|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-14: Inipi-Grandfather's Breath; Yuwipi-Little Lights from Nowhere; Looking at the Sun, They Dance; Don't Hurt the Trees; Roll Up the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lame Deer talks about a famous chief that was named Man-Afraid-of-His-what?
2. In the first part of the book, Lame Deer describes a white soldier bellied down in a gully watching the women using his green frog skin to fire up what?
(a) The latern for the tipi.
(b) The bonfire for a dance.
(c) Fire wood.
(d) Buffalo chips.
3. Lame Deer mentions a special kind of deer called the taha topta sapa which had a black streak across what?
(a) It's tail.
(b) It's face.
(c) It's stomach.
(d) It's ears.
4. At the Custer battle, who had green paper in their pockets?
(a) The white generals.
(b) The Indian chiefs.
(c) The white soldiers.
(d) The Indian warriors.
5. What does the name wicasa wakan mean?
(a) Medicine man.
(b) Witch doctor.
(d) Holy man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lame Deer say is the name of a man who "uses the power of the rawhide and the stones to find and to cure"?
2. What was the name of Lame Deer's other grandfather besides Crazy Heart?
3. When the tree was cut down to prepare for the sun dance and the lower branches were cut off, what was used to cover the "wounds" on the tree?
4. In the tale about the Stone Boy, what does the young girl swallow?
5. What was the name of the old medicine man that brought Lame Deer to the vision pit on the hilltop?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)