|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comes up in the high desert, which drives Joshua and Biff into Antioch?
(c) Rain storm
2. __________ asks Maggie to become one of Joshua's followers, but she can not as she is married.
3. How many huge iron bolts are on the door that Balthesar says Biff and Joshua can not enter at any time?
4. What does John suggest Joshua call the Divine Spark as that might be easier for the people to understand?
(a) Holy Ghost
(c) God's Love
5. The mayor of Magdala begs Joshua to raise his ____________ from the dead, whom he claims has just died, even though it seems this person has not.
6. Biff helps Joshua compose the Sermon on the _____________, which will be given to the followers of John.
7. Justus tells Joshua and the others that Jakan has _______________ Maggie and also wants Joshua dead.
(a) Put a death threat out on
(c) Not given up on
(d) Begun to search for
8. What does Biff notice missing from the construction of Balthesar's home, which confuses Biff?
(d) Chisel marks
9. Whose Buddhist monastery are Biff and Joshua trying to reach in this section of the book?
10. What kind of journey does Gaspar take Biff, Joshua, and others when they go up the mountain?
(a) Kung fu
11. __________'s mother bawls him out for not writing over the past seventeen years he has been away.
12. Gaspar receives the boys at the monastery and gives them __________ for names, orders a monk to feed them, and tells them their lessons will begin in the morning.
13. A very thin Indian man tries to explain to Joshua and Biff that __________ wants their heads to decorate her altar.
14. _____________ helps to recruit two other fishermen in order to follow Joshua as he begins to preach along the countryside.
15. Gaspar teaches Joshua about loving his neighbor as his self, which prompts Joshua to become _________ again.
Short Answer Questions
1. _______________ presents a dinner invitation letter that guarantes safe passage to the merchant's house.
2. What does Biff give to his mother as he meets the two younger brothers who have been born since he left?
3. Joshua discovers ________ by knocking his head against the hanging sign.
4. What does Biff throw during the bloody ceremony in order to distract those who are involved?
5. What does the final Magus use in order to show he is capable of turning one thing into something larger?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)