|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To get ready for a yuwipi meeting, what did the floor need to be covered with?
(c) Buffalo hides.
2. One way for young folks to get together was for the girl to stand outside her family's tipi with what?
(a) A buffalo skull.
(b) A bowl of stew.
(c) A big blanket.
(d) A peace pipe.
3. At the end of the yuwipi ceremony, dog meat was eaten. If someone ended up with the dog's head, what did that mean?
(a) You must pass on your power to your eldest son.
(b) It will bring good luck.
(c) You are doomed to darkness.
(d) The dog will watch over you from the clouds.
4. What was the word that the Sioux tribe used for the stone god?
5. Korczak Ziolkowski told Lame Deer and Richard Erdoes that his Crazy Horse monument would dwarf what?
(a) The white man.
(b) Mount Rushmore.
(c) The pyramids of Egypt.
(d) The tallest buildings in New York.
6. If a boy wasn't satisfied with just rubbing noses with a girl, he would ask an elk medicine man to make him what?
(a) A flute.
(b) A bow and arrow.
(c) A horse bridle.
(d) An ax.
7. Lame Deer states that their tribe's oldest lady had a face like what?
(a) The Badlands.
(b) The wrinkled sheet.
(c) The rock covered mountains.
(d) Rippled water.
8. What does Lame Deer say the white man forgot to give Indians when they brought them whiskey?
(a) The instruction book.
(b) A flask.
(c) A woman to cry about.
(d) Green frog skin.
9. What did the rectangles represent that had one line missing that are found on the belt that Lame Deer's grandmother made?
(a) Horses' tracks.
(b) Puffs of smoke off the pipe.
(c) Open doors.
(d) Tipi houses.
10. In Chapter 12, Lame Deer talks about one thing that made him sad, that the town of Winner was surrounded on all sides by what?
(a) Boundry lines.
(c) Gates and locks.
(d) White cattle ranchers.
11. What does Lame Deer say the white man has changed it's women into?
12. At the Custer battle, who had green paper in their pockets?
(a) The Indian warriors.
(b) The white generals.
(c) The white soldiers.
(d) The Indian chiefs.
13. How many days did the ghost dance last?
14. Which tribe did the ghost dance start in?
15. Which direction did the sweat lodge face?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the name wicasa wakan mean?
2. Where does Lame Deer say the white man goes to to escape bad weather?
3. As a start to a yuwipi meeting what needed to be done with all the windows and doors?
4. In the beginning of the tale about the Stone Boy, a young girl had how many brothers?
5. Lame Deer states that most the time a person became a medicine man through what?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)