Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the final Magus use in order to show he is capable of turning one thing into something larger?
2. The number of twelve apostles corresponds to the twelve ___________ of Israel.
3. Joshua tells Biff about the _____________ that Melchior is teaching him, while Biff talks about Kashmir.
4. Bartholomew prefers the company of __________, who are not allowed at the wedding, which is why he is not invited along.
5. What does Biff notice missing from the construction of Balthesar's home, which confuses Biff?
Essay Topic 1
The Romans have an interested outlook on religion in this story, allowing for the monotheism of Judaism as long as the Jews pay taxes.
Part 1: Why do you think the Romans thought taxes were more important to have than one single religious movements in the lands?
Part 2: How might conflicting religious thought within a country cause the people who live in that country to act?
Part 3: Do you think it's better to have people do what they want or for the government to dictate what the people should think? Why?
Essay Topic 2
What's most curious to a reader is that Joshua might be the Messiah, but he is not without flaws. He does make mistakes and has to learn lessons.
Part 1: Why do you think Joshua blinds the guard? What were his motives?
Part 2: What is the value in showing that Joshua is not without flaws? Would it have been better to show that he was perfect? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think Moore kept Joshua slightly human-like in terms of his emotional behaviors?
Essay Topic 3
Joshua, as a child, tries to raise people from the dead, much to the horror of others in the story.
Part 1: Why do you think Joshua is not always successful in raising people from the dead?
Part 2: What do you think a townsperson thought of Joshua after witnessing his attempts at raising the dead?
Part 3: Would you want to be able to raise people from the dead? Why or why not?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)