|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an iyeska?
2. How many times does Mary see her birth father by Chapter Two?
3. Who does Mary give a bloody nose to in Chapter Three?
4. What American city does AIM begin in?
5. Who does Mary's sister bail out of jail in Chapter Four?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Mary Brave Bird honored after having her baby during the siege of Wounded Knee?
2. Explain why no one Mary knows saves money in Chapter Two.
3. Explain how the trading posts operated as described in Chapter Five.
4. According to Chapter Three, who runs the boarding school that the author attended?
5. Why does Mary say that it is hard being an Indian woman?
6. What did Mary live while her husband was in the maximum-security prison in Lewisburg? How did she spend her time?
7. Describe the last peyote meeting that the author attended with Grandpa Dick Fool Bull.
8. Describe the dream the author experienced two weeks after her first peyote meeting.
9. Describe the peyote plant.
10. Why did the Rosebud people not play a big part at battles like Little Big Horn?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the importance of the Ghost Dance at both Wounded Knee episodes.
Essay Topic 2
What purpose does the Epilogue of Lakota Woman serve?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the belief held by Sioux men that menstruating women cannot participate in rituals because their power is too strong.
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)