|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did a heyoka ceremony start with?
(a) A bath.
(b) Smoking a pipe.
(c) Singing a chant.
(d) A dance.
2. In the story mentioned in the beginning of Blood Turned Into Stone, what made up the large pool of blood?
(a) The tears of the people.
(b) Flesh and bones of the people.
(c) Blood from the animals killed in the flood.
(d) The thunderbird cries and buffalo skin.
3. How many guns are there in the Museum of the American Indian in New York City that once belonged to famous Indian chiefs?
(a) Eight or nine.
(b) Four or five.
(c) Six or seven.
(d) Five or six.
4. In what year was Richard sent to do a story on an old mining railroad?
5. In the beginning of Chapter 13, Lame Deer states that the first thing the white man usually asks about is what?
(a) Buffalo skins.
(c) The peace pipe.
(d) Green frog skin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal guarded the west entrance to the mountain where the wakinyan lived?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 15, Lame Deer states that he was going to tell a story that wouldn't be funny. The story was about what?
3. Lame Deer talks about one of the Sioux's greatest holy men whose name was Chips. How old was Chips' grandson, Godfrey, when the power was passed on to him?
4. What animal was most likely to appear in a vision that a medicine man had?
5. Korczak Ziolkowski told Lame Deer and Richard Erdoes that his Crazy Horse monument would dwarf what?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)