|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Jewish law, only __________ can forgive sins, which causes Joshua's actions to be seen as dangerous.
2. Justus tells Joshua and the others that Jakan has _______________ Maggie and also wants Joshua dead.
3. _________ wants to save the daughter of the man they are with, as well as to save other children who are up for death.
4. What kind of journey does Gaspar take Biff, Joshua, and others when they go up the mountain?
5. For how many days do the monks refuse entrance to Biff and Joshua, as this is a test to make sure they are committed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the identity Joy now promotes for herself in order to keep herself safe from harm?
2. How do the monks test those who want to be admitted into the monastery when they arrive at the gates?
3. When Biff and Joshua are traveling on a road flanked by fields of very tall grass, what is the warning they receive?
4. What does Biff give to Maggie when they meet outside the Sanhedrin?
5. What does Joy teach Biff when he is paralyzed by the poison in his tea?
6. What is Biff's mother's reaction to his return home after so many years away with Joshua?
7. Why do Biff and Joshua decide to try to travel around the Great Wall of China?
8. What happens during the first lesson of Buddhism that Joshua takes?
9. What do the beggars see after they have been cured of their blindness by Joshua for their kindness?
10. Why does Herod fear Joshua and want him to be killed as a result of his fears?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Christian faith is built upon the content of the Bible, and LAMB seems to add more dimension to the stories Christians already know.
Part 1: How does speculating about the content of the Bible cause a person's faith to be altered?
Part 2: Do you think it's "right" to guess about events which surround the Bible? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think a person will feel closer to the people of the Bible after reading LAMB ? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What's most curious to a reader is that Joshua might be the Messiah, but he is not without flaws. He does make mistakes and has to learn lessons.
Part 1: Why do you think Joshua blinds the guard? What were his motives?
Part 2: What is the value in showing that Joshua is not without flaws? Would it have been better to show that he was perfect? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think Moore kept Joshua slightly human-like in terms of his emotional behaviors?
Essay Topic 3
At times, one could say that Moore might be going too far with the things he is including in this story - i.e. the story of circumcising Apollo.
Part 1: Do you think Moore takes the story too far with some of the slang and crass humor? Why or why not?
Part 2: Is there value in pushing the humor of the story a bit too far? Explain your response.
Part 3: At any point were you offended by the story? Why or why not?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)