|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who acts as chief midwife when Mary gives birth?
2. Who is the Oglala holy man who dies about 50 years before the second Wounded Knee?
3. In Chapter Sixteen, what are the names of Leonard's daughters?
4. What do many Ghost Dance dancers wrap themselves up with in the 19th century?
5. How many children does Leonard have before marriage to Mary?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the changes in the Crow Dog family in the epilogue.
2. Explain the points where Mary disagreed with the feminists who had supported her.
3. Who are some of the non-Indian supporters for Leonard Crow Dog?
4. Explain who Charles and Robert were from Chapter Nine.
5. What is going on around Mary while she is giving birth?
6. Explain all that Leonard Crow Dog did at Wounded Knee in 1973.
7. What happened to the Sun Dance in 1883?
8. How is a yuwipi ceremony prepared for?
9. What was First Woman given the power to do?
10. What does Leonard Crow Dog compare the Bicentennial to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the treatment of Native American women in Chapter Five.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze what changes Mary goes through in marrying Leonard Crow Dog.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the belief held by Sioux men that menstruating women cannot participate in rituals because their power is too strong.
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)