|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Oglala holy man who dies about 50 years before the second Wounded Knee?
2. Who is the Osage artist who supports Leonard Crow Dog being released?
3. Where is the reservation where Annie Mae was born and raised?
4. What is sprinkled over hot rocks in Chapter Fourteen?
5. Who is accused of shooting and killing two federal officers and later convicted of the crime?
Short Essay Questions
1. What events led to Judge Robert Merhige to release Crow Dog for time served?
2. What led to Leonard Crow Dog's second breakdown while in prison?
3. Describe Barbara's living situation in Chapter Sixteen.
4. What happened to the Sun Dance in 1883?
5. What happens to Mary and her child as they leave Wounded Knee?
6. Explain who Charles and Robert were from Chapter Nine.
7. Where did Annie Mae first meet people from AIM?
8. What does Leonard Crow Dog compare the Bicentennial to?
9. Where did Crow Dog talk to Mary about Sioux legends and what was involved in being a medicine man and the wife of a medicine man?
10. What did Mary admire about her friend, Annie Mae?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Research the history of Indian Boarding Schools and write an essay about the philosophy behind Indian boarding schools and their effects. Did the schools achieve the purpose they were supposed to achieve? Were the schools a benefit or harmful to the Native American children who were forced to attend them?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of peyote with Native Americans in general and its effects on Mary's life.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the belief held by Sioux men that menstruating women cannot participate in rituals because their power is too strong.
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)