|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joshua and Biff take Maggie to the house of her sister _____________ in order to be safe.
2. ____________ invites Joshua and Biff to his home in Capernaum after the wedding party winds down.
3. Joshua selects from his disciples those who are to become ___________, or carriers of his messages.
4. Who gets cold on the journey, as he has not mastered the art of creating his own heat?
5. From Balthesar's tutors, Biff and Joshua will learn all they can from the __________ masters.
6. When Biff reads the Bible in the beginning of chapter 11, he does not recognize this writer as the boy he knew growing up.
7. Joshua discovers ________ by knocking his head against the hanging sign.
(a) A school
(b) A bar
(c) A temple
(d) An inn
8. Justus tells Joshua and the others that Jakan has _______________ Maggie and also wants Joshua dead.
(a) Put a death threat out on
(b) Not given up on
(c) Begun to search for
9. A sign in the form of an image of ____________'s mother on a temple wall appears.
10. What is making the loud slurping noise that wakes Biff, who then wakes up Joshua?
(a) God's voice
11. The man that helps Joshua and Biff is from the ___________ caste, which makes him an outcast.
12. __________'s mother bawls him out for not writing over the past seventeen years he has been away.
13. When Biff goes into the town to find a job, but finds that a jealous __________ controls who can beg.
14. What does Joshua do on the Sabbath that gets the attention of the Pharisees who are already nervous about Joshua?
(a) Forgive a man's sins
(b) Baptize a man
(c) Heal a child
15. Whose gospel does Biff find to be unbelievable and lonely at the end, prompting a nightmare?
Short Answer Questions
1. While waiting for a boat to cross the lake, Biff recruits ___________ to be a part of the followers of Joshua.
2. Biff's tutor tells him, "Today's lesson is, if someone puts poison in your _______, don't drink it."
3. According to Jewish law, only __________ can forgive sins, which causes Joshua's actions to be seen as dangerous.
4. _________ wants to save the daughter of the man they are with, as well as to save other children who are up for death.
5. What is so long that Joshua and Biff try to walk all the way around the Great Wall of China, only to give up?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)