|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the FBI shoot and kill when they raid the Crow Dogs?
2. Who says, "Purify them, don't cook them"?
3. According to Chapter Eleven, where does Crow Dog go on Friday, April 5th?
4. What lunch does Mary eat in Chapter Nine before she notices airplanes flying over?
5. Who is the Osage artist who supports Leonard Crow Dog being released?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Annie Mae first meet people from AIM?
2. Describe the Ghost Dance that Leonard held at Wounded Knee in 1973.
3. What events led to Judge Robert Merhige to release Crow Dog for time served?
4. Describe the trading post store.
5. Explain all that Leonard Crow Dog did at Wounded Knee in 1973.
6. Describe the changes in the Crow Dog family in the epilogue.
7. How does the first Crow Dog get his name, according to the stories that Henry Crow Dog tells Mary?
8. What was First Woman given the power to do?
9. When Crow Dog is released from prison the first time, he goes to New York with friends, but has trouble sleeping. Mentally, he feels like he's still in prison. What changes?
10. What happened to the Sun Dance in 1883?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Research the history of Indian Boarding Schools and write an essay about the philosophy behind Indian boarding schools and their effects. Did the schools achieve the purpose they were supposed to achieve? Were the schools a benefit or harmful to the Native American children who were forced to attend them?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of peyote with Native Americans in general and its effects on Mary's life.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how AIM changed Mary Brave Bird's life. Include both positive and negative influences. In your opinion, did AIM help Mary or not?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)