Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who runs the boarding school while Mary attends?
2. When the author leaves Custer in Chapter Eight, what does the bumper sticker on her car say?
3. Who is Wise?
4. What American city does AIM begin in?
5. What event leads to Mary being given the special name of Ohitika Win (Brave Woman)?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Crow Dog talk to Mary about Sioux legends and what was involved in being a medicine man and the wife of a medicine man?
2. Describe Indian boarding schools from "Lakota Woman."
3. Describe the houses in the reservation towns from Chapter Four.
4. Explain how the trading posts operated as described in Chapter Five.
5. What did Mary received from her grandmother's older sister, Mary, and her husband?
6. Describe Mary's Christmases when she is young in Chapter Two.
7. Why did the Rosebud people not play a big part at battles like Little Big Horn?
8. How was Mary Brave Bird honored after having her baby during the siege of Wounded Knee?
9. How did Mary spend her time after she quit school?
10. Describe the incident that led to Mary leaving boarding school permanently.
Essay Topic 1
What purpose does the Epilogue of Lakota Woman serve?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the history and use of alcohol on the reservations from Lakota Woman.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the events of the siege of Wounded Knee.
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)