|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Upside-Down, Forward-Backward, Icy-Hot Contrary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first part of the book, Lame Deer describes a white soldier bellied down in a gully watching the women using his green frog skin to fire up what?
(a) Buffalo chips.
(b) The latern for the tipi.
(c) Fire wood.
(d) The bonfire for a dance.
2. What does the name wicasa wakan mean?
(a) Medicine man.
(b) Holy man.
(d) Witch doctor.
3. Which direction did the sweat lodge face?
4. How many days did the ghost dance last?
5. What was the name of the old medicine man that brought Lame Deer to the vision pit on the hilltop?
(b) Red Rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Sioux word wincincalas mean?
2. Richard Erdoes tells Lame Deer that good art cannot be made with what?
3. What did Ziolkowski say he wanted to do for the Indians?
4. What does Lame Deer say is on the money, but is being killed by the money?
5. What was the reason that Indians drank according to Lame Deer?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)