|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jakan's father do for a living, according to his own admission?
2. What do Biff and Joshua need to take care of if they want to be taken to Balthesar?
3. The angel Raziel ends up getting hooked on _____________ while they are staying in the hotel room.
4. Along the walk on the Silk Road, ________ purposefully bumps into people in order to heal them.
5. Balthesar appears as a huge __________, which turns out to be a costume and a joke he plays on the boys.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Biff want Joshua to do once he hears about what will happen to Maggie?
2. What did Biff and Joshua like to do though other children in the town liked to play the usual games?
3. What do the Pharisees want in return for the release of Joseph and the other accused people in the death of the Roman?
4. What is ironic about the man who delivers pizza to Raziel and Biff when they are staying in a hotel room?
5. What did Joshua know how to do as a young child growing up in Nazareth?
6. What does Biff do in order to try to see Maggie, though this is not a successful idea?
7. What happens when Joshua's attempts to save a thief from death fail after the thief is resurrected once?
8. What does Biff do in order to help Joshua begin to understand the idea of sex and what happens?
9. What does Biff claim to have invented, which was then named by Bart, though Joshua does not understand this?
10. Why are other people in the town afraid that Mary might attract too much attention from the Philistines?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What's most curious to a reader is that Joshua might be the Messiah, but he is not without flaws. He does make mistakes and has to learn lessons.
Part 1: Why do you think Joshua blinds the guard? What were his motives?
Part 2: What is the value in showing that Joshua is not without flaws? Would it have been better to show that he was perfect? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think Moore kept Joshua slightly human-like in terms of his emotional behaviors?
Essay Topic 2
The Romans have an interested outlook on religion in this story, allowing for the monotheism of Judaism as long as the Jews pay taxes.
Part 1: Why do you think the Romans thought taxes were more important to have than one single religious movements in the lands?
Part 2: How might conflicting religious thought within a country cause the people who live in that country to act?
Part 3: Do you think it's better to have people do what they want or for the government to dictate what the people should think? Why?
Essay Topic 3
The concept of marriage is quite different in this book, with the custom being that most marry at 14.
Part 1: What do you think about people being married at the age of 14? Why was this acceptable at the time?
Part 2: Do you think Maggie and Biff would have been a successful couple if they were able to marry?
Part 3: Why do you think marriages were arranged during this time? What was the value of arranging marriages?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)