|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Richard Erdoes tells Lame Deer that good art cannot be made with what?
(a) Piece of green frog skin.
(b) A mountain.
(c) A jackhammer.
(d) A tail feather.
2. When Lame Deer was asked to pick a trade when he was in the reformatory, what did he choose?
(b) Fence builder.
(c) Rodeo clown.
(d) Sign painting.
3. How many puffs did the Sioux take on the peace pipe?
4. If a boy wasn't satisfied with just rubbing noses with a girl, he would ask an elk medicine man to make him what?
(a) An ax.
(b) A flute.
(c) A horse bridle.
(d) A bow and arrow.
5. At the Custer battle, who had green paper in their pockets?
(a) The Indian warriors.
(b) The white soldiers.
(c) The white generals.
(d) The Indian chiefs.
6. During the yuwipi ceremony a man would lie face down and have his fingers laced together with what?
(c) Horse hair.
(d) Human hair.
7. What does the name wicasa wakan mean?
(a) Medicine man.
(c) Witch doctor.
(d) Holy man.
8. Lame Deer talks about a bird in the book that doesn't chirp. What did the white man call this type of bird?
(a) A night hawk.
(b) A golden eagle.
(c) A crow.
(d) An owl.
9. What does the word inyan mean?
(a) The coyotes.
(b) The houses.
(c) The rocks.
(d) The horses.
10. When the holy man in the story of the ghost dance saw the beautiful land he saw a land that was dotted with what?
(d) Indian babies.
11. Crazy Horse never let a white man take what?
(a) His pipe.
(b) His bow and arrow.
(c) His picture.
(d) His freedom.
12. How much did the Indian who had lost a leg in an industrial accident receive in insurance money?
(a) Fifteen thousand dollars.
(b) Five thousand dollars.
(c) Ten thousand dollars.
(d) Twelve thousand dollars.
13. How many horses did Lame Deer's father have?
(a) Over two hundred.
(b) Over three hundred and fifty.
(c) Over three hundred.
(d) Over two hundred and fifty.
14. Which direction did the sweat lodge face?
15. What does the word hanhepiwi mean?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lame Deer mention was a problem for Indians and that it wouldn't get better?
2. Lame Deer talks about a famous chief that was named Man-Afraid-of-His-what?
3. Korczak Ziolkowski told Lame Deer and Richard Erdoes that his Crazy Horse monument would dwarf what?
4. What did Ziolkowski say he wanted to do for the Indians?
5. Lame Deer talks about an old white man that invited him and his friend into his cellar to drink and play cards. Lame Deer said that this bootlegger was so drunk he couldn't do what?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)