|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose Buddhist monastery are Biff and Joshua trying to reach in this section of the book?
2. Joshua selects from his disciples those who are to become ___________, or carriers of his messages.
3. Whose gospel does Biff find to be unbelievable and lonely at the end, prompting a nightmare?
4. _____________ helps to recruit two other fishermen in order to follow Joshua as he begins to preach along the countryside.
5. _______________ presents a dinner invitation letter that guarantes safe passage to the merchant's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Biff given when his tutor believes he has learned the lesson thoroughly?
2. Bartholomew prefers the company of __________, who are not allowed at the wedding, which is why he is not invited along.
3. __________ asks Maggie to become one of Joshua's followers, but she can not as she is married.
4. Justus tells Joshua and the others that Jakan has _______________ Maggie and also wants Joshua dead.
5. A very thin Indian man tries to explain to Joshua and Biff that __________ wants their heads to decorate her altar.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Biff's mother's reaction to his return home after so many years away with Joshua?
2. How do the monks test those who want to be admitted into the monastery when they arrive at the gates?
3. Why doesn't Maggie invite Bartholomew to the wedding, though she invites Joshua and Biff?
4. What happens when Joshua gives sight back to the guard he blinded while in a fit of rage?
5. What do the beggars see after they have been cured of their blindness by Joshua for their kindness?
6. What are the only things John eats, as found out by Biff and Joshua when they camp with him?
7. What does Biff learn about John when Biff and Joshua are at the wedding at Cana?
8. When the mayor of Magdala begs Joshua and Biff to raise his daughter from the dead, what do the two men see is actually wrong with the daughter?
9. What does Maggie do in order to hopefully become divorced by Jakan?
10. When Biff and Joshua are traveling on a road flanked by fields of very tall grass, what is the warning they receive?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)