|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "You hate those most whom you have injured most"?
2. What are winter counts?
3. How long does Old Grandpa Fool Bull live?
4. What training does Mary's mother receive for her job?
5. Who are the helpless ones, according to Chapter Two?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the last peyote meeting that the author attended with Grandpa Dick Fool Bull.
2. Explain what the Indian Reorganization Act meant for Native Americans.
3. Describe Old Grandpa Fool Bull.
4. Explain how the trading posts operated as described in Chapter Five.
5. Describe Mary's aunt, Elsie Flood.
6. Describe the incident that led to Mary leaving boarding school permanently.
7. How was Mary Brave Bird honored after having her baby during the siege of Wounded Knee?
8. Explain the tribal divisions among the Sioux people.
9. Describe Indian boarding schools from "Lakota Woman."
10. Describe the type of relationship that the author had with her mother in Chapter Five.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze what changes Mary goes through in marrying Leonard Crow Dog.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter Two, the Sioux practice of tiyospaye is introduced and described as the center of the old Sioux society. Explain what tiyospaye is and how it has changed.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the events of the siege of Wounded Knee.
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)