|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dives on top of Maggie in order to protect her from the real killer and his knife?
2. Who ends up killing the Roman's killer before the killer kills Maggie?
3. Biff tries to explain to Raziel that soap operas are _____________, but the angel does not understand.
4. Rabbi ___________ tells Joshua he can be anything he wants to be, just as long as he does not talk about it.
5. __________ becomes panicky during the slaughter of the lambs in the temple for Passover.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the prank Biff invites Maggie to come along to witness with he and Joshua?
2. What does Biff do in order to try to see Maggie, though this is not a successful idea?
3. What does Ancient Biff try to persuade Joshua to do as they are beginning their apprenticeships?
4. What happened when others have tried to take down the statue of Venus?
5. What is the task that is assigned to Raziel by Heaven at the start of this book?
6. Why does the angel Raziel show up to Biff ten years too late, according to Biff's recollection?
7. What does Bart, the town idiot, advise that Biff do when he sees Biff crying by the well?
8. What are the two rules of the Romans, as Gaius reveals to the children when they are at the funeral?
9. What did Joshua know how to do as a young child growing up in Nazareth?
10. What is the honest mistake that Biff makes when he is tipping the room service?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Joshua has to be tested by the Devil in order to be ready to be the true Messiah, and he passes the test.
Part 1: Why does Joshua have to be tested by the Devil in order to be ready to teach others?
Part 2: What kind of tests do you think Joshua might have had to face when he was with the Devil?
Part 3: Why doesn't Joshua share his experiences with the Devil with Biff when he emerges from the desert?
Essay Topic 2
The role of women is not a large one in this story, which is akin to the Bible's interpretation of events. At the same time, the women in the book are more detailed and complicated.
Part 1: Do you think Mary is portrayed in a positive way? Why or why not? How should she have been portrayed, in your opinion? Why?
Part 2: Do you agree with the way "Maggie" is portrayed in this story? Why or why not?
Part 3: What does the author seem to be saying about women during the times of Joshua/Jesus?
Essay Topic 3
Christian faith is built upon the content of the Bible, and LAMB seems to add more dimension to the stories Christians already know.
Part 1: How does speculating about the content of the Bible cause a person's faith to be altered?
Part 2: Do you think it's "right" to guess about events which surround the Bible? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think a person will feel closer to the people of the Bible after reading LAMB ? Why or why not?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)