|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name Biff gives to the rebellious Jews who try to cause trouble for the Romans?
2. What statue is at the gate of Sepphoris when Biff and Joshua arrive to work with Biff's dad?
3. __________ starts shouting that Joshua consorts with demons when he is knocked over by Joshua's animal.
4. While everyone else fears God and Rom, Joshua fears ______________.
5. Biff's father talks with the ____________ who has hired him to build the house where the stonecutting takes place.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is ironic about the man who delivers pizza to Raziel and Biff when they are staying in a hotel room?
2. Why does modern day Biff believe Raziel will not want him to read the Bible that is in the hotel room?
3. Why is the city of Sepphoris now restricted in terms of who can come in and out of the gates?
4. What is the prank Biff invites Maggie to come along to witness with he and Joshua?
5. In Jerusalem, Biff and Joshua come upon John the Baptist. What is John doing when they first see him?
6. Who is being accused of knifing the Roman legionnaire, even though he was not the guilty person?
7. What did Joshua know how to do as a young child growing up in Nazareth?
8. What does Biff find about the writing in the Bible when he finally gets a chance to read it?
9. What happened when others have tried to take down the statue of Venus?
10. What are the two rules of the Romans, as Gaius reveals to the children when they are at the funeral?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Christian faith is built upon the content of the Bible, and LAMB seems to add more dimension to the stories Christians already know.
Part 1: How does speculating about the content of the Bible cause a person's faith to be altered?
Part 2: Do you think it's "right" to guess about events which surround the Bible? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think a person will feel closer to the people of the Bible after reading LAMB ? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What's most curious to a reader is that Joshua might be the Messiah, but he is not without flaws. He does make mistakes and has to learn lessons.
Part 1: Why do you think Joshua blinds the guard? What were his motives?
Part 2: What is the value in showing that Joshua is not without flaws? Would it have been better to show that he was perfect? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think Moore kept Joshua slightly human-like in terms of his emotional behaviors?
Essay Topic 3
The concept of a miracle is a clouded one in this story. Though most of the time people believe all miracles are great and produce positive results, this isn't always the case.
Part 1: Do you personally think miracles are always good things? Why or why not?
Part 2: Why do you think the book made sure to show that not all miracles produce positive results?
Part 3: How did you feel when the miracle Joshua performed ended up angering the parents? How do you think the parents should have felt?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)