|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Barbara miscarry her baby at the beginning of Chapter Five?
2. What American city does AIM begin in?
3. Where is Mary in Chapter Four when her husband is beat up and her child is almost hit by a bullet?
4. What does Mary's grandmother tell her never to do in Chapter Two?
5. What historic event does Grandpa Fool Bull witness?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize what happens to Leonard Crow Dog's traditional style of wearing his hair while in prison.
2. What happened at home when Mary quit school?
3. Explain all that Leonard Crow Dog did at Wounded Knee in 1973.
4. According to Chapter Three, who runs the boarding school that the author attended?
5. Who are some of the non-Indian supporters for Leonard Crow Dog?
6. Describe the Ghost Dance that Leonard held at Wounded Knee in 1973.
7. What did Mary live while her husband was in the maximum-security prison in Lewisburg? How did she spend her time?
8. Describe Barbara's living situation in Chapter Sixteen.
9. Why do the Crow Dogs believe they are cursed?
10. What events led to Judge Robert Merhige to release Crow Dog for time served?
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter Two, the Sioux practice of tiyospaye is introduced and described as the center of the old Sioux society. Explain what tiyospaye is and how it has changed.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the treatment of Native American women in Chapter Five.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how AIM changed Mary Brave Bird's life. Include both positive and negative influences. In your opinion, did AIM help Mary or not?
This section contains 1,075 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)