|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Biff tries to explain to Raziel that soap operas are _____________, but the angel does not understand.
2. Joseph asks Biff to help teach Joshua how to be ________ so that he can live a more normal life.
(a) A jerk
3. What does Joshua do as everyone is standing around the grave of the deceased Roman?
(a) Condemns them all to Hell
(b) Causes a rain of locusts
(c) Raises the Roman from the dead
4. Who is Joshua's true father, even though another man steps in to take on the role?
5. Who is chipping away at the state when the Roman legionnaire discovers them in their prank?
(c) No one
6. Biff tries to persuade Joshua to join him in his apprenticeship as __________ is scarce.
7. Who demands that the captain treat the boys fairly, frightening the captain out of his wits?
8. Who does Joshua blind in a fit of rage after raising a thief from the dead once, only to have him be killed again?
(d) A guard
9. Who has to wait outside the fortress to be paid for the supplies he has brought?
10. ______________ sarcastically lets out a few statements about how great the work is that they are doing.
11. What does Biff try to talk Raziel into buying in order to get him out of the hotel room for a bit?
(a) Ladies Home Journal
(b) Soap Opera Digest
(c) New York Times
12. Raziel makes ___________ promise to tell any shepherds he might come across about the good news of Christ's coming.
13. Who knifes the Roman to death, just as the Roman is about to come after the child pranksters?
14. As Joshua and Maggie and Biff are walking to a ________, they talk about what the boys will do as men.
(a) Church service
15. Joshua tells Maggie he will make her a _________ of men, though she does not understand what this means.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maggie's father do for a living at the beginning of this book and its story?
2. Maggie declares she would like to be a ______________, though this is not something women do.
3. Who has sex with a prostitute in order to try to explain sex to another character in the story?
4. _____________ can not experience sex firsthand, so he asks for details to be explained to him.
5. Who notes that he lusts after Joshua's mother, which earns him a punch in the nose from his friend?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)