|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: The Boy, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Joshua's face shows up on a piece of bread, who does Mary try to convince others in the town the face really is?
2. What is the Hebrew name for Biff, the main character in this book?
3. Joshua tells Maggie he will make her a _________ of men, though she does not understand what this means.
4. ___________ develops a sense of satire around the stories of the Bible, while ___________ wants to play true to the stories.
5. One rule of the Romans is to pay your taxes; what is the other rule?
(a) Don't rebel
(b) Have many wives
(c) Ignore the Sabbath
(d) Worship multiple Gods
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maggie's father do for a living at the beginning of this book and its story?
2. What room does the angel have no need for, making it an ideal place for Biff to get away?
3. What does Joshua's father do for a living, so it is generally expected he will do the same thing?
4. While everyone else fears God and Rom, Joshua fears ______________.
5. What does Biff's father do for a living, so it is generally expected he will do the same thing?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)