|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-14: Inipi-Grandfather's Breath; Yuwipi-Little Lights from Nowhere; Looking at the Sun, They Dance; Don't Hurt the Trees; Roll Up the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Lame Deer, what was the name of the greatest of all the Sioux?
(a) Sitting Bull.
(b) Crazy Bull.
(c) Crazy Horse.
(d) Wild Horse.
2. In Chapter 12, Lame Deer talks about one thing that made him sad, that the town of Winner was surrounded on all sides by what?
(a) Gates and locks.
(c) Boundry lines.
(d) White cattle ranchers.
3. In the beginning of the tale about the Stone Boy, a young girl had how many brothers?
4. In Chapter 8, Lame Deer talks about a young Navajo boy and girl in their apartment in their city. What color of blanket did he put over this young couple?
5. What was the oldest and most solemn ceremony of the Sioux tribe?
(a) The steam bath.
(b) The yuwipi ceremony.
(c) The inipi ceremony.
(d) The sun dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lame Deer talks about a famous chief that was named Man-Afraid-of-His-what?
2. What did Lame Deer mention was a problem for Indians and that it wouldn't get better?
3. If a boy wasn't satisfied with just rubbing noses with a girl, he would ask an elk medicine man to make him what?
4. One way for young folks to get together was for the girl to stand outside her family's tipi with what?
5. In Chapter 7, Pete Catches talks about his sister eating what animal's heart?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)