|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. People from what New York tribe join the siege at Wounded Knee for awhile?
2. Who is Ptesan Win?
3. What man does Annie Mae get close to in the months preceding her death?
4. What do many Ghost Dance dancers wrap themselves up with in the 19th century?
5. Who is the Osage artist who supports Leonard Crow Dog being released?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the attitude toward Mary, who was quite pregnant at the time of the siege at Wounded Knee?
2. Describe the Ghost Dance that Leonard held at Wounded Knee in 1973.
3. What led to Leonard Crow Dog's second breakdown while in prison?
4. What was First Woman given the power to do?
5. What happens to Mary and her child as they leave Wounded Knee?
6. How does the first Crow Dog get his name, according to the stories that Henry Crow Dog tells Mary?
7. Who are some of the non-Indian supporters for Leonard Crow Dog?
8. Describe Barbara's living situation in Chapter Sixteen.
9. What happens to the buildings used after Wounded Knee ends?
10. What causes Mary's breakdown and how is she healed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What purpose does the Epilogue of Lakota Woman serve?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter Two, the Sioux practice of tiyospaye is introduced and described as the center of the old Sioux society. Explain what tiyospaye is and how it has changed.
Essay Topic 3
Why was the government threatened by Annie Mae Aquash? Who do you believe killed her?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)