|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: The Boy, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The angel Raziel shows up to announce the coming of Christ _________ years too late, as Raziel was playing cards.
2. What reduces Mary's credibility when she talks about her son Joshua and how powerful he is?
(a) Her crazy eyes
(b) The fact she has other children
(c) Her fortune telling
3. Joshua notes that the _____________ only cares for himself and decides to try raising a woman from the dead.
4. The day after, Joshua is praying in an _______________ seeking answers to many questions.
(a) Old barn
(b) Olive grove
(c) Old shed
5. While everyone else fears God and Rom, Joshua fears ______________.
(c) The Devil
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maggie's father do for a living at the beginning of this book and its story?
2. As Joshua and Maggie and Biff are walking to a ________, they talk about what the boys will do as men.
3. Who is Joshua's true father, even though another man steps in to take on the role?
4. What does Biff's father do for a living, so it is generally expected he will do the same thing?
5. What room does the angel have no need for, making it an ideal place for Biff to get away?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)