|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Balthesar appears as a huge __________, which turns out to be a costume and a joke he plays on the boys.
2. ___________ develops a sense of satire around the stories of the Bible, while ___________ wants to play true to the stories.
3. The Romans have restricted __________ after the attack on the legionnaire the previous night.
4. Who knifes the Roman to death, just as the Roman is about to come after the child pranksters?
5. What happens to the Jews who tried to take down a statue of a Roman god?
(a) They were celebrated
(c) They were crucified
(d) They were thrown into prison
6. Joshua notes that the _____________ only cares for himself and decides to try raising a woman from the dead.
7. What does Biff compare the Old Testament of the Bible to, noting it is very similar?
(a) God's word
(d) His favorite bedtime stories
8. Who knocks down the man who tried to threaten the boys with punishment?
9. What does modern day Biff use to tip room service, even though this is an innocent mistake?
(c) $100 bill
10. Joshua tells Maggie he will make her a _________ of men, though she does not understand what this means.
11. Why does the town idiot ask Biff what is wrong when he is waiting at the well?
(a) Biff collapses
(b) Biff is laughing
(c) Biff is crying
(d) Biff is praying
12. Joseph asks Biff to help teach Joshua how to be ________ so that he can live a more normal life.
(a) A jerk
13. Who dives on top of Maggie in order to protect her from the real killer and his knife?
14. Who notes that he lusts after Joshua's mother, which earns him a punch in the nose from his friend?
15. What does Biff discover in the hotel room, though he knows Raziel will not want him to find it?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who demands that the captain treat the boys fairly, frightening the captain out of his wits?
2. What does Joshua's father do for a living, so it is generally expected he will do the same thing?
3. What does Maggie's father do for a living at the beginning of this book and its story?
4. While other children play normal games, Biff and Joshua used to pretend to be _____________.
5. Who does Biff invite along on a prank he and Joshua are going to play on a statue of Apollo?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)