|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous Indian is the first Crow Dog friends with?
2. According to a Sioux proverb in Chapter Twelve, what is a good mother like?
3. What does Leonard say helps him be a better psychiatrist than the ones he sees?
4. What does First Woman find on her left side?
5. Who is the Osage artist who supports Leonard Crow Dog being released?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Barbara's living situation in Chapter Sixteen.
2. Explain who Charles and Robert were from Chapter Nine.
3. What leads up to Mary becoming Leonard's wife?
4. Describe Annie Mae's childhood.
5. What was the attitude toward Mary, who was quite pregnant at the time of the siege at Wounded Knee?
6. Why do the Crow Dogs believe they are cursed?
7. How is a yuwipi ceremony prepared for?
8. Explain all that Leonard Crow Dog did at Wounded Knee in 1973.
9. What causes Mary's breakdown and how is she healed?
10. What is going on around Mary while she is giving birth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Research the history of Indian Boarding Schools and write an essay about the philosophy behind Indian boarding schools and their effects. Did the schools achieve the purpose they were supposed to achieve? Were the schools a benefit or harmful to the Native American children who were forced to attend them?
Essay Topic 2
Explain why Chapter Fifteen is titled, "The Eagle Caged."
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of women at Wounded Knee and whether they were treated as second-class citizens.
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)