|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: The Boy, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maggie's father do for a living at the beginning of this book and its story?
2. While everyone else fears God and Rom, Joshua fears ______________.
(b) The Devil
3. What is the Hebrew name for Biff, the main character in this book?
4. Who is Joshua's true father, even though another man steps in to take on the role?
5. What room does the angel have no need for, making it an ideal place for Biff to get away?
(c) Living area
Short Answer Questions
1. When Joshua's face shows up on a piece of bread, who does Mary try to convince others in the town the face really is?
2. One rule of the Romans is to pay your taxes; what is the other rule?
3. Joshua notes that the _____________ only cares for himself and decides to try raising a woman from the dead.
4. While other children play normal games, Biff and Joshua used to pretend to be _____________.
5. The angel Raziel shows up to announce the coming of Christ _________ years too late, as Raziel was playing cards.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)