|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Upside-Down, Forward-Backward, Icy-Hot Contrary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Sioux word wincincalas mean?
(a) Frightened dogs.
(b) Good-looking girls.
(c) Powerful warriors.
(d) Monstrous buffaloes.
2. Lame Deer states that their tribe's oldest lady had a face like what?
(a) The rock covered mountains.
(b) The wrinkled sheet.
(c) The Badlands.
(d) Rippled water.
3. As a start to a yuwipi meeting what needed to be done with all the windows and doors?
(a) They needed to be purified.
(b) The needed to be opened.
(c) They needed to be covered with blankets.
(d) They needed to be painted.
4. At the end of the yuwipi ceremony, dog meat was eaten. If someone ended up with the dog's head, what did that mean?
(a) You are doomed to darkness.
(b) The dog will watch over you from the clouds.
(c) You must pass on your power to your eldest son.
(d) It will bring good luck.
5. When the tree was cut down to prepare for the sun dance and the lower branches were cut off, what was used to cover the "wounds" on the tree?
(a) Vermillion paint.
(b) Blessed water.
(c) A paste made of herbs and leaves.
(d) Buffalo's blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 13, Lame Deer states that the first thing the white man usually asks about is what?
2. One clown was called Heyoka Osni which means what?
3. In the Indian culture, Lame Deer states that clowns had more power than what?
4. How many puffs did the Sioux take on the peace pipe?
5. In Chapter 12, Lame Deer talks about one thing that made him sad, that the town of Winner was surrounded on all sides by what?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)