|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Siege at Wounded Kneeis concentrated around three centers: Sacred Heart Church, Gildersleeve Trading Post, and _____.
2. Who is accused of shooting and killing two federal officers and later convicted of the crime?
3. What causes Leonard to break down the first time while in prison?
4. What year does Mary move in with Leonard?
5. Where is Barbara living in Chapter Sixteen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Annie Mae first meet people from AIM?
2. Why do the Crow Dogs believe they are cursed?
3. What happens to the buildings used after Wounded Knee ends?
4. What did Mary admire about her friend, Annie Mae?
5. Describe the Crow Dogs' vision pit.
6. Describe the Ghost Dance that Leonard held at Wounded Knee in 1973.
7. Explain all that Leonard Crow Dog did at Wounded Knee in 1973.
8. What happens to Mary and her child as they leave Wounded Knee?
9. Where did Crow Dog talk to Mary about Sioux legends and what was involved in being a medicine man and the wife of a medicine man?
10. What was the attitude toward Mary, who was quite pregnant at the time of the siege at Wounded Knee?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how AIM changed Mary Brave Bird's life. Include both positive and negative influences. In your opinion, did AIM help Mary or not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the treatment of Native American women in Chapter Five.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the events of the siege of Wounded Knee.
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)