|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the the heyoka do when he ran up on the bucket of boiling water?
(a) Threw the water into the air.
(b) Spilled the water into a cold river.
(c) Poured the water over his head.
(d) Plunged his bare arm into the water.
2. In the beginning of the tale about the Stone Boy, a young girl had how many brothers?
3. What types of birds did Richard spend a lot of time with in the aviary?
4. Which tribe did the ghost dance start in?
5. What does the word heyoka mean?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Richard Erdoes find himself crossing the Atlantic Ocean?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 11, Lame Deer describes a yuwipi ceremony. What does Lame Deer state roared in the darkness?
3. Lame Deer states that many white men think that the sun dance is an initiation of what?
4. During the yuwipi ceremony a man would lie face down and have his fingers laced together with what?
5. What did Ziolkowski say he wanted to do for the Indians?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)