|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The mayor of Magdala begs Joshua to raise his ____________ from the dead, whom he claims has just died, even though it seems this person has not.
2. Where is the wedding that Maggie quickly invites Biff and Joshua to before her husband gets home?
3. For how many days do the monks refuse entrance to Biff and Joshua, as this is a test to make sure they are committed?
4. Joshua heals the servant of Justus because he allows _____________ into his kingdom, even though Biff does not agree.
(a) Only the good
(d) Only men
5. A very thin Indian man tries to explain to Joshua and Biff that __________ wants their heads to decorate her altar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Balthesar's fortress is built into _____________, which puzzles Biff when he sees it.
2. Who is the rather naive person that Philip calls over to be a part of Joshua's followers?
3. Whose gospel does Biff find to be unbelievable and lonely at the end, prompting a nightmare?
4. What comes up in the high desert, which drives Joshua and Biff into Antioch?
5. Biff's tutor tells him, "Today's lesson is, if someone puts poison in your _______, don't drink it."
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Biff learn about John when Biff and Joshua are at the wedding at Cana?
2. Why do Biff and Joshua decide to try to travel around the Great Wall of China?
3. What happens when Joshua gives sight back to the guard he blinded while in a fit of rage?
4. What is the identity Joy now promotes for herself in order to keep herself safe from harm?
5. What does Biff do in order to give Joshua a chance to save all the children?
6. What is the parents' response to the actions of Biff and Joshua?
7. What do the beggars see after they have been cured of their blindness by Joshua for their kindness?
8. What is the new television addiction that Raziel has begun after his initial interest in soap operas?
9. What puzzles Biff when they approach the fortress of Balthesar that is built into a side of a cliff?
10. What does Biff give to Maggie when they meet outside the Sanhedrin?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)