|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joshua and Biff hire on a ship to shorten their trip to ______________, though they are charged for the trip and still have to work.
2. Everyone in ___________ goes to Sepphoris to plead for the life of the accused.
3. John the Baptist is baptizing one of _______'s younger brothers and is nearly drowning the boy in the process.
4. Joshua heals John of a _______ he has developed from being in the water so much.
5. What is the Hebrew name for Biff, the main character in this book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the new television addiction that Raziel has begun after his initial interest in soap operas?
2. What does Biff do in order to give Joshua a chance to save all the children?
3. When the mayor of Magdala begs Joshua and Biff to raise his daughter from the dead, what do the two men see is actually wrong with the daughter?
4. In Jerusalem, Biff and Joshua come upon John the Baptist. What is John doing when they first see him?
5. What do the apostles conspire not to do in order to save Joshua from being killed?
6. What happened when others have tried to take down the statue of Venus?
7. What happens when Joshua is able to let go of all his concepts of self during his lessons?
8. What do the Pharisees want in return for the release of Joseph and the other accused people in the death of the Roman?
9. What puzzles Biff when they approach the fortress of Balthesar that is built into a side of a cliff?
10. What happens when the man at the inn in Antioch gives Joshua a piece of cloth to wipe his face?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
While at first glance, it can seem like LAMB is a book that's purely meant to be funny, it seems to have a deeper level of meaning than just entertainment.
Part 1: What did you think about the book? Did you enjoy it or not? Support your answer with solid reasoning.
Part 2: Why do you think some people may not like this book? What might be the trouble with a satirical look at the Bible?
Part 3: Do you think the fact that LAMB might cause discussions (both positive and negative) is the point of the book? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
At times, one could say that Moore might be going too far with the things he is including in this story - i.e. the story of circumcising Apollo.
Part 1: Do you think Moore takes the story too far with some of the slang and crass humor? Why or why not?
Part 2: Is there value in pushing the humor of the story a bit too far? Explain your response.
Part 3: At any point were you offended by the story? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Telling the whole story of Joshua, aka Jesus, is important enough to Raziel that he raises Biff from the dead to write his own gospel.
Part 1: Why do you think Raziel is so invested in getting this story told by Biff?
Part 2: What might happen if Biff were never to write the gospel as Raziel wants him to?
Part 3: How does Raziel know that Biff is telling the truth as he is writing out the gospel?
This section contains 2,273 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)