|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lamb to the Slaughter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mary tells herself as she walks home from the store, “That’s the way. Do Everything” how?
(a) Fast and accurate
(b) Right and natural
(c) Nice and stealthily
(d) Tame and normal
2. What day of the week is it in “Lamb to the Slaughter”?
3. Mary overhears the police detective telling another that the store clerk said Mary’s behavior was what?
(a) Quite normal
(b) Very strange
(c) Slightly paranoid
(d) Overly giddy
4. One of the officers in the kitchen says of Patrick, “The doc says his skull was smashed all to pieces just like from a” what?
(a) Baseball bat
(c) A piece of firewood
(d) Tire iron
5. What look in Patrick’s eyes does Mary love, as described in the beginning of “Lamb to the Slaughter”?
(a) The specific, narrow look in his eyes
(b) The rambling, wide look in his eyes
(c) The intent, far look in his eyes
(d) The humble, keen look in his eyes
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Mary said to feel as she comes out of her shock after killing Patrick in “Lamb to the Slaughter”?
2. What is Mary doing as she awaits her husband’s arrival in the beginning of “Lamb to the Slaughter”?
3. What is Sergeant Noonan’s first name in the story?
4. What does Mary tell the police detectives she went to the store to buy when they question her?
5. What time does the clock say when Mary begins to listen for her husband’s arrival in the beginning of “Lamb to the Slaughter”?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)