|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do many Ghost Dance dancers wrap themselves up with in the 19th century?
2. What does the only white man's home with heat and running tap water in Pine Ridge become during the siege?
3. How many children does Leonard have before marriage to Mary?
4. In Chapter Thirteen, the author mentions people involved with Indian Rights who died. Who led the Oglala Sioux Civil Rights Organization (OSCRO) and was shot by tribal police?
5. How does one ask for a yuwipi ceremony?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain all that Leonard Crow Dog did at Wounded Knee in 1973.
2. When Crow Dog is released from prison the first time, he goes to New York with friends, but has trouble sleeping. Mentally, he feels like he's still in prison. What changes?
3. What was First Woman given the power to do?
4. What leads up to Mary becoming Leonard's wife?
5. Describe the Ghost Dance that Leonard held at Wounded Knee in 1973.
6. Describe Barbara's living situation in Chapter Sixteen.
7. Explain the points where Mary disagreed with the feminists who had supported her.
8. Describe Annie Mae's childhood.
9. What events led to Judge Robert Merhige to release Crow Dog for time served?
10. What was the purpose of the Ghost Dance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the events of the siege of Wounded Knee.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the belief held by Sioux men that menstruating women cannot participate in rituals because their power is too strong.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how AIM changed Mary Brave Bird's life. Include both positive and negative influences. In your opinion, did AIM help Mary or not?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)