|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What legislation passes in 1934 that focuses on Indian government?
2. What does AIM stand for?
3. Who does Mary give a bloody nose to in Chapter Three?
4. What is the name of the Seattle bar on Skid Row that the author mentions in Chapter Four?
5. What tribe does the late Native American activist, Richard Oakes, belong to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the Rosebud people not play a big part at battles like Little Big Horn?
2. Describe Mary's Christmases when she is young in Chapter Two.
3. Describe Mary's aunt, Elsie Flood.
4. According to Chapter Three, who runs the boarding school that the author attended?
5. What happened at home when Mary quit school?
6. Explain what the Indian Reorganization Act meant for Native Americans.
7. How did Mary spend her time after she quit school?
8. Describe the dream the author experienced two weeks after her first peyote meeting.
9. Why will Mary's mother and grandmother not teacher her how to speak the Sioux language?
10. What did Mary live while her husband was in the maximum-security prison in Lewisburg? How did she spend her time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What purpose does the Epilogue of Lakota Woman serve?
Essay Topic 2
Does becoming a mother change Mary? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Mary's need to have her baby at Wounded Knee.
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)