|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mary, what family has no shortage of legends?
2. What event draws groups of Native Americans from all over the country to Washington, D.C.?
3. Two Native American reservations are mentioned in Chapter One. What are they?
4. What year is AIM born?
5. Where is Mary caught shoplifting her second time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what the Indian Reorganization Act meant for Native Americans.
2. Describe the type of relationship that the author had with her mother in Chapter Five.
3. What problems do Plains men face, according to Mary in Chapter One?
4. How was Mary Brave Bird honored after having her baby during the siege of Wounded Knee?
5. Describe Old Grandpa Fool Bull.
6. Describe the incident that led to Mary leaving boarding school permanently.
7. Why does Mary say that it is hard being an Indian woman?
8. Describe the dream the author experienced two weeks after her first peyote meeting.
9. What did Mary received from her grandmother's older sister, Mary, and her husband?
10. Describe Mary's aunt, Elsie Flood.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain why Chapter Fifteen is titled, "The Eagle Caged."
Essay Topic 2
Why was the government threatened by Annie Mae Aquash? Who do you believe killed her?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of women at Wounded Knee and whether they were treated as second-class citizens.
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)