|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-9: The Circle and the Square; Talking to the Owls and Butterflies; Two in a Blanket; Medicine Good and Bad.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the word inyan mean?
(a) The coyotes.
(b) The horses.
(c) The houses.
(d) The rocks.
2. What does the Sioux word wincincalas mean?
(a) Good-looking girls.
(b) Monstrous buffaloes.
(c) Frightened dogs.
(d) Powerful warriors.
3. What animal does Lame Deer mention in Chapter 7 that is much like an Indian because it's unchangeable?
(a) A cat.
(b) A bear.
(c) A buffalo.
(d) A wolf.
4. Lame Deer talks about the white man being afraid of natural odors and declares that soon the white man will breed people without what?
(d) Body openings.
5. What was the name of the old medicine man that brought Lame Deer to the vision pit on the hilltop?
(a) Red Rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Lame Deer when his mother died?
2. What was the name of Lame Deer's (the great-grandfather) second chief that was shot by soldiers?
3. At the Custer battle, who had green paper in their pockets?
4. What was the reason that Indians drank according to Lame Deer?
5. If a boy wasn't satisfied with just rubbing noses with a girl, he would ask an elk medicine man to make him what?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)