|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did White Buffalo Woman bring to the Sioux?
2. Who is the ex-marine Vietnam vet who is shot through the heart at Wounded Knee?
3. Who is the Oglala holy man who dies about 50 years before the second Wounded Knee?
4. On what date does Mary give birth?
5. What year does Mary move in with Leonard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Mary's breakdown and how is she healed?
2. What led to Leonard Crow Dog's second breakdown while in prison?
3. What did Mary admire about her friend, Annie Mae?
4. How is a yuwipi ceremony prepared for?
5. Describe the Ghost Dance that Leonard held at Wounded Knee in 1973.
6. Explain who Charles and Robert were from Chapter Nine.
7. What is going on around Mary while she is giving birth?
8. Summarize what happens to Leonard Crow Dog's traditional style of wearing his hair while in prison.
9. What was the purpose of the Ghost Dance?
10. Where did Crow Dog talk to Mary about Sioux legends and what was involved in being a medicine man and the wife of a medicine man?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the importance of the Ghost Dance at both Wounded Knee episodes.
Essay Topic 2
Why was the government threatened by Annie Mae Aquash? Who do you believe killed her?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Mary's experience with the Sun Dance.
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)