|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Joshua try to cure of his ailments, though he is not happy when Joshua makes his attempt?
2. What does Joshua do on the Sabbath that gets the attention of the Pharisees who are already nervous about Joshua?
3. ___________ tells Joy about the wonderful things he has learned from the Magi.
4. While waiting for a boat to cross the lake, Biff recruits ___________ to be a part of the followers of Joshua.
5. Justus tells Joshua and the others that Jakan has _______________ Maggie and also wants Joshua dead.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the man at the inn in Antioch gives Joshua a piece of cloth to wipe his face?
2. What is the identity Joy now promotes for herself in order to keep herself safe from harm?
3. What is the new television addiction that Raziel has begun after his initial interest in soap operas?
4. Why do Biff and Joshua decide to try to travel around the Great Wall of China?
5. What happens during the first lesson of Buddhism that Joshua takes?
6. What puzzles Biff when they approach the fortress of Balthesar that is built into a side of a cliff?
7. What is the story Rumi tells Joshua and Biff about his life and his current situation?
8. What does Biff do in order to give Joshua a chance to save all the children?
9. What do the beggars see after they have been cured of their blindness by Joshua for their kindness?
10. When the mayor of Magdala begs Joshua and Biff to raise his daughter from the dead, what do the two men see is actually wrong with the daughter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The role of women is not a large one in this story, which is akin to the Bible's interpretation of events. At the same time, the women in the book are more detailed and complicated.
Part 1: Do you think Mary is portrayed in a positive way? Why or why not? How should she have been portrayed, in your opinion? Why?
Part 2: Do you agree with the way "Maggie" is portrayed in this story? Why or why not?
Part 3: What does the author seem to be saying about women during the times of Joshua/Jesus?
Essay Topic 2
Bart, the town idiot, may seem to be simple to others in the story, but Biff thinks otherwise.
Part 1: Why do you think Moore included the idea of a village idiot in this story?
Part 2: What value do you feel Bart has for the story and for the other characters in the story?
Part 3: Why do you think Biff decides to listen to what Bart tells him about not thinking too much?
Essay Topic 3
Christian faith is built upon the content of the Bible, and LAMB seems to add more dimension to the stories Christians already know.
Part 1: How does speculating about the content of the Bible cause a person's faith to be altered?
Part 2: Do you think it's "right" to guess about events which surround the Bible? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think a person will feel closer to the people of the Bible after reading LAMB ? Why or why not?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)