Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joshua calls the statue at the gate of Sepphoris ___________ and wonders why the Jews have not torn it down.
2. Who does Joshua blind in a fit of rage after raising a thief from the dead once, only to have him be killed again?
3. What is the form of humor Biff tells Joshua he has created and Bart has named?
4. What does Joshua do as everyone is standing around the grave of the deceased Roman?
5. While everyone else fears God and Rom, Joshua fears ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What addiction does Raziel seem to have that Biff wants to use against him in order to read the Bible?
2. What happens when Joshua is able to let go of all his concepts of self during his lessons?
3. What is ironic about the man who delivers pizza to Raziel and Biff when they are staying in a hotel room?
4. What happens when the boys begin to deface the statue in the way they had intended?
5. What does Biff do in order to help Joshua begin to understand the idea of sex and what happens?
6. Why does Herod fear Joshua and want him to be killed as a result of his fears?
7. Why does the angel Raziel show up to Biff ten years too late, according to Biff's recollection?
8. What happened when others have tried to take down the statue of Venus?
9. In Jerusalem, Biff and Joshua come upon John the Baptist. What is John doing when they first see him?
10. What do Biff and Joshua do in order to shorten their trip to Antioch?
In order to become the Messiah, Joshua has to learn from numerous teachers. His journey is a long one and one that makes him more well-rounded and more in control of his emotions.
Part 1: Why do you think Moore had Joshua obtain knowledge from the three different wise men?
Part 2: Which of the three wise men provided Joshua with the most important lesson? Why did you choose that wise man?
Part 3: Could Joshua have learned these lessons on his own? Why or why not?
One of the laws in the Jewish faith is that the Sabbath must be observed as a day of complete rest.
Part 1: Why do you think the day of rest is so important to those of the Jewish faith?
Part 2: Do you think there should be exceptions to the rule of always resting on the Sabbath? Why or why not?
Part 3: Would you want to try a day of rest in your life? Do you think you could simply stop and rest for a day? Why or why not?
Telling the whole story of Joshua, aka Jesus, is important enough to Raziel that he raises Biff from the dead to write his own gospel.
Part 1: Why do you think Raziel is so invested in getting this story told by Biff?
Part 2: What might happen if Biff were never to write the gospel as Raziel wants him to?
Part 3: How does Raziel know that Biff is telling the truth as he is writing out the gospel?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)