|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ___________ tells Joy about the wonderful things he has learned from the Magi.
2. Joshua tells Biff about the _____________ that Melchior is teaching him, while Biff talks about Kashmir.
(a) Divine Spark
(b) Caste system
(c) Holy Ghost
3. What does Biff throw during the bloody ceremony in order to distract those who are involved?
4. What does Biff give to his mother as he meets the two younger brothers who have been born since he left?
5. The number of twelve apostles corresponds to the twelve ___________ of Israel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Biff's first task at the Buddhist monastery, the one that does not go well, prompting Joshua to step in to heal Biff?
2. Joshua and Biff take Maggie to the house of her sister _____________ in order to be safe.
3. What does Joshua do on the Sabbath that gets the attention of the Pharisees who are already nervous about Joshua?
4. Men with spears chase Biff, Joshua, and __________ through the elephant grass until they come upon a tiger and its kill.
5. When Biff goes into the town to find a job, but finds that a jealous __________ controls who can beg.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Herod fear Joshua and want him to be killed as a result of his fears?
2. What do the beggars see after they have been cured of their blindness by Joshua for their kindness?
3. What is the identity Joy now promotes for herself in order to keep herself safe from harm?
4. What is the new television addiction that Raziel has begun after his initial interest in soap operas?
5. What is Biff's mother's reaction to his return home after so many years away with Joshua?
6. What does Maggie do in order to hopefully become divorced by Jakan?
7. Why do Biff and Joshua decide to try to travel around the Great Wall of China?
8. Why doesn't Maggie invite Bartholomew to the wedding, though she invites Joshua and Biff?
9. What happens when Joshua is able to let go of all his concepts of self during his lessons?
10. How do the monks test those who want to be admitted into the monastery when they arrive at the gates?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)