|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Hebrew name for Biff, the main character in this book?
2. ___________ tells the children about the fact that Rome only has two rules everyone must follow.
3. What does Joshua buy on the Silk Road, eventually becoming addicted to it?
4. ______________ sarcastically lets out a few statements about how great the work is that they are doing.
5. Who is thrown overboard when he makes a sarcastic comment to the captain of the boat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bart, the town idiot, advise that Biff do when he sees Biff crying by the well?
2. What is Joshua's response when Maggie talks about wanting to be a fisherman as they are discussing apprenticeships?
3. Why does the angel Raziel show up to Biff ten years too late, according to Biff's recollection?
4. What addiction does Raziel seem to have that Biff wants to use against him in order to read the Bible?
5. What does Joshua purchase when he is on the Silk Road and then becomes addicted to it?
6. What is ironic about the man who delivers pizza to Raziel and Biff when they are staying in a hotel room?
7. Why is the city of Sepphoris now restricted in terms of who can come in and out of the gates?
8. What is the prank Biff invites Maggie to come along to witness with he and Joshua?
9. What did Biff and Joshua like to do though other children in the town liked to play the usual games?
10. What is the honest mistake that Biff makes when he is tipping the room service?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
While at first glance, it can seem like LAMB is a book that's purely meant to be funny, it seems to have a deeper level of meaning than just entertainment.
Part 1: What did you think about the book? Did you enjoy it or not? Support your answer with solid reasoning.
Part 2: Why do you think some people may not like this book? What might be the trouble with a satirical look at the Bible?
Part 3: Do you think the fact that LAMB might cause discussions (both positive and negative) is the point of the book? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Joshua, as a child, tries to raise people from the dead, much to the horror of others in the story.
Part 1: Why do you think Joshua is not always successful in raising people from the dead?
Part 2: What do you think a townsperson thought of Joshua after witnessing his attempts at raising the dead?
Part 3: Would you want to be able to raise people from the dead? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Biff is very curious as to how the events in the Bible are portrayed, finally securing a copy of the Bible to see how others have written about his lifetime.
Part 1: Why do you think Biff is so interested in learning more about the way the stories have been told?
Part 2: Why do you think Raziel doesn't want Biff to read any of the Bible's version of events?
Part 3: Do you think Biff needed to see what was already written down about his times? Or would it have been better for him to not have looked at the Bible? Why?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)