|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "Ho Uway Tinkte" mean?
2. How old was Leonard Crow Dog when his spiritual gifts were first noticed?
3. In what year did the first Crow Dog win a case in the Supreme Court?
4. Who acts as chief midwife when Mary gives birth?
5. In Chapter Sixteen, what are the names of Leonard's daughters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What events led to Judge Robert Merhige to release Crow Dog for time served?
2. Why do the Crow Dogs believe they are cursed?
3. Who are some of the non-Indian supporters for Leonard Crow Dog?
4. Explain the points where Mary disagreed with the feminists who had supported her.
5. Summarize what happens to Leonard Crow Dog's traditional style of wearing his hair while in prison.
6. What leads up to Mary becoming Leonard's wife?
7. Describe the Crow Dogs' vision pit.
8. What does Leonard Crow Dog compare the Bicentennial to?
9. How is a yuwipi ceremony prepared for?
10. What was the purpose of the Ghost Dance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the events of the siege of Wounded Knee.
Essay Topic 2
Why was the government threatened by Annie Mae Aquash? Who do you believe killed her?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the treatment of Native American women in Chapter Five.
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)