|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Men with spears chase Biff, Joshua, and __________ through the elephant grass until they come upon a tiger and its kill.
2. What does Biff give to his mother as he meets the two younger brothers who have been born since he left?
3. Biff's tutor tells him, "Today's lesson is, if someone puts poison in your _______, don't drink it."
4. The man that helps Joshua and Biff is from the ___________ caste, which makes him an outcast.
5. Biff helps Joshua compose the Sermon on the _____________, which will be given to the followers of John.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Joshua gives sight back to the guard he blinded while in a fit of rage?
2. What does Biff give to Maggie when they meet outside the Sanhedrin?
3. Why does Herod fear Joshua and want him to be killed as a result of his fears?
4. What is the parents' response to the actions of Biff and Joshua?
5. What happens when the man at the inn in Antioch gives Joshua a piece of cloth to wipe his face?
6. What happens when Joshua is able to let go of all his concepts of self during his lessons?
7. What are the only things John eats, as found out by Biff and Joshua when they camp with him?
8. What does Biff do in order to give Joshua a chance to save all the children?
9. Why do Biff and Joshua decide to try to travel around the Great Wall of China?
10. What is the new television addiction that Raziel has begun after his initial interest in soap operas?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Biff is very curious as to how the events in the Bible are portrayed, finally securing a copy of the Bible to see how others have written about his lifetime.
Part 1: Why do you think Biff is so interested in learning more about the way the stories have been told?
Part 2: Why do you think Raziel doesn't want Biff to read any of the Bible's version of events?
Part 3: Do you think Biff needed to see what was already written down about his times? Or would it have been better for him to not have looked at the Bible? Why?
Essay Topic 2
The concept of a miracle is a clouded one in this story. Though most of the time people believe all miracles are great and produce positive results, this isn't always the case.
Part 1: Do you personally think miracles are always good things? Why or why not?
Part 2: Why do you think the book made sure to show that not all miracles produce positive results?
Part 3: How did you feel when the miracle Joshua performed ended up angering the parents? How do you think the parents should have felt?
Essay Topic 3
Christian faith is built upon the content of the Bible, and LAMB seems to add more dimension to the stories Christians already know.
Part 1: How does speculating about the content of the Bible cause a person's faith to be altered?
Part 2: Do you think it's "right" to guess about events which surround the Bible? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think a person will feel closer to the people of the Bible after reading LAMB ? Why or why not?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)