|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets cold on the journey, as he has not mastered the art of creating his own heat?
2. Who is the rather naive person that Philip calls over to be a part of Joshua's followers?
3. Gaspar receives the boys at the monastery and gives them __________ for names, orders a monk to feed them, and tells them their lessons will begin in the morning.
4. Gaspar teaches Joshua about loving his neighbor as his self, which prompts Joshua to become _________ again.
5. What does Biff notice missing from the construction of Balthesar's home, which confuses Biff?
(c) Chisel marks
6. Joshua selects from his disciples those who are to become ___________, or carriers of his messages.
7. Biff learns that _____________ has been arrested for inciting people to riot.
8. What is Biff's first task at the Buddhist monastery, the one that does not go well, prompting Joshua to step in to heal Biff?
(a) Shaving a yak
(b) Standing on his head
(c) Carrying water
9. Joshua and his disciples hear about the __________ of John the Baptist.
10. The boys find out that Balthesar has eight _________, a fact which amazes Biff.
11. What does the final Magus use in order to show he is capable of turning one thing into something larger?
12. What is making the loud slurping noise that wakes Biff, who then wakes up Joshua?
(c) God's voice
13. __________'s mother bawls him out for not writing over the past seventeen years he has been away.
14. The number of twelve apostles corresponds to the twelve ___________ of Israel.
15. What is the nickname for Biff's tutor who is known as Tiny Fee of the Divine Dance of Joyous Orgasm?
Short Answer Questions
1. From Balthesar's tutors, Biff and Joshua will learn all they can from the __________ masters.
2. What comes up in the high desert, which drives Joshua and Biff into Antioch?
3. What does Joshua do on the Sabbath that gets the attention of the Pharisees who are already nervous about Joshua?
4. __________ asks Maggie to become one of Joshua's followers, but she can not as she is married.
5. Maggie asks Joshua to do something about the lack of __________ at the wedding party, which helps the party become livelier.
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)