|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joshua discovers ________ by knocking his head against the hanging sign.
(a) A bar
(b) An inn
(c) A temple
(d) A school
2. _______________ presents a dinner invitation letter that guarantes safe passage to the merchant's house.
3. According to Jewish law, only __________ can forgive sins, which causes Joshua's actions to be seen as dangerous.
(a) The Holy Ghost
(d) A rabbi
4. Biff's tutor tells him, "Today's lesson is, if someone puts poison in your _______, don't drink it."
5. Justus tells Joshua and the others that Jakan has _______________ Maggie and also wants Joshua dead.
(a) Put a death threat out on
(c) Begun to search for
(d) Not given up on
Short Answer Questions
1. A sign in the form of an image of ____________'s mother on a temple wall appears.
2. _____________ helps to recruit two other fishermen in order to follow Joshua as he begins to preach along the countryside.
3. What is Biff's first task at the Buddhist monastery, the one that does not go well, prompting Joshua to step in to heal Biff?
4. __________'s mother bawls him out for not writing over the past seventeen years he has been away.
5. What is so long that Joshua and Biff try to walk all the way around the Great Wall of China, only to give up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during the first lesson of Buddhism that Joshua takes?
2. What do the beggars see after they have been cured of their blindness by Joshua for their kindness?
3. Why doesn't Maggie invite Bartholomew to the wedding, though she invites Joshua and Biff?
4. What does Biff give to Maggie when they meet outside the Sanhedrin?
5. What does Biff do in order to give Joshua a chance to save all the children?
6. What happens when the man at the inn in Antioch gives Joshua a piece of cloth to wipe his face?
7. What happens when Joshua is able to let go of all his concepts of self during his lessons?
8. When the mayor of Magdala begs Joshua and Biff to raise his daughter from the dead, what do the two men see is actually wrong with the daughter?
9. What does Biff learn about John when Biff and Joshua are at the wedding at Cana?
10. What is the identity Joy now promotes for herself in order to keep herself safe from harm?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)