|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ceremony involves the entering of spirits and moving of objects?
2. What does Leonard say helps him be a better psychiatrist than the ones he sees?
3. How many children does Mary bear Leonard?
4. What do the criminal charges against Leonard Crow Dog stem from?
5. In Chapter Thirteen, the author mentions people involved with Indian Rights who died. Who led the Oglala Sioux Civil Rights Organization (OSCRO) and was shot by tribal police?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Ghost Dance that Leonard held at Wounded Knee in 1973.
2. How does the first Crow Dog get his name, according to the stories that Henry Crow Dog tells Mary?
3. What did Mary admire about her friend, Annie Mae?
4. Describe the changes in the Crow Dog family in the epilogue.
5. What causes Mary's breakdown and how is she healed?
6. What led to Leonard Crow Dog's second breakdown while in prison?
7. Where did Annie Mae first meet people from AIM?
8. Explain the points where Mary disagreed with the feminists who had supported her.
9. Why do the Crow Dogs believe they are cursed?
10. Describe Annie Mae's childhood.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Mary's need to have her baby at Wounded Knee.
Essay Topic 2
Describe how AIM changed Mary Brave Bird's life. Include both positive and negative influences. In your opinion, did AIM help Mary or not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of women at Wounded Knee and whether they were treated as second-class citizens.
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)