|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Everything looks __________ to the cured blind beggars, which disappoints them after they are healed by Joshua.
2. What does Joshua do on the Sabbath that gets the attention of the Pharisees who are already nervous about Joshua?
3. Joshua learns to multiply _________, which gives Biff something to multiply at the market.
4. What is Biff given when his tutor believes he has learned the lesson thoroughly?
5. Gaspar teaches Joshua about loving his neighbor as his self, which prompts Joshua to become _________ again.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The label of being the Messiah is something which John and Joshua both believe to be their own.
Part 1: Why do you think John believes himself to be the Messiah?
Part 2: What is the value of having two characters in the town who may or may not be the Messiah?
Part 3: Why is the label of being the Messiah so important to the men?
Essay Topic 2
In order to become the Messiah, Joshua has to learn from numerous teachers. His journey is a long one and one that makes him more well-rounded and more in control of his emotions.
Part 1: Why do you think Moore had Joshua obtain knowledge from the three different wise men?
Part 2: Which of the three wise men provided Joshua with the most important lesson? Why did you choose that wise man?
Part 3: Could Joshua have learned these lessons on his own? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
At times, one could say that Moore might be going too far with the things he is including in this story - i.e. the story of circumcising Apollo.
Part 1: Do you think Moore takes the story too far with some of the slang and crass humor? Why or why not?
Part 2: Is there value in pushing the humor of the story a bit too far? Explain your response.
Part 3: At any point were you offended by the story? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,884 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)