|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Annie Mae last seen by her friends?
2. What is a winkte?
3. What happens to the Crow Dogs on September 5, 1975?
4. Who is Bob Free at Wounded Knee?
5. What color is Mary's new home painted?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is a yuwipi ceremony prepared for?
2. Describe the Crow Dogs' vision pit.
3. What happens to the buildings used after Wounded Knee ends?
4. What did Mary admire about her friend, Annie Mae?
5. How does the first Crow Dog get his name, according to the stories that Henry Crow Dog tells Mary?
6. What is going on around Mary while she is giving birth?
7. Where did Annie Mae first meet people from AIM?
8. What was First Woman given the power to do?
9. What causes Mary's breakdown and how is she healed?
10. Describe Barbara's living situation in Chapter Sixteen.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how AIM changed Mary Brave Bird's life. Include both positive and negative influences. In your opinion, did AIM help Mary or not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of peyote with Native Americans in general and its effects on Mary's life.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the effects of the Indian Reorganization Act on Native Americans, both the advantages and the disadvantages. What is the author's opinion of the Indian Reorganization Act?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)