|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-9: The Circle and the Square; Talking to the Owls and Butterflies; Two in a Blanket; Medicine Good and Bad.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lame Deer say is the main thing in marriage?
2. What does the word inyan mean?
(a) The horses.
(b) The rocks.
(c) The coyotes.
(d) The houses.
3. What does Lame Deer say is the name of a man who "uses the power of the rawhide and the stones to find and to cure"?
4. How many puffs did the Sioux take on the peace pipe?
5. If a boy wasn't satisfied with just rubbing noses with a girl, he would ask an elk medicine man to make him what?
(a) A horse bridle.
(b) An ax.
(c) A flute.
(d) A bow and arrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the word hanhepiwi mean?
2. What was on the blanket that Lame Deer's grandmother had made especially for the vision pit?
3. Lame Deer talks about a famous chief that was named Man-Afraid-of-His-what?
4. When Lame Deer was asked to pick a trade when he was in the reformatory, what did he choose?
5. What was the name of the old medicine man that brought Lame Deer to the vision pit on the hilltop?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)