|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Raziel makes ___________ promise to tell any shepherds he might come across about the good news of Christ's coming.
2. What do Biff and Joshua need to take care of if they want to be taken to Balthesar?
3. How old are the boys when they are ready to start their own apprenticeships?
4. While everyone else fears God and Rom, Joshua fears ______________.
5. Who has to wait outside the fortress to be paid for the supplies he has brought?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Biff and Joshua like to do though other children in the town liked to play the usual games?
2. What reduces Mary's credibility in her talking about the virgin birth of Joshua, according to Biff's storytelling?
3. What is the honest mistake that Biff makes when he is tipping the room service?
4. What does Biff want Joshua to do once he hears about what will happen to Maggie?
5. What is Joshua's reaction to the statue of Venus they find at the gate of Sepphoris?
6. What happens when the boys begin to deface the statue in the way they had intended?
7. What happened when others have tried to take down the statue of Venus?
8. Who is being accused of knifing the Roman legionnaire, even though he was not the guilty person?
9. What is the prank Biff invites Maggie to come along to witness with he and Joshua?
10. Why is the city of Sepphoris now restricted in terms of who can come in and out of the gates?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One of the things which set Joshua apart from the rest of the boys of the time is that he seems to be afraid of nothing.
Part 1: Why do you think Joshua is afraid of nothing? What makes him free of fear?
Part 2: Do you think it's a good thing to be without fear? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think Joseph wants Biff to teach Joshua how to be more human?
Essay Topic 2
While at first glance, it can seem like LAMB is a book that's purely meant to be funny, it seems to have a deeper level of meaning than just entertainment.
Part 1: What did you think about the book? Did you enjoy it or not? Support your answer with solid reasoning.
Part 2: Why do you think some people may not like this book? What might be the trouble with a satirical look at the Bible?
Part 3: Do you think the fact that LAMB might cause discussions (both positive and negative) is the point of the book? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The label of being the Messiah is something which John and Joshua both believe to be their own.
Part 1: Why do you think John believes himself to be the Messiah?
Part 2: What is the value of having two characters in the town who may or may not be the Messiah?
Part 3: Why is the label of being the Messiah so important to the men?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)