Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joshua calls the statue at the gate of Sepphoris ___________ and wonders why the Jews have not torn it down.
2. Who does Joshua blind in a fit of rage after raising a thief from the dead once, only to have him be killed again?
(d) A guard
3. What is the form of humor Biff tells Joshua he has created and Bart has named?
(a) Black laughs
(b) Dark humor
4. What does Joshua do as everyone is standing around the grave of the deceased Roman?
(b) Raises the Roman from the dead
(c) Condemns them all to Hell
(d) Causes a rain of locusts
5. While everyone else fears God and Rom, Joshua fears ______________.
(c) The Devil
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Hebrew name for Biff, the main character in this book?
2. Who knocks down the man who tried to threaten the boys with punishment?
3. Joseph asks Biff to help teach Joshua how to be ________ so that he can live a more normal life.
4. Whose uncle is the Zealot who saves the children before they are able to escape by running away?
5. Raziel makes ___________ promise to tell any shepherds he might come across about the good news of Christ's coming.
Short Essay Questions
1. What addiction does Raziel seem to have that Biff wants to use against him in order to read the Bible?
2. What happens when Joshua is able to let go of all his concepts of self during his lessons?
3. What is ironic about the man who delivers pizza to Raziel and Biff when they are staying in a hotel room?
4. What happens when the boys begin to deface the statue in the way they had intended?
5. What does Biff do in order to help Joshua begin to understand the idea of sex and what happens?
6. Why does Herod fear Joshua and want him to be killed as a result of his fears?
7. Why does the angel Raziel show up to Biff ten years too late, according to Biff's recollection?
8. What happened when others have tried to take down the statue of Venus?
9. In Jerusalem, Biff and Joshua come upon John the Baptist. What is John doing when they first see him?
10. What do Biff and Joshua do in order to shorten their trip to Antioch?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)