|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon invitation, Joshua and some followers visit __________ at his house in Bethany.
2. What does Biff throw during the bloody ceremony in order to distract those who are involved?
3. The mayor of Magdala begs Joshua to raise his ____________ from the dead, whom he claims has just died, even though it seems this person has not.
4. Gaspar receives the boys at the monastery and gives them __________ for names, orders a monk to feed them, and tells them their lessons will begin in the morning.
5. What does Biff give to his mother as he meets the two younger brothers who have been born since he left?
Short Answer Questions
1. _____________ helps to recruit two other fishermen in order to follow Joshua as he begins to preach along the countryside.
2. Joshua and Biff take Maggie to the house of her sister _____________ in order to be safe.
3. Where is the man from who gave Joshua some help when he was bleeding?
4. Maggie runs into the room with ______________ running out of her mouth.
5. Maggie asks Joshua to do something about the lack of __________ at the wedding party, which helps the party become livelier.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Maggie do in order to hopefully become divorced by Jakan?
2. What does Biff learn about John when Biff and Joshua are at the wedding at Cana?
3. What are the only things John eats, as found out by Biff and Joshua when they camp with him?
4. What is the parents' response to the actions of Biff and Joshua?
5. Why does Joshua heal the servant of Gaius, even though Biff does not agree with this practice?
6. What does Biff give to Maggie when they meet outside the Sanhedrin?
7. What is the new television addiction that Raziel has begun after his initial interest in soap operas?
8. What is the story Rumi tells Joshua and Biff about his life and his current situation?
9. How do the monks test those who want to be admitted into the monastery when they arrive at the gates?
10. Why doesn't Maggie invite Bartholomew to the wedding, though she invites Joshua and Biff?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)