|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. __________'s mother bawls him out for not writing over the past seventeen years he has been away.
2. How many huge iron bolts are on the door that Balthesar says Biff and Joshua can not enter at any time?
3. Joshua lets go of all his concepts of _________ and becomes invisible in the process.
(a) The universe
4. When Biff reads the Bible in the beginning of chapter 11, he does not recognize this writer as the boy he knew growing up.
5. __________ asks Maggie to become one of Joshua's followers, but she can not as she is married.
6. What is John doing to Joshua when the sky opens up and declares that Joshua is God's son?
(a) Hitting him
(b) Arguing with him
(c) Baptizing him
(d) Feeding him
7. Whose Buddhist monastery are Biff and Joshua trying to reach in this section of the book?
8. Joshua tells Biff about the _____________ that Melchior is teaching him, while Biff talks about Kashmir.
(b) Holy Ghost
(c) Caste system
(d) Divine Spark
9. Balthesar's fortress is built into _____________, which puzzles Biff when he sees it.
(a) The side of a cliff
(b) A tree
(c) A mountain
(d) The ocean
10. A sign in the form of an image of ____________'s mother on a temple wall appears.
11. Maggie asks Joshua to do something about the lack of __________ at the wedding party, which helps the party become livelier.
12. Biff learns that _____________ has been arrested for inciting people to riot.
13. The death sentence on Joshua has been lifted due to the wealthy merchant, Joseph of ____________.
14. Joshua discovers ________ by knocking his head against the hanging sign.
(a) A bar
(b) A school
(c) A temple
(d) An inn
15. From Balthesar's tutors, Biff and Joshua will learn all they can from the __________ masters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the tutor teach to Biff as he is paralyzed, until she is certain he understands the subject?
2. What does the final Magus use in order to show he is capable of turning one thing into something larger?
3. What is the nickname for Biff's tutor who is known as Tiny Fee of the Divine Dance of Joyous Orgasm?
4. Men with spears chase Biff, Joshua, and __________ through the elephant grass until they come upon a tiger and its kill.
5. Who is the rather naive person that Philip calls over to be a part of Joshua's followers?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)