|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author compare the scene of September 5 to?
2. What happens to the Crow Dogs on September 5, 1975?
3. In Sioux traditional births, what is placed in the center of a tipi?
4. In what year did the first Crow Dog win a case in the Supreme Court?
5. Who tells Mary that she is the water and the corn?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the first Crow Dog get his name, according to the stories that Henry Crow Dog tells Mary?
2. What led to Leonard Crow Dog's second breakdown while in prison?
3. When Crow Dog is released from prison the first time, he goes to New York with friends, but has trouble sleeping. Mentally, he feels like he's still in prison. What changes?
4. Describe the trading post store.
5. Where did Annie Mae first meet people from AIM?
6. Explain the points where Mary disagreed with the feminists who had supported her.
7. What happened to the Sun Dance in 1883?
8. Describe the Ghost Dance that Leonard held at Wounded Knee in 1973.
9. What happens to Mary and her child as they leave Wounded Knee?
10. How is a yuwipi ceremony prepared for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of peyote with Native Americans in general and its effects on Mary's life.
Essay Topic 2
What purpose does the Epilogue of Lakota Woman serve?
Essay Topic 3
Explain why Chapter Fifteen is titled, "The Eagle Caged."
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)