|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joshua notes that the _____________ only cares for himself and decides to try raising a woman from the dead.
2. __________ becomes panicky during the slaughter of the lambs in the temple for Passover.
3. If the accused knifing suspect is convicted and found guilty, what will happen to the guilty party's family?
4. The Romans have restricted __________ after the attack on the legionnaire the previous night.
5. How old are the boys when they are ready to start their own apprenticeships?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is being accused of knifing the Roman legionnaire, even though he was not the guilty person?
2. In Jerusalem, Biff and Joshua come upon John the Baptist. What is John doing when they first see him?
3. What reduces Mary's credibility in her talking about the virgin birth of Joshua, according to Biff's storytelling?
4. Why does the angel Raziel show up to Biff ten years too late, according to Biff's recollection?
5. What do Biff and Joshua do in order to shorten their trip to Antioch?
6. What happened when others have tried to take down the statue of Venus?
7. What does Biff do in order to try to see Maggie, though this is not a successful idea?
8. What did Biff and Joshua like to do though other children in the town liked to play the usual games?
9. What do the Pharisees want in return for the release of Joseph and the other accused people in the death of the Roman?
10. What did Joshua know how to do as a young child growing up in Nazareth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Biff is very curious as to how the events in the Bible are portrayed, finally securing a copy of the Bible to see how others have written about his lifetime.
Part 1: Why do you think Biff is so interested in learning more about the way the stories have been told?
Part 2: Why do you think Raziel doesn't want Biff to read any of the Bible's version of events?
Part 3: Do you think Biff needed to see what was already written down about his times? Or would it have been better for him to not have looked at the Bible? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Christian faith is built upon the content of the Bible, and LAMB seems to add more dimension to the stories Christians already know.
Part 1: How does speculating about the content of the Bible cause a person's faith to be altered?
Part 2: Do you think it's "right" to guess about events which surround the Bible? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think a person will feel closer to the people of the Bible after reading LAMB ? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Bart, the town idiot, may seem to be simple to others in the story, but Biff thinks otherwise.
Part 1: Why do you think Moore included the idea of a village idiot in this story?
Part 2: What value do you feel Bart has for the story and for the other characters in the story?
Part 3: Why do you think Biff decides to listen to what Bart tells him about not thinking too much?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)