|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feathers are Henry Crow Dog's fan made of?
2. Where is the Sioux peyote garden located?
3. How many items are on the list on the poster given to Mary's grandfather by missionaries?
4. In Chapter Five, whose drug of choice is LSD?
5. What event draws groups of Native Americans from all over the country to Washington, D.C.?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the dream the author experienced two weeks after her first peyote meeting.
2. How did Mary spend her time after she quit school?
3. Describe Mary's Christmases when she is young in Chapter Two.
4. Although Mary grew up in poverty, she indicates she was happier before she had to go to boarding school. Explain why.
5. What happened at home when Mary quit school?
6. Describe Old Grandpa Fool Bull.
7. Describe the incident that led to Mary leaving boarding school permanently.
8. Why was the author successful during her shoplifting days?
9. Describe the houses in the reservation towns from Chapter Four.
10. Where was Mary's first encounter with AIM?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze what changes Mary goes through in marrying Leonard Crow Dog.
Essay Topic 2
What purpose does the Epilogue of Lakota Woman serve?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how AIM changed Mary Brave Bird's life. Include both positive and negative influences. In your opinion, did AIM help Mary or not?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)