|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Biff's first task at the Buddhist monastery, the one that does not go well, prompting Joshua to step in to heal Biff?
2. What is the nickname for Biff's tutor who is known as Tiny Fee of the Divine Dance of Joyous Orgasm?
3. From Balthesar's tutors, Biff and Joshua will learn all they can from the __________ masters.
4. Where is the wedding that Maggie quickly invites Biff and Joshua to before her husband gets home?
5. What does the tutor teach to Biff as he is paralyzed, until she is certain he understands the subject?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Biff give to Maggie when they meet outside the Sanhedrin?
2. What puzzles Biff when they approach the fortress of Balthesar that is built into a side of a cliff?
3. What is the story Rumi tells Joshua and Biff about his life and his current situation?
4. What does Biff learn about John when Biff and Joshua are at the wedding at Cana?
5. What does Biff do in order to give Joshua a chance to save all the children?
6. How do the monks test those who want to be admitted into the monastery when they arrive at the gates?
7. What do the beggars see after they have been cured of their blindness by Joshua for their kindness?
8. What happens when the man at the inn in Antioch gives Joshua a piece of cloth to wipe his face?
9. What is the parents' response to the actions of Biff and Joshua?
10. Why does Joshua heal the servant of Gaius, even though Biff does not agree with this practice?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Joshua has to be tested by the Devil in order to be ready to be the true Messiah, and he passes the test.
Part 1: Why does Joshua have to be tested by the Devil in order to be ready to teach others?
Part 2: What kind of tests do you think Joshua might have had to face when he was with the Devil?
Part 3: Why doesn't Joshua share his experiences with the Devil with Biff when he emerges from the desert?
Essay Topic 2
One of the laws in the Jewish faith is that the Sabbath must be observed as a day of complete rest.
Part 1: Why do you think the day of rest is so important to those of the Jewish faith?
Part 2: Do you think there should be exceptions to the rule of always resting on the Sabbath? Why or why not?
Part 3: Would you want to try a day of rest in your life? Do you think you could simply stop and rest for a day? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Biff is very curious as to how the events in the Bible are portrayed, finally securing a copy of the Bible to see how others have written about his lifetime.
Part 1: Why do you think Biff is so interested in learning more about the way the stories have been told?
Part 2: Why do you think Raziel doesn't want Biff to read any of the Bible's version of events?
Part 3: Do you think Biff needed to see what was already written down about his times? Or would it have been better for him to not have looked at the Bible? Why?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)