|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Four, where are you likely to see a sign that says, "No Indians and Dogs Allowed"?
2. What is the name of the boarding school that the author attends?
3. What is the name of the Seattle bar on Skid Row that the author mentions in Chapter Four?
4. Who does Mary's sister bail out of jail in Chapter Four?
5. Who runs the boarding school while Mary attends?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why no one Mary knows saves money in Chapter Two.
2. According to Chapter Three, who runs the boarding school that the author attended?
3. Why was the author successful during her shoplifting days?
4. How did Mary spend her time after she quit school?
5. Describe the Indian marriages of Chapter Six.
6. Describe Indian boarding schools from "Lakota Woman."
7. Describe Old Grandpa Fool Bull.
8. Describe the beginning of AIM.
9. Although Mary grew up in poverty, she indicates she was happier before she had to go to boarding school. Explain why.
10. Why did the Rosebud people not play a big part at battles like Little Big Horn?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the importance of the Ghost Dance at both Wounded Knee episodes.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Mary's need to have her baby at Wounded Knee.
Essay Topic 3
What purpose does the Epilogue of Lakota Woman serve?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)