|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leonard do with $4000 he receives in residuals in Chapter Twelve?
2. What do the criminal charges against Leonard Crow Dog stem from?
3. Who does Leonard Crow Dog perform spiritual ceremonies with at Wounded Knee?
4. What does the author compare the scene of September 5 to?
5. How many children does Mary bear Leonard?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Barbara's living situation in Chapter Sixteen.
2. What happens to Mary and her child as they leave Wounded Knee?
3. What led to Leonard Crow Dog's second breakdown while in prison?
4. Describe Annie Mae's childhood.
5. What does Leonard Crow Dog compare the Bicentennial to?
6. Describe the trading post store.
7. When Crow Dog is released from prison the first time, he goes to New York with friends, but has trouble sleeping. Mentally, he feels like he's still in prison. What changes?
8. What leads up to Mary becoming Leonard's wife?
9. What events led to Judge Robert Merhige to release Crow Dog for time served?
10. What did Mary admire about her friend, Annie Mae?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the effects of the Indian Reorganization Act on Native Americans, both the advantages and the disadvantages. What is the author's opinion of the Indian Reorganization Act?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Mary's need to have her baby at Wounded Knee.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the treatment of Native American women in Chapter Five.
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)