|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Upside-Down, Forward-Backward, Icy-Hot Contrary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times was the door to the sweat house opened during the inipi ceremony?
2. What was something that was very sacred, especially to Indians, that the clowns could give the Sioux people?
3. What did the rectangles represent that had one line missing that are found on the belt that Lame Deer's grandmother made?
(a) Horses' tracks.
(b) Tipi houses.
(c) Open doors.
(d) Puffs of smoke off the pipe.
4. Lame Deer tells a story from the 1920's when an Indian was running away from a bunch of cowboys on horseback who couldn't catch him. How old was the Indian?
(a) In his seventies.
(b) In his sixties.
(c) In his thirties.
(d) In his twenties.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 15, Lame Deer states that he was going to tell a story that wouldn't be funny. The story was about what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Lame Deer mention in Chapter 7 that is much like an Indian because it's unchangeable?
2. Lame Deer states that the egg from which all the thunderbirds are hatched is bigger than what?
3. Lame Deer talks about the white man being afraid of natural odors and declares that soon the white man will breed people without what?
4. What animal was most likely to appear in a vision that a medicine man had?
5. What Sioux word means to bind or tie up?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)