|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joshua and Biff take Maggie to the house of her sister _____________ in order to be safe.
2. What is Biff given when his tutor believes he has learned the lesson thoroughly?
3. The parents are angry with Biff and Joshua as the death of their children might have meant being born into ____________.
(d) A higher caste
4. Biff's tutor tells him, "Today's lesson is, if someone puts poison in your _______, don't drink it."
5. What is Biff's first task at the Buddhist monastery, the one that does not go well, prompting Joshua to step in to heal Biff?
(a) Carrying water
(b) Shaving a yak
(c) Standing on his head
6. What does Biff learn about when he pays for lessons from Kashmir?
(a) Kama Sutra
7. Joshua and his disciples hear about the __________ of John the Baptist.
8. Who is the first disciple of Joshua and is picked up on the way out of town the day after the men return?
9. Joshua lets go of all his concepts of _________ and becomes invisible in the process.
(a) The universe
10. Maggie asks Joshua to do something about the lack of __________ at the wedding party, which helps the party become livelier.
11. From Balthesar's tutors, Biff and Joshua will learn all they can from the __________ masters.
12. What comes up in the high desert, which drives Joshua and Biff into Antioch?
(a) Rain storm
13. _________ wants to save the daughter of the man they are with, as well as to save other children who are up for death.
14. What does Biff notice missing from the construction of Balthesar's home, which confuses Biff?
(c) Chisel marks
15. Everything looks __________ to the cured blind beggars, which disappoints them after they are healed by Joshua.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Jewish law, only __________ can forgive sins, which causes Joshua's actions to be seen as dangerous.
2. In what city do Joshua and Biff visit with Joy, now known as the Cruel and Accursed Dragon Princess?
3. The mayor of Magdala begs Joshua to raise his ____________ from the dead, whom he claims has just died, even though it seems this person has not.
4. The boys find out that Balthesar has eight _________, a fact which amazes Biff.
5. The number of twelve apostles corresponds to the twelve ___________ of Israel.
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)