|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shows the others that the snake in the town is not possessed by a demon by holding their hand up to it?
2. Joshua receives a message from __________ on how to make things better in the situation.
3. Joshua and Biff hire on a ship to shorten their trip to ______________, though they are charged for the trip and still have to work.
4. What is the name Biff gives to the rebellious Jews who try to cause trouble for the Romans?
5. What does Mary do to Joshua to further hide his identity when his faces shows up on a bread during Passover?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the two rules of the Romans, as Gaius reveals to the children when they are at the funeral?
2. What reduces Mary's credibility in her talking about the virgin birth of Joshua, according to Biff's storytelling?
3. What did Joshua know how to do as a young child growing up in Nazareth?
4. What does Biff want Joshua to do once he hears about what will happen to Maggie?
5. What addiction does Raziel seem to have that Biff wants to use against him in order to read the Bible?
6. Why is the city of Sepphoris now restricted in terms of who can come in and out of the gates?
7. What is Joshua's reaction to the statue of Venus they find at the gate of Sepphoris?
8. What does Joshua do for the killed Roman legionnaire in the presence of the crowds in Sepphoris?
9. What is the task that is assigned to Raziel by Heaven at the start of this book?
10. What happens when the boys begin to deface the statue in the way they had intended?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One of the things which set Joshua apart from the rest of the boys of the time is that he seems to be afraid of nothing.
Part 1: Why do you think Joshua is afraid of nothing? What makes him free of fear?
Part 2: Do you think it's a good thing to be without fear? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think Joseph wants Biff to teach Joshua how to be more human?
Essay Topic 2
Christian faith is built upon the content of the Bible, and LAMB seems to add more dimension to the stories Christians already know.
Part 1: How does speculating about the content of the Bible cause a person's faith to be altered?
Part 2: Do you think it's "right" to guess about events which surround the Bible? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think a person will feel closer to the people of the Bible after reading LAMB ? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
At times, one could say that Moore might be going too far with the things he is including in this story - i.e. the story of circumcising Apollo.
Part 1: Do you think Moore takes the story too far with some of the slang and crass humor? Why or why not?
Part 2: Is there value in pushing the humor of the story a bit too far? Explain your response.
Part 3: At any point were you offended by the story? Why or why not?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)