|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes a Wounded Knee patch for Mary's child?
2. What does "Ho Uway Tinkte" mean?
3. What man does Annie Mae get close to in the months preceding her death?
4. On what date does Mary give birth?
5. The feds at Wounded Knee wear camouflage outfits or _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the attitude toward Mary, who was quite pregnant at the time of the siege at Wounded Knee?
2. Where did Annie Mae first meet people from AIM?
3. When Crow Dog is released from prison the first time, he goes to New York with friends, but has trouble sleeping. Mentally, he feels like he's still in prison. What changes?
4. What is going on around Mary while she is giving birth?
5. What events led to Judge Robert Merhige to release Crow Dog for time served?
6. Explain who Charles and Robert were from Chapter Nine.
7. What causes Mary's breakdown and how is she healed?
8. What happens to Mary and her child as they leave Wounded Knee?
9. Describe Annie Mae's childhood.
10. What led to Leonard Crow Dog's second breakdown while in prison?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What purpose does the Epilogue of Lakota Woman serve?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze what changes Mary goes through in marrying Leonard Crow Dog.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the treatment of Native American women in Chapter Five.
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)