|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is arrested for the knifing of the legionnaire, something which upsets the boys?
2. __________ starts shouting that Joshua consorts with demons when he is knocked over by Joshua's animal.
3. Rabbi ___________ tells Joshua he can be anything he wants to be, just as long as he does not talk about it.
4. What does Joshua do as everyone is standing around the grave of the deceased Roman?
(a) Condemns them all to Hell
(b) Causes a rain of locusts
(c) Raises the Roman from the dead
5. Who is thought to be a little insane as she talks so much about Joshua's virgin birth?
6. What is the name Biff gives to the rebellious Jews who try to cause trouble for the Romans?
7. What does Biff try to talk Raziel into buying in order to get him out of the hotel room for a bit?
(a) Soap Opera Digest
(b) Ladies Home Journal
(c) New York Times
8. Joshua receives a message from __________ on how to make things better in the situation.
9. __________ becomes panicky during the slaughter of the lambs in the temple for Passover.
10. ____________ sends everyone home with a warning not to pull any more strange pranks without letting him get drunk.
11. Who demands that the captain treat the boys fairly, frightening the captain out of his wits?
12. Who knocks down the man who tried to threaten the boys with punishment?
13. The town idiot, __________, turns out to be smarter than he looks, according to some of the characters.
14. Biff convinces Raziel that ________ can not buy magazines for the guests in order to get Raziel to go away for a while.
15. Maggie declares she would like to be a ______________, though this is not something women do.
Short Answer Questions
1. ______________ sarcastically lets out a few statements about how great the work is that they are doing.
2. Biff's father talks with the ____________ who has hired him to build the house where the stonecutting takes place.
3. The Romans have restricted __________ after the attack on the legionnaire the previous night.
4. What animal follows Joshua everywhere he goes when he is a child?
5. As Joshua and Maggie and Biff are walking to a ________, they talk about what the boys will do as men.
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)