|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The man that helps Joshua and Biff is from the ___________ caste, which makes him an outcast.
2. For how many days do the monks refuse entrance to Biff and Joshua, as this is a test to make sure they are committed?
3. Who is the rather naive person that Philip calls over to be a part of Joshua's followers?
4. What does the tutor teach to Biff as he is paralyzed, until she is certain he understands the subject?
(a) Japanese writing
(d) Chinese characters
5. Who is the first disciple of Joshua and is picked up on the way out of town the day after the men return?
6. Joshua heals the servant of Justus because he allows _____________ into his kingdom, even though Biff does not agree.
(a) Only men
(d) Only the good
7. From Balthesar's tutors, Biff and Joshua will learn all they can from the __________ masters.
8. Joshua lets go of all his concepts of _________ and becomes invisible in the process.
(d) The universe
9. Biff learns that _____________ has been arrested for inciting people to riot.
10. Justus tells Joshua and the others that Jakan has _______________ Maggie and also wants Joshua dead.
(a) Not given up on
(c) Begun to search for
(d) Put a death threat out on
11. Joshua tells Biff about the _____________ that Melchior is teaching him, while Biff talks about Kashmir.
(a) Holy Ghost
(b) Caste system
(d) Divine Spark
12. Maggie asks Joshua to do something about the lack of __________ at the wedding party, which helps the party become livelier.
13. Bartholomew prefers the company of __________, who are not allowed at the wedding, which is why he is not invited along.
14. Joshua discovers ________ by knocking his head against the hanging sign.
(a) A school
(b) An inn
(c) A bar
(d) A temple
15. The boys find out that Balthesar has eight _________, a fact which amazes Biff.
Short Answer Questions
1. The parents are angry with Biff and Joshua as the death of their children might have meant being born into ____________.
2. Joshua selects from his disciples those who are to become ___________, or carriers of his messages.
3. When Biff goes into the town to find a job, but finds that a jealous __________ controls who can beg.
4. Where is the man from who gave Joshua some help when he was bleeding?
5. A sign in the form of an image of ____________'s mother on a temple wall appears.
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)