Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the final Magus use in order to show he is capable of turning one thing into something larger?
2. The number of twelve apostles corresponds to the twelve ___________ of Israel.
3. Joshua tells Biff about the _____________ that Melchior is teaching him, while Biff talks about Kashmir.
4. Bartholomew prefers the company of __________, who are not allowed at the wedding, which is why he is not invited along.
5. What does Biff notice missing from the construction of Balthesar's home, which confuses Biff?
Essay Topic 1
The concept of a miracle is a clouded one in this story. Though most of the time people believe all miracles are great and produce positive results, this isn't always the case.
Part 1: Do you personally think miracles are always good things? Why or why not?
Part 2: Why do you think the book made sure to show that not all miracles produce positive results?
Part 3: How did you feel when the miracle Joshua performed ended up angering the parents? How do you think the parents should have felt?
Essay Topic 2
Joshua, as a child, tries to raise people from the dead, much to the horror of others in the story.
Part 1: Why do you think Joshua is not always successful in raising people from the dead?
Part 2: What do you think a townsperson thought of Joshua after witnessing his attempts at raising the dead?
Part 3: Would you want to be able to raise people from the dead? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
One of the laws in the Jewish faith is that the Sabbath must be observed as a day of complete rest.
Part 1: Why do you think the day of rest is so important to those of the Jewish faith?
Part 2: Do you think there should be exceptions to the rule of always resting on the Sabbath? Why or why not?
Part 3: Would you want to try a day of rest in your life? Do you think you could simply stop and rest for a day? Why or why not?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)