|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Joshua and Maggie and Biff are walking to a ________, they talk about what the boys will do as men.
(a) Church service
2. What do Biff and Joshua need to take care of if they want to be taken to Balthesar?
3. What does Joshua's father do for a living, so it is generally expected he will do the same thing?
4. Everyone in ___________ goes to Sepphoris to plead for the life of the accused.
5. Biff tries to explain to Raziel that soap operas are _____________, but the angel does not understand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is overheard to have said that he hates the Romans, which gets him a lesson from a Roman guard?
2. What does Joshua buy on the Silk Road, eventually becoming addicted to it?
3. What animal follows Joshua everywhere he goes when he is a child?
4. Who does Biff invite along on a prank he and Joshua are going to play on a statue of Apollo?
5. Raziel wonders about the ___________ who foretell the future events in his beloved soap operas.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when others have tried to take down the statue of Venus?
2. What is Joshua's response when Maggie talks about wanting to be a fisherman as they are discussing apprenticeships?
3. What does Joshua do for the killed Roman legionnaire in the presence of the crowds in Sepphoris?
4. What does Raziel ponder when he finally obtains a copy of the Soap Opera Digest in the hotel room?
5. What does Biff do in order to help Joshua begin to understand the idea of sex and what happens?
6. Why is the city of Sepphoris now restricted in terms of who can come in and out of the gates?
7. Why are other people in the town afraid that Mary might attract too much attention from the Philistines?
8. What does Joshua purchase when he is on the Silk Road and then becomes addicted to it?
9. What is ironic about the man who delivers pizza to Raziel and Biff when they are staying in a hotel room?
10. What does Biff claim to have invented, which was then named by Bart, though Joshua does not understand this?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)