Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the final Magus use in order to show he is capable of turning one thing into something larger?
2. The number of twelve apostles corresponds to the twelve ___________ of Israel.
3. Joshua tells Biff about the _____________ that Melchior is teaching him, while Biff talks about Kashmir.
4. Bartholomew prefers the company of __________, who are not allowed at the wedding, which is why he is not invited along.
5. What does Biff notice missing from the construction of Balthesar's home, which confuses Biff?
Telling the whole story of Joshua, aka Jesus, is important enough to Raziel that he raises Biff from the dead to write his own gospel.
Part 1: Why do you think Raziel is so invested in getting this story told by Biff?
Part 2: What might happen if Biff were never to write the gospel as Raziel wants him to?
Part 3: How does Raziel know that Biff is telling the truth as he is writing out the gospel?
One of the things which set Joshua apart from the rest of the boys of the time is that he seems to be afraid of nothing.
Part 1: Why do you think Joshua is afraid of nothing? What makes him free of fear?
Part 2: Do you think it's a good thing to be without fear? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think Joseph wants Biff to teach Joshua how to be more human?
At times, one could say that Moore might be going too far with the things he is including in this story - i.e. the story of circumcising Apollo.
Part 1: Do you think Moore takes the story too far with some of the slang and crass humor? Why or why not?
Part 2: Is there value in pushing the humor of the story a bit too far? Explain your response.
Part 3: At any point were you offended by the story? Why or why not?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)