|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Biff convinces Raziel that ________ can not buy magazines for the guests in order to get Raziel to go away for a while.
2. Everyone in ___________ goes to Sepphoris to plead for the life of the accused.
3. Rabbi ___________ tells Joshua he can be anything he wants to be, just as long as he does not talk about it.
4. What does Mary do to Joshua to further hide his identity when his faces shows up on a bread during Passover?
5. Raziel wonders about the ___________ who foretell the future events in his beloved soap operas.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the honest mistake that Biff makes when he is tipping the room service?
2. Why is the city of Sepphoris now restricted in terms of who can come in and out of the gates?
3. In Jerusalem, Biff and Joshua come upon John the Baptist. What is John doing when they first see him?
4. What does Joshua do for the killed Roman legionnaire in the presence of the crowds in Sepphoris?
5. What is the prank Biff invites Maggie to come along to witness with he and Joshua?
6. What did Biff and Joshua like to do though other children in the town liked to play the usual games?
7. Who is being accused of knifing the Roman legionnaire, even though he was not the guilty person?
8. What does Biff claim to have invented, which was then named by Bart, though Joshua does not understand this?
9. What reduces Mary's credibility in her talking about the virgin birth of Joshua, according to Biff's storytelling?
10. What does Biff want Joshua to do once he hears about what will happen to Maggie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Joshua, as a child, tries to raise people from the dead, much to the horror of others in the story.
Part 1: Why do you think Joshua is not always successful in raising people from the dead?
Part 2: What do you think a townsperson thought of Joshua after witnessing his attempts at raising the dead?
Part 3: Would you want to be able to raise people from the dead? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
One of the laws in the Jewish faith is that the Sabbath must be observed as a day of complete rest.
Part 1: Why do you think the day of rest is so important to those of the Jewish faith?
Part 2: Do you think there should be exceptions to the rule of always resting on the Sabbath? Why or why not?
Part 3: Would you want to try a day of rest in your life? Do you think you could simply stop and rest for a day? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Biff is very curious as to how the events in the Bible are portrayed, finally securing a copy of the Bible to see how others have written about his lifetime.
Part 1: Why do you think Biff is so interested in learning more about the way the stories have been told?
Part 2: Why do you think Raziel doesn't want Biff to read any of the Bible's version of events?
Part 3: Do you think Biff needed to see what was already written down about his times? Or would it have been better for him to not have looked at the Bible? Why?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)