Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the final Magus use in order to show he is capable of turning one thing into something larger?
2. The number of twelve apostles corresponds to the twelve ___________ of Israel.
3. Joshua tells Biff about the _____________ that Melchior is teaching him, while Biff talks about Kashmir.
4. Bartholomew prefers the company of __________, who are not allowed at the wedding, which is why he is not invited along.
5. What does Biff notice missing from the construction of Balthesar's home, which confuses Biff?
Essay Topic 1
Bart, the town idiot, may seem to be simple to others in the story, but Biff thinks otherwise.
Part 1: Why do you think Moore included the idea of a village idiot in this story?
Part 2: What value do you feel Bart has for the story and for the other characters in the story?
Part 3: Why do you think Biff decides to listen to what Bart tells him about not thinking too much?
Essay Topic 2
The label of being the Messiah is something which John and Joshua both believe to be their own.
Part 1: Why do you think John believes himself to be the Messiah?
Part 2: What is the value of having two characters in the town who may or may not be the Messiah?
Part 3: Why is the label of being the Messiah so important to the men?
Essay Topic 3
The Romans have an interested outlook on religion in this story, allowing for the monotheism of Judaism as long as the Jews pay taxes.
Part 1: Why do you think the Romans thought taxes were more important to have than one single religious movements in the lands?
Part 2: How might conflicting religious thought within a country cause the people who live in that country to act?
Part 3: Do you think it's better to have people do what they want or for the government to dictate what the people should think? Why?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)