|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. A very thin Indian man tries to explain to Joshua and Biff that __________ wants their heads to decorate her altar.
2. Biff helps Joshua compose the Sermon on the _____________, which will be given to the followers of John.
3. The death sentence on Joshua has been lifted due to the wealthy merchant, Joseph of ____________.
4. When Biff reads the Bible in the beginning of chapter 11, he does not recognize this writer as the boy he knew growing up.
5. What does Biff learn about when he pays for lessons from Kashmir?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Joshua is able to let go of all his concepts of self during his lessons?
2. When the mayor of Magdala begs Joshua and Biff to raise his daughter from the dead, what do the two men see is actually wrong with the daughter?
3. What is the story Rumi tells Joshua and Biff about his life and his current situation?
4. What is Biff's mother's reaction to his return home after so many years away with Joshua?
5. What are the only things John eats, as found out by Biff and Joshua when they camp with him?
6. What happens when Joshua gives sight back to the guard he blinded while in a fit of rage?
7. What is the new television addiction that Raziel has begun after his initial interest in soap operas?
8. Why does Joshua heal the servant of Gaius, even though Biff does not agree with this practice?
9. What is the parents' response to the actions of Biff and Joshua?
10. What does Biff do in order to give Joshua a chance to save all the children?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Joshua, as a child, tries to raise people from the dead, much to the horror of others in the story.
Part 1: Why do you think Joshua is not always successful in raising people from the dead?
Part 2: What do you think a townsperson thought of Joshua after witnessing his attempts at raising the dead?
Part 3: Would you want to be able to raise people from the dead? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Christian faith is built upon the content of the Bible, and LAMB seems to add more dimension to the stories Christians already know.
Part 1: How does speculating about the content of the Bible cause a person's faith to be altered?
Part 2: Do you think it's "right" to guess about events which surround the Bible? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think a person will feel closer to the people of the Bible after reading LAMB ? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Bart, the town idiot, may seem to be simple to others in the story, but Biff thinks otherwise.
Part 1: Why do you think Moore included the idea of a village idiot in this story?
Part 2: What value do you feel Bart has for the story and for the other characters in the story?
Part 3: Why do you think Biff decides to listen to what Bart tells him about not thinking too much?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)