|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The death sentence on Joshua has been lifted due to the wealthy merchant, Joseph of ____________.
2. Justus tells Joshua and the others that Jakan has _______________ Maggie and also wants Joshua dead.
(a) Begun to search for
(c) Not given up on
(d) Put a death threat out on
3. Who is the rather naive person that Philip calls over to be a part of Joshua's followers?
4. When Biff goes into the town to find a job, but finds that a jealous __________ controls who can beg.
5. Biff helps Joshua compose the Sermon on the _____________, which will be given to the followers of John.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Jewish law, only __________ can forgive sins, which causes Joshua's actions to be seen as dangerous.
2. What does Biff throw during the bloody ceremony in order to distract those who are involved?
3. ____________ invites Joshua and Biff to his home in Capernaum after the wedding party winds down.
4. Bartholomew prefers the company of __________, who are not allowed at the wedding, which is why he is not invited along.
5. Joshua offers to heal Simon of his ____________, but he seems to ignore his condition.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Joshua is able to let go of all his concepts of self during his lessons?
2. What does Maggie do in order to hopefully become divorced by Jakan?
3. What does Biff do in order to give Joshua a chance to save all the children?
4. How do the monks test those who want to be admitted into the monastery when they arrive at the gates?
5. What are the only things John eats, as found out by Biff and Joshua when they camp with him?
6. Why doesn't Maggie invite Bartholomew to the wedding, though she invites Joshua and Biff?
7. What is the new television addiction that Raziel has begun after his initial interest in soap operas?
8. What does Joy teach Biff when he is paralyzed by the poison in his tea?
9. When Biff and Joshua are traveling on a road flanked by fields of very tall grass, what is the warning they receive?
10. What puzzles Biff when they approach the fortress of Balthesar that is built into a side of a cliff?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)