Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joshua calls the statue at the gate of Sepphoris ___________ and wonders why the Jews have not torn it down.
2. Who does Joshua blind in a fit of rage after raising a thief from the dead once, only to have him be killed again?
3. What is the form of humor Biff tells Joshua he has created and Bart has named?
4. What does Joshua do as everyone is standing around the grave of the deceased Roman?
5. While everyone else fears God and Rom, Joshua fears ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What addiction does Raziel seem to have that Biff wants to use against him in order to read the Bible?
2. What happens when Joshua is able to let go of all his concepts of self during his lessons?
3. What is ironic about the man who delivers pizza to Raziel and Biff when they are staying in a hotel room?
4. What happens when the boys begin to deface the statue in the way they had intended?
5. What does Biff do in order to help Joshua begin to understand the idea of sex and what happens?
6. Why does Herod fear Joshua and want him to be killed as a result of his fears?
7. Why does the angel Raziel show up to Biff ten years too late, according to Biff's recollection?
8. What happened when others have tried to take down the statue of Venus?
9. In Jerusalem, Biff and Joshua come upon John the Baptist. What is John doing when they first see him?
10. What do Biff and Joshua do in order to shorten their trip to Antioch?
Essay Topic 1
Christian faith is built upon the content of the Bible, and LAMB seems to add more dimension to the stories Christians already know.
Part 1: How does speculating about the content of the Bible cause a person's faith to be altered?
Part 2: Do you think it's "right" to guess about events which surround the Bible? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think a person will feel closer to the people of the Bible after reading LAMB ? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The Romans have an interested outlook on religion in this story, allowing for the monotheism of Judaism as long as the Jews pay taxes.
Part 1: Why do you think the Romans thought taxes were more important to have than one single religious movements in the lands?
Part 2: How might conflicting religious thought within a country cause the people who live in that country to act?
Part 3: Do you think it's better to have people do what they want or for the government to dictate what the people should think? Why?
Essay Topic 3
At times, one could say that Moore might be going too far with the things he is including in this story - i.e. the story of circumcising Apollo.
Part 1: Do you think Moore takes the story too far with some of the slang and crass humor? Why or why not?
Part 2: Is there value in pushing the humor of the story a bit too far? Explain your response.
Part 3: At any point were you offended by the story? Why or why not?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)