|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bartholomew prefers the company of __________, who are not allowed at the wedding, which is why he is not invited along.
2. What is making the loud slurping noise that wakes Biff, who then wakes up Joshua?
3. __________'s mother bawls him out for not writing over the past seventeen years he has been away.
4. The mayor of Magdala begs Joshua to raise his ____________ from the dead, whom he claims has just died, even though it seems this person has not.
5. What does Biff give to his mother as he meets the two younger brothers who have been born since he left?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Maggie invite Bartholomew to the wedding, though she invites Joshua and Biff?
2. What is Biff's mother's reaction to his return home after so many years away with Joshua?
3. What are the only things John eats, as found out by Biff and Joshua when they camp with him?
4. What does Biff learn about John when Biff and Joshua are at the wedding at Cana?
5. What is the identity Joy now promotes for herself in order to keep herself safe from harm?
6. What is the parents' response to the actions of Biff and Joshua?
7. What do the beggars see after they have been cured of their blindness by Joshua for their kindness?
8. How do the monks test those who want to be admitted into the monastery when they arrive at the gates?
9. Why does Joshua heal the servant of Gaius, even though Biff does not agree with this practice?
10. What is the new television addiction that Raziel has begun after his initial interest in soap operas?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Joshua, as a child, tries to raise people from the dead, much to the horror of others in the story.
Part 1: Why do you think Joshua is not always successful in raising people from the dead?
Part 2: What do you think a townsperson thought of Joshua after witnessing his attempts at raising the dead?
Part 3: Would you want to be able to raise people from the dead? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Christian faith is built upon the content of the Bible, and LAMB seems to add more dimension to the stories Christians already know.
Part 1: How does speculating about the content of the Bible cause a person's faith to be altered?
Part 2: Do you think it's "right" to guess about events which surround the Bible? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think a person will feel closer to the people of the Bible after reading LAMB ? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Joshua has to be tested by the Devil in order to be ready to be the true Messiah, and he passes the test.
Part 1: Why does Joshua have to be tested by the Devil in order to be ready to teach others?
Part 2: What kind of tests do you think Joshua might have had to face when he was with the Devil?
Part 3: Why doesn't Joshua share his experiences with the Devil with Biff when he emerges from the desert?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)