|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Leonard Crow Dog perform spiritual ceremonies with at Wounded Knee?
2. What does Bobby Leader Charge dance for in Chapter Sixteen?
3. What man does Annie Mae get close to in the months preceding her death?
4. Who are Beck and McClosky?
5. What does Leonard call his bible that he needed to have in prison?
Essay Topic 1
Research the history of Indian Boarding Schools and write an essay about the philosophy behind Indian boarding schools and their effects. Did the schools achieve the purpose they were supposed to achieve? Were the schools a benefit or harmful to the Native American children who were forced to attend them?
Essay Topic 2
Does becoming a mother change Mary? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of women at Wounded Knee and whether they were treated as second-class citizens.
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)