|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-14: Inipi-Grandfather's Breath; Yuwipi-Little Lights from Nowhere; Looking at the Sun, They Dance; Don't Hurt the Trees; Roll Up the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Crazy Horse never let a white man take what?
(a) His bow and arrow.
(b) His picture.
(c) His freedom.
(d) His pipe.
2. How old was Lame Deer when his mother died?
3. What does the steam represent that is coming out of the pot mentioned in the beginning of Chapter 6?
(b) Living breath.
(c) New life.
4. At the Custer battle, who had green paper in their pockets?
(a) The white soldiers.
(b) The white generals.
(c) The Indian warriors.
(d) The Indian chiefs.
5. What did Lame Deer know he needed to do after he saw his grandfather with blood dripping from his chest?
(a) He needed to seek revenge on the white man.
(b) He needed to take his grandfather's name.
(c) He needed to be a medicine man.
(d) He needed to tell his family about the horrible truths of the white man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rocks that were used for curing were wrapped carefully in a piece of what?
2. How many guns are there in the Museum of the American Indian in New York City that once belonged to famous Indian chiefs?
3. As a start to a yuwipi meeting what needed to be done with all the windows and doors?
4. Lame Deer talks about a bird in the book that doesn't chirp. What did the white man call this type of bird?
5. Lame Deer talks about a famous chief that was named Man-Afraid-of-His-what?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)