|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the final Magus use in order to show he is capable of turning one thing into something larger?
2. Everything looks __________ to the cured blind beggars, which disappoints them after they are healed by Joshua.
3. In what city do Joshua and Biff visit with Joy, now known as the Cruel and Accursed Dragon Princess?
4. What does Joshua get hit with repeatedly during his first lesson with Gaspar?
5. What is making the loud slurping noise that wakes Biff, who then wakes up Joshua?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Joshua gives sight back to the guard he blinded while in a fit of rage?
2. What do the beggars see after they have been cured of their blindness by Joshua for their kindness?
3. What is the identity Joy now promotes for herself in order to keep herself safe from harm?
4. When the mayor of Magdala begs Joshua and Biff to raise his daughter from the dead, what do the two men see is actually wrong with the daughter?
5. Why does Joshua heal the servant of Gaius, even though Biff does not agree with this practice?
6. What is the new television addiction that Raziel has begun after his initial interest in soap operas?
7. Why doesn't Maggie invite Bartholomew to the wedding, though she invites Joshua and Biff?
8. Why do Biff and Joshua decide to try to travel around the Great Wall of China?
9. What happens when the man at the inn in Antioch gives Joshua a piece of cloth to wipe his face?
10. What are the only things John eats, as found out by Biff and Joshua when they camp with him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Joshua, as a child, tries to raise people from the dead, much to the horror of others in the story.
Part 1: Why do you think Joshua is not always successful in raising people from the dead?
Part 2: What do you think a townsperson thought of Joshua after witnessing his attempts at raising the dead?
Part 3: Would you want to be able to raise people from the dead? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Telling the whole story of Joshua, aka Jesus, is important enough to Raziel that he raises Biff from the dead to write his own gospel.
Part 1: Why do you think Raziel is so invested in getting this story told by Biff?
Part 2: What might happen if Biff were never to write the gospel as Raziel wants him to?
Part 3: How does Raziel know that Biff is telling the truth as he is writing out the gospel?
Essay Topic 3
What's most curious to a reader is that Joshua might be the Messiah, but he is not without flaws. He does make mistakes and has to learn lessons.
Part 1: Why do you think Joshua blinds the guard? What were his motives?
Part 2: What is the value in showing that Joshua is not without flaws? Would it have been better to show that he was perfect? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think Moore kept Joshua slightly human-like in terms of his emotional behaviors?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)