|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What chief does the first Crow Dog kill that leads to a four-generation blood guilt?
2. What does "Ho Uway Tinkte" mean?
3. Who says, "Moral power is always more dangerous to an oppressor than political force"?
4. Where does Mary's skin sacrifice go?
5. What does Leonard say helps him be a better psychiatrist than the ones he sees?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Mary admire about her friend, Annie Mae?
2. What happens to the buildings used after Wounded Knee ends?
3. Describe the Crow Dogs' vision pit.
4. Who are some of the non-Indian supporters for Leonard Crow Dog?
5. What led to Leonard Crow Dog's second breakdown while in prison?
6. Explain the points where Mary disagreed with the feminists who had supported her.
7. Describe Annie Mae's childhood.
8. Describe the changes in the Crow Dog family in the epilogue.
9. Why do the Crow Dogs believe they are cursed?
10. Where did Annie Mae first meet people from AIM?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of women at Wounded Knee and whether they were treated as second-class citizens.
Essay Topic 2
Explain why Chapter Fifteen is titled, "The Eagle Caged."
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the belief held by Sioux men that menstruating women cannot participate in rituals because their power is too strong.
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)