|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter Eleven, where does Crow Dog go on Friday, April 5th?
2. When does Annie Mae first meet people from AIM?
3. Who is Bob Free at Wounded Knee?
4. Where is Barbara living in Chapter Sixteen?
5. What chief does the first Crow Dog kill that leads to a four-generation blood guilt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Leonard Crow Dog compare the Bicentennial to?
2. When Crow Dog is released from prison the first time, he goes to New York with friends, but has trouble sleeping. Mentally, he feels like he's still in prison. What changes?
3. Explain who Charles and Robert were from Chapter Nine.
4. What is going on around Mary while she is giving birth?
5. What was the purpose of the Ghost Dance?
6. What happens to the buildings used after Wounded Knee ends?
7. Explain the points where Mary disagreed with the feminists who had supported her.
8. What leads up to Mary becoming Leonard's wife?
9. What led to Leonard Crow Dog's second breakdown while in prison?
10. What happens to Mary and her child as they leave Wounded Knee?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the treatment of Native American women in Chapter Five.
Essay Topic 2
Explain why Chapter Fifteen is titled, "The Eagle Caged."
Essay Topic 3
Analyze what changes Mary goes through in marrying Leonard Crow Dog.
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)