|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lamb to the Slaughter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Mary give to the store clerk for her staying in tonight?
(a) She is feeling ill
(b) The car needs repairs
(c) The restaurant is closed
(d) Patrick is tired
2. What kind of look describes Mary’s eyes in the beginning of “Lamb to the Slaughter”?
3. What time does the clock say when Mary begins to listen for her husband’s arrival in the beginning of “Lamb to the Slaughter”?
(a) 5:15 p.m.
(b) 3:30 p.m.
(c) 4:50 p.m.
(d) 8:05 p.m.
4. What is the store clerk’s response when Mary asks him if he thinks her dinner will be all right despite being cooked from frozen?
(a) Personally, I don’t believe it makes any difference
(b) Personally, I would thaw it first
(c) Personally, I will only eat them fresh
(d) I wouldn’t know, I am a vegetarian
5. To whom does Mary call out when she returns from the store?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the “small favor” that Mary asks of Sergeant Noonan and the other officers?
2. How are Mary’s actions described when she kills her husband?
3. Mary tells the police officers that arrive that she had been where when Patrick was killed?
4. Who arrives after the police detectives to investigate Patrick’s death?
5. What word from the story means a punishment imposed or incurred for a violation of law?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)