|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comes up in the high desert, which drives Joshua and Biff into Antioch?
2. Justus tells Joshua and the others that Jakan has _______________ Maggie and also wants Joshua dead.
3. Joshua tells Biff about the _____________ that Melchior is teaching him, while Biff talks about Kashmir.
4. What does John suggest Joshua call the Divine Spark as that might be easier for the people to understand?
5. What does the tutor teach to Biff as he is paralyzed, until she is certain he understands the subject?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the mayor of Magdala begs Joshua and Biff to raise his daughter from the dead, what do the two men see is actually wrong with the daughter?
2. When Biff and Joshua are traveling on a road flanked by fields of very tall grass, what is the warning they receive?
3. What does Biff give to Maggie when they meet outside the Sanhedrin?
4. Why does Herod fear Joshua and want him to be killed as a result of his fears?
5. What are the only things John eats, as found out by Biff and Joshua when they camp with him?
6. What is the identity Joy now promotes for herself in order to keep herself safe from harm?
7. What is Biff's mother's reaction to his return home after so many years away with Joshua?
8. What happens when the man at the inn in Antioch gives Joshua a piece of cloth to wipe his face?
9. What does Biff do in order to give Joshua a chance to save all the children?
10. What happens when Joshua gives sight back to the guard he blinded while in a fit of rage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In order to become the Messiah, Joshua has to learn from numerous teachers. His journey is a long one and one that makes him more well-rounded and more in control of his emotions.
Part 1: Why do you think Moore had Joshua obtain knowledge from the three different wise men?
Part 2: Which of the three wise men provided Joshua with the most important lesson? Why did you choose that wise man?
Part 3: Could Joshua have learned these lessons on his own? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Biff is very curious as to how the events in the Bible are portrayed, finally securing a copy of the Bible to see how others have written about his lifetime.
Part 1: Why do you think Biff is so interested in learning more about the way the stories have been told?
Part 2: Why do you think Raziel doesn't want Biff to read any of the Bible's version of events?
Part 3: Do you think Biff needed to see what was already written down about his times? Or would it have been better for him to not have looked at the Bible? Why?
Essay Topic 3
One of the laws in the Jewish faith is that the Sabbath must be observed as a day of complete rest.
Part 1: Why do you think the day of rest is so important to those of the Jewish faith?
Part 2: Do you think there should be exceptions to the rule of always resting on the Sabbath? Why or why not?
Part 3: Would you want to try a day of rest in your life? Do you think you could simply stop and rest for a day? Why or why not?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)