|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is making the loud slurping noise that wakes Biff, who then wakes up Joshua?
(b) God's voice
2. Balthesar's fortress is built into _____________, which puzzles Biff when he sees it.
(a) The side of a cliff
(b) A tree
(c) The ocean
(d) A mountain
3. What is Biff's first task at the Buddhist monastery, the one that does not go well, prompting Joshua to step in to heal Biff?
(b) Shaving a yak
(c) Standing on his head
(d) Carrying water
4. A very thin Indian man tries to explain to Joshua and Biff that __________ wants their heads to decorate her altar.
5. Joshua and Biff take Maggie to the house of her sister _____________ in order to be safe.
6. Biff helps Joshua compose the Sermon on the _____________, which will be given to the followers of John.
7. _____________ helps to recruit two other fishermen in order to follow Joshua as he begins to preach along the countryside.
8. Joshua offers to heal Simon of his ____________, but he seems to ignore his condition.
9. From Balthesar's tutors, Biff and Joshua will learn all they can from the __________ masters.
10. Who gets cold on the journey, as he has not mastered the art of creating his own heat?
11. When Biff goes into the town to find a job, but finds that a jealous __________ controls who can beg.
12. Joshua selects from his disciples those who are to become ___________, or carriers of his messages.
13. Biff's tutor tells him, "Today's lesson is, if someone puts poison in your _______, don't drink it."
14. The parents are angry with Biff and Joshua as the death of their children might have meant being born into ____________.
(c) A higher caste
15. The number of twelve apostles corresponds to the twelve ___________ of Israel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Raziel has shifted from soap operas to _________ as his television addiction while hanging out in the hotel room.
2. Whose gospel does Biff find to be unbelievable and lonely at the end, prompting a nightmare?
3. For how many days do the monks refuse entrance to Biff and Joshua, as this is a test to make sure they are committed?
4. What comes up in the high desert, which drives Joshua and Biff into Antioch?
5. What does John suggest Joshua call the Divine Spark as that might be easier for the people to understand?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)