|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leonard say helps him be a better psychiatrist than the ones he sees?
2. What is Annie Mae's mother's name?
3. What is made of a buffalo legbone in Chapter Sixteen?
4. How old was Leonard Crow Dog when his spiritual gifts were first noticed?
5. Who says that the hoop has not been broken in Chapter Ten?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the first Crow Dog get his name, according to the stories that Henry Crow Dog tells Mary?
2. When Crow Dog is released from prison the first time, he goes to New York with friends, but has trouble sleeping. Mentally, he feels like he's still in prison. What changes?
3. What was First Woman given the power to do?
4. What causes Mary's breakdown and how is she healed?
5. What did Mary admire about her friend, Annie Mae?
6. Describe the changes in the Crow Dog family in the epilogue.
7. What happens to the buildings used after Wounded Knee ends?
8. Why do the Crow Dogs believe they are cursed?
9. What leads up to Mary becoming Leonard's wife?
10. What led to Leonard Crow Dog's second breakdown while in prison?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the events of the siege of Wounded Knee.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the importance of the Ghost Dance at both Wounded Knee episodes.
Essay Topic 3
Research the history of Indian Boarding Schools and write an essay about the philosophy behind Indian boarding schools and their effects. Did the schools achieve the purpose they were supposed to achieve? Were the schools a benefit or harmful to the Native American children who were forced to attend them?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)