|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Mary bear Leonard?
2. What year does Mary move in with Leonard?
3. Where is Barbara living in Chapter Sixteen?
4. According to a Sioux proverb in Chapter Twelve, what is a good mother like?
5. The feds at Wounded Knee wear camouflage outfits or _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is going on around Mary while she is giving birth?
2. Why do the Crow Dogs believe they are cursed?
3. What was the attitude toward Mary, who was quite pregnant at the time of the siege at Wounded Knee?
4. What was First Woman given the power to do?
5. What happens to Mary and her child as they leave Wounded Knee?
6. Summarize what happens to Leonard Crow Dog's traditional style of wearing his hair while in prison.
7. What events led to Judge Robert Merhige to release Crow Dog for time served?
8. What happened to the Sun Dance in 1883?
9. Describe Barbara's living situation in Chapter Sixteen.
10. What was the purpose of the Ghost Dance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of women at Wounded Knee and whether they were treated as second-class citizens.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the importance of the Ghost Dance at both Wounded Knee episodes.
Essay Topic 3
Does becoming a mother change Mary? Why or why not?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)