Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Lame Deer mention in Chapter 7 that is much like an Indian because it's unchangeable?
(a) A cat.
(b) A buffalo.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A bear.
2. When the holy man came back to earth in the story of the ghost dance, he began to teach the people a dance. How many songs did he have?
3. Where does Lame Deer say the white man goes to to escape bad weather?
(c) San Diego.
(d) Las Angeles.
4. In the tale of the Stone Boy, how many days was the young girl pregnant before she gave birth to a boy?
(a) Four hundred.
(c) Three thousand.
5. What does the word hanhepiwi mean?
6. What was the name of the old medicine man that brought Lame Deer to the vision pit on the hilltop?
(a) Red Rock.
7. What does the Sioux word wincincalas mean?
(a) Powerful warriors.
(b) Monstrous buffaloes.
(c) Good-looking girls.
(d) Frightened dogs.
8. What was the name of Lame Deer's (the great-grandfather) second chief that was shot by soldiers?
(a) Iron Star.
(b) Morning Sun.
(c) Screaming Eagle.
(d) Rod Iron.
9. Lame Deer talks about one of the Sioux's greatest holy men whose name was Chips. How old was Chips' grandson, Godfrey, when the power was passed on to him?
10. In the beginning of Chapter 6, Lame Deer mentions a pot with plenty of what inside?
(a) Dog meat.
11. Which tribe did the ghost dance start in?
12. Lame Deer states that their tribe's oldest lady had a face like what?
(a) The rock covered mountains.
(b) Rippled water.
(c) The wrinkled sheet.
(d) The Badlands.
13. How many horses did Lame Deer's father have?
(a) Over two hundred and fifty.
(b) Over two hundred.
(c) Over three hundred and fifty.
(d) Over three hundred.
14. What was the name for men who dressed like women?
15. In the process of building a sweat house, how many white willow trees needed to be cut?
Short Answer Questions
1. During the yuwipi ceremony a man would lie face down and have his fingers laced together with what?
2. What does the steam represent that is coming out of the pot mentioned in the beginning of Chapter 6?
3. Lame Deer mentions a special kind of deer called the taha topta sapa which had a black streak across what?
4. Lame Deer tells a story about his uncle and how his horse's rope was pulled into a badger's hole. What did his uncle have to do with the rope?
5. Richard Erdoes tells Lame Deer that good art cannot be made with what?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)