|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ___________ develops a sense of satire around the stories of the Bible, while ___________ wants to play true to the stories.
2. Who is overheard to have said that he hates the Romans, which gets him a lesson from a Roman guard?
3. Balthesar appears as a huge __________, which turns out to be a costume and a joke he plays on the boys.
4. What does Biff's father do for a living, so it is generally expected he will do the same thing?
(d) Tax collector
5. What does Biff want Joshua to do when they are trying to decide what they will do as adults?
(a) Become a con man
(b) Walk on water
(d) Run away
6. Maggie's mother promises Maggie to marry __________ after six months have passed.
7. What is the form of humor Biff tells Joshua he has created and Bart has named?
(b) Black laughs
(d) Dark humor
8. Joseph asks Biff to help teach Joshua how to be ________ so that he can live a more normal life.
(a) A jerk
9. Raziel wonders about the ___________ who foretell the future events in his beloved soap operas.
10. Who shows the others that the snake in the town is not possessed by a demon by holding their hand up to it?
11. Who is the other character who argues with Joshua about who the real Messiah is?
12. What is the kind of food that Raziel and Biff both enjoy ordering via room service?
(d) Veggie burgers
13. Biff notes that the Bible contains more ____________ English language than the Hebrew he remembers.
14. Joshua heals John of a _______ he has developed from being in the water so much.
15. The town idiot, __________, turns out to be smarter than he looks, according to some of the characters.
Short Answer Questions
1. __________ starts shouting that Joshua consorts with demons when he is knocked over by Joshua's animal.
2. What does the person who wants the statue moved threaten the boys with when they are unable to move it yet?
3. Who is thought to be a little insane as she talks so much about Joshua's virgin birth?
4. What room does the angel have no need for, making it an ideal place for Biff to get away?
5. What are the color of the robes and the wings of Raziel when he appears to the captain of the ship?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)