|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lame Deer say the white man goes to to escape bad weather?
(a) Las Angeles.
(d) San Diego.
2. In the book, Lame Deer talks about horses in a rodeo and how the riders knew how the horses were going to buck. He says that it's not like riding a horse any more, it's like driving what?
(a) A milk truck.
(b) A bike.
(c) A old mare.
(d) A garbage truck.
3. What Sioux word means to bind or tie up?
4. After Richard fed the Indians at his New York apartment, one old man stayed at his apartment for how many months?
5. At the end of the yuwipi ceremony, dog meat was eaten. If someone ended up with the dog's head, what did that mean?
(a) You are doomed to darkness.
(b) You must pass on your power to your eldest son.
(c) It will bring good luck.
(d) The dog will watch over you from the clouds.
Short Answer Questions
1. The White Buffalo Woman wore a dress made of what?
2. Lame describes a time when a friend of his went to the rock quarry to pick out stone. The park ranger said he could take out a pound for how much?
3. In the story of Rabbit Boy, there is a boy who states that he has power over Rabbit Boy and that he is going to throw what over him?
4. The birds that Richard spent time with ate raw hamburger out of his hand along with fragments of what?
5. Lame Deer states in Blood Turned Into Stone that all Indian wisdom could be known through what?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)