|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has sex with a prostitute in order to try to explain sex to another character in the story?
2. Who has to wait outside the fortress to be paid for the supplies he has brought?
3. Why does the town idiot ask Biff what is wrong when he is waiting at the well?
4. What is the Hebrew name for Biff, the main character in this book?
5. What is not finished, so the statue can not be put into place as of yet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Pharisees want in return for the release of Joseph and the other accused people in the death of the Roman?
2. What do Biff and Joshua do in order to shorten their trip to Antioch?
3. What reduces Mary's credibility in her talking about the virgin birth of Joshua, according to Biff's storytelling?
4. Why are other people in the town afraid that Mary might attract too much attention from the Philistines?
5. What does Biff claim to have invented, which was then named by Bart, though Joshua does not understand this?
6. What does Biff find about the writing in the Bible when he finally gets a chance to read it?
7. What does Raziel ponder when he finally obtains a copy of the Soap Opera Digest in the hotel room?
8. What is the prank Biff invites Maggie to come along to witness with he and Joshua?
9. What are the two rules of the Romans, as Gaius reveals to the children when they are at the funeral?
10. What is the honest mistake that Biff makes when he is tipping the room service?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bart, the town idiot, may seem to be simple to others in the story, but Biff thinks otherwise.
Part 1: Why do you think Moore included the idea of a village idiot in this story?
Part 2: What value do you feel Bart has for the story and for the other characters in the story?
Part 3: Why do you think Biff decides to listen to what Bart tells him about not thinking too much?
Essay Topic 2
At times, one could say that Moore might be going too far with the things he is including in this story - i.e. the story of circumcising Apollo.
Part 1: Do you think Moore takes the story too far with some of the slang and crass humor? Why or why not?
Part 2: Is there value in pushing the humor of the story a bit too far? Explain your response.
Part 3: At any point were you offended by the story? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Biff is very curious as to how the events in the Bible are portrayed, finally securing a copy of the Bible to see how others have written about his lifetime.
Part 1: Why do you think Biff is so interested in learning more about the way the stories have been told?
Part 2: Why do you think Raziel doesn't want Biff to read any of the Bible's version of events?
Part 3: Do you think Biff needed to see what was already written down about his times? Or would it have been better for him to not have looked at the Bible? Why?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)