|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name for men who dressed like women?
2. How many times was the door to the sweat house opened during the inipi ceremony?
3. Lame Deer talks about a bird in the book that doesn't chirp. What did the white man call this type of bird?
(a) A golden eagle.
(b) A crow.
(c) An owl.
(d) A night hawk.
4. Which tribe did the ghost dance start in?
5. Lame Deer talks about a famous chief that was named Man-Afraid-of-His-what?
6. Which direction did the sweat lodge face?
7. Rocks that were used for curing were wrapped carefully in a piece of what?
(a) A star blanket.
(b) Buffalo skin.
(c) Horse hair.
(d) Eagle feathers.
8. What was the oldest and most solemn ceremony of the Sioux tribe?
(a) The inipi ceremony.
(b) The yuwipi ceremony.
(c) The sun dance.
(d) The steam bath.
9. Lame Deer mentions a special kind of deer called the taha topta sapa which had a black streak across what?
(a) It's face.
(b) It's ears.
(c) It's tail.
(d) It's stomach.
10. In the beginning of Chapter 13, Lame Deer states that the first thing the white man usually asks about is what?
(a) The peace pipe.
(c) Green frog skin.
(d) Buffalo skins.
11. Lame Deer states in the beginning of Chapter 9 that if a conjurer or witch doctor is bad, he will do what?
(a) Put an evil spirit into a person.
(b) Kill an animal and blame it on someone else.
(c) Cause hatred in the tribe.
(d) Put a sickness into you that only he can cure and then cure you for a price.
12. How many squares of flesh did Lame Deer's grandmother cut from her arm for him to have in the vision pit?
13. In the beginning of Chapter 6, Lame Deer mentions a pot with plenty of what inside?
(c) Dog meat.
14. How much did the Indian who had lost a leg in an industrial accident receive in insurance money?
(a) Fifteen thousand dollars.
(b) Five thousand dollars.
(c) Ten thousand dollars.
(d) Twelve thousand dollars.
15. What was on the blanket that Lame Deer's grandmother had made especially for the vision pit?
(a) A circle.
(b) A buffalo.
(c) A thunderbird.
(d) A star.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the tale of the Stone Boy, how many days was the young girl pregnant before she gave birth to a boy?
2. How old was Lame Deer when his mother died?
3. How many puffs did the Sioux take on the peace pipe?
4. If a boy wasn't satisfied with just rubbing noses with a girl, he would ask an elk medicine man to make him what?
5. In the beginning of the tale about the Stone Boy, a young girl had how many brothers?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)