|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The day after, Joshua is praying in an _______________ seeking answers to many questions.
(a) Olive grove
(b) Old barn
(d) Old shed
2. Who is overheard to have said that he hates the Romans, which gets him a lesson from a Roman guard?
3. Joseph asks Biff to help teach Joshua how to be ________ so that he can live a more normal life.
(b) A jerk
4. Biff tries to persuade Joshua to join him in his apprenticeship as __________ is scarce.
5. Why does the town idiot ask Biff what is wrong when he is waiting at the well?
(a) Biff is praying
(b) Biff is crying
(c) Biff collapses
(d) Biff is laughing
6. Who knocks down the man who tried to threaten the boys with punishment?
7. John the Baptist is baptizing one of _______'s younger brothers and is nearly drowning the boy in the process.
8. What does Maggie's father do for a living at the beginning of this book and its story?
9. The angel Raziel shows up to announce the coming of Christ _________ years too late, as Raziel was playing cards.
10. Biff's father talks with the ____________ who has hired him to build the house where the stonecutting takes place.
(b) Roman guard
11. Who knifes the Roman to death, just as the Roman is about to come after the child pranksters?
12. Who shows the others that the snake in the town is not possessed by a demon by holding their hand up to it?
13. Everyone in ___________ goes to Sepphoris to plead for the life of the accused.
14. Who is arrested for the knifing of the legionnaire, something which upsets the boys?
15. Rabbi ___________ tells Joshua he can be anything he wants to be, just as long as he does not talk about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who demands that the captain treat the boys fairly, frightening the captain out of his wits?
2. Joshua receives a message from __________ on how to make things better in the situation.
3. Biff tries to explain to Raziel that soap operas are _____________, but the angel does not understand.
4. If the accused knifing suspect is convicted and found guilty, what will happen to the guilty party's family?
5. What reduces Mary's credibility when she talks about her son Joshua and how powerful he is?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)