|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Joshua try to cure of his ailments, though he is not happy when Joshua makes his attempt?
(a) The blind guard
(c) The old man
(d) The deaf concubine
2. How many huge iron bolts are on the door that Balthesar says Biff and Joshua can not enter at any time?
3. Biff's tutor tells him, "Today's lesson is, if someone puts poison in your _______, don't drink it."
4. The death sentence on Joshua has been lifted due to the wealthy merchant, Joseph of ____________.
5. _________ wants to save the daughter of the man they are with, as well as to save other children who are up for death.
6. Gaspar teaches Joshua about loving his neighbor as his self, which prompts Joshua to become _________ again.
7. Maggie runs into the room with ______________ running out of her mouth.
(b) Green foam
8. What does Joshua do on the Sabbath that gets the attention of the Pharisees who are already nervous about Joshua?
(a) Heal a child
(b) Forgive a man's sins
(d) Baptize a man
9. Gaspar receives the boys at the monastery and gives them __________ for names, orders a monk to feed them, and tells them their lessons will begin in the morning.
10. Whose gospel does Biff find to be unbelievable and lonely at the end, prompting a nightmare?
11. The number of twelve apostles corresponds to the twelve ___________ of Israel.
12. What is Biff given when his tutor believes he has learned the lesson thoroughly?
13. _____________ helps to recruit two other fishermen in order to follow Joshua as he begins to preach along the countryside.
14. When Biff reads the Bible in the beginning of chapter 11, he does not recognize this writer as the boy he knew growing up.
15. The parents are angry with Biff and Joshua as the death of their children might have meant being born into ____________.
(a) A higher caste
Short Answer Questions
1. What is making the loud slurping noise that wakes Biff, who then wakes up Joshua?
2. What comes up in the high desert, which drives Joshua and Biff into Antioch?
3. What is so long that Joshua and Biff try to walk all the way around the Great Wall of China, only to give up?
4. Where is the wedding that Maggie quickly invites Biff and Joshua to before her husband gets home?
5. Who is the rather naive person that Philip calls over to be a part of Joshua's followers?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)