|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Richard's Catholic aunt in Austria went to early Mass each morning at what time?
(a) 8 A.M.
(b) 7 A.M.
(c) 6 A.M.
(d) 5 A.M.
2. When the White Buffalo walked away from the tribe, what was she doing?
3. Where did Richard Erdoes study art?
4. When the earth was young, the Sioux Indians believe that the wakinyan ruled over what?
(a) The heavens.
(b) The land.
(c) The underworld.
(d) The waters.
5. When Richard stopped his car during his first encounter with the American West, what animal did he hear the calls of?
6. How many children did Richard and his wife have?
7. How many hunters were sent out who discovered the White Buffalo Woman?
8. The substitute dancers that helped the heyokas put grass in what two places?
(a) Their belts and shoes.
(b) Their shoes and ears.
(c) Their belts and hair.
(d) Their hair and shoes.
9. Lame Deer states that those who saw the unktegila went blind for how many days?
10. What did the name of the Itazipcho tribe mean?
(a) With Honor.
(b) Without Bows.
(c) With Spirit.
(d) Without Guns.
11. Where does Lame Deer state that too many of the Sioux Indian things wind up?
(a) Lost in nature.
(b) In the trash.
(c) Lost to those who don't believe.
(d) In museums.
12. What was an owanka wakan?
(a) A sacred pipe cover.
(b) A sacred water bridge.
(c) A sacred earth altar.
(d) A sacred hollow tree.
13. What was the name of Richard Erdoes' wife?
14. When a clown was fooling around he was really performing what?
(a) A silly joke.
(b) A comedy act.
(c) A sad dance.
(d) A spiritual ceremony.
15. What did a heyoka ceremony start with?
(a) Singing a chant.
(b) Smoking a pipe.
(c) A bath.
(d) A dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Richard states in the Epilogue of the book that one kind soul solved his problem of religion by taking him where?
2. What did Richard keep doing all the way back to their campsite after his first experience with the American West?
3. Lame Deer states that the egg from which all the thunderbirds are hatched is bigger than what?
4. What was the name of Winnetou's sidekick?
5. The birds that Richard spent time with ate raw hamburger out of his hand along with fragments of what?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)