|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an iyeska?
2. Who takes Mary to her first peyote meeting?
3. Where are many of the nuns from at the boarding school in Chapter Three?
4. What American city does AIM begin in?
5. Who says, "You hate those most whom you have injured most"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What attempts were made to destroy Indian religion, according to Chapter Seven?
2. What did Mary live while her husband was in the maximum-security prison in Lewisburg? How did she spend her time?
3. According to Chapter Three, who runs the boarding school that the author attended?
4. Why did the Rosebud people not play a big part at battles like Little Big Horn?
5. Describe the dream the author experienced two weeks after her first peyote meeting.
6. Where was Mary's first encounter with AIM?
7. Describe the peyote plant.
8. Explain why no one Mary knows saves money in Chapter Two.
9. Why was the author successful during her shoplifting days?
10. What problems do Plains men face, according to Mary in Chapter One?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does becoming a mother change Mary? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Explain why Chapter Fifteen is titled, "The Eagle Caged."
Essay Topic 3
Analyze what changes Mary goes through in marrying Leonard Crow Dog.
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)