|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A very thin Indian man tries to explain to Joshua and Biff that __________ wants their heads to decorate her altar.
2. Balthesar's fortress is built into _____________, which puzzles Biff when he sees it.
(a) A tree
(b) The side of a cliff
(c) The ocean
(d) A mountain
3. When Biff reads the Bible in the beginning of chapter 11, he does not recognize this writer as the boy he knew growing up.
4. ____________ invites Joshua and Biff to his home in Capernaum after the wedding party winds down.
5. Joshua lets go of all his concepts of _________ and becomes invisible in the process.
(c) The universe
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many days do the monks refuse entrance to Biff and Joshua, as this is a test to make sure they are committed?
2. The boys find out that Balthesar has eight _________, a fact which amazes Biff.
3. What does Biff give to his mother as he meets the two younger brothers who have been born since he left?
4. Biff helps Joshua compose the Sermon on the _____________, which will be given to the followers of John.
5. Joshua offers to heal Simon of his ____________, but he seems to ignore his condition.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the new television addiction that Raziel has begun after his initial interest in soap operas?
2. Why doesn't Maggie invite Bartholomew to the wedding, though she invites Joshua and Biff?
3. What happens when the man at the inn in Antioch gives Joshua a piece of cloth to wipe his face?
4. What does Biff learn about John when Biff and Joshua are at the wedding at Cana?
5. Why do Biff and Joshua decide to try to travel around the Great Wall of China?
6. What does Maggie do in order to hopefully become divorced by Jakan?
7. What is the parents' response to the actions of Biff and Joshua?
8. Why does Joshua heal the servant of Gaius, even though Biff does not agree with this practice?
9. When Biff and Joshua are traveling on a road flanked by fields of very tall grass, what is the warning they receive?
10. What is Biff's mother's reaction to his return home after so many years away with Joshua?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)