|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is so long that Joshua and Biff try to walk all the way around the Great Wall of China, only to give up?
(a) The pathway into the city
(b) The line for the gate
(c) The journey
(d) The line for food
2. What kind of journey does Gaspar take Biff, Joshua, and others when they go up the mountain?
(a) Kung fu
3. In what city do Joshua and Biff visit with Joy, now known as the Cruel and Accursed Dragon Princess?
4. Where is the wedding that Maggie quickly invites Biff and Joshua to before her husband gets home?
5. _________ wants to save the daughter of the man they are with, as well as to save other children who are up for death.
6. __________'s mother bawls him out for not writing over the past seventeen years he has been away.
7. Maggie asks Joshua to do something about the lack of __________ at the wedding party, which helps the party become livelier.
8. Gaspar receives the boys at the monastery and gives them __________ for names, orders a monk to feed them, and tells them their lessons will begin in the morning.
9. The boys find out that Balthesar has eight _________, a fact which amazes Biff.
10. Joshua selects from his disciples those who are to become ___________, or carriers of his messages.
11. Whose gospel does Biff find to be unbelievable and lonely at the end, prompting a nightmare?
12. Who does Joshua try to cure of his ailments, though he is not happy when Joshua makes his attempt?
(b) The blind guard
(c) The old man
(d) The deaf concubine
13. Upon invitation, Joshua and some followers visit __________ at his house in Bethany.
14. According to Jewish law, only __________ can forgive sins, which causes Joshua's actions to be seen as dangerous.
(a) The Holy Ghost
(b) A rabbi
15. What is Joshua given to help him with his injury after hitting his head?
(c) A piece of linen
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Biff throw during the bloody ceremony in order to distract those who are involved?
2. What is the nickname for Biff's tutor who is known as Tiny Fee of the Divine Dance of Joyous Orgasm?
3. What does Biff notice missing from the construction of Balthesar's home, which confuses Biff?
4. _______________ presents a dinner invitation letter that guarantes safe passage to the merchant's house.
5. What comes up in the high desert, which drives Joshua and Biff into Antioch?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)