|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Barbara living in Chapter Sixteen?
2. How many children does Mary bear Leonard?
3. People from what New York tribe join the siege at Wounded Knee for awhile?
4. What is sprinkled over hot rocks in Chapter Fourteen?
5. What does the only white man's home with heat and running tap water in Pine Ridge become during the siege?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Leonard Crow Dog compare the Bicentennial to?
2. Why do the Crow Dogs believe they are cursed?
3. What leads up to Mary becoming Leonard's wife?
4. How is a yuwipi ceremony prepared for?
5. Where did Crow Dog talk to Mary about Sioux legends and what was involved in being a medicine man and the wife of a medicine man?
6. Who are some of the non-Indian supporters for Leonard Crow Dog?
7. Summarize what happens to Leonard Crow Dog's traditional style of wearing his hair while in prison.
8. What did Mary admire about her friend, Annie Mae?
9. What causes Mary's breakdown and how is she healed?
10. What led to Leonard Crow Dog's second breakdown while in prison?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the events of the siege of Wounded Knee.
Essay Topic 2
Does becoming a mother change Mary? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of women at Wounded Knee and whether they were treated as second-class citizens.
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)