|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: The Boy, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the town idiot ask Biff what is wrong when he is waiting at the well?
(a) Biff collapses
(b) Biff is crying
(c) Biff is praying
(d) Biff is laughing
2. What is the Hebrew name for Biff, the main character in this book?
3. What does Biff want Joshua to do when they are trying to decide what they will do as adults?
(a) Run away
(b) Become a con man
(c) Walk on water
4. What does modern day Biff use to tip room service, even though this is an innocent mistake?
(b) $100 bill
5. Joshua tells Maggie he will make her a _________ of men, though she does not understand what this means.
Short Answer Questions
1. While other children play normal games, Biff and Joshua used to pretend to be _____________.
2. The town idiot, __________, turns out to be smarter than he looks, according to some of the characters.
3. What happens to the Jews who tried to take down a statue of a Roman god?
4. What is the name of the man who delivers the food to the room of Raziel and Biff?
5. ___________ develops a sense of satire around the stories of the Bible, while ___________ wants to play true to the stories.
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)