|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: The Boy, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the town idiot ask Biff what is wrong when he is waiting at the well?
(a) Biff is crying
(b) Biff is laughing
(c) Biff collapses
(d) Biff is praying
2. One rule of the Romans is to pay your taxes; what is the other rule?
(a) Worship multiple Gods
(b) Don't rebel
(c) Have many wives
(d) Ignore the Sabbath
3. __________ starts shouting that Joshua consorts with demons when he is knocked over by Joshua's animal.
4. While everyone else fears God and Rom, Joshua fears ______________.
(c) The Devil
5. When Joshua's face shows up on a piece of bread, who does Mary try to convince others in the town the face really is?
Short Answer Questions
1. What room does the angel have no need for, making it an ideal place for Biff to get away?
2. What is the Hebrew name for Biff, the main character in this book?
3. How old are the boys when they are ready to start their own apprenticeships?
4. What reduces Mary's credibility when she talks about her son Joshua and how powerful he is?
5. The two idiot tells Biff to become a ____________ and to stop thinking too much about what's happening.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)