|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of air is described about Mary and “everything she did” in the beginning of “Lamb to the Slaughter”?
(a) A quick frantic air
(b) A free-spirited air
(c) A methodical air
(d) A slow smiling air
2. Patrick tells Mary in the first half of “Lamb to the Slaughter,” “I hope you won’t blame” who too much?
(b) My mistress
3. What food item does Mary offer to Patrick after he arrives home?
4. As Mary walks home from the store, the narrator states, “Mind you, she wasn’t expecting to find anything. She was just going home with the” what?
5. Which object from “Lamb to the Slaughter” symbolizes “revenge”?
(a) The wall clock
(b) The leg of lamb
(c) The newspaper article
(d) The pastry string
6. Who does Mary rehearse speaking to in her bedroom after killing Patrick?
7. One of the policemen says to Mary, “It’s the old story. Get the weapon, and you’ve got” what?
(a) A good lead
(b) More questions
(c) The answers
(d) The man
8. Patrick tells Mary after relating his story that “there needn’t really be any” what?
9. Mary tells herself on the way home from the store that if she does things correctly “there’ll be no need for any” what at all?
10. What does Mary do with the meat after killing Patrick?
(a) Puts it into the fireplace
(b) Throws it onto the grill
(c) Throws it into the trash
(d) Puts it in the oven
11. By what name is Mary addressed by the store clerk?
(b) Mrs. M.
(c) Mrs. Maloney
(d) Miss Mary
12. How are the curtains arranged in the opening of “Lamb to the Slaughter”?
(a) Only the left curtain is open
(b) The curtains are drawn
(c) The curtains are wide open
(d) Only the right curtain is open
13. All of Mary’s movements are said to be what, after Patrick has told her his story in “Lamb to the Slaughter”?
14. What “unusual” thing does Patrick do after he arrives home in “Lamb to the Slaughter”?
(a) He sits outside on the porch
(b) He goes out to the garage
(c) He downs his drink in one swallow
(d) He lies down in bed
15. How are Mary’s actions described when she kills her husband?
(a) Rage driven
(b) Filled with remorse
(d) Without any pause
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary buy at the store after she’s killed Patrick?
2. What is the “small favor” that Mary asks of Sergeant Noonan and the other officers?
3. How is the room that Mary waits in described in the opening of “Lamb to the Slaughter”?
4. How does Mary reenter her home after going to the store?
5. Author Roald Dahl was born in what year?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)