|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Wise?
2. Which of the following celebrities is not mentioned as a supporter of AIM?
3. What is pejuta sapa, mentioned in Chapter Five?
4. Who is telling the story in Chapter One?
5. In the old days, where do the heads of households keep ration cards?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the changes in the Crow Dog family in the epilogue.
2. Where was Mary's first encounter with AIM?
3. Summarize what happens to Leonard Crow Dog's traditional style of wearing his hair while in prison.
4. What did Mary live while her husband was in the maximum-security prison in Lewisburg? How did she spend her time?
5. Describe the trading post store.
6. What was the attitude toward Mary, who was quite pregnant at the time of the siege at Wounded Knee?
7. Although Mary grew up in poverty, she indicates she was happier before she had to go to boarding school. Explain why.
8. What causes Mary's breakdown and how is she healed?
9. What did Mary received from her grandmother's older sister, Mary, and her husband?
10. Describe Mary's Christmases when she is young in Chapter Two.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the treatment of Native American women in Chapter Five.
Essay Topic 2
Explain why Chapter Fifteen is titled, "The Eagle Caged."
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of women at Wounded Knee and whether they were treated as second-class citizens.
This section contains 1,088 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)