|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who starts the Ghost Dance religion?
2. How many children does Mary bear Leonard?
3. What lunch does Mary eat in Chapter Nine before she notices airplanes flying over?
4. Where is Barbara living in Chapter Sixteen?
5. Who is the Oglala holy man who dies about 50 years before the second Wounded Knee?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Annie Mae's childhood.
2. Where did Crow Dog talk to Mary about Sioux legends and what was involved in being a medicine man and the wife of a medicine man?
3. What does Leonard Crow Dog compare the Bicentennial to?
4. Describe Barbara's living situation in Chapter Sixteen.
5. What happens to Mary and her child as they leave Wounded Knee?
6. How is a yuwipi ceremony prepared for?
7. What led to Leonard Crow Dog's second breakdown while in prison?
8. When Crow Dog is released from prison the first time, he goes to New York with friends, but has trouble sleeping. Mentally, he feels like he's still in prison. What changes?
9. What happens to the buildings used after Wounded Knee ends?
10. Where did Annie Mae first meet people from AIM?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the treatment of Native American women in Chapter Five.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Mary's need to have her baby at Wounded Knee.
Essay Topic 3
What purpose does the Epilogue of Lakota Woman serve?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)