|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. __________'s mother bawls him out for not writing over the past seventeen years he has been away.
2. Whose Buddhist monastery are Biff and Joshua trying to reach in this section of the book?
3. Biff's tutor tells him, "Today's lesson is, if someone puts poison in your _______, don't drink it."
4. Maggie asks Joshua to do something about the lack of __________ at the wedding party, which helps the party become livelier.
5. Upon invitation, Joshua and some followers visit __________ at his house in Bethany.
Short Essay Questions
1. What puzzles Biff when they approach the fortress of Balthesar that is built into a side of a cliff?
2. What is the story Rumi tells Joshua and Biff about his life and his current situation?
3. What are the only things John eats, as found out by Biff and Joshua when they camp with him?
4. What is the new television addiction that Raziel has begun after his initial interest in soap operas?
5. How do the monks test those who want to be admitted into the monastery when they arrive at the gates?
6. What does Maggie do in order to hopefully become divorced by Jakan?
7. What is the identity Joy now promotes for herself in order to keep herself safe from harm?
8. What happens during the first lesson of Buddhism that Joshua takes?
9. What is the parents' response to the actions of Biff and Joshua?
10. What does Biff give to Maggie when they meet outside the Sanhedrin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In order to become the Messiah, Joshua has to learn from numerous teachers. His journey is a long one and one that makes him more well-rounded and more in control of his emotions.
Part 1: Why do you think Moore had Joshua obtain knowledge from the three different wise men?
Part 2: Which of the three wise men provided Joshua with the most important lesson? Why did you choose that wise man?
Part 3: Could Joshua have learned these lessons on his own? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
One of the things which set Joshua apart from the rest of the boys of the time is that he seems to be afraid of nothing.
Part 1: Why do you think Joshua is afraid of nothing? What makes him free of fear?
Part 2: Do you think it's a good thing to be without fear? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think Joseph wants Biff to teach Joshua how to be more human?
Essay Topic 3
Christian faith is built upon the content of the Bible, and LAMB seems to add more dimension to the stories Christians already know.
Part 1: How does speculating about the content of the Bible cause a person's faith to be altered?
Part 2: Do you think it's "right" to guess about events which surround the Bible? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think a person will feel closer to the people of the Bible after reading LAMB ? Why or why not?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)