|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The angel Raziel shows up to announce the coming of Christ _________ years too late, as Raziel was playing cards.
2. What is not finished, so the statue can not be put into place as of yet?
(a) The pedestal
3. What does Jakan's father do for a living, according to his own admission?
(b) Tax collector
4. Biff tries to persuade Joshua to join him in his apprenticeship as __________ is scarce.
5. Who ends up killing the Roman's killer before the killer kills Maggie?
(a) No one
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is overheard to have said that he hates the Romans, which gets him a lesson from a Roman guard?
2. What does Biff want Joshua to do when they are trying to decide what they will do as adults?
3. Who has sex with a prostitute in order to try to explain sex to another character in the story?
4. What does Joshua's father do for a living, so it is generally expected he will do the same thing?
5. Who demands that the captain treat the boys fairly, frightening the captain out of his wits?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is ironic about the man who delivers pizza to Raziel and Biff when they are staying in a hotel room?
2. What are the two rules of the Romans, as Gaius reveals to the children when they are at the funeral?
3. What happens when Joshua's attempts to save a thief from death fail after the thief is resurrected once?
4. Why does modern day Biff believe Raziel will not want him to read the Bible that is in the hotel room?
5. What happens when the boys begin to deface the statue in the way they had intended?
6. What does Biff find about the writing in the Bible when he finally gets a chance to read it?
7. What reduces Mary's credibility in her talking about the virgin birth of Joshua, according to Biff's storytelling?
8. Who is being accused of knifing the Roman legionnaire, even though he was not the guilty person?
9. What does Joshua do for the killed Roman legionnaire in the presence of the crowds in Sepphoris?
10. What did Joshua know how to do as a young child growing up in Nazareth?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)