|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Biff learn about when he pays for lessons from Kashmir?
(b) Kama Sutra
2. Who is the first disciple of Joshua and is picked up on the way out of town the day after the men return?
3. The boys find out that Balthesar has eight _________, a fact which amazes Biff.
4. What is Biff's first task at the Buddhist monastery, the one that does not go well, prompting Joshua to step in to heal Biff?
(a) Shaving a yak
(c) Standing on his head
(d) Carrying water
5. Biff helps Joshua compose the Sermon on the _____________, which will be given to the followers of John.
6. For how many days do the monks refuse entrance to Biff and Joshua, as this is a test to make sure they are committed?
7. Who does Joshua try to cure of his ailments, though he is not happy when Joshua makes his attempt?
(b) The old man
(c) The deaf concubine
(d) The blind guard
8. A very thin Indian man tries to explain to Joshua and Biff that __________ wants their heads to decorate her altar.
9. From Balthesar's tutors, Biff and Joshua will learn all they can from the __________ masters.
10. What is Joshua given to help him with his injury after hitting his head?
(b) A piece of linen
11. How many huge iron bolts are on the door that Balthesar says Biff and Joshua can not enter at any time?
12. Joshua selects from his disciples those who are to become ___________, or carriers of his messages.
13. Joshua offers to heal Simon of his ____________, but he seems to ignore his condition.
14. Joshua tells Biff about the _____________ that Melchior is teaching him, while Biff talks about Kashmir.
(a) Divine Spark
(c) Holy Ghost
(d) Caste system
15. Joshua discovers ________ by knocking his head against the hanging sign.
(a) A school
(b) A temple
(c) An inn
(d) A bar
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Biff given when his tutor believes he has learned the lesson thoroughly?
2. Joshua and his disciples hear about the __________ of John the Baptist.
3. Justus tells Joshua and the others that Jakan has _______________ Maggie and also wants Joshua dead.
4. Whose gospel does Biff find to be unbelievable and lonely at the end, prompting a nightmare?
5. When Biff reads the Bible in the beginning of chapter 11, he does not recognize this writer as the boy he knew growing up.
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)