|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes a Wounded Knee patch for Mary's child?
2. What man does Annie Mae get close to in the months preceding her death?
3. When did the Sun Dance come out into the open again?
4. Who is Bob Free at Wounded Knee?
5. Where is Leonard Peltier from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the points where Mary disagreed with the feminists who had supported her.
2. What was First Woman given the power to do?
3. What led to Leonard Crow Dog's second breakdown while in prison?
4. What leads up to Mary becoming Leonard's wife?
5. What happens to Mary and her child as they leave Wounded Knee?
6. Describe the Crow Dogs' vision pit.
7. Summarize what happens to Leonard Crow Dog's traditional style of wearing his hair while in prison.
8. Why do the Crow Dogs believe they are cursed?
9. Describe Barbara's living situation in Chapter Sixteen.
10. Describe the changes in the Crow Dog family in the epilogue.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the effects of the Indian Reorganization Act on Native Americans, both the advantages and the disadvantages. What is the author's opinion of the Indian Reorganization Act?
Essay Topic 2
Why was the government threatened by Annie Mae Aquash? Who do you believe killed her?
Essay Topic 3
Mary ends the first chapter by talking about her husband's family history. She states, "So, if my own family lacks history, that of my husband more than makes up for it." Compare and contrast Mary's family history with that of the Leonard Crow Dog.
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)