|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is arrested for the knifing of the legionnaire, something which upsets the boys?
2. Maggie's mother promises Maggie to marry __________ after six months have passed.
3. Joshua notes that the _____________ only cares for himself and decides to try raising a woman from the dead.
4. _____________ can not experience sex firsthand, so he asks for details to be explained to him.
5. The person from #46's answer wants a statue of the well-endowed ______________ to be set in place.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the honest mistake that Biff makes when he is tipping the room service?
2. What do the Pharisees want in return for the release of Joseph and the other accused people in the death of the Roman?
3. What does Biff do in order to help Joshua begin to understand the idea of sex and what happens?
4. What is the task that is assigned to Raziel by Heaven at the start of this book?
5. What does Joshua purchase when he is on the Silk Road and then becomes addicted to it?
6. Who is being accused of knifing the Roman legionnaire, even though he was not the guilty person?
7. What does Ancient Biff try to persuade Joshua to do as they are beginning their apprenticeships?
8. What happens when Joshua's attempts to save a thief from death fail after the thief is resurrected once?
9. What does Biff want Joshua to do once he hears about what will happen to Maggie?
10. What does Raziel ponder when he finally obtains a copy of the Soap Opera Digest in the hotel room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Romans have an interested outlook on religion in this story, allowing for the monotheism of Judaism as long as the Jews pay taxes.
Part 1: Why do you think the Romans thought taxes were more important to have than one single religious movements in the lands?
Part 2: How might conflicting religious thought within a country cause the people who live in that country to act?
Part 3: Do you think it's better to have people do what they want or for the government to dictate what the people should think? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Joshua, as a child, tries to raise people from the dead, much to the horror of others in the story.
Part 1: Why do you think Joshua is not always successful in raising people from the dead?
Part 2: What do you think a townsperson thought of Joshua after witnessing his attempts at raising the dead?
Part 3: Would you want to be able to raise people from the dead? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
One of the things which set Joshua apart from the rest of the boys of the time is that he seems to be afraid of nothing.
Part 1: Why do you think Joshua is afraid of nothing? What makes him free of fear?
Part 2: Do you think it's a good thing to be without fear? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think Joseph wants Biff to teach Joshua how to be more human?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)