Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joshua calls the statue at the gate of Sepphoris ___________ and wonders why the Jews have not torn it down.
2. Who does Joshua blind in a fit of rage after raising a thief from the dead once, only to have him be killed again?
3. What is the form of humor Biff tells Joshua he has created and Bart has named?
4. What does Joshua do as everyone is standing around the grave of the deceased Roman?
5. While everyone else fears God and Rom, Joshua fears ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What addiction does Raziel seem to have that Biff wants to use against him in order to read the Bible?
2. What happens when Joshua is able to let go of all his concepts of self during his lessons?
3. What is ironic about the man who delivers pizza to Raziel and Biff when they are staying in a hotel room?
4. What happens when the boys begin to deface the statue in the way they had intended?
5. What does Biff do in order to help Joshua begin to understand the idea of sex and what happens?
6. Why does Herod fear Joshua and want him to be killed as a result of his fears?
7. Why does the angel Raziel show up to Biff ten years too late, according to Biff's recollection?
8. What happened when others have tried to take down the statue of Venus?
9. In Jerusalem, Biff and Joshua come upon John the Baptist. What is John doing when they first see him?
10. What do Biff and Joshua do in order to shorten their trip to Antioch?
Essay Topic 1
The role of women is not a large one in this story, which is akin to the Bible's interpretation of events. At the same time, the women in the book are more detailed and complicated.
Part 1: Do you think Mary is portrayed in a positive way? Why or why not? How should she have been portrayed, in your opinion? Why?
Part 2: Do you agree with the way "Maggie" is portrayed in this story? Why or why not?
Part 3: What does the author seem to be saying about women during the times of Joshua/Jesus?
Essay Topic 2
Bart, the town idiot, may seem to be simple to others in the story, but Biff thinks otherwise.
Part 1: Why do you think Moore included the idea of a village idiot in this story?
Part 2: What value do you feel Bart has for the story and for the other characters in the story?
Part 3: Why do you think Biff decides to listen to what Bart tells him about not thinking too much?
Essay Topic 3
Christian faith is built upon the content of the Bible, and LAMB seems to add more dimension to the stories Christians already know.
Part 1: How does speculating about the content of the Bible cause a person's faith to be altered?
Part 2: Do you think it's "right" to guess about events which surround the Bible? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think a person will feel closer to the people of the Bible after reading LAMB ? Why or why not?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)