|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city do Joshua and Biff visit with Joy, now known as the Cruel and Accursed Dragon Princess?
2. Upon invitation, Joshua and some followers visit __________ at his house in Bethany.
3. __________ asks Maggie to become one of Joshua's followers, but she can not as she is married.
4. Biff helps Joshua compose the Sermon on the _____________, which will be given to the followers of John.
5. The number of twelve apostles corresponds to the twelve ___________ of Israel.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the parents' response to the actions of Biff and Joshua?
2. Why does Joshua heal the servant of Gaius, even though Biff does not agree with this practice?
3. When the mayor of Magdala begs Joshua and Biff to raise his daughter from the dead, what do the two men see is actually wrong with the daughter?
4. What does Maggie do in order to hopefully become divorced by Jakan?
5. What is the story Rumi tells Joshua and Biff about his life and his current situation?
6. What does Biff do in order to give Joshua a chance to save all the children?
7. What happens when Joshua gives sight back to the guard he blinded while in a fit of rage?
8. What is Biff's mother's reaction to his return home after so many years away with Joshua?
9. What does Joy teach Biff when he is paralyzed by the poison in his tea?
10. What are the only things John eats, as found out by Biff and Joshua when they camp with him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In order to become the Messiah, Joshua has to learn from numerous teachers. His journey is a long one and one that makes him more well-rounded and more in control of his emotions.
Part 1: Why do you think Moore had Joshua obtain knowledge from the three different wise men?
Part 2: Which of the three wise men provided Joshua with the most important lesson? Why did you choose that wise man?
Part 3: Could Joshua have learned these lessons on his own? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Telling the whole story of Joshua, aka Jesus, is important enough to Raziel that he raises Biff from the dead to write his own gospel.
Part 1: Why do you think Raziel is so invested in getting this story told by Biff?
Part 2: What might happen if Biff were never to write the gospel as Raziel wants him to?
Part 3: How does Raziel know that Biff is telling the truth as he is writing out the gospel?
Essay Topic 3
Christian faith is built upon the content of the Bible, and LAMB seems to add more dimension to the stories Christians already know.
Part 1: How does speculating about the content of the Bible cause a person's faith to be altered?
Part 2: Do you think it's "right" to guess about events which surround the Bible? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think a person will feel closer to the people of the Bible after reading LAMB ? Why or why not?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)