|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ____________ invites Joshua and Biff to his home in Capernaum after the wedding party winds down.
2. Joshua and his disciples hear about the __________ of John the Baptist.
3. __________'s mother bawls him out for not writing over the past seventeen years he has been away.
4. What comes up in the high desert, which drives Joshua and Biff into Antioch?
(a) Rain storm
5. Biff's tutor tells him, "Today's lesson is, if someone puts poison in your _______, don't drink it."
6. What is Biff's first task at the Buddhist monastery, the one that does not go well, prompting Joshua to step in to heal Biff?
(a) Standing on his head
(b) Carrying water
(c) Shaving a yak
7. What does John suggest Joshua call the Divine Spark as that might be easier for the people to understand?
(b) God's Love
(c) Holy Ghost
8. Maggie runs into the room with ______________ running out of her mouth.
(b) Green foam
9. Joshua discovers ________ by knocking his head against the hanging sign.
(a) A temple
(b) A school
(c) A bar
(d) An inn
10. What does Joshua get hit with repeatedly during his first lesson with Gaspar?
(a) Bamboo stick
(c) Piece of grass
11. Gaspar receives the boys at the monastery and gives them __________ for names, orders a monk to feed them, and tells them their lessons will begin in the morning.
12. Everything looks __________ to the cured blind beggars, which disappoints them after they are healed by Joshua.
13. Upon invitation, Joshua and some followers visit __________ at his house in Bethany.
14. The death sentence on Joshua has been lifted due to the wealthy merchant, Joseph of ____________.
15. What does Biff throw during the bloody ceremony in order to distract those who are involved?
Short Answer Questions
1. Gaspar teaches Joshua about loving his neighbor as his self, which prompts Joshua to become _________ again.
2. What does Biff notice missing from the construction of Balthesar's home, which confuses Biff?
3. What is Biff given when his tutor believes he has learned the lesson thoroughly?
4. _________ wants to save the daughter of the man they are with, as well as to save other children who are up for death.
5. When Biff reads the Bible in the beginning of chapter 11, he does not recognize this writer as the boy he knew growing up.
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)