|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Biff goes into the town to find a job, but finds that a jealous __________ controls who can beg.
2. The man that helps Joshua and Biff is from the ___________ caste, which makes him an outcast.
3. Justus tells Joshua and the others that Jakan has _______________ Maggie and also wants Joshua dead.
4. What does Biff give to his mother as he meets the two younger brothers who have been born since he left?
5. Everything looks __________ to the cured blind beggars, which disappoints them after they are healed by Joshua.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Biff do in order to give Joshua a chance to save all the children?
2. What happens when the man at the inn in Antioch gives Joshua a piece of cloth to wipe his face?
3. What is Biff's mother's reaction to his return home after so many years away with Joshua?
4. What do the beggars see after they have been cured of their blindness by Joshua for their kindness?
5. What happens when Joshua is able to let go of all his concepts of self during his lessons?
6. What is the parents' response to the actions of Biff and Joshua?
7. Why does Herod fear Joshua and want him to be killed as a result of his fears?
8. What is the new television addiction that Raziel has begun after his initial interest in soap operas?
9. When Biff and Joshua are traveling on a road flanked by fields of very tall grass, what is the warning they receive?
10. Why does Joshua heal the servant of Gaius, even though Biff does not agree with this practice?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
While at first glance, it can seem like LAMB is a book that's purely meant to be funny, it seems to have a deeper level of meaning than just entertainment.
Part 1: What did you think about the book? Did you enjoy it or not? Support your answer with solid reasoning.
Part 2: Why do you think some people may not like this book? What might be the trouble with a satirical look at the Bible?
Part 3: Do you think the fact that LAMB might cause discussions (both positive and negative) is the point of the book? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
When Maggie and Biff have sex, it's clear that it was supposed to be Joshua and not Biff, yet Maggie doesn't seem to mind.
Part 1: Why do you think Joshua sent Biff in his place? Did Joshua know what was to happen?
Part 2: Why do you think Maggie went along with Biff in Joshua's place?
Part 3: Why do you think Joshua is not able to have sex with anyone? What does this provide him?
Essay Topic 3
Bart, the town idiot, may seem to be simple to others in the story, but Biff thinks otherwise.
Part 1: Why do you think Moore included the idea of a village idiot in this story?
Part 2: What value do you feel Bart has for the story and for the other characters in the story?
Part 3: Why do you think Biff decides to listen to what Bart tells him about not thinking too much?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)