|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John the Baptist is baptizing one of _______'s younger brothers and is nearly drowning the boy in the process.
2. Joshua and Biff hire on a ship to shorten their trip to ______________, though they are charged for the trip and still have to work.
3. Joshua tells Maggie he will make her a _________ of men, though she does not understand what this means.
4. Everyone in ___________ goes to Sepphoris to plead for the life of the accused.
5. What happens to the Jews who tried to take down a statue of a Roman god?
(b) They were thrown into prison
(c) They were crucified
(d) They were celebrated
6. Whose uncle is the Zealot who saves the children before they are able to escape by running away?
(a) No one's
7. The Romans have restricted __________ after the attack on the legionnaire the previous night.
8. What is the kind of food that Raziel and Biff both enjoy ordering via room service?
(a) Veggie burgers
9. Who does Biff invite along on a prank he and Joshua are going to play on a statue of Apollo?
10. What animal follows Joshua everywhere he goes when he is a child?
(a) A black cobra
(b) A camel
(c) A fish
(d) A lamb
11. Biff wants Joshua to ___________ when he hears about the forced marriage of Maggie.
(a) Marry Maggie
(b) Kidnap Maggie
(c) Kill Jakan
(d) Kill him
12. What does Biff want Joshua to do when they are trying to decide what they will do as adults?
(a) Become a con man
(b) Run away
(c) Walk on water
13. ____________ sends everyone home with a warning not to pull any more strange pranks without letting him get drunk.
14. What does Biff discover in the hotel room, though he knows Raziel will not want him to find it?
15. What is the Hebrew name for Biff, the main character in this book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is not finished, so the statue can not be put into place as of yet?
2. The day after, Joshua is praying in an _______________ seeking answers to many questions.
3. What is the form of humor Biff tells Joshua he has created and Bart has named?
4. __________ becomes panicky during the slaughter of the lambs in the temple for Passover.
5. Joshua calls the statue at the gate of Sepphoris ___________ and wonders why the Jews have not torn it down.
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)