|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary spend $99.99 on in Chapter Eight?
2. What year does the first Wounded Knee occur?
3. What is the "Red Panther"?
4. Two Native American reservations are mentioned in Chapter One. What are they?
5. What is an iyeska?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the dream the author experienced two weeks after her first peyote meeting.
2. Describe the Indian marriages of Chapter Six.
3. Describe the last peyote meeting that the author attended with Grandpa Dick Fool Bull.
4. Describe Old Grandpa Fool Bull.
5. According to Chapter Three, who runs the boarding school that the author attended?
6. Describe the type of relationship that the author had with her mother in Chapter Five.
7. Describe the incident that led to Mary leaving boarding school permanently.
8. Describe Mary's aunt, Elsie Flood.
9. Although Mary grew up in poverty, she indicates she was happier before she had to go to boarding school. Explain why.
10. Describe the houses in the reservation towns from Chapter Four.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why was the government threatened by Annie Mae Aquash? Who do you believe killed her?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the events of the siege of Wounded Knee.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how AIM changed Mary Brave Bird's life. Include both positive and negative influences. In your opinion, did AIM help Mary or not?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)