|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Upside-Down, Forward-Backward, Icy-Hot Contrary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lame Deer states that being a clown brought honor but also what?
2. Lame Deer talks about a bird in the book that doesn't chirp. What did the white man call this type of bird?
(a) A crow.
(b) A golden eagle.
(c) A night hawk.
(d) An owl.
3. According to Lame Deer, what was the name of the greatest of all the Sioux?
(a) Crazy Horse.
(b) Crazy Bull.
(c) Sitting Bull.
(d) Wild Horse.
4. If a boy wasn't satisfied with just rubbing noses with a girl, he would ask an elk medicine man to make him what?
(a) An ax.
(b) A bow and arrow.
(c) A horse bridle.
(d) A flute.
5. In the first part of the book, Lame Deer describes a white soldier bellied down in a gully watching the women using his green frog skin to fire up what?
(a) The bonfire for a dance.
(b) The latern for the tipi.
(c) Fire wood.
(d) Buffalo chips.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Indian culture, Lame Deer states that clowns had more power than what?
2. The second thunderbird who was red, has wings with how many joints?
3. In Chapter 8, Lame Deer talks about a young Navajo boy and girl in their apartment in their city. What color of blanket did he put over this young couple?
4. What did a heyoka ceremony start with?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 13, Lame Deer mentions that one of his tribe's troubles is that they can't do what?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)