(b) The smoke.
(c) The White Buffalo Woman.
(d) The Great Spirit.
5. When Lame Deer was describing the pipe in Blood Turned Into Stone, he states that the pipe is "us". Therefore, the stem of the pipe represented what?
(a) A body.
(b) A leg.
(c) A backbone.
(d) An arm.
6. When Richard was arrested by a brutish-looking policeman who took him to a park, the policeman gave him enough money for a third-class ticket to where?
7. What did Richard keep doing all the way back to their campsite after his first experience with the American West?
(c) Snapping his gum.
8. What was the color of the buckskin that Rabbit boy wore?
9. Lame Deer states that being a clown brought honor but also what?
10. What is the oldest dance along with the sun dance in the Sioux culture?
(a) The "Water Comes" dance.
(b) The "Into the Sky" dance.
(c) The "Sing to the Rain" dance.
(d) The "Around the Bucket" dance.
11. What does the Lakota word, wakinyan mean?
12. In what year was Richard sent to do a story on an old mining railroad?
13. In the story of Rabbit Boy, there is a boy who states that he has power over Rabbit Boy and that he is going to throw what over him?
(a) A net.
(b) A hoop.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A rope.
14. Lame Deer states that the egg from which all the thunderbirds are hatched is bigger than what?
(a) A mountain lake.
(b) A mountain.
(c) South Dakota.
(d) New York City.
15. At the beginning of Chapter 15, Lame Deer states that he was going to tell a story that wouldn't be funny. The story was about what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Richard's Catholic aunt in Austria went to early Mass each morning at what time?
2. In what year did Richard Erdoes find himself crossing the Atlantic Ocean?
3. In order for a person to have listened to the story of Much-Blood-Man a person ought to have fasted for how many days?
4. What was the great wakinyan of the west clothed in?
5. Richard Erdoes' father died how many weeks before he was born?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)