|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the Custer battle, who had green paper in their pockets?
(a) The white soldiers.
(b) The white generals.
(c) The Indian chiefs.
(d) The Indian warriors.
2. In the beginning of Chapter 6, Lame Deer mentions a pot with plenty of what inside?
(a) Dog meat.
3. Lame Deer talks about one of the Sioux's greatest holy men whose name was Chips. How old was Chips' grandson, Godfrey, when the power was passed on to him?
4. What animal was most likely to appear in a vision that a medicine man had?
(a) A deer.
(b) A buffalo.
(c) A bear.
(d) An eagle.
5. What does Lame Deer say the white man has changed it's women into?
6. Where does Lame Deer say the white man goes to to escape bad weather?
(a) Las Angeles.
(d) San Diego.
7. What was the name of the old medicine man that brought Lame Deer to the vision pit on the hilltop?
(a) Red Rock.
8. What Sioux word means to bind or tie up?
9. In the tale about the Stone Boy, what does the young girl swallow?
(a) A horse.
(b) A boy.
(c) An arrow.
(d) A stone.
10. In the tale of the Stone Boy, how many days was the young girl pregnant before she gave birth to a boy?
(c) Four hundred.
(d) Three thousand.
11. What animal does Lame Deer mention in Chapter 7 that is much like an Indian because it's unchangeable?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A buffalo.
(c) A bear.
(d) A cat.
12. Lame Deer talks about an old white man that invited him and his friend into his cellar to drink and play cards. Lame Deer said that this bootlegger was so drunk he couldn't do what?
(a) Find his nose with both hands.
(b) Stand up to go to the bathroom.
(c) Walk a zig-zagged line.
(d) Breath any fresh air.
13. Lame Deer talks about a famous chief that was named Man-Afraid-of-His-what?
14. How many days did the ghost dance last?
15. During the yuwipi ceremony a man would lie face down and have his fingers laced together with what?
(b) Human hair.
(c) Horse hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lame Deer know he needed to do after he saw his grandfather with blood dripping from his chest?
2. In Chapter 7, Pete Catches talks about his sister eating what animal's heart?
3. Lame Deer mentions a special kind of deer called the taha topta sapa which had a black streak across what?
4. In the process of building a sweat house, how many white willow trees needed to be cut?
5. Which direction did the sweat lodge face?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)