|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What statue is at the gate of Sepphoris when Biff and Joshua arrive to work with Biff's dad?
2. Joshua notes that the _____________ only cares for himself and decides to try raising a woman from the dead.
3. Joshua receives a message from __________ on how to make things better in the situation.
4. One rule of the Romans is to pay your taxes; what is the other rule?
(a) Worship multiple Gods
(b) Don't rebel
(c) Have many wives
(d) Ignore the Sabbath
5. What do Biff and Joshua need to take care of if they want to be taken to Balthesar?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Biff invite along on a prank he and Joshua are going to play on a statue of Apollo?
2. Raziel wonders about the ___________ who foretell the future events in his beloved soap operas.
3. Rabbi ___________ tells Joshua he can be anything he wants to be, just as long as he does not talk about it.
4. Who is overheard to have said that he hates the Romans, which gets him a lesson from a Roman guard?
5. What does Biff compare the Old Testament of the Bible to, noting it is very similar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What puzzles Biff when they approach the fortress of Balthesar that is built into a side of a cliff?
2. What is the story Rumi tells Joshua and Biff about his life and his current situation?
3. What does Joshua do for the killed Roman legionnaire in the presence of the crowds in Sepphoris?
4. When Biff and Joshua are traveling on a road flanked by fields of very tall grass, what is the warning they receive?
5. What happens when Joshua gives sight back to the guard he blinded while in a fit of rage?
6. What does Biff find about the writing in the Bible when he finally gets a chance to read it?
7. What does Joy teach Biff when he is paralyzed by the poison in his tea?
8. Why does Joshua heal the servant of Gaius, even though Biff does not agree with this practice?
9. How do the monks test those who want to be admitted into the monastery when they arrive at the gates?
10. Why does modern day Biff believe Raziel will not want him to read the Bible that is in the hotel room?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)