|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "You hate those most whom you have injured most"?
2. What legislation passes in 1934 that focuses on Indian government?
3. Where are many of the nuns from at the boarding school in Chapter Three?
4. What training does Mary's mother receive for her job?
5. In Chapter One, the narrator speaks of two women being found dead in the snow, Annie Mae and Delphine. Who are these women to the narrator?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the incident that led to Mary leaving boarding school permanently.
2. Describe the beginning of AIM.
3. Where was Mary's first encounter with AIM?
4. What did Mary live while her husband was in the maximum-security prison in Lewisburg? How did she spend her time?
5. Why does Mary say that it is hard being an Indian woman?
6. What problems do Plains men face, according to Mary in Chapter One?
7. Describe Mary's Christmases when she is young in Chapter Two.
8. What happened at home when Mary quit school?
9. Although Mary grew up in poverty, she indicates she was happier before she had to go to boarding school. Explain why.
10. Describe the peyote plant.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does becoming a mother change Mary? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Explain why Chapter Fifteen is titled, "The Eagle Caged."
Essay Topic 3
Describe how AIM changed Mary Brave Bird's life. Include both positive and negative influences. In your opinion, did AIM help Mary or not?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)