|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the town idiot ask Biff what is wrong when he is waiting at the well?
(a) Biff is praying
(b) Biff is laughing
(c) Biff is crying
(d) Biff collapses
2. Who is chipping away at the state when the Roman legionnaire discovers them in their prank?
(d) No one
3. What does Biff want Joshua to do when they are trying to decide what they will do as adults?
(a) Become a con man
(b) Run away
(d) Walk on water
4. What is the name of the man who delivers the food to the room of Raziel and Biff?
5. What does Mary do to Joshua to further hide his identity when his faces shows up on a bread during Passover?
(a) Keeps him inside
(b) Dresses him differently
(c) Cuts his hair
(d) Sends him away
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the kind of food that Raziel and Biff both enjoy ordering via room service?
2. What does Jakan's father do for a living, according to his own admission?
3. What does Maggie's father do for a living at the beginning of this book and its story?
4. Who knifes the Roman to death, just as the Roman is about to come after the child pranksters?
5. __________ becomes panicky during the slaughter of the lambs in the temple for Passover.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Joshua's response when Maggie talks about wanting to be a fisherman as they are discussing apprenticeships?
2. What does Raziel ponder when he finally obtains a copy of the Soap Opera Digest in the hotel room?
3. What does Biff do in order to try to see Maggie, though this is not a successful idea?
4. What happens when the boys begin to deface the statue in the way they had intended?
5. What does Joshua purchase when he is on the Silk Road and then becomes addicted to it?
6. What does Ancient Biff try to persuade Joshua to do as they are beginning their apprenticeships?
7. What does Bart, the town idiot, advise that Biff do when he sees Biff crying by the well?
8. In Jerusalem, Biff and Joshua come upon John the Baptist. What is John doing when they first see him?
9. What is Joshua's reaction to the statue of Venus they find at the gate of Sepphoris?
10. What are the two rules of the Romans, as Gaius reveals to the children when they are at the funeral?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)