|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Blood Turned Into Stone.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Sioux word wincincalas mean?
(a) Frightened dogs.
(b) Monstrous buffaloes.
(c) Good-looking girls.
(d) Powerful warriors.
2. At the beginning of Blood Turned Into Stone, Lame Deer talks about the people who inhabited this land a long time ago trying to save themselves from an immense flood by going where?
(a) To their boats by the river.
(b) To an alter to pray.
(c) To a hidden cave in the mountains.
(d) To the top of a high hill.
3. In the process of building a sweat house, how many white willow trees needed to be cut?
4. Lame Deer states in Blood Turned Into Stone that all Indian wisdom could be known through what?
(a) The pipe.
(b) The smoke.
(c) The White Buffalo Woman.
(d) The Great Spirit.
5. Lame Deer states that many white men think that the sun dance is an initiation of what?
(a) Of a warrior ready to kill for the first time.
(b) Of a man and a woman growing together in love.
(c) Of a young man growing into manhood.
(d) Of a old medicine man passing on his power to a younger medicine man.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 8, Lame Deer tells a big secret that he just wants to whisper and doesn't dare say aloud. What is this secret?
2. What was Rabbit Boy's buckskin decorated with?
3. During the yuwipi ceremony a man would lie face down and have his fingers laced together with what?
4. What did the stone represent on the pipe?
5. Where does Lame Deer say the white man goes to to escape bad weather?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)