|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Upside-Down, Forward-Backward, Icy-Hot Contrary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Lame Deer, what was the name of the greatest of all the Sioux?
(a) Crazy Horse.
(b) Crazy Bull.
(c) Wild Horse.
(d) Sitting Bull.
2. Lame Deer states that most the time a person became a medicine man through what?
(a) The joint vision of the medicine men of the tribe.
(b) His grandfather's vision.
(c) The vision of the oldest medicine man in the tribe.
(d) His own vision.
3. When the tree was cut down to prepare for the sun dance and the lower branches were cut off, what was used to cover the "wounds" on the tree?
(a) Blessed water.
(b) Vermillion paint.
(c) A paste made of herbs and leaves.
(d) Buffalo's blood.
4. When Lame Deer talks about a clown going to the store, the clown discovers a can that has a picture of what on it?
(a) A fat puppy.
(b) A horse running fast.
(c) A naked chicken.
(d) A pig over a fire pit.
5. What was the name of Lame Deer's other grandfather besides Crazy Heart?
(a) Good Fox.
(b) Planter of Water.
(c) Did Not Butcher.
(d) Flying By.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many puffs did the Sioux take on the peace pipe?
2. Which entrance did the butterfly guard on the mountain where the wakinyan lived?
3. What does the Lakota word, wakinyan mean?
4. In the beginning of Chapter 6, Lame Deer mentions a pot with plenty of what inside?
5. The second thunderbird who was red, has wings with how many joints?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)