|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the Crow Dogs on September 5, 1975?
2. Who is Bob Free at Wounded Knee?
3. Who makes a Wounded Knee patch for Mary's child?
4. What does Crow Dog call the abuses from the men who worked at the prisons?
5. What does Leonard do with $4000 he receives in residuals in Chapter Twelve?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is a yuwipi ceremony prepared for?
2. When Crow Dog is released from prison the first time, he goes to New York with friends, but has trouble sleeping. Mentally, he feels like he's still in prison. What changes?
3. What happens to the buildings used after Wounded Knee ends?
4. Describe the Ghost Dance that Leonard held at Wounded Knee in 1973.
5. Describe the trading post store.
6. Describe Annie Mae's childhood.
7. Explain the points where Mary disagreed with the feminists who had supported her.
8. Describe Barbara's living situation in Chapter Sixteen.
9. What happens to Mary and her child as they leave Wounded Knee?
10. Where did Annie Mae first meet people from AIM?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why was the government threatened by Annie Mae Aquash? Who do you believe killed her?
Essay Topic 2
The first chapter of Lakota Woman starts with a Cheyenne proverb: "A nation is not conquered until the hearts of its women are on the ground. Then it is done, no matter how brave its warriors nor how strong their weapons." The narrator also refers to this proverb later in the chapter. How does this proverb relate to this book?
Essay Topic 3
Research the history of Indian Boarding Schools and write an essay about the philosophy behind Indian boarding schools and their effects. Did the schools achieve the purpose they were supposed to achieve? Were the schools a benefit or harmful to the Native American children who were forced to attend them?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)