|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Joshua try to cure of his ailments, though he is not happy when Joshua makes his attempt?
(b) The deaf concubine
(c) The blind guard
(d) The old man
2. Whose Buddhist monastery are Biff and Joshua trying to reach in this section of the book?
3. What is the nickname for Biff's tutor who is known as Tiny Fee of the Divine Dance of Joyous Orgasm?
4. Upon invitation, Joshua and some followers visit __________ at his house in Bethany.
5. What is so long that Joshua and Biff try to walk all the way around the Great Wall of China, only to give up?
(a) The line for the gate
(b) The pathway into the city
(c) The line for food
(d) The journey
6. Justus tells Joshua and the others that Jakan has _______________ Maggie and also wants Joshua dead.
(a) Begun to search for
(c) Put a death threat out on
(d) Not given up on
7. What is Biff given when his tutor believes he has learned the lesson thoroughly?
8. What does Joshua get hit with repeatedly during his first lesson with Gaspar?
(b) Bamboo stick
(d) Piece of grass
9. What does the tutor teach to Biff as he is paralyzed, until she is certain he understands the subject?
(a) Chinese characters
(c) Japanese writing
10. What does John suggest Joshua call the Divine Spark as that might be easier for the people to understand?
(b) Holy Ghost
(d) God's Love
11. What is John doing to Joshua when the sky opens up and declares that Joshua is God's son?
(a) Feeding him
(b) Hitting him
(c) Arguing with him
(d) Baptizing him
12. Raziel has shifted from soap operas to _________ as his television addiction while hanging out in the hotel room.
(a) Daytime talk shows
(b) Professional wrestling
(c) Pay per view
(d) Cooking shows
13. Biff learns that _____________ has been arrested for inciting people to riot.
14. The mayor of Magdala begs Joshua to raise his ____________ from the dead, whom he claims has just died, even though it seems this person has not.
15. __________ asks Maggie to become one of Joshua's followers, but she can not as she is married.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Biff reads the Bible in the beginning of chapter 11, he does not recognize this writer as the boy he knew growing up.
2. While waiting for a boat to cross the lake, Biff recruits ___________ to be a part of the followers of Joshua.
3. What kind of journey does Gaspar take Biff, Joshua, and others when they go up the mountain?
4. Men with spears chase Biff, Joshua, and __________ through the elephant grass until they come upon a tiger and its kill.
5. The number of twelve apostles corresponds to the twelve ___________ of Israel.
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)