|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Upside-Down, Forward-Backward, Icy-Hot Contrary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One way for young folks to get together was for the girl to stand outside her family's tipi with what?
(a) A peace pipe.
(b) A buffalo skull.
(c) A big blanket.
(d) A bowl of stew.
2. What does the word inipi mean?
(a) Wood bow.
(b) Dog stew.
(c) Peace pipe.
(d) Sweat bath.
3. What was the name of the old medicine man that brought Lame Deer to the vision pit on the hilltop?
(d) Red Rock.
4. The beginning of the ghost dance began with a sweat bath and the burning of what?
(a) Old wood from a sacred tree.
(b) Dead animals.
5. What was the name for men who dressed like women?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 13, Lame Deer states that the first thing the white man usually asks about is what?
2. How old was Lame Deer when his mother died?
3. Lame Deer mentions a special kind of deer called the taha topta sapa which had a black streak across what?
4. What animal guarded the west entrance to the mountain where the wakinyan lived?
5. Which tribe did the ghost dance start in?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)