|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. __________'s mother bawls him out for not writing over the past seventeen years he has been away.
2. Biff helps Joshua compose the Sermon on the _____________, which will be given to the followers of John.
3. Joshua learns to multiply _________, which gives Biff something to multiply at the market.
4. Biff learns that _____________ has been arrested for inciting people to riot.
5. Bartholomew prefers the company of __________, who are not allowed at the wedding, which is why he is not invited along.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Biff reads the Bible in the beginning of chapter 11, he does not recognize this writer as the boy he knew growing up.
2. In what city do Joshua and Biff visit with Joy, now known as the Cruel and Accursed Dragon Princess?
3. Biff's tutor tells him, "Today's lesson is, if someone puts poison in your _______, don't drink it."
4. Maggie runs into the room with ______________ running out of her mouth.
5. What is Biff's first task at the Buddhist monastery, the one that does not go well, prompting Joshua to step in to heal Biff?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Maggie invite Bartholomew to the wedding, though she invites Joshua and Biff?
2. What do the beggars see after they have been cured of their blindness by Joshua for their kindness?
3. What happens when Joshua gives sight back to the guard he blinded while in a fit of rage?
4. What happens when Joshua is able to let go of all his concepts of self during his lessons?
5. What is the story Rumi tells Joshua and Biff about his life and his current situation?
6. What happens during the first lesson of Buddhism that Joshua takes?
7. What is the parents' response to the actions of Biff and Joshua?
8. Why does Joshua heal the servant of Gaius, even though Biff does not agree with this practice?
9. Why do Biff and Joshua decide to try to travel around the Great Wall of China?
10. What is Biff's mother's reaction to his return home after so many years away with Joshua?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)