|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Seven, who finds the chief peyote?
2. Chapter Two begins with what?
3. Who is Wise?
4. How does Barbara miscarry her baby at the beginning of Chapter Five?
5. How old is the author when she first drinks alcohol?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Chapter Three, who runs the boarding school that the author attended?
2. Describe the dream the author experienced two weeks after her first peyote meeting.
3. What did Mary received from her grandmother's older sister, Mary, and her husband?
4. What happened at home when Mary quit school?
5. Describe Old Grandpa Fool Bull.
6. Why was the author successful during her shoplifting days?
7. Describe the incident that led to Mary leaving boarding school permanently.
8. Explain the tribal divisions among the Sioux people.
9. Describe the last peyote meeting that the author attended with Grandpa Dick Fool Bull.
10. How was Mary Brave Bird honored after having her baby during the siege of Wounded Knee?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does becoming a mother change Mary? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze what changes Mary goes through in marrying Leonard Crow Dog.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the history and use of alcohol on the reservations from Lakota Woman.
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)