|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-5: Alone on the Hilltip; That Gun in the New York Museum Belongs to Me; The Green Frog Skin; Getting Drunk, Going to Jail; Sitting on Top of Teddy Roosevelt's Head.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many squares of flesh did Lame Deer's grandmother cut from her arm for him to have in the vision pit?
2. How much did the Indian who had lost a leg in an industrial accident receive in insurance money?
(a) Ten thousand dollars.
(b) Five thousand dollars.
(c) Fifteen thousand dollars.
(d) Twelve thousand dollars.
3. What did Lame Deer mention was a problem for Indians and that it wouldn't get better?
4. How many horses did Lame Deer's father have?
(a) Over two hundred.
(b) Over two hundred and fifty.
(c) Over three hundred and fifty.
(d) Over three hundred.
5. What did Ziolkowski say he wanted to do for the Indians?
(a) He said he wanted to stop work on Mount Rushmore.
(b) He said he wanted to paint Mount Rushmore in horrible colors.
(c) He said that he wanted to dedicate his work to Lame Deer.
(d) He said he wanted to put up a giant statue of Crazy Horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the word hanhepiwi mean?
2. Richard Erdoes tells Lame Deer that good art cannot be made with what?
3. What did Lame Deer know he needed to do after he saw his grandfather with blood dripping from his chest?
4. What does Lame Deer say is on the money, but is being killed by the money?
5. Lame Deer talks about a bird in the book that doesn't chirp. What did the white man call this type of bird?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)