|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does First Woman find on her left side?
2. What ceremony involves the entering of spirits and moving of objects?
3. Who does Annie Mae marry in the Indian way and take the name of?
4. Who says, "Moral power is always more dangerous to an oppressor than political force"?
5. Who does Leonard Crow Dog perform spiritual ceremonies with at Wounded Knee?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain all that Leonard Crow Dog did at Wounded Knee in 1973.
2. What happens to Mary and her child as they leave Wounded Knee?
3. Describe the Crow Dogs' vision pit.
4. What was the purpose of the Ghost Dance?
5. Describe Annie Mae's childhood.
6. What causes Mary's breakdown and how is she healed?
7. What events led to Judge Robert Merhige to release Crow Dog for time served?
8. What happens to the buildings used after Wounded Knee ends?
9. What was First Woman given the power to do?
10. Where did Annie Mae first meet people from AIM?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter Two, the Sioux practice of tiyospaye is introduced and described as the center of the old Sioux society. Explain what tiyospaye is and how it has changed.
Essay Topic 2
What purpose does the Epilogue of Lakota Woman serve?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the effects of the Indian Reorganization Act on Native Americans, both the advantages and the disadvantages. What is the author's opinion of the Indian Reorganization Act?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)