|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joshua calls the statue at the gate of Sepphoris ___________ and wonders why the Jews have not torn it down.
2. Who does Joshua blind in a fit of rage after raising a thief from the dead once, only to have him be killed again?
(d) A guard
3. What is the form of humor Biff tells Joshua he has created and Bart has named?
(a) Black laughs
(b) Dark humor
4. What does Joshua do as everyone is standing around the grave of the deceased Roman?
(b) Raises the Roman from the dead
(c) Condemns them all to Hell
(d) Causes a rain of locusts
5. While everyone else fears God and Rom, Joshua fears ______________.
(c) The Devil
6. What is the Hebrew name for Biff, the main character in this book?
7. Who knocks down the man who tried to threaten the boys with punishment?
8. Joseph asks Biff to help teach Joshua how to be ________ so that he can live a more normal life.
(a) A jerk
9. Whose uncle is the Zealot who saves the children before they are able to escape by running away?
(b) No one's
10. Raziel makes ___________ promise to tell any shepherds he might come across about the good news of Christ's coming.
11. What do Biff and Joshua need to take care of if they want to be taken to Balthesar?
12. Biff convinces Raziel that ________ can not buy magazines for the guests in order to get Raziel to go away for a while.
13. What animal follows Joshua everywhere he goes when he is a child?
(a) A black cobra
(b) A camel
(c) A lamb
(d) A fish
14. What does Biff want Joshua to do when they are trying to decide what they will do as adults?
(a) Walk on water
(c) Run away
(d) Become a con man
15. Who ends up killing the Roman's killer before the killer kills Maggie?
(d) No one
Short Answer Questions
1. Biff wants Joshua to ___________ when he hears about the forced marriage of Maggie.
2. The two idiot tells Biff to become a ____________ and to stop thinking too much about what's happening.
3. Who is the other character who argues with Joshua about who the real Messiah is?
4. What is not finished, so the statue can not be put into place as of yet?
5. Biff jokes about becoming a professional _______________ and bids Maggie farewell.
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)