|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Blood Turned Into Stone.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 13, Lame Deer mentions that one of his tribe's troubles is that they can't do what?
2. Lame Deer states that most the time a person became a medicine man through what?
(a) His grandfather's vision.
(b) The vision of the oldest medicine man in the tribe.
(c) The joint vision of the medicine men of the tribe.
(d) His own vision.
3. During the yuwipi ceremony a man would lie face down and have his fingers laced together with what?
(a) Human hair.
(d) Horse hair.
4. What does Lame Deer say is the name of a man who "uses the power of the rawhide and the stones to find and to cure"?
5. In the beginning of Chapter 6, Lame Deer mentions a pot with plenty of what inside?
(c) Dog meat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lame Deer tells of a convention that he went to and brought his pipe, which everyone smoked. How long had Lame Deer had this particular pipe?
2. In order for a person to have listened to the story of Much-Blood-Man a person ought to have fasted for how many days?
3. What did the large pool of blood turn into?
4. How many puffs did the Sioux take on the peace pipe?
5. Lame Deer talks about the white man being afraid of natural odors and declares that soon the white man will breed people without what?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)