|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Joshua and Maggie and Biff are walking to a ________, they talk about what the boys will do as men.
(c) Church service
2. What does Jakan's father do for a living, according to his own admission?
(c) Tax collector
3. The person from #46's answer wants a statue of the well-endowed ______________ to be set in place.
4. Following tradition, many Jews congregate at _______ for Passover, including the boys, their families, and Maggie.
5. Joshua calls the statue at the gate of Sepphoris ___________ and wonders why the Jews have not torn it down.
6. What room does the angel have no need for, making it an ideal place for Biff to get away?
(c) Living area
7. Who has to wait outside the fortress to be paid for the supplies he has brought?
8. What does Biff compare the Old Testament of the Bible to, noting it is very similar?
(a) God's word
(b) His favorite bedtime stories
9. What is the Hebrew name for Biff, the main character in this book?
10. Joshua receives a message from __________ on how to make things better in the situation.
11. The angel Raziel shows up to announce the coming of Christ _________ years too late, as Raziel was playing cards.
12. What does Biff want Joshua to do when they are trying to decide what they will do as adults?
(b) Walk on water
(c) Run away
(d) Become a con man
13. Who is Joshua's true father, even though another man steps in to take on the role?
14. What does Biff try to talk Raziel into buying in order to get him out of the hotel room for a bit?
(b) Soap Opera Digest
(c) Ladies Home Journal
(d) New York Times
15. Biff tries to persuade Joshua to join him in his apprenticeship as __________ is scarce.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joshua buy on the Silk Road, eventually becoming addicted to it?
2. Everyone in ___________ goes to Sepphoris to plead for the life of the accused.
3. Who is the other character who argues with Joshua about who the real Messiah is?
4. What does Biff's father do for a living, so it is generally expected he will do the same thing?
5. What is not finished, so the statue can not be put into place as of yet?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)